00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fallotbobbler22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tv Show Fanatics Club

136,898 Views | 2,175 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-19 20:24:05

At 10/19/05 07:31 PM, -Superman- wrote: So i havent gotten much sleep cause i've started reading again and havent watched much tv... I MISSED AN EPISODE OF LOST!!! But my friend tevoed it so i was able to see it... So like im exhausted but i have a serious decision i must make...

Tonight should i:

a) sleep
b) read
c) watch baseball cause tonights going to be an amazing game and im a huge Cards fan
d) watch LOST

C, D, and A in that order. The Cards game will be historic as it may be the last game played in Busch stadium, or it might not. The game should be over in time to watch LOST, and if you miss one episode of LOST, do I dare to find out what will happen? And then sleep my good man, sleep.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-19 20:25:48

Oh, wait, I just realized, you live on the east coast. Well, you're in a pickle here. What I would do is watch Lost, and during the comercials (since they have them every five minutes) flip back to the game. You could also do a split screen.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-19 20:31:56

I have not been much into baseball since the Angeles got knocked out, but i may check on the Cards/Astros game, i did decide that both teams are good i hope the better team wins....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-19 21:42:55

I missed the first few minutes of Lost, but after the Astros scored 3 i moved over to LOST... What a great show...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-19 22:40:19

At 10/19/05 10:37 PM, Quisty wrote: ~X~ no longer uses the awesome sig I made him. What a pitty...

Hes changed it a lot recently...

Oh, and I relized my monitor settings are way off. Whatever pictures I make are way too bright. My god I hate my PC.

Aww poor Quisty...

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 03:10:19

At 10/19/05 10:37 PM, Quisty wrote: ~X~ no longer uses the awesome sig I made him. What a pitty...

Ya this is a new one its mighty fine, unless you can make a better one this is the one im going with...

At 10/19/05 09:42 PM, -Superman- wrote: I missed the first few minutes of Lost, but after the Astros scored 3 i moved over to LOST... What a great show...

I saw a preview for that one, and i didnt realise they won an emmy, interesting i guess they have done better then i figured....

As for me im watching Drew-Carey an episode where Drew marries his male boss so he can get his job back....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 05:56:25

Cosby is cool...

I watch the cosby show in the afternoon if im awake roffl...

I also saw a king of the hill episode tonight with bobby and his wooden doll haha that was a funny episode....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 06:43:20

At 10/20/05 06:08 AM, Quisty wrote: You watch "The Cosby Show" too? That's cool. I also watch the spin off show "It's a Different World" Did you ever watch that one? One of the stars from that show is in "Dead Like Me"

Ya i remember watching that show, it was ok, it didnt last to long though, im about to watch some Simpsons dvds not sure which one yet though, there is nothing but info mercials on at this time....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 08:04:25

At 10/20/05 06:48 AM, Quisty wrote: You would have stuff to watch right now, if you had cable.

Nah cable always got boring for me....

I have tons of dvds that i watch all the time, and im always buying new movies and tv shows on dvd to keep me entertained....

Im watching the Simpsons episode of "LISA AND HER WACKY SAX" haha a classic, and before that was a tree house of horror....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 12:47:14

ok everyones favorite show is on tonight!!!!....

THE OC!!!! 8PM ON FOX!!!! yesss! haha.

(and yes, i do realize im the only one that likes it... ^_~)

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 18:22:27

At 10/20/05 12:47 PM, allyfaerie4 wrote: ok everyones favorite show is on tonight!!!!....

Acually it is hehe, ALIAS new episode tonight which i have not seen in over two weeks so ill be happy....

No its a an ok show, not my fave but not the worst either....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 18:54:18

At 10/20/05 12:47 PM, allyfaerie4 wrote: ok everyones favorite show is on tonight!!!!....

NOOOOO... the radio lied to me! its not on tonight :'( this is very sad...

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 19:43:54

At 10/20/05 06:54 PM, allyfaerie4 wrote: NOOOOO... the radio lied to me! its not on tonight :'( this is very sad...

Haha, the best thing is to just check a yahoo local tv listings they are always correct...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 19:47:06

At 10/20/05 07:43 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Haha, the best thing is to just check a yahoo local tv listings they are always correct...

Yes they are...

I'm cant wait till baseball is over and all the regular shows of fox come back on the air...

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-20 23:04:49

Tonight not a big tv night for me, I might watch a little survivor, csi, and maybe some preseason basketball. God, I hate thursdays's tv-wise.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 02:37:37

Speaking of Survivor i think this is the last one, they sure milked that one for all its worth, it was also the first of what seemed like an endless line of reality shows...

Lost and Survivor seem to have a same feel about it heh....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 06:33:44

I must say, i finally found a show on UPN that I actually like (since Buffy)... I think the show Cuts w/ Shannon Elizabeth is a pretty funny show... Then i can head over and watch ER...

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 06:37:41

At 10/21/05 06:33 AM, -Superman- wrote: I must say, i finally found a show on UPN that I actually like (since Buffy)... I think the show Cuts w/ Shannon Elizabeth is a pretty funny show... Then i can head over and watch ER...

which show are you talking about? Buffy is cool though, i use to watch re-runs of that and X-files...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 07:49:44

I pulled an article from a parents site it was an interesting read also with the best and worst of shows for families
http://www.parentstv..estandworst/main.asp

Top Ten Best and Worst Shows for family viewing on prime time broadcast television

(October 19, 2005) - Each year, the Parents Television Council rates the best and the worst shows on primetime television on the seven major broadcast networks. The PTC Best and Worst list measures series' appropriateness for family audiences from a content perspective. The seven broadcast networks included in this listing are ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, ITV, UPN and the WB. Primetime refers to 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. (ET/PT), when the largest television audience is available.

The Parents Television Council announced its choices for the Top Ten Best and Worst Shows for family viewing on prime time broadcast television for the 2005-2006 season and found that the top three worst shows for families - The War at Home, The Family Guy, and American Dad - are packaged as family shows.

"We provide this analysis as a guide for parents because it's very difficult to monitor all the shows that are appropriate for family viewing and those that are not," said L. Brent Bozell, president of the PTC. "We were alarmed to find that the three worst shows on prime time broadcast television are being marketed as family-friendly when, in fact, these shows are none other than wolves in sheep's clothing."

"Families should not be deceived. The top three worst shows all contain crude and raunchy dialogue with sex-themed jokes and foul language. Even worse is the fact that Hollywood is peddling its filth to families with cartoons like The Family Guy and American Dad. These two shows have contained scenes in which characters are shown having sex and topics such as masturbation, incest, bestiality, and necrophilia are routinely discussed.

"There are several high quality shows on this list that families can watch together and not be caught by surprise over filthy dialogue or graphic sex and violence. However, it is clear that Hollywood does not care about families as evidenced by the fact that we could only cite nine shows on prime time that were deemed safe for family viewing. That is outrageous. Network executives should be ashamed and millions of families should be offended at their actions."

This analysis is the PTC's ninth ranking of the best and worst series on broadcast television from the perspective of family audiences. The lists are ranked based on the content of the program and the appropriateness of the show for children. The criterion for this annual ranking includes not only the frequency of foul language, sexual content and violence but also the time slot, target audience, themes and plotlines of the programs.

The Top Ten Best and Worst Shows for family viewing on prime time broadcast television are:

BEST

1. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ABC/8:00 Sunday - Returning show
2. Three Wishes NBC/9:00 Friday - 1st season
3. American Idol Fox/Returning in spring '06
4. The Ghost Whisperer CBS/8:00 Friday - 1st Season
5. Everybody Hates Chris UPN/8:00 Thursday - 1st Season
6. Reba WB/9:00 Friday - Returning show
7. Bernie Mac Fox/8:00 Friday - Returning show
8. Dancing with the Stars ABC/Returning in spring ‘06
9. 7th Heaven WB/8:00 Monday - Returning show
10. Not available.

------------------------------------------
----------------
WORST

1. The War at Home Fox/8:30 Sunday - 1st Season
2. The Family Guy Fox/9:00 Sunday - Returning show
3. American Dad Fox/9:30 Sunday - Returning show
4. The O.C. Fox/8:00 Thursday - Returning show
5. C.S.I. (Crime Scene Investigation) CBS/9:00 Thursday - Returning show
6. Desperate Housewives ABC/9:00 Sunday - Returning show
7. Two and a Half Men CBS/9:00 Monday - Returning show
8. That ‘70s Show Fox/Returning in November ‘05
9. Arrested Development Fox/8:00 Monday - Returning show
10. Cold Case CBS/8:00 Sunday - Returning show

What does everyone think..........?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 12:32:39

At 10/21/05 07:49 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: WORST

~X~

the worst family viewing shows are the BEST though (family guy, the oc, csi, that 70's show...)! i have a corrupt family enviroment i guess, haha.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 16:57:34

Arrested Development isn't that bad, but everything else I can see why. All the good shows suck.

Does anyone here watch MXC?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 18:52:35

At 10/21/05 04:57 PM, boloneyman wrote: Arrested Development isn't that bad, but everything else I can see why. All the good shows suck.

I know, just the parents view on things...

Whats that show???

At 10/21/05 12:32 PM, allyfaerie4 wrote: the worst family viewing shows are the BEST though (family guy, the oc, csi, that 70's show...)! i have a corrupt family enviroment i guess, haha.

Haha i knew you would get a kick out of it hehe...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 19:00:38

At 10/21/05 07:49 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
BEST

Great, lets teach our children that pop-singers are one of the most important part of our society...that should be 10th

meh...

10. Not available.

Not bad, all understandable

----------------
WORST

I haven't seen the war at home, but I have seen Family Guy, and I think its worse. Although I haven't seen war.

Should be 10th....or 1st, whichever one is less family appropriate..

All shows on the list, are understandable, but oh well...

My list:

WORST:
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Family Guy
3. CSI
4. Reality shows on MTV
5. The other ones listed above...

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 19:02:19

Sorry for the double...

At 10/21/05 06:52 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
Whats that show???

Most eXtreme elimination Challenge, right?

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 19:08:12

At 10/21/05 07:49 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: The Top Ten Best and Worst Shows for family viewing on prime time broadcast television are:
BEST

Its a reasonable show... I think its gets really really boring after you watch it several times, but i can see why its on this list....

Never seen it, but it sounds like some really old show which gave i think 1 wish...

While it may be somewhat entertaining, lets face it, the singers who win never really "make it big"... Its becomming an overrated show in my opinion...

Never seen it but i think its the one with Jennifer Love Hewit... I dont understand why a show called "The Ghost Whisperer" could be appropriate for kids... It just seems like a scary show by its name... But once again i cant voice an honest opinion cause i've never seen it...

I think Everybody Hates Chris is a pretty funny show... I dont really think its completely appropriate though cause there are a lot of racist things said or done on the show... But it is funny...

I think Reba is one of the worst shows on tv... But i can see why its on this list...

Bernie Mac is a pretty funny show... Although i do think it can be a little inappropriate at some points... But i guess it could be a good family show...

It was decent this year but i think its going to become overrated quickly... I dont know why people would watch this when you could watch "So You Think You Can Dance"...

I think it used to be good but its really bad now... I havent watched it in years... It should be taken off the air...

10. Not available.

Thats really sad if they couldnt come up with a #10...

WORST

I think The War at Home is one of the best new shows on TV... I can definatly see why this show is on this list but i dont think it should be #1...

I'm somewhat suprised Famiy Guy isnt #1... While it is a hilarious show they do some awful things (which i think are insainly funny)...

Im suprised this isnt #2... Its a little bit better than Family Guy (mean they dont do as horrible things)... The thing they do do is they tell a not funny joke and to cover it up they say something horrible and cut to a different scene... I do think its a funny show...

I hate this show... I'm just going to leave it at that...

I'm assuming this is the original CSI... All three are very violent and graphic which is why im sure they are on the list...

This show does handle a lot of mature topics so i can see why its on this list... It is a decent show though...

I think Two and a Half Men is a great show... It is somewhat inappropriate at times but i do think its a lot more appropriate than a lot of the shows mentioned on this list... Although i may be wrong cause i dont watch it weekly (i've only seen it a few times)...

Its a show based around drugs and sex... No wonder its on this list...

I dont really see what all the hype is about... I dont think its that great a show... But i do see why its on this list...

I really dont think this is a good show at all and i dont really know why its on this list...

Thats what i thought...

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 19:36:47

At 10/21/05 06:52 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
Whats that show???

~X~

Its the dubbed Japanese game show on Spike TV, its full of japanese people getting hurt and stuff.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-21 19:49:42

Nice reply Superman, very good info and mostly true... :)

At 10/21/05 07:36 PM, boloneyman wrote: Its the dubbed Japanese game show on Spike TV, its full of japanese people getting hurt and stuff.

Aww yes i seen some of the japan shows always going to the extreme haha....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-22 08:11:01

Anyways im back i was away on some stuff, but when i got back about 3:30 there was an all night "CONAN" and man this show is funnier then i remember it to be...

They had a yankee character beating up an Angel character with refrence to the angels yankees games hehe, the Yankee character all decked out in USA stars and flag outfit with even a tophat then say in the audince, and nodded and shook his head to conan thoughout the show if he agreed or disagrred with aproval of what conan was doing, haha funny stuff indeed....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-22 10:26:02

At 10/22/05 08:11 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Anyways im back i was away on some stuff, but when i got back about 3:30 there was an all night "CONAN" and man this show is funnier then i remember it to be...

Conan is a genious... He wrote and produced some of the Simpons episodes and was a writer for SNL... He and his show are brilliant...

About MXC, last i checked (which was early August) the show had changed and people werent getting hurt and suff anymore...

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2005-10-22 14:23:53

At 10/22/05 10:26 AM, -Superman- wrote:
About MXC, last i checked (which was early August) the show had changed and people werent getting hurt and suff anymore...

Yeah, I liked the earlier episode better. Now all the events have changed and the falls don't look that painful anymore.

BBS Signature