00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

April 1st Aftermath & News

5,458 Views | 45 Replies
Respond to this Topic

On April 1st a large number of NG accounts were invaded by a strange virus but I’m happy to say we have quarantined the problem in our Postal Distancing thread and the rest of the forums are safe now.

@PsychoGoldfish was keeping a tally of who acquired toilet paper and hand sanitizer yesterday so you can go see who the hoarders and panic buyers were, as well as who became infected.

Back to reality: I hope everyone is practicing good hygiene and social distancing in the real world, as well as staying home as much as possible. What have your days been like this week? Are you managing to get the supplies you need?

It’s getting harder to schedule delivery slots with mainstream grocery services and this could be an opportunity to support local farms and other alternatives. Local Harvest is a resource for finding farms in your area that may deliver to your door. Thrive Market is like “the Costco of Whole Foods”, where you pay a $60 annual fee but can purchase high quality, sustainably sourced goods at a discount.

If you’re interested in trying a meal delivery service, where each week you receive ingredients and recipes to prepare several meals, Purple Carrot is a vegan service that has been very reliable so far and all the meals have been great. I’ll note that none of these suggestions have been paid endorsements; they just seem like good options if you have the means to try them.

Events on Newgrounds

Our Shelter in Place Art Jam wrapped up Monday and the judging phase is in progress.

Our HaxeFlixel game jam is in progress until April 27th, with a $1,300 prize pool.

The Art Inspired Music Contest runs from Friday, April 17 until Monday, June 22. The theme of this contest is to make a song inspired by a piece of art here on Newgrounds.

We’re offering double XP for all of April! That means every day you can log 20 XP by voting on at least ten entries. Your votes help to surface the best content on the site!

Voting for Best of March is also in progress so expect those winners on Tuesday.

That’s all for now! Site-wise, we’re squashing a few bugs, updating the Wiki layout and finishing an update to our Supporter payment processing options. More on that soon!

BONUS NEWS: We just unveiled a new site skin by @Sabtastic!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 09:46:46

Short post, must be tired from being literally the first one infected. lol

*xin laugh*

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 09:56:52

At 4/2/20 09:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: @PsychoGoldfish was keeping a tally of who acquired toilet paper and hand sanitizer yesterday so you can go see who the hoarders and panic buyers were, as well as who became infected.

#69 TP hoarder baby oh yeah definitely planned.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:12:11

So, do we burn @Lochie at stake or what?

iu_106625_4428769.png

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:13:43

Just wanted to point out that I bought a resonible amount of toilet paper (3 rolls), and no hand sanitizer while completely avoiding infection. On the other hand, the ones that hoarder seem to all get infected.

Let that sink in guys.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:21:35

At 4/2/20 10:12 AM, Rallyx wrote: So, do we burn @Lochie at stake or what?

That really is impressive that he managed to out-infect me.

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:32:14

At 4/2/20 10:13 AM, NotCoachFro wrote: Just wanted to point out that I bought a resonible amount of toilet paper (3 rolls), and no hand sanitizer while completely avoiding infection. On the other hand, the ones that hoarder seem to all get infected.

Let that sink in guys.

Tom bought all of the mods face masks and gloves. You cheated.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:36:09

At 4/2/20 10:32 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 4/2/20 10:13 AM, NotCoachFro wrote: Just wanted to point out that I bought a resonible amount of toilet paper (3 rolls), and no hand sanitizer while completely avoiding infection. On the other hand, the ones that hoarder seem to all get infected.

Let that sink in guys.
Tom bought all of the mods face masks and gloves. You cheated.

I mean, I just didn't interact with anyone because I dislike people. Pandemics can't kill you if you were practicing social distancing before it was cool.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:47:46

I got 4 TP rolls and 2 sanitizer bottles. Neither a hoarder NOR a person who spreads.

I'm being an upstanding essential guy

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 10:57:18

As my job is 100 % in homeoffice I seem to work quite some more. In germany delivery service for groceries became basically unavailable by mid march, so I walk 1-2 times per week to the stores. Early in the morning. I even managed to get some TP !! Not all is lost.

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 11:54:09

At 4/2/20 10:47 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: I got 4 TP rolls and 2 sanitizer bottles. Neither a hoarder NOR a person who spreads.

The trick was to just not use the BBS.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:04:55

At 4/2/20 11:54 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 4/2/20 10:47 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: I got 4 TP rolls and 2 sanitizer bottles. Neither a hoarder NOR a person who spreads.

Which I failed within an hour lol.

*xin laugh*

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:08:49

I say we stomp 'em! Then we tattoo 'em! Then we hang 'em...and then we kill 'em!

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:12:40

ah shit, I would've hoarded more if I knew people were watching!!!

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:27:39

At 4/2/20 09:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: @PsychoGoldfish was keeping a tally of who acquired toilet paper and hand sanitizer yesterday so you can go see who the hoarders and panic buyers were, as well as who became infected.

i thought i was doing a pretty good job hoarding everything but wtf @Prinzy2 how did you even manage to get 500 more sanitizers than tp lmao

Let that sink in guys.

i didn't want to waste my precious supplies. you never know when you might REALLY need 800 newgrounds brand hand sanitizers

hey

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:35:24

At 4/2/20 12:27 PM, Crink wrote:
i thought i was doing a pretty good job hoarding everything but wtf @Prinzy2 how did you even manage to get 500 more sanitizers than tp lmao

I was just buying TP after the sanitizer ran out, until the last 4 or 5 hours. Thought it would by funnier if I had over 1,500 of each.

Let that sink in guys.
i didn't want to waste my precious supplies. you never know when you might REALLY need 800 newgrounds brand hand sanitizers

Hey, reasonable is a relative term. I also bought a reasonable amount.

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:50:59

iu_106654_2278460.gif

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 12:58:22

I price gouged mine.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 13:03:34

I don't recall getting any toilet paper...

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 15:30:08

At 4/2/20 09:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’re offering double XP for all of April!

Is this- because is your birthday month, @TomFulp?

Do you like my art? Why don't you support me on KO-FI

I'm also taking commissions! Please check out my prices HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 15:44:29

At 4/2/20 03:30 PM, Mimny wrote:
At 4/2/20 09:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’re offering double XP for all of April!
Is this- because is your birthday month, @TomFulp?

Nope, it's because so many people are stuck at home this month!

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 16:22:26

Just being safe!

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 16:43:01

The april fools day event for NG was a lot of fun and im glad you guys were able to implement it.

Im still under quarantine and it seems like my part of nyc is one of the most infected parts of the state. Fortunately i havent gotten it yet.

Getting paid time off from work is pretty nice and im spending the time trying to finish a fighting game ive been working on for a good while now.

Thanks for the grocery recommendations tom!

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 16:44:01

I live yet another day!

iu_106709_7199224.png

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 16:54:01

Let that sink in guys.

I mean, we already lost the game so we made a new one... One where we'd take all the toilet paper and become King Cornholio

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 17:13:37

Well I got fucked. At least I made sure my zombie ass used akk TP and sanitizer I acquired, would've been fun to see how much I got hold of (wasn't that much, but at least I snagged some extra :3 )

Well played with the April fools once again, guises! ^_____^

Wakka wakka

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 17:14:03

iu_106722_6881671.png

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 18:28:26

If I knew these stats were getting recorded I'd have taken this way more seriously!!! Happy to at least be on that list though. Hope it stays up.

Was wondering how the pandemic could be joked about in a fun for all kind of way and I really feel like y'all nailed it. It's got stats, it's community-driven; it's a somber reminder on the importance of hygiene at the same time. Both working at making the world a maybe marginally better place and keeping us activated with this shizzle. Nicely done.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 18:28:54

Wonder if he accidentally found the stats page or something, that's some impressive dedication...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to April 1st Aftermath & News 2020-04-02 20:04:43

Hey Tom, who did you voice in the Smiling Friends pilot?

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026