00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,223 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-12 14:09:59

At 8/17/20 02:23 PM, Malachy wrote: Howdy,

I've been lurking the BBS since 2003. I stumbled on NG in the PC lab in 8th grade when taking a CAD design class. The older kids were playing games and videos on NG when the teacher wasn't paying attention so I started playing rooftop skater a bunch.

I found the BBS when I my parents got a PC capable of loading the NG front page over christmas 2002. Over winter break just before I went back to school I created an account and started frequenting the forums every night. Newgrounds has been a part of my daily routine ever since. I've been a review and BBS mod since 2008. I've been chat mod for a while too. I've been a supporter for 5 years. I have a bunch of merch from the old NG store and even a long sleeve logo shirt from the very first cafepress store from way way back. I have missed more than 10 years worth of daily deposits despite being here literally every day for 17 years. I once had 24k+ BBS posts but it's been going down for a while with some large threads and prolific users being deleted from when I was more active. I mostly lurk these days.

I've been to 3 Montreal Meetups, a Mod meetup and 2 Pico Days. I've met some long time NG friends IRL for beer, skiing, overnight visits and on vacations. I first met newgrounders in meatspace when I skipped out from a family vacation in 2004 when I was only 16 and took a grayhound bus 3 hours away to Vancouver BC.

IRL I've graduated highschool and went to college and got married (Tom gave me a shoutout).

Since 2003: I have had 2 bicycles and 2 skateboards. I have driven 9 different cars and 2 motorcycles. I've had 9 cats (5 currently), 1 dog, 1 snake, 3 horses (2 currently) and a handful of chickens and guinea fowl. Lived in 5 apartments, bought 2 houses and lived in 4 different states. I've had 11 different jobs.

I have no artistic abilities. I'm just a fan of the games, toons art and music here. I used to write cringey stuff in highschool but that's thankfully buried with my old livejournal and maybe a few pages of the Late Night Loung in C&C.

BBS Signature

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

How do I participate?

sup newgrounds ... it has been a while. Any one need a voice actor?

iu_193670_564738.jpg

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-13 18:55:39

found Newgrounds back in 1999 when I was still in the Army, made an account in 2000, after 2004 wasn't active all that much as dial up was a pain in the ass on this site, got more active after 2009 when I had high speed internet a year after moving to Las Vegas from northern California, still pissed a lot of my favorites were taken down after 2003-2004, royally pissed when several flash artist I have followed since 2000 have vanished from here

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-13 19:17:57

I'm Sugar, member since August 2010.

I started my account when I was 15, two months before I discovered the Audio Portal.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-14 13:56:50

At 11/13/20 12:34 AM, UberBarista wrote:

How do I participate?

Holy fucking shit, I thought you dropped off the face of the planet.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-14 14:03:51

It's so nice seeing so many familiar names (and the old usernames of people who now have different names). :)

So hi, I'm Jade, former mod of these here BBS. I used to spend an unhealthy amount of time here, now I don't.

I still have the Reader's Digest somewhere where Rig was featured as the cover/main story due to the sirtom incident, I think I sent a copy to a couple of users.

Stuff happened, life kind of took me away from things I used to spend a lot of time on (Neopets, here, other things), and I'm hoping that I can try and find some time to rekindle some of those passions without feeling like I shouldn't be doing them for one reason or another. I'm a mom of 2 and married to @devourerjay for 8 years now. My son's inherited my angry clock face shirt and wears it to school, just waiting to see if anyone at his school starts recognizing it.

I miss you guys a lot, and it's been ABSOLUTELY wonderful to see a bunch of people come out of the woodwork to post here. I have a lot of happy memories of things that happened here (as well as some that didn't go very well).

<3<3<3<3<3

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

I came here in about 2012 or so when I was eleven years old. This is my first time logging back into a social media site in a long time, and the internet now feels like a totally different place, man!

You used to be able to say whatever you wanted, no holds barred but now it seems like everybody's getting called out for everything.

I scarcely use the net anymore anyways so I may be super sporadic in terms of my appearance online lol

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-14 14:42:35

At 11/14/20 02:16 PM, agumon360 wrote: You used to be able to say whatever you wanted, no holds barred but now it seems like everybody's getting called out for everything.

The very suggestion that this is true offends me.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-14 20:35:09

At 11/14/20 02:42 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 11/14/20 02:16 PM, agumon360 wrote: You used to be able to say whatever you wanted, no holds barred but now it seems like everybody's getting called out for everything.
The very suggestion that this is true offends me.

bahaha 🍆

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-15 00:22:40

At 11/14/20 02:03 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: II'm a mom of 2 and married to @devourerjay for 8 years now. My son's inherited my angry clock face shirt and wears it to school, just waiting to see if anyone at his school starts recognizing it.

I'm dissapointed that no one has so far... bunch of crap.

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-15 08:43:31

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!
How do I participate?

oh. my. gosh.

BBS Signature

At 11/14/20 01:56 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote:
How do I participate?

Holy fucking shit, I thought you dropped off the face of the planet.

I did for a hot minute. Or decade.

Suppose I should do I legit reply since Tom noticed ...

Yes, the Among Us video is what brought me back. I have revisited the site from time to time in the past 17 years, and I still love it ... just life has a way of changing ... things.

I used to be a long time lurker, the BBS(forums) moderator, then audio and review got tacked on not much time afterwards. I was heavily active on the site in the early 2000’s. I never dropped a flash movie/game. Made any audio submissions but I did dabble in a little art. I found NG back in 99’, from my brother. It(the site) in its own way made me wary to sign up, but it did have some profound impacts in my world view and sense of twisted humor. I see dome old friends still are active, and am surprised at how much the site has evolved since then. All your base are belong to my blams. Peace. 👍👍

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-17 13:03:07

How do I post bobs here?

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-17 13:04:38

At 11/17/20 01:03 PM, BobbyJenkins wrote: How do I post bobs here?

iu_195595_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-17 15:42:17

At 11/17/20 01:03 PM, BobbyJenkins wrote: How do I post bobs here?

By giving into the unrelenting peer pressure of my cries and demands.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-17 15:47:49

I haven't been on in years.

Flash animator, well used to be. Ran a flash crew that lasted about three years.

Used to be named Esshole, then Narcissy, now this.

Hi.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

I'm so old that I don't even remember If i've been re-introduced again . .beat that

Also, if you have a problem with that my melancholy knife would be happy to penetrate your rib cage, mfucka.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-18 04:49:04

This was a great idea! It's been fun seeing how a bunch of people I recognise have been getting on.

Hi I'm Scarab, originally joined in 2003 when I was 13. I used to drink heavily and write stuff. Now I drink heavily and write stuff and occasionally teach. PROGRESS.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-18 19:31:51

Well, well. Guess I found my thread.

I am Vegeton, my account turns 18 this year, so my account will be able to legally drink up here in Canada.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-26 10:15:28

Aloha!

I ve loved this site since I was kid (8-10 years), now I am 23 and still in love. I have only two sites in my heart newgrounds and mausland (dont know whats happening with mausland probably dead meh) and Pico and Frank Adventure are my childhood heroes. Glad to came back here, still in love with u guys (no homo). iu_199980_3760906.jpg

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-11-26 10:17:41

At 11/26/20 10:15 AM, EasyRider080 wrote: Aloha!
I ve loved this site since I was kid (8-10 years), now I am 23 and still in love. I have only two sites in my heart newgrounds and mausland (dont know whats happening with mausland probably dead meh) and Pico and Frank Adventure are my childhood heroes. Glad to came back here, still in love with u guys (no homo).

iu_199982_8146500.jpg

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-02 13:00:49

guess i should make a post

heya, im recolorme, though i go around the web more often as "recme" now. i made this account almost 10 years ago when i was 10 years old and never really posted anything until now. im now 20 years old and i still never post things except maybe some audio i had laying around

im a musician, but on occasion i animate, draw, and make pixel art. i havent touched flash in years, but maybe flipnotes can be of service here, who knows

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-02 19:27:01

Hello there old friend

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-08 07:48:09

At 11/26/20 10:15 AM, EasyRider080 wrote: Aloha!
I ve loved this site since I was kid (8-10 years), now I am 23 and still in love. I have only two sites in my heart newgrounds and mausland (dont know whats happening with mausland probably dead meh) and Pico and Frank Adventure are my childhood heroes. Glad to came back here, still in love with u guys (no homo).

As I was watching Vinesauce's stream today on flash games with the game "The Legend of Zelda: The Lampshade of no real significance", I discovered the probably well-known fact that the Super Flash Bros are responsible for Snipperclips.

And I was just thinking on how many of the creators of Flash games that I used to play have become pretty big names in the gaming industry today. (some irony on making this comment on the site run by The Behemoth)

Obviously this led me to wonder about Mausland entertainment as well..

It's 2020 and a lot has happened over the last decade. 13 year old kids creating their first broken troll game in Flash in 2009 are now post-graduation.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-10 16:29:11

I've been under many names here, back when you had to ask Wade to get them changed. Lemonardo is one I remember, but I'm sure there were many others before it. I made this account and started posting when I was incredibly young, maybe too young, at 10 years old, pretending to be more grown up like everyone else, or what I thought was grown up. I remember actively seeking approval from others and - perhaps why I mentioned 'too young' - carrying a certain social complex right into my late teens. Newgrounds was my first social connection outside of my immediate dreary surroundings, what opened me up to the outside world, what's made me want to continue broadening my horizons ever since. It's played a big part in who I am today, I would think. I'm a producer, musician, songwriter, have a lovely fiancée and I currently work in the civil service. I love writing - expression and understanding are my bread and butter. I've lurked here a little bit in the last few years but I've spent enough time here recently to warrant reaching out a little, I think.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 02:48:43

At 8/15/20 08:19 AM, SantaSeven wrote: Also we can bitch about being old.
My back hurts.

Mine too. Hmm.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 08:30:46

At 12/11/20 02:48 AM, cast wrote:
At 8/15/20 08:19 AM, SantaSeven wrote: Also we can bitch about being old.
My back hurts.
Mine too. Hmm.

I'm making all the candy and cookies this weekend--- PM me your address again because that thread got deleted and I suck and didn't save it BUT I WANT TO SEND YOU COOKIES AND CANDY

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 09:33:51

I've never used this site before.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-11 20:56:10

At 12/11/20 09:33 AM, tehslaphappy wrote: I've never used this site before.

That explains why you don't know that the Webcam section isn't supposed to be live feed.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2020-12-14 18:29:32

Just recovered my account I made when I was 9 after 10 years, this is probably one of my first accounts for anything besides some Nick Jr shit. The whole Newgrounds and flash kind of culture has always been something I enjoyed as a kid and although I never really contributed much, I have never forgotten about Newgrounds thanks to listening to the Sleepycast podcast on repeat for years.

It's kind of difficult and bizzare to explain how all my autistic love for Mario, Sonic, flash animations and shitty hentai games on Newgrounds have been apart of my life, but I guess I kind of consider this whole thing as a subculture. Newgrounds and all the old flash shit gives me a cozy feeling and I look forward to lurking on here again.

Also if anyone wants to be pals thats cool, bonus points if ur a hot girl that looks like Lea Seydoux with fat tits thanks.