00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the zine is dead

354 Views | 12 Replies

the zine is dead 2020-10-30 15:47:07

So for like the two people or whatever who remember I tried making a Newgrounds "fanzine" like a month or two ago and I genuinely believed it was going to turn into something super duper amazing.

If you couldn't tell already by how long it's been I've dropped it, because there's more important shit to be worrying about than all this online discourse crap. And also I just have no fucking clue how to make a zine, so there's that too.

Maybe I'll try something similar at some point in the future but idk this whole shit just feels behind me now.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 15:53:42

At 10/30/20 03:48 PM, olskoo wrote: Sorry to hear that dude.

A "congratulations" would be more appropriate imo.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 16:01:54

At 10/30/20 03:58 PM, Seth wrote: You could embark on less involved/complex creative endeavors. Have you considered making music? As someone who makes music, I can honestly say that anyone who gives two shits and a fuck along with having half a brain can learn to make music. After just a few years, one could gain enough skill to be worthy of radio play. Like my greatest hit
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/893734
Not sure why that one is so great to people. It's just glorified elevator music.

I've been wanting to try out music for a while, but I'm always stuck on what program I should get. Got any recommendations?

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 16:13:05

At 10/30/20 04:08 PM, Seth wrote:
At 10/30/20 04:01 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 10/30/20 03:58 PM, Seth wrote: You could embark on less involved/complex creative endeavors. Have you considered making music? As someone who makes music, I can honestly say that anyone who gives two shits and a fuck along with having half a brain can learn to make music. After just a few years, one could gain enough skill to be worthy of radio play. Like my greatest hit
Not sure why that one is so great to people. It's just glorified elevator music.
I've been wanting to try out music for a while, but I'm always stuck on what program I should get. Got any recommendations?
I really can't recommend anything, considering my bias. A lot of people here on Newgrounds swear that FL Studio is where it's at, but I happen to be in the tiny minority that finds the simplistic design of Mixcraft the best for workflow. I've even streamed a Mixcraft project in Discord for several people to see, who in turn said that they like how clean it looks.
If you're not sure if music creation is something you'll stick with, I think you should start with LMMS. It's free, if a bit clunky with the UI. Better yet, it's cross-platform (Windows, Linux and Mac).
There are many more softwares (known as DAW) available for making music, so try to find what works for you, not what anyone says is the best.
Good luck!

Thank you! I actually tried FL Studio myself and yeah it just didn't work for me. I'll definitely give LMMS a try though!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 16:29:45

RIP: the dream is dead

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 17:13:24

The road to success is paved with failures, but there's no reason why you couldn't come back to it later on in life with more experience and knowledge

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 18:05:58

I thought you were talking about a Videonow or GBA video clone or something.

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-30 18:40:33

iu_187610_2939046.jpg

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-31 01:55:53

At 10/30/20 04:00 PM, UggoSonno wrote:
At 10/30/20 03:53 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 10/30/20 03:48 PM, olskoo wrote: Sorry to hear that dude.
A "congratulations" would be more appropriate imo.
I was gonna say sucks dude but okay
Congratulations

i saw this show for the first time this month and i gotta say this scene gets made fun of alot but when you watch it in the context of the show, it felt very deserved for shinji

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-31 03:22:57

Here are some alternative solutions

1. Create a page on Facebook
  2. Create a Neocities site

If these solutions didn't work, find some WikiHow tutorial

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-31 05:43:28

At 10/31/20 03:22 AM, SirKaotik wrote: Here are some alternative solutions

If these solutions didn't work, find some WikiHow tutorial

I do have a Neocities in fact! But I'm not so sure about sharing it yet because it's kinda shite still.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-31 06:18:26

Hey dude, people, fucking like! Jazz funk punk elevator mixes...

and thats deeper than the bible bro. Don’t like, deny me this. It’s my lifes work. My penultimate quote.

Response to the zine is dead 2020-10-31 07:04:46

badass!