00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Destiny2Lover2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you Open for Commissions?

15,889 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-14 18:41:54

At 12/13/18 03:20 AM, liljim wrote: All of this is really compounded by the fact that you have to go INTO one of the listings to apply your filters and then of course you're stuck with them until you go back to some place where you can change them. Again, this is something we're aware of and trying to figure out how best (and where) to include this stuff so you can dip in and out of it globally.

Could maybe have content rating preferences available via account settings as a default, and then temporary toggles via the different listings, for that particular browsing session? Maybe just a simple SFW/NSWF toggle via account settings, and more detailed ones on lists.

At 12/14/18 04:03 AM, Nez-Man wrote:
At 12/14/18 03:25 AM, Armpitcore420 wrote:
At 12/14/18 03:06 AM, Nez-Man wrote:
Well, it was obviously designed for a bit different purposes but yeah, that's pretty close, can work for now. Thanks for the tip. I only wish it had its cover or even previews of included entries displayed right in my profile.
You're welcome, glad that I could help! ;-)

Hopefully playlist integration on profile pages can be expanded upon in future, with preview thumbnails akin to DeviantArt's Gallery folders or something similar. :-3

Seems that might be on the do list too. :) Tom wrote a bit about this earlier: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1436757/15#bbspost26261282_post_text

At 12/12/18 11:48 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Being able to toggle that option could be a good idea. I'm thinking these visuals would look pretty good on mobile phone but it may be a bit bulky on desktop.

Thinking that sounds like a good idea if the alternative view does come around! Still prefer the classic Portal layout over the newer Games/Movies grids for example, and I think it's from a functional standpoint rather than just a nostalgic one. Easier overviews have their advantages. Wish you could skim through all submissions in list mode too.

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

At 12/14/18 06:41 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Seems that might be on the do list too. :) Tom wrote a bit about this earlier: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1436757/15#bbspost26261282_post_text

Oh yeah, I read that post earlier. Thank you anyway, though! ^_^

I'm looking forward to seeing how playlists will develop over time. :-)

DeviantArtPatreonRedbubbleTumblrTwitter

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-14 18:48:48

At 12/14/18 06:46 PM, Nez-Man wrote: Oh yeah, I read that post earlier. Thank you anyway, though! ^_^

I'm eager to see how playlists will develop over time. :-)

Yeah me too. :) Seems like it might be usable for pretty much anything! Hope there'll be an easier way to make a list too, not only adding things one thing at a time.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-14 18:52:04

At 12/14/18 06:48 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Yeah me too. :) Seems like it might be usable for pretty much anything! Hope there'll be an easier way to make a list too, not only adding things one thing at a time.

Seconding the desire for mass editing options. :-3

DeviantArtPatreonRedbubbleTumblrTwitter

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-15 06:05:34

At 12/14/18 06:52 PM, Nez-Man wrote: Seconding the desire for mass editing options. :-3

Ay, further bumping appreciative seconding of said feature! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-20 16:14:46

At 12/12/18 10:21 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Wait, so would this page be scrollable much like on twitter? Because that would be pretty cool!

Being able to scroll on twitter would be extra cool.

At 12/12/18 10:35 AM, Art3misJinx wrote: Does that mean you're also getting rid of the scouting system?

That would be a big step. It has been around since the early days.

At 12/12/18 11:12 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I was picturing something compact along the lines of how blogs are shown on userpages right now: A title, a preview of the contents and a "Read More..." button below.

A blog concept could be a good way to go.

p3

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-22 04:54:57

Thanks for the option!

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-28 12:19:32

Please excuse me for being late to the party, but I do have one question. Is there a way to search for artists that are open for commissions? It's been sometime since I even came back to Newgrounds, and I am on the hunt to throw some money at artists to get some art done. Though most of my favorites don't even have the commission thing turned on yet.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-28 12:25:37

At 12/28/18 12:19 PM, Octopicake wrote: Please excuse me for being late to the party, but I do have one question. Is there a way to search for artists that are open for commissions? It's been sometime since I even came back to Newgrounds, and I am on the hunt to throw some money at artists to get some art done. Though most of my favorites don't even have the commission thing turned on yet.

The commission search is upcoming. Right now liljim is overhauling tag system to break it out of the portals so tags can be used in blog posts and anything else that comes up. Also adding things like tag auto-suggest in the process.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-29 13:35:58

At 12/28/18 12:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: The commission search is upcoming. Right now liljim is overhauling tag system to break it out of the portals so tags can be used in blog posts and anything else that comes up. Also adding things like tag auto-suggest in the process.

That sounds awesome. :) Going to be interesting to see how it all works when it does.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2018-12-30 14:45:48

I'm certainly open for commissions and collaborations.

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-02 05:17:29

At 12/30/18 02:45 PM, makestuff wrote: I'm certainly open for commissions and collaborations.

Best activate the link on your profile so everyone knows it. ;) Top left corner.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-04 03:51:20

At 12/12/18 11:16 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Awesome initiative! :D

It is very cool.

At 12/12/18 11:18 AM, mae32 wrote: are you allowed to open music commissions?

You should go for it.

At 12/12/18 11:21 AM, carverh wrote:
At 12/12/18 07:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: The main difference is visibility and helping us to generate a list of artists open for commission. We also intend to add tags to blog posts, which will help us give commissioners more filtering / sorting options for artists (among lots of other useful things).
Ah, I see now.

It make sense what you figure it all out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-06 01:09:56

At 1/4/19 03:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/12/18 11:16 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Awesome initiative! :D
It is very cool.

At 12/12/18 11:18 AM, mae32 wrote: are you allowed to open music commissions?
You should go for it.

At 12/12/18 11:21 AM, carverh wrote:
At 12/12/18 07:04 AM, TomFulp wrote: The main difference is visibility and helping us to generate a list of artists open for commission. We also intend to add tags to blog posts, which will help us give commissioners more filtering / sorting options for artists (among lots of other useful things).
Ah, I see now.
It make sense what you figure it all out.

Are we allowed video commisions???

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-08 21:14:03

Hello peeps!

I tried the new feature for enabling "commissions open" status, to be prepared for this next days, but the entry I did for commission information is not listed in the possible choices I can use for it, only one entry I did for informing stuff in the beggining of the year. Seems like a bug, because the entry that appears doesn't even have the title "Commission", but the entry I just did has it, yet is not detected.

The entry that I would like to choose is this one:

https://darkshadow777.newgrounds.com/news/post/1037229

Also, I have a small request, is it possible to disable this when you are not taking commissions? I normally do this when I am on holidays, so people knows I'm not working until I return to business, if it's possible currently, how do you do it?

Thanks a bunch! Cya!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-09 04:34:58

At 1/8/19 09:14 PM, DarkShadow777 wrote: The entry that I would like to choose is this one:

For whatever reason, it doesn't look as though that entry is indexed. Which is baffling... can you try making a minor edit to it and saving and then trying again?

Also, I have a small request, is it possible to disable this when you are not taking commissions?

You should be able to close the entry when you're away and then reopen it when you get back already. :)

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-01-09 19:09:13

At 1/9/19 04:34 AM, liljim wrote:
At 1/8/19 09:14 PM, DarkShadow777 wrote: The entry that I would like to choose is this one:
For whatever reason, it doesn't look as though that entry is indexed. Which is baffling... can you try making a minor edit to it and saving and then trying again?

Also, I have a small request, is it possible to disable this when you are not taking commissions?
You should be able to close the entry when you're away and then reopen it when you get back already. :)

Ahhhh YES! That did the trick, thank you!!

And yeah, checked that you are able to close the commissions... My bad XD

Thank you so much!!! <3

BBS Signature

Response to Are you Open for Commissions? 2019-05-26 19:31:13

At 12/11/18 05:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds has been getting an influx of new artists this month! Please read this welcome post if you are new here.

I also recommend reading the Newgrounds History to better understand the site.

At the moment we're wrapping up a big forum update but we're also knocking out small items to better support incoming artists.

Open for Commissions

If you visit your user page you will notice a new "Open for Commissions?" link under your icon and short description.

Clicking this link will present you with a list of commission-related blog posts you've made, so that you can link one as your official commission sheet.

When enabled, visitors to your page will see an "Open for Commissions!" link.

There are lots of little things that could be done in this space but we're trying to not to over-think it at the moment. Let us know if you run into problems / confusion / bugs with how the new system works.

We'll soon generate a list anyone can browse to see who is open for commission.

Other pending updates will help in this space, too. For example right now you can't make a blog post via mobile (sorry, old text editor) but that will be fixed in the near future.

When we migrate Art publishing into the Project System, we'll introduce co-authoring and the ability for both commissioner and artist to share credit on a piece.

We'll also likely add an "Open for Collaboration" link if you have an entry in the Collabinator.

Still planning out things like multi-image art entries, full art pieces in feeds, tag suggestions and multi-tag search, all high priorities.

I'm still a bit confused about what a commission is