00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TuffzNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Characters that don't deserve the hate they get

1,071 Views | 35 Replies

What are some characters that you feel don't deserve a lot of the hate they get? Or rather characters you like that everyone else hates

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 13:52:29

Batman

Jar Jar Binks.

He was used much like Yoda or the Ewoks, as a metaphor for underestimating people. Even someone who is a living cartoon minstrel sideshow can go on to doom the entire Galaxy. And the wise Jedi Quai-Gon spends their entire time together rolling his eyes at the man's quirks, cultures and customs. Snatches the dude's tongue up like a child for forgetting his table manners his first time on a foreign planet.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:21:27

The Ghostbuster ladies.

The film was fine.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:22:35

So none of you will know who the hell I'm talking about but the main villain on Days of Our Lives for decades was Stefano DiMera. Everyone hated him. I looooovvvved him. He was my favorite character.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Most villains, really.

Writing today, if it were like painting, would be an artist who doesn’t have any black or white paints, there are no extremes.

They learned from the 70s and 80s that purely evil characters were cheesy and boring, and purely good characters were unrealistic and corny. Even comical

They do such a good job of writing villains these days that they outshine the heroes sometimes, and the best villains have goals that are arguably more noble than the heroes.

But....they purposefully make their methods brutal, oppressive or cruel so that people know who’s side is whose. Were villains just a bit more remorseful, apprehensive and merciful, you wouldn’t tell the difference.

hello

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:28:13

At 9/13/20 03:22 PM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote: So none of you will know who the hell I'm talking about but the main villain on Days of Our Lives for decades was Stefano DiMera. Everyone hated him. I looooovvvved him. He was my favorite character.

Stefano was a fucking boss ass mfer. He's like SBC, you can't kill the motherfucker.

I think I shed a tear when they did tribute to his passing recently, and the characters were still paranoid and panicked that he would return yet again.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:30:45

At 9/13/20 03:29 PM, tehdroopy wrote: But saturday morning cartoon like villains are the most fun.

Beastman > Skeletor and I’ll fight over this

hello

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:31:14

At 9/13/20 03:22 PM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote: So none of you will know who the hell I'm talking about but the main villain on Days of Our Lives for decades was Stefano DiMera. Everyone hated him. I looooovvvved him. He was my favorite character.

ay but also tabitha and timmy from passions

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:33:34

At 9/13/20 03:31 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Ok so Timmy and Tabitha were the ONLY characters I liked on Passions. I HAAAATED Passions. It was so stupid. I HATED theresa. I longed to see her die pretty much every episode.

But grandma loved Passions so we watched together and snapped peas and I enjoyed Timmy and Tabitha.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:36:22

At 9/13/20 03:28 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
Stefano was a fucking boss ass mfer. He's like SBC, you can't kill the motherfucker.

I think I shed a tear when they did tribute to his passing recently, and the characters were still paranoid and panicked that he would return yet again.

I was legit bummed when he died irl, the Phoenix will rise again!

BBS Signature

At 9/13/20 03:33 PM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote:
Ok so Timmy and Tabitha were the ONLY characters I liked on Passions. I HAAAATED Passions. It was so stupid. I HATED theresa. I longed to see her die pretty much every episode.
But grandma loved Passions so we watched together and snapped peas and I enjoyed Timmy and Tabitha.

I agree, but Tabitha remained awesome after Timmy died. It got even more ridiculous. First they tried to replace him with a a female doll, which sucked, but then she had a chimpanzee which was amazing. After that she adopted some kid or something who was a poweful witch but mute, and she spoke to Tabita like fucking pop-up videos on VH1. It was so stupid, I love that show.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 15:53:35

At 9/13/20 03:39 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 9/13/20 03:33 PM, TheGhostOfSevenSeize wrote:
I agree, but Tabitha remained awesome after Timmy died. It got even more ridiculous. First they tried to replace him with a a female doll, which sucked, but then she had a chimpanzee which was amazing. After that she adopted some kid or something who was a poweful witch but mute, and she spoke to Tabita like fucking pop-up videos on VH1. It was so stupid, I love that show.

See I never watched that far but now I kinda wish I had because I loved Tabitha!

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 16:18:39

At 9/13/20 03:53 PM, Seth wrote:
At 9/13/20 01:52 PM, megadoctor wrote: Batman
Batman had 8 guys do a circle jerk around him, then he drank all of their creamy man-juice. Then Robin walked into the room. Instantly he sent the 8 men out of the room, and as soon as they were all gone, he undressed Robin with such amazing speed that he shuddered at the thought of how inexperienced he was.

No way did this happen. The fact that Robin wasn't involved in gang-circle-masturbation scene with other 8 men makes this look like a sexual desire of some sort, not something that had actually taken place.

Lies.

At 9/13/20 03:23 PM, tehdroopy wrote: Scrappy doo. I get why people hate him, but the hate is so overblown people act like scrappy killed their parents.

You don't know what he's like behind closed doors. This one time I saw him at this smallish cocktail party (some bullshit in LA I was there on business and went on a detour I dont wanna talk about it) and he kept harassing this woman to come over to his "really bitchin and nice apartment" and was in general being really sloppy and mumbling heinous words under his breath and making everyone uncomfortable. People hate scrappy but don't understand how much of a monster he is.

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 17:32:41

At 9/13/20 03:53 PM, Seth wrote:
At 9/13/20 01:52 PM, megadoctor wrote: Batman
Batman had 8 guys do a circle jerk around him, then he drank all of their creamy man-juice. Then Robin walked into the room. Instantly he sent the 8 men out of the room, and as soon as they were all gone, he undressed Robin with such amazing speed that he shuddered at the thought of how inexperienced he was.

@Drunkgecko are you on Seth;s account?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 20:44:34

Caillou

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-13 20:55:00

"Mary Sue" characters, whether or not they're actual Mary Sues.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-14 08:45:06

Cobra commander. Come on the guy turned himself from a used car salesman to the biggest threat to the free world.

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-14 09:20:06

Cersi Lannister

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-14 09:55:12

The Animal Crossing fandom likes to make Tom Nook out to be this evil capitalist swine as if he doesn't give you an interest-free mortgage and you'll face zero repercussions if you choose to just not pay it off.

I don't get the hate for Mineta from Boku no Hero or Angel Dust from Hazbin. The horny weirdo isn't a new or uncommon trope and unlike that blond dude from Seven Deadly Sins, Mineta and Angel get their shit kicked in for being sex offenders.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 01:21:05

At 9/14/20 09:20 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Cersi Lannister

Never hated the character, even when I was "supposed to". She was such an integral part to that whole world. Every time they tried to portray her as some kind of monster, I just had a different view of it.

And Lena Headey was a fucking beast in that role.

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 03:36:33

At 9/13/20 08:44 PM, Gimmick wrote: Caillou

He doesn't get enough hate, he's a little shit.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 08:05:50

iu_168134_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 10:54:02

I made the mistake of reading one answer about Batman on Quora, so now my feed on that website is routinely clogged with loaded questions about Batman being a Mary Sue.

I don't really get any of them, because it all just seems like your average superhero bullshit. His most "egregious" offenses seem to take place exclusively in cross-over stories like The Justice League, where yeah, Batman kind of needs to be able to do some wild shit if there is any reason at all for him to be seen as an equal to a guy who can lift "200 quintillion tons" after a sun tan.

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 13:37:31

I remember people getting really mad about Jasper Batt Jr. in NMH2 back in the day and I always felt like they were missing the point somehow. Like yeah he killed Travis' best friend but I'm pretty sure no-one playing the game could have really cared all that much about Bishop, and he had the exact same motivation as Travis does in that game so like. Maybe it's all down to the boss fight or something idk

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-15 17:16:40

Kirito from Sword Art Online. I don’t really understand the hate that people have for this guy, whether it’s out of jealousy or because he unintentionally shares a nickname with Guts from Berserk, while disregarding their situations. Who wouldn’t want to be a dual-wielding sword master with a capable and hot gamer girlfriend by your side?

I can’t help but shake the feeling that characters like him from 20 or 30 years ago would’ve been given medals for being the ultimate badass with a huge fanbase telling them how awesome he or she was.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-16 01:19:46

I think Mr. PeanutButter always got more hate than he deserved, tbh

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-16 01:23:09

At 9/16/20 01:19 AM, CiviLies wrote: I think Mr. PeanutButter always got more hate than he deserved, tbh

Mr. Peanutbutter is an amazing character

People are stupid

BBS Signature

Response to Characters that don't deserve the hate they get 2020-09-16 01:24:13

At 9/16/20 01:23 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 9/16/20 01:19 AM, CiviLies wrote: I think Mr. PeanutButter always got more hate than he deserved, tbh
Mr. Peanutbutter is an amazing character

People are stupid

Somebody gets it. Thank you.