00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More!

8,416 Views | 10 Replies
Respond to this Topic

If you missed it, we announced Musk Jam winners on Tuesday!

Musk Jam was an animation jam where the theme was Elon Musk. We were nervous but it turned out great!

Persona 4 Art Contest Winners

We recently hosted a Persona 4 Fan Art contest and received 99 entries!

Our five favorites are getting $30 each; enough to snag a Deluxe Edition of Persona 4 Golden.

Winners 1st - 5th:

We’d also like to give an honorable mention to Pic-Kle!

Thank you everyone who participated, we loved your art! Especially @PhantomArcade, who thought this up.

Music Inspired Art Contest

@Sevi is hosting a Music Inspired Art contest with over $300 in prizes. The theme is to create a piece of art inspired by a song from the Audio Portal.

Audio Deathmatch

The Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch audition round is in progress. The prize pool is currently over $400 and open to donations for more!

Community News

@DeadToast, creator of My Friend Pedro, has exciting news to share: Derek Kolstad (writer of John Wick) and David Leitch (director of Deadpool 2, Atomic Blonde, Hobbs & Shaw) are working on a TV-adaptation of My Friend Pedro!

Starting as a web game, My Friend Pedro went on to become a hit on Steam (40% off until July 9th), Switch and PS4.

@DarqV announced new episodes of Mao Mao will be airing on Cartoon Network at 12:30pm PST all next week. You can watch the movie that started it all here:

@CellarDoorGames have announced a sequel to their hit game, Rogue Legacy. You can wishlist Rogue Legacy 2 now and play it in Early Access on July 23rd! 

In the meantime here's one of my favorites of theirs on NG:

@AtmosGames has rebuilt Coma from the ground up for an upcoming PS4 release called Neversong.

Flash Emulation Update

We’re using Ruffle, a Flash emulation project started by @Mike, to run Flash content without the Flash plugin on NG. Alien Hominid is now running flawlessly without Flash and you can see how close Dad ‘n Me is getting, with just a issues left to address.

I switched the Hunters game series over to Ruffle and would love someone to confirm a playthrough of episodes 1-5 works. It’s a cool series and features legendary voice actors like @D-Mac-Double and @Rina-chan.

You can also play Super PSTW Action RPG via Ruffle, it’s the game that inspired the review that inspired Dot Dot Dot.

For anything not supported by Ruffle, we created Newgrounds Player, which can launch and run Flash games when the browser doesn’t. The ultimate goal is to run everything in-browser with Ruffle. You can sponsor ongoing Ruffle development to help!

Most games on Newgrounds nowadays are made with a variety of tools that export to HTML5. For example Duck Waddle was made with GameMaker:

Contract Rush was made with Unity:

And Picowars was made with Pico-8:

You can add high scores and medals to your HTML5 games using our Newgrounds.io API. If you want a library for Pico-8, pm me - we have something that hasn’t gone public yet!

Next up is the Best of June and some cool video player updates.

Update: New issue of The Tank Tribute was published on the 5th!

iu_138811_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 14:31:00

Congrats to both Thomas Brush, and DeadToast!

Pedro getting picked up for a TV series with such A-list talent is incredible!!

They were both featured in recent installments of my video series "Flashlight" (fair warning to people, that is a youtube link).

Maybe it would be best to give it a week for the dust to settle, and feel out your personal reaction to it. But I would love to hear your take on Kongregate going into archival mode! I think it's worth addressing. And please DO NOT feel guilty about using that conversation as a means to push for Newgrounds support. Flash preservation is so important! And keeping online gaming alive is appears to becoming entirely Newgrounds weight to bear. So please do not hesitate to call for aid, as Newgrounds becomes truly the last bastion of Flash legacy!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 14:31:48

pretty awesome

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 14:49:37

At 7/3/20 02:31 PM, Noodle wrote: Maybe it would be best to give it a week for the dust to settle, and feel out your personal reaction to it. But I would love to hear your take on Kongregate going into archival mode! I think it's worth addressing. And please DO NOT feel guilty about using that conversation as a means to push for Newgrounds support. Flash preservation is so important! And keeping online gaming alive is appears to becoming entirely Newgrounds weight to bear. So please do not hesitate to call for aid, as Newgrounds becomes truly the last bastion of Flash legacy!

I've been hesitant to chime in on Twitter discussions because I don't want to feel like an opportunist, while at the same time I do want to remind people that NG is still going and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 15:36:33

Mao Mao was my favorite for years, happy it was serialized!

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 15:42:58

thank you for the honorable mention next time i'll do it better!

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-03 19:23:17

At 7/3/20 02:31 PM, Noodle wrote: Maybe it would be best to give it a week for the dust to settle, and feel out your personal reaction to it. But I would love to hear your take on Kongregate going into archival mode! I think it's worth addressing. And please DO NOT feel guilty about using that conversation as a means to push for Newgrounds support. Flash preservation is so important! And keeping online gaming alive is appears to becoming entirely Newgrounds weight to bear. So please do not hesitate to call for aid, as Newgrounds becomes truly the last bastion of Flash legacy!

All this and more! I think a sincere tone dispels that air of opportunism, and it's honestly a conversation people should be having, now more than ever. The torch of web games is carried in fewer hands but it's a pretty significant one that should be fostered by more people, and it goes hand in hand with a battle for the open web

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-04 00:46:01

Congrats to the winners!

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-04 09:33:49

Nice to read some good and sanguine news from Newgrounds and its members!

Happy 4th of July y'all.

Vault 101 I have (LOST) many old and deleted Flash submissions, (you can't) PM me (dammit Tom) the filename, maybe I (godhelpmeonedayIwill) got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Persona 4 Art Winners & Much More! 2020-07-05 01:01:24

Yeah, pretty cool updates, I want to see more!

At 7/3/20 02:31 PM, Noodle wrote: Congrats to both Thomas Brush, and DeadToast!
Pedro getting picked up for a TV series with such A-list talent is incredible!!
They were both featured in recent installments of my video series "Flashlight" (fair warning to people, that is a youtube link).

Maybe it would be best to give it a week for the dust to settle, and feel out your personal reaction to it. But I would love to hear your take on Kongregate going into archival mode! I think it's worth addressing. And please DO NOT feel guilty about using that conversation as a means to push for Newgrounds support. Flash preservation is so important! And keeping online gaming alive is appears to becoming entirely Newgrounds weight to bear. So please do not hesitate to call for aid, as Newgrounds becomes truly the last bastion of Flash legacy!

I never went onto other sites since I was in it for the animation but I totally agree. In the beginning I thought it was all about protecting the community, but as the day of reckoning finally comes, I'm seeing more and more that the art of these games and films and music are being loss not to time but because they don't fit into the business first model. Ultimately, this is probably what saves Newgrounds. Newgrounds let itself be the bad boy of the internet for awhile, winning loyalty from creators. Of course that doesn't cut it in being the winner of all aspects of capitalism, but that certainly has helped keep it afloat. Newgrounds may still change to become even more creator-friendly in the future, but it won't have that chance unless we support it and its long history.