00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you Open for Commissions?

16,094 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 00:19:04

Something I would add to the design would be a Commission Opening Button with 6 frames of Animation, and a Satistfying ASMR Click Audio File playing with every Click of the Button. If you click the button too many times, you hear a very irate female voice nagging you to stop, like in an RPG.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 00:47:17

Awesome addition!

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 01:05:07

God damn Tom every second that passes you make my support for this site more and more fruitful.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 01:49:59

This seems like a strange update. It might be useful for a few people, but not everybody.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 02:24:02

Interesting, but isn't this just a glorified link. Also, I think that it should be enabled from Links or Edit Profile instead of being sort of an eyesore on the main profile page. I guess it makes it easier for people who don't know how to use NG's UI to enable commissions but it really seems like a glorified link.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 02:30:10

At 12/11/18 06:26 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: It would be better if you had the option to remove the link, since not everyone can produce content...

I agree with you. Not everybody can or wants to produce content.

At 12/11/18 11:58 PM, JosephStarr wrote: How do you get rid of the link?

That would be very useful information.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Thank you Newgrounds team for taking us, recently homeless, creators in! I'm Lexxi and I'm open for voice commissions! <3 GO NEWGROUNDS!!!

Are you Open for Commissions?

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 04:27:23

Just noticed, I thought I had unlocked a feature by just being active haha. I'll see how I can set up a commission sheet over here and make it look clean. Cheers!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 04:57:26

Oh those are great news!
I also saw some other thingies updated like the score system =D

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 05:42:12

That $9,999.99 stick figure. XD A 9 or two less though and you might actually get some requests there! You never know...

Impressed at how fast you guys are putting out features lately, and this is awesome. Bit curious about the: 'a list of commission-related blog posts' part... is there an algorithm to check for specific key words in the blogs you've posted for this? Or most recent ones? Seems I'm just getting my latest three there.

Which is still great, though pretty sure I did have a commission related entry way further back.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 05:44:27

I'm open for commissions to just insult you in any topic you wish. Various constant messages about how youre lazy and need to hurry up and get to work. 6am wake up calls. "DRAW SOME ART YOU LAZY SACK OF ROCKS"

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 05:46:59

Oooh I was wondering what was up with that haha

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 06:00:03

At 12/12/18 05:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems I'm just getting my latest three there.

Which is still great, though pretty sure I did have a commission related entry way further back.

Hm. Nothing's showing up in search.

It's basically the last (up to) 3 posts that mention commission in either the title or body of the post, or your latest 3 posts if nothing can be found.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 06:01:33

Cheers for your work, the upcoming features have me very excited for the near future.

Is anything about the profile page planned to be changed? Having medals showcased on my profile is something I'm not interested in, and it seems like there's no option to remove that showcase block. =)

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 06:58:32

At 12/11/18 07:26 PM, opspotty wrote: Hey Tom I found an interesting quirk, on the Establish Commission Status window, the little X button in the corner does nothing but clicking outside of the window works. Someone has probably beaten me to this but I thought it'd be good to let you know!

What browser / OS / version are you using? We haven't been able to recreate this one.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:01:52

At 12/11/18 11:58 PM, JosephStarr wrote: How do you get rid of the link?

Other users won't see the link on your page if you haven't enabled Commissions, HOWEVER we might add something under account settings that lets you disable it from your view as well because it's nice to see what everyone else sees.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:04:41

At 12/12/18 02:24 AM, carverh wrote: Interesting, but isn't this just a glorified link. Also, I think that it should be enabled from Links or Edit Profile instead of being sort of an eyesore on the main profile page. I guess it makes it easier for people who don't know how to use NG's UI to enable commissions but it really seems like a glorified link.

The main difference is visibility and helping us to generate a list of artists open for commission. We also intend to add tags to blog posts, which will help us give commissioners more filtering / sorting options for artists (among lots of other useful things).

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:11:15

At 12/12/18 06:00 AM, liljim wrote: Hm. Nothing's showing up in search.

It's basically the last (up to) 3 posts that mention commission in either the title or body of the post, or your latest 3 posts if nothing can be found.

Good to know! I think I basically mentioned what I do and what it costs, so probably no commission-specific wording. Would be simple enough to get any relevant post to show up by mentioning that word, though.

Maybe it'd be unfavorable since it'd allow users to show irrelevant posts, but the ability to specify a post not mentioned in the suggestions would be pretty useful too. Could be with simply a field for post ID, or some kind of auto-fill if that's possible now, so there's no need for a long list or dropdown.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:12:31

At 12/12/18 05:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: That $9,999.99 stick figure. XD A 9 or two less though and you might actually get some requests there! You never know...

Impressed at how fast you guys are putting out features lately, and this is awesome. Bit curious about the: 'a list of commission-related blog posts' part... is there an algorithm to check for specific key words in the blogs you've posted for this? Or most recent ones? Seems I'm just getting my latest three there.

We're gonna be adding tagging to blog posts, at which point the commission list will get more detailed. We'll have a suggestion guide for commission tags like art, voice, music, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:14:03

At 12/12/18 06:01 AM, uWotinFokM8 wrote: Cheers for your work, the upcoming features have me very excited for the near future.

Is anything about the profile page planned to be changed? Having medals showcased on my profile is something I'm not interested in, and it seems like there's no option to remove that showcase block. =)

That has been a long-time request that we always intend to address but still haven't. A hide toggle for every box would be handy.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:15:59

At 12/11/18 05:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At the moment we're wrapping up a big forum update but we're also knocking out small items to better support incoming artists.

Open for Commissions

I'll take 20 stick figures.

Ill put your check in the mail.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:19:58

At 12/12/18 07:11 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Maybe it'd be unfavorable since it'd allow users to show irrelevant posts, but the ability to specify a post not mentioned in the suggestions would be pretty useful too. Could be with simply a field for post ID, or some kind of auto-fill if that's possible now, so there's no need for a long list or dropdown.

We're toying with the idea of having a button to mark a news post as your commission-based post, so you'd get at it the other way around. Open to suggestions, but I'm not keen on having people enter ids that they'd have to go fishing for or anything like that, it would need to be straightforward.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:36:32

This is pretty cool!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:51:01

At 12/11/18 06:26 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: It would be better if you had the option to remove the link, since not everyone can produce content...

I second this, having a big yellow thing with the edit pencil on my page annoys me. Like I'm missing something.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:54:26

Good on you, Tom! I'm sure I've heard someone ask for this before. Looks like you're really trying to improve the experience for everyone, and without even slowing down the other updates!

But one thing that annoys me is that the pop-up you get when you level up isn't there. It was a semi-recent update. It shows your previous level icon and stuff. I haven't gotten it the last two times I levelled up.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 07:57:31

This is a nice feature! I like the idea of a list of people for hire. Maybe order that list by whoever most recently posted or uploaded new material? Might promote active users and incentivize participation in the site, since if it's successful this is a list people will want to be featured on.

BBS Signature

Nice feature, commission status are now featured from newgrounds

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 08:20:48

At 12/11/18 06:01 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/11/18 05:59 PM, Bigfoot3290 wrote: $9,999.99 for a stick figure portrait?! Sounds like a deal if I ever heard one.
I like to be ready if @SouljaBoy rolls through.

I love that he still does from time to time

death

BBS Signature

At 12/12/18 07:19 AM, liljim wrote: We're toying with the idea of having a button to mark a news post as your commission-based post, so you'd get at it the other way around. Open to suggestions, but I'm not keen on having people enter ids that they'd have to go fishing for or anything like that, it would need to be straightforward.

Ah even better! :D Maybe a little note about this alternate method along with the current selection as well, if added? The only real problem with isolated options like this seems to be they're not obvious from the start. It's easy to find the settings page, but individual ones require some exploring. Playlists for example: it's not really clear how somebody goes about creating one of those until they find the button on a submission page (been thinking it'd be neat if these could be started via the projects page or submission dropdown too, and quicker to build if you could fill in a list rather than go via individual submission pages). Either way some of these things could use a little extra introduction, but once you get used to the interface it's definitely an intuitive way.

At 12/12/18 07:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: We're gonna be adding tagging to blog posts, at which point the commission list will get more detailed. We'll have a suggestion guide for commission tags like art, voice, music, etc.

Very much looking forward to that! :D Hope there'll be a tag list/cloud or similar too so it's easy for users to filter posts by a certain type/theme/whatever authors specify. Unless newsposts (changing to 'blogs'?) categories might be a thing too?

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-12 09:30:56

User product/service store! User product/service store! User product/service store!

BBS Signature