00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

grebemGrim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round

19,772 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-08 23:16:00

Judging phase fact of the day:iu_45353_4268414.png

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-09 23:58:15

Judging phase fact of the day (with 2 minutes to spare!):

iu_45624_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-10 23:09:07

Judging phase fact of the day:

@Spadezer came up with the names of the groups for this competition, despite having never been a judge or admin.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 08:15:08

At 8/10/19 11:09 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Judging phase fact of the day:

@Spadezer came up with the names of the groups for this competition, despite having never been a judge or admin.

Well..........

Last year I was a judge

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 10:41:35

At 8/11/19 08:15 AM, Spadezer wrote: Well..........
Last year I was a judge

Oh my God...I forgot. You're right. XD

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 12:36:16

Judging phase fact of the day:

iu_46038_4268414.png

Oh, and speaking of judges, you guys have fewer than 12 hours left! @Bosa @Cheshyre @EndKMusic @Jacob @Midimachine @Samulis @SplatterDash

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 14:18:55

Hi everyone. So, it seems that there’s a bit of a predicament with the scores. You see, today is the date of @Samulis’s favorite annual hot air balloon festival, and since he needed to finish up some judging, he decided to score submissions from the sky. Unfortunately, it’s a bit breezy today, and we’ve lost track of his balloon. Let’s hope there’s good WiFi up there. 

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 14:57:36

Eh, should be fine as long as there aren't any scorpions in the balloon.

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 14:59:18

At 8/11/19 02:57 PM, OddaSykes wrote: Eh, should be fine as long as there aren't any scorpions in the balloon.

I dunno...scorpions can survive some pretty hot temperatures.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 15:56:25

At 8/11/19 02:18 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Hi everyone. So, it seems that there’s a bit of a predicament with the scores. You see, today is the date of @Samulis’s favorite annual hot air balloon festival, and since he needed to finish up some judging, he decided to score submissions from the sky. Unfortunately, it’s a bit breezy today, and we’ve lost track of his balloon. Let’s hope there’s good WiFi up there. 

That's a coincidence, there's a Balloon festival in my town today...

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 16:10:22

At 8/11/19 02:18 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Hi everyone. So, it seems that there’s a bit of a predicament with the scores. You see, today is the date of @Samulis’s favorite annual hot air balloon festival, and since he needed to finish up some judging, he decided to score submissions from the sky. Unfortunately, it’s a bit breezy today, and we’ve lost track of his balloon. Let’s hope there’s good WiFi up there. 

Eager to hear more. Will scores still be out today or tomorrow though?

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 17:07:48

Balloon ... climb ... stuck ... not sure how ... fly this thing. Where ... parachute?

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 17:54:31

At 8/11/19 04:10 PM, YHTFLKC wrote: Eager to hear more. Will scores still be out today or tomorrow though?

Given that you live in Washington, probably today. :)

Update on the Samulis hot air balloon situation! As it turns out, there isn’t a lot of good WiFi 700 feet in the air, so Samulis is having trouble completing his scores. We still don’t know exactly where he is, but @Jacob and @SplatterDash have had the ingenuity to launch a WiFi router into the air on a separate hot air balloon, as piloted by themselves. Not quite sure where they’re going to plug it in, but it’s not like it’d be any easier to just have Samulis land the hot air balloon…………….

BBS Signature

At 8/11/19 05:54 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/11/19 04:10 PM, YHTFLKC wrote: Eager to hear more. Will scores still be out today or tomorrow though?

Update on the Samulis hot air balloon situation! As it turns out, there isn’t a lot of good WiFi 700 feet in the air, so Samulis is having trouble completing his scores. We still don’t know exactly where he is, but @Jacob and @SplatterDash have had the ingenuity to launch a WiFi router into the air on a separate hot air balloon, as piloted by themselves. Not quite sure where they’re going to plug it in, but it’s not like it’d be any easier to just have Samulis land the hot air balloon…………….

these predicaments the judges get into are always funny

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 19:38:31

At 8/11/19 06:12 PM, DJ-Saidez wrote:
At 8/11/19 05:54 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:

Update on the Samulis hot air balloon situation! As it turns out, there isn’t a lot of good WiFi 700 feet in the air, so Samulis is having trouble completing his scores. We still don’t know exactly where he is, but Jacob and SplatterDash have had the ingenuity to launch a WiFi router into the air on a separate hot air balloon, as piloted by themselves. Not quite sure where they’re going to plug it in, but it’s not like it’d be any easier to just have Samulis land the hot air balloon…………….
these predicaments the judges get into are always funny

I mean it's funny to you guys, but from 700 feet up it's really terrifying for us! Let's just hurry this up, @Jacob , I'm really not so good with heights...

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 19:45:09

At 8/11/19 07:38 PM, SplatterDash wrote: I mean it's funny to you guys, but from 700 feet up it's really terrifying for us! Let's just hurry this up, Jacob , I'm really not so good with heights...

The trick is to just not look down. Everything is gonna be fine...

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 21:44:09

Okay! It seems that Samulis’s hot air balloon has crash-landed onto a giant water tower in the middle of nowhere. Samulis seems okay, but the fire department is a little slow to arrive to help get him down from there, as it’s a pretty remote area. So, @Bosa has decided to put his middle school rock-climbing skills to the test and scale the tower to rescue @Samulis. How heroic! Meanwhile, @midimachine is using wind resistance created by flying drones to help make sure @Jacob and @SplatterDash don’t crash into the water tower themselves. Yup. The NGUAC judging squad is a fun-loving bunch. I’ll keep you posted.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 23:11:52

Good news! The water tower where @Samulis is stuck is so old and rusty that it actually started collapsing by itself, rendering @Bosa’s rescue mission unnecessary. Samulis is a little shaken up, but was luckily able to use the remains of the hot air balloon envelope as a parachute to cushion the fall. In an ambitious show of strength, @EndKmusic used a giant grappling hook to bring @Jacob and @SplatterDash back down to earth too. Scores will be out shortly, but not before @Cheshyre angrily detonates the remains of the hot air balloons, water tower, and climbing equipment to make sure nothing like this fiasco ever happens again. Hang tight, everyone! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-08-11 23:22:50

OH LOOK! A Final Round thread. :O

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2019 Knock-Out Round 2019-09-03 03:41:52

This is Unfair