00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

11,316 Views | 223 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-02 19:27:01

Hello there old friend

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-08 07:48:09

At 11/26/20 10:15 AM, EasyRider080 wrote: Aloha!
I ve loved this site since I was kid (8-10 years), now I am 23 and still in love. I have only two sites in my heart newgrounds and mausland (dont know whats happening with mausland probably dead meh) and Pico and Frank Adventure are my childhood heroes. Glad to came back here, still in love with u guys (no homo).

As I was watching Vinesauce's stream today on flash games with the game "The Legend of Zelda: The Lampshade of no real significance", I discovered the probably well-known fact that the Super Flash Bros are responsible for Snipperclips.

And I was just thinking on how many of the creators of Flash games that I used to play have become pretty big names in the gaming industry today. (some irony on making this comment on the site run by The Behemoth)

Obviously this led me to wonder about Mausland entertainment as well..

It's 2020 and a lot has happened over the last decade. 13 year old kids creating their first broken troll game in Flash in 2009 are now post-graduation.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-10 16:29:11

I've been under many names here, back when you had to ask Wade to get them changed. Lemonardo is one I remember, but I'm sure there were many others before it. I made this account and started posting when I was incredibly young, maybe too young, at 10 years old, pretending to be more grown up like everyone else, or what I thought was grown up. I remember actively seeking approval from others and - perhaps why I mentioned 'too young' - carrying a certain social complex right into my late teens. Newgrounds was my first social connection outside of my immediate dreary surroundings, what opened me up to the outside world, what's made me want to continue broadening my horizons ever since. It's played a big part in who I am today, I would think. I'm a producer, musician, songwriter, have a lovely fiancée and I currently work in the civil service. I love writing - expression and understanding are my bread and butter. I've lurked here a little bit in the last few years but I've spent enough time here recently to warrant reaching out a little, I think.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 02:48:43

At 8/15/20 08:19 AM, SantaSeven wrote: Also we can bitch about being old.
My back hurts.

Mine too. Hmm.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 08:30:46

At 12/11/20 02:48 AM, cast wrote:
At 8/15/20 08:19 AM, SantaSeven wrote: Also we can bitch about being old.
My back hurts.
Mine too. Hmm.

I'm making all the candy and cookies this weekend--- PM me your address again because that thread got deleted and I suck and didn't save it BUT I WANT TO SEND YOU COOKIES AND CANDY

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 09:33:51

I've never used this site before.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 20:56:10

At 12/11/20 09:33 AM, tehslaphappy wrote: I've never used this site before.

That explains why you don't know that the Webcam section isn't supposed to be live feed.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-14 18:29:32

Just recovered my account I made when I was 9 after 10 years, this is probably one of my first accounts for anything besides some Nick Jr shit. The whole Newgrounds and flash kind of culture has always been something I enjoyed as a kid and although I never really contributed much, I have never forgotten about Newgrounds thanks to listening to the Sleepycast podcast on repeat for years.

It's kind of difficult and bizzare to explain how all my autistic love for Mario, Sonic, flash animations and shitty hentai games on Newgrounds have been apart of my life, but I guess I kind of consider this whole thing as a subculture. Newgrounds and all the old flash shit gives me a cozy feeling and I look forward to lurking on here again.

Also if anyone wants to be pals thats cool, bonus points if ur a hot girl that looks like Lea Seydoux with fat tits thanks.

Hi to @jadetheassassin, @bobbyjenkins, @nuscarab and anyone else I recognise since I posted itt. @shitonastick I believe I already said hi to you maybe

BobbyJenkins, you probably don't remember me as you were leaving around the time I started off. However I remember you made some potentially-troll thread about the issue of abortion, and I came down heavily as an anti-abortionist. I was like 13, gimme a break. Anyway, apologies. I still feel ashamed about that and I shouldn't have said the things anti-abortionists say, they are hurtful.

I mean, I argued a whole load of dumb things here all that time ago, but I feel particularly bad about guilt-tripping a woman about abortion. My position has evolved, in fact it probably evolved a year or two after that thread.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-19 15:06:44

At 12/15/20 07:18 AM, Earfetish wrote: Hi to @jadetheassassin, @bobbyjenkins, @nuscarab and anyone else I recognise since I posted itt. @shitonastick I believe I already said hi to you maybe

BobbyJenkins, you probably don't remember me as you were leaving around the time I started off. However I remember you made some potentially-troll thread about the issue of abortion, and I came down heavily as an anti-abortionist. I was like 13, gimme a break. Anyway, apologies. I still feel ashamed about that and I shouldn't have said the things anti-abortionists say, they are hurtful.

I mean, I argued a whole load of dumb things here all that time ago, but I feel particularly bad about guilt-tripping a woman about abortion. My position has evolved, in fact it probably evolved a year or two after that thread.

Hello @earfetish. I don't know if you'd remember me. My original account was nohimn, and I'm pretty sure you were active on UCFD. My memory of that time is a bit fuzzy.

People grow. There's a lot of things I did or said on NG that I'm not proud of. In some ways, having a record of your past self is a blessing. Sometimes looking at who you were can give you a better perspective on who you are. It keeps me humbled and helps me chart who I want to become.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-21 17:03:57

hi, old account had a signup date of november 2nd 2008 or something like that. started off submitting bad flashes and occasional music as a kid which all got blammed or low scores for being mediocre, then i kinda gave up on those projects at the beginning of 2011 and changed my name to kanef (as it is now) and posted on the forums a lot about nothing, kinda oversharing and personal life stuff which im so glad is all deleted now.

in 2013 i guess i made a good chunk of actual music that was just noodlings in FL and audacity that happened to sound good, then in 2015 i actually learned how to make decent art (some but not all of it is reposted here)

since 2013ish i had a constant feeling this website was just a 2000s internet relic with a dying userbase which caused me to lose interest in most of the site and then delete everything in 2017. (gonna do that with twitter in 2021 for the same reason) the reason this account has a 2012 signup is cause it used to be an alt called CosmicDrama that referenced flylos cosmogramma album from 2010, didnt use it much until i came back though.

then with tumblr fucking up and realising how much the modern web sucks at designing art and content galleries i came back to ng and realised that its relic status thankfully hasnt changed much compared to all the absolute cancer of presentation fb twitter reddit and etc are responsible.

now i mainly dump art and music here, maybe animations when i finally make one. so glad my shit is frontpaged now this is a dream i had since 2008 thanks a lot. satina and friday night funkin are real cute and cool shit, keep the OC coming, its the real driving force of websites and their userbase trajectory so its what we should focus on.

don;t look at my Posts

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-23 15:09:53

Well I've been meaning come back with seeing all the stuff on reddit about the end of flash.

Brings back of old time memories of this. and some fun times.

I was never super active on the forums, but I figured I post and say look at all the noob posting thinking they are old :P

PS. I married a myth and legend at the same time.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-01 04:48:52

Totally didn't see this thread and made my own post. I have been inactive on this account since around 2009 because I forgot my password. Just crazy how everything on newgrounds has stayed pretty much the same while the internet changed around it.

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon

Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol

Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel

Great trip down memory lane with this thread. I remember all of the old people. @madcow come back man :(

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-03 12:48:36

@rabid-echidna you too

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-04 04:20:12

Are 07 users still trash?

speedycat sure is speedy!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-04 18:27:01

Yo.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-05 09:54:38

At 1/4/21 06:27 PM, Cally wrote: Yo.

i think u were the first user to bring a baby to a meet up.

None

Well yea , I'm Kruno 5 gaming and I've joined this gang club since 2018 (while finding Geometry Dash Musicians) , and that all wawawa

i'm not new here silly noob

flagging stolen things

also i'm playing geometry dash <3 <3

report bad things <3

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-06 05:58:11

At 1/5/21 09:54 AM, Luis wrote:
At 1/4/21 06:27 PM, Cally wrote: Yo.
i think u were the first user to bring a baby to a meet up.

Yeah that baby is 10 now 🥺

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-08 12:27:30

Hi...I have been a member since 2016 I believe and I started posting some short animated films on here as I was working through tutorials ...

and today I found out about the forums...

I had no bloody idea these existed and probably would have made finding answers to a lot of questions I had a lot easier.

Still, I found it now and hope to find some folks who might be interested in working with me. I write my own scripts and do all the animation and some of the voice work.

I am going to try and create a short film every 2 months while I am also working on a 10-15 minute short film based on a script I did years ago which I hope to have out to festivals in 2022...as long as we still have a world where people would go to festivals.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and if you do want to see some of the shorts under my account I recommend

Quarantine 2040 a Roger Rabbit style live action/animation hybrid

The Letter: A short done like a parody of Donald Trump in Charlie Brown.

and finally Interesting Deaths Episode 1 (Hopefully to complete #2 shortly),

iu_222123_5991621.jpg

I think those are the best work I have done so far.

I am very open to criticism, suggestions and love any form of tips that will help me speed up my work and would be up for helping write/rewrite scripts, doing some voice work, etc.

Thanks!

Rob

www.416film.com

greetings everyone, my name is "Mattedda", i've been in newgrounds for a full fledge 5 years but didnt had a account to create to do so...back in 2016, i discovered or heard of this site, not much but played the flash games that were from this certain site, and guess what, now it is my new home. and yes, i'm a lurker too--lololololoLSOISOISOISOISOISOIOIOSOISOISOISOISOISIOSOISOISOISOSSOISIOSSOISOI

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-16 02:31:40

It's cool to see some old BBS users posting in this thread. I recognize a few.

My name was Pkmn2 and I was a sprite animator back in 2007. Fug, that's a long time ago.

I had the sudden urge to go back to Newgrounds since Friday Night Funkin' is gaining traction on other sites.

Well, it's awesome to see NG still thriving. With lockdowns and stuff I got more free time on my hands and after browsing the portals the past weeks, I feel like staying for awhile again.

Not doing much besides office slaving the days away, but I have recently started learning game development.

I was thinking of making some content here again, but I'm not sure if people are still interested in silly sprite animations.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-19 13:28:37

Wow, going through this thread has been a blast from the past. A lot of names of people I used to know back in the day.

I was very active on the forums from basically 2003-2009 or so. Somehow against all common sense, I was a forum moderator for a couple years and met a ton of awesome people at the two mod meats I attended in Philly. Some of the mods I'm still Facebook friends with, which is kind of a trip.

I'm glad I was bored enough to check out the forums today.

Also, oh snap...we can post two images AND video clips now? The future truly is here.

I used to be a BBS mod, plzdontban kthxbai :D

Back on a semi-intermittent basis

Bacon vodka? It's more likely than you'd think!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-19 17:15:55

I only occasionally check out Newgrounds, like once every couple of months. It still is a wonderful site and I'm glad to have made an account on it years ago.

I've been busy with different things and I'm not the kid I was when I joined the site but part of me misses that time. But at the same time I don't mind. A little website about some cool cartoons and games is ultimately totally not important in everyday life for me.

But damn does browsing this site make me feel comfortable. Something about the warm dark colour scheme makes me feel at ease.

I'm BloxmineXL (guess that was my nickname in 2013) and I still love this site and maybe I'll keep on lurking, or maybe I'll even post a thing or two sometime. But now it's time for me to go to bed.

see you around, folks.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-19 22:38:23

Greetings.

I am known as Yew.

I used to have an account long ago, early 2000's I believe, however it has long since been lost to time. I wasn't well known for anything or did anything remarkable due to my tendency to drop projects before I finished them, and I used a different username back then, but I just feeeeel like I should introduce myself here cause why not. Newgrounds certainly has changed since I last looked at it.

Feel free to add/message me or check out my stuff on my Github/Youtube/Steam or whatever, which are linked on my profile.

I plan on releasing some small projects here if I ever finish them.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-23 18:53:31

Hey I used to post here way back when I was like a preteen and early teen years. Lately I've been popping onto these boards and it seems like most things have stayed the same. I even see a few people who were around back then. How have you stayed around so long?!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-25 08:28:46

Well, I used to have a Newgrounds account, and while I'm pretty sure I remember the login credentials, I've already gotten further with this newer account, and I distinctly remember leaving a lot of awful reviews on the other one, as I was, like, eleven.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-25 15:21:40

I am a user who browsed the page before, although I had many account changes for different reasons (although nothing important)

Hi, I'm Jogeta Joaquin, but you can call me Swan Pakka, I'm a young guy who's been on this page since 2013, I like the development of video games and among other things

I am currently developing a fangame, although I am having technical problems, I make drawings with a style influenced by Earthbound artworks and above all the drawing style of Shintani, In this reincarnation I have many things that I want to show all of you in the future, and I hope you will welcome me with open arms in this new account of an old user

Well, that was my introduction, I'm not good at these things 😅

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-01-30 05:46:07

Hey, I used to be heavily active here around 2014-2015. I won't say what my old username was since I'm heavily embarrassed by everything on that account, but rest assured I loved this place during my time here. I got into other communities and shit, got into drawing and am currently trying to get into music. Seeing Newgrounds rebuild its presence on the internet was encouraging to see in my time away from here. I always love seeing this site get support. I decided to make a new account and see how much changed around here since I went inactive. I don't know how active I'll be, but it's worth a shot.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature