00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twitchinvisor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tv Show Fanatics Club

136,617 Views | 2,175 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-06 15:09:31

At 4/6/18 02:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Those are two of the originals. If would only leave Gibbs, who is a producer, and Ducky who is not a full time regular. Without Abby they would have to introduce a new cast member to do her job, but it would not be the same.

It's so hard for shows to lose originals. The Office, That 70's Show, The X-Files, etc. All shows who only lost one regular cast member and lasted only a season without them.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-07 00:53:03

At 4/6/18 03:09 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 4/6/18 02:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Those are two of the originals. If would only leave Gibbs, who is a producer, and Ducky who is not a full time regular. Without Abby they would have to introduce a new cast member to do her job, but it would not be the same.
It's so hard for shows to lose originals. The Office, That 70's Show, The X-Files, etc. All shows who only lost one regular cast member and lasted only a season without them.

I totally agree. It would make more sense to start a new show than try to keep an older one running without the original cast.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-07 02:34:36

Speaking of losing original cast members one of my fave crime shows has always been

Criminal minds and when Derrick left it slowly lost others but it was just not the same without derrik

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-07 03:26:22

At 4/7/18 02:34 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Speaking of losing original cast members one of my fave crime shows has always been
Criminal minds and when Derrick left it slowly lost others but it was just not the same without derrik

~X~

That is a good example of a show that should of just ended after losing a cast member. Once the chemistry is ruined, it never feels the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-07 23:28:15

And since we are on topic I would say the tv show Monk is another example but in a different direction

Show is about 9 seasons long first 3 or 4 seasons monks nurse Sharona was a big part of it but she left due to contract disputes the show didn't get worse when Natalie came on to play monks assistant it got a lil better and shorona returns briefly in season 9 so in this aspect of things it did not get worse by losing a cast member

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-08 21:01:06

At 4/7/18 11:28 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Show is about 9 seasons long first 3 or 4 seasons monks nurse Sharona was a big part of it but she left due to contract disputes the show didn't get worse when Natalie came on to play monks assistant it got a lil better and shorona returns briefly in season 9 so in this aspect of things it did not get worse by losing a cast member

~X~

I have to disagree with you on this one. Whenever a show loses a major character it is a big deal. The only time it does not hurt is when the actress is just ever candy. If a bimbo with very few lines vanishes, and another one shows up than they can keep up the regular flow.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-08 21:08:18

At 4/8/18 09:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have to disagree with you on this one. Whenever a show loses a major character it is a big deal. The only time it does not hurt is when the actress is just ever candy. If a bimbo with very few lines vanishes, and another one shows up than they can keep up the regular flow.

Not to say Aunt Viv was a bimbo, but on Fresh Prince when they switched the actress for Aunt Viv it didn't really hurt the show much. Hell even on this Doc Martin show I started Lucy Punch was a main character in the first series, only to be replaced by Katherine Parkinson (Jen Barber from The IT Crowd) and I thought she was a much better supporting character.

Overall I think losing people is always detrimental whereas trading faces can be just fine or sometimes to the shows benefit.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-08 23:21:11

At 4/8/18 09:08 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 4/8/18 09:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have to disagree with you on this one. Whenever a show loses a major character it is a big deal. The only time it does not hurt is when the actress is just ever candy. If a bimbo with very few lines vanishes, and another one shows up than they can keep up the regular flow.
Not to say Aunt Viv was a bimbo, but on Fresh Prince when they switched the actress for Aunt Viv it didn't really hurt the show much. Hell even on this Doc Martin show I started Lucy Punch was a main character in the first series, only to be replaced by Katherine Parkinson (Jen Barber from The IT Crowd) and I thought she was a much better supporting character.

That is true when it is only a supporting character, but it is rough to lose a main character and continue. It can be done with finesse, but it can still be a dice toss that it will actually work out well.

Overall I think losing people is always detrimental whereas trading faces can be just fine or sometimes to the shows benefit.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-09 20:16:31

Losing a mai character can hurt a show pretty big, as for what I was sayig a side character like sherona leaving and natalie comming in it was not a loss but actually made the (MONK) story somewhat better.

I know this is not always the case though for shows such as CSI VEGAS changed lots of times but was still a popular show for its run time.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-09 22:14:48

At 4/9/18 04:21 PM, Quisty wrote: The first Aunt Viv actress was stone cold. She hated being there. There is a video out there with her going on a rant about Will Smith always wanting to party on set, when he was trying to keep everyone pumped and excited. She was a better actress and had more stories, but second Aunt Viv didn't take away from the show, because it was mostly about Will.

I agree, Janet Hubert was definitely my favorite Aunt Viv. She reminds me of Patrick Stewart on TNG, a great actor somewhat acting in something beneath them. Daphne Maxwell Reid was an alright actress, but like you said she just sat on the backburner and let Will take over. I don't think the switching of actresses really affected anything for the better or worse. Overall I think it was just the same show with a new face.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-10 22:38:41

At 4/10/18 12:38 PM, Quisty wrote: POPQUIZ! What is the longest running TV show? No one can ever answer this, because I think there is more than one show!

The Simpsons. They just keeping pumping out new episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-11 00:20:52

Yes I was gonna say Simpsons myself and maybe the flinstones but not exactly sure

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-11 03:07:04

At 4/11/18 12:20 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yes I was gonna say Simpsons myself and maybe the flinstones but not exactly sure

~X~

The Simpsons made more episodes than the Flintstones. They actually included that fact in an episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-11 13:39:06

At 4/11/18 03:07 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The Simpsons made more episodes than the Flintstones. They actually included that fact in an episode.

Yes indeed

Infact I just pulled this up top 5 of all time it's some good shows in there nice to see both ok'd and new in the mix

THE SIMPSONS (1989-present)
This American sitcom series is a satirical depiction of working-class life, epitomised by the Simpson family. Its 29th season began on October 30, 2017, making it the longest running scripted prime-time TV series to ever air. The show has got an extension till 2019
-------------------------
LASSIE (1954-72)
Running for 588 episodes, Lassie centred around a loyal canine companion who rescued her human family from various predicaments. Over the years, Lassie was portrayed by nine different male dogs, all descendants of the original Lassie. Lassie also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
GUNSMOKE (1955-75)
The show aired on CBS from September 10, 1955 to March 31, 1975. Over those two decades, the series aired a total of 635 episodes. That makes it the second longest running prime-time series in US history behind The Simpsons.
LAW & ORDER (1990-2010)
It premiered in September 1990 and completed its 20th and final season in May 2010. That makes it the longest running crime drama on American prime-time TV. Law & Order is still technically the longest-running hourlong primetime show, despite the fact that Gunsmoke aired more episodes.
DALLAS (1978-91)
For 357 episodes, the American primetime TV soap opera revolved around the wealthy Ewing family. The 1980 episode “Who Done It” remains the second highest rated prime-time telecast ever. In 2007, Dallas was included in Time magazine’s list of “100 Best TV Shows of All Time”

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-11 14:07:26

And on another note it's apparently

20 years of Netflix birthday I have used Netflix for the better part of the past 10-12 years

So happy birthday Netflix

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-11 23:40:06

At 4/11/18 01:44 PM, Quisty wrote: Yes. It is The Simpsons.

They are:
Longest-running animated American series, longest running American sitcom, and longest running scripted prime-time series (currently airing)

More stats here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-running_United_States_television_series

Glad to see that I was correct about The Simpsons. I wonder if a show will ever be able to make more episodes about earn the new record?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-12 02:56:41

At 4/12/18 12:46 AM, Quisty wrote:
At 4/11/18 11:40 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/11/18 01:44 PM, Quisty wrote: Yes. It is The Simpsons.
Glad to see that I was correct about The Simpsons. I wonder if a show will ever be able to make more episodes about earn the new record?
That may not happen. I mean...this show is almost as old as me lol. It is it's own adult haha. I think maybe family guy could get there or Criminal Minds

People said the same thing about Gunsmoke, but the Simpsons beat than by plenty of episodes. Another show should be able to do the same thing and surpass The Simpsons.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-12 07:26:52

So I started watching Nathan For You back in february and just finished re-watching the entire series. The whole thing is fantastic but the finale is on another level and incredibly unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rgzsO-AMM

^ there's a fairly random clip, no single vid can sum up what the show is like though. The comedy isn't even the best part to me, it's the bizarre little moments of earnest humanity they manage to capture.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-13 02:06:16

No tv night for me allthough it was a good and bad night for my sports teams on TV my angels are 11-3 with the magic of #17 and for my ducks sigh those stupid sharks lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-13 15:18:11

At 4/13/18 02:06 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: No tv night for me allthough it was a good and bad night for my sports teams on TV my angels are 11-3 with the magic of #17 and for my ducks sigh those stupid sharks lol

~X~

Shohei Ohtani might be one of the best players in the league currently. He's a pitching and hitting machine. Also I sometimes forget the Ducks won a cup. The star power of Perry and Getzlaf alone always has me thinking they should have won another cup by now.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-13 17:36:34

At 4/13/18 03:18 PM, Atlas wrote: Shohei Ohtani might be one of the best players in the league currently. He's a pitching and hitting machine. Also I sometimes forget the Ducks won a cup. The star power of Perry and Getzlaf alone always has me thinking they should have won another cup by now.

Yes indeed he is magical but time will tell but #17 the number has always been my fave number for a number of reasons this is just one of them now and this kid is damn good

As for the ducks well they always make the playoffs but last night's game on TV was discusting hope they do better though. A duck vs a shark the odds are against us lol

So what's on tap for tv tonight people?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-13 19:50:54

At 4/13/18 05:36 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: As for the ducks well they always make the playoffs but last night's game on TV was discusting hope they do better though. A duck vs a shark the odds are against us lol

The Sharks are a pain in the ass come playoff time, for sure.

Got my Penguins vs Flyers tonight, probably no shows tonight.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-14 12:33:19

At 4/13/18 07:50 PM, Atlas wrote:

NCIS marathon today and than Animal Fight night after. Both shows have plenty of action.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-14 13:39:57

At 4/14/18 12:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: NCIS marathon today and than Animal Fight night after. Both shows have plenty of action.

Damn I forgot about Animal Fight Night. Some of the stuff that happens on that show is crazy. I once saw an elephant charge some people, causing them to shoot one of his tusks off.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-15 00:36:59

At 4/14/18 01:39 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 4/14/18 12:33 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: NCIS marathon today and than Animal Fight night after. Both shows have plenty of action.
Damn I forgot about Animal Fight Night. Some of the stuff that happens on that show is crazy. I once saw an elephant charge some people, causing them to shoot one of his tusks off.

I know right. I saw two bulldogs scare of a bear, and I was really surprised. They also show plenty of kangaroos boxing each other.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-15 00:51:39

Nerver seen or heard of that one but sounds interesting

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-15 02:10:00

At 4/15/18 12:36 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I know right. I saw two bulldogs scare of a bear, and I was really surprised. They also show plenty of kangaroos boxing each other.

Bulldogs versus a bear sounds crazy! Kangaroos boxing is also pretty wild! Giraffe fights and just watching Cheetahs hunt are two of my personal favorites.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-15 19:17:31

At 4/15/18 02:10 AM, Atlas wrote:
At 4/15/18 12:36 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I know right. I saw two bulldogs scare of a bear, and I was really surprised. They also show plenty of kangaroos boxing each other.
Bulldogs versus a bear sounds crazy! Kangaroos boxing is also pretty wild! Giraffe fights and just watching Cheetahs hunt are two of my personal favorites.

I saw a house cat jump up in the air and catch a mocking bird. I didn't think a cat could do that. Animals can do amazing things.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-15 19:19:46

At 4/15/18 07:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:: I saw a house cat jump up in the air and catch a mocking bird. I didn't think a cat could do that. Animals can do amazing things.

This show must be really popular lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2018-04-16 00:05:16

At 4/15/18 07:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: At 4/15/18 07:17 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:: I saw a house cat jump up in the air and catch a mocking bird. I didn't think a cat could do that. Animals can do amazing things.

This show must be really popular lol

~X~

You should really check it out. I had a bear sneak into a cabin, eat all the food, and leave. The owner came home and had no idea the bear was there. He had to check his security camera.

BBS Signature