00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Minit Art Contest Winners!

18,453 Views | 34 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Earlier this month we hosted a Minit Art Contest, to celebrate the launch of Minit on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam!

Jan Willem Nijman and Kitty Calis from the Minit team have checked out your entries and selected their ten favorites to receive Minit Steam keys! These entries are in no particular order:

Jan added, “Must say all the entries were amazing, thanks to everybody who entered!”

I’ll echo Jan’s sentiment; thank you everyone who participated! We had so many fun entries and it was cool to see Minit inspire some games, too:

If you’re looking to get involved in another art event, Pico Day is May 5th and you can enter the art category by simply making fan art of your favorite thing on NG! It doesn’t have to just be classic characters, you can fan out on stuff like Captain Tardigrade and Sublo & Tangy Mustard, too. We have categories for animation, games, art and music, each with some prize money. Note: We could do even bigger prizes down the road with more supporters!

This was a big week on NG! We launched a user page / layout update and witnessed the release of several epic collabs:

On top of all that, Ludum Dare 41 was last weekend! Go play, review and vote on some games!

Thank you again to everyone who participates in these events; you make NG and the web a fun place to be.

Minit Art Contest Winners!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 09:36:59

All the entries were wonderful! And congrats to all the other winners!
Looking forward for other art related contests!!

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 10:29:57

Congrats to all the winners! Hopefully they enjoy playing Minit.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 11:17:57

This contest was great, there were lots of awesome entries and ideas. Minit is a pretty bomb game.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 12:10:46

Well thats a bit disappointing, but oh well. The entries that won are great, there's no denying that.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 12:19:53

This is some great stuff, congrats to the winners!

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 16:09:00

This was a fun contest; great submissions! I'm looking forward to Pico Day.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 16:26:10

At 4/25/18 04:09 PM, SuperJeffoMan wrote: This was a fun contest; great submissions! I'm looking forward to Pico Day.

Everybody had a nice time and we saw many great entries. Pico Day is always the best.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 16:35:28

Congrats to all winners and those participating this fan art contest.
I have nothing to say but I have to say but thank the artists of
Newgrounds for these awesome (even unscouted) Minit entries
seen in the light of days. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 18:46:09

Congrats to the winners! I entered but didn't place, if anyone would like to see what I did, I included a link!

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 18:48:43

At 4/25/18 04:35 PM, ScepterDPinoy wrote: Congrats to all winners and those participating this fan art contest.
I have nothing to say but I have to say but thank the artists of
Newgrounds for these awesome (even unscouted) Minit entries

All of this art will come back to us in some amazing animations. You can believe it.

At 4/25/18 06:46 PM, ZekeWatson wrote: Congrats to the winners! I entered but didn't place, if anyone would like to see what I did, I included a link!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/zekewatson/take-a-minit

Better luck next time. Thanks for the link of your work.

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 20:27:14

Definitely some great artwork here!

Congrats to all the winners!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 21:24:25

At 4/25/18 08:41 AM, TomFulp wrote: Earlier this month we hosted a Minit Art Contest, to celebrate the launch of Minit on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam!

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/scepterdpinoy/retro-minit

I am in love with this one.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-25 21:55:22

At 4/25/18 09:24 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 4/25/18 08:41 AM, TomFulp wrote: Earlier this month we hosted a Minit Art Contest, to celebrate the launch of Minit on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam!

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/scepterdpinoy/retro-minit
I am in love with this one.

It was great. Next time it will be even better.

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 01:53:30

Congrats to the winners.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 02:23:55

Congrats to the winners, hope Minit is good!
As for me, I think I will content myself with that one drawing I put out very quickly that didn't place, I think I'm used to it by now.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 03:08:15

Congrats to all the winners here on this contest

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 03:41:05

At 4/26/18 02:23 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Congrats to the winners, hope Minit is good!

It was a great contest.

As for me, I think I will content myself with that one drawing I put out very quickly that didn't place, I think I'm used to it by now.

If you keep practicing you will do much better next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 05:04:00

At 4/26/18 03:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/26/18 02:23 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Congrats to the winners, hope Minit is good!
It was a great contest.

Naw, even with all that practice I think I'm going to start getting used to being left stone dead last.
You think I haven't been practising? I've been painstakingly trying to illustrate, and make my illustrations better, and have one big project at the moment -- illustrating and remodelling my entire website, something which I know I'll dedicate a lot of time and effort into perfecting.

And let me assure you, even with that and with other future things coming along, it won't ever be good enough. The best thing for me is to just pretend that I'm not good enough for any contest and just let go.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 06:59:09

Awesome stuff all. Congrats to the winners! Awesome collabs too. Awesome everything overall lately.

Did hold some naive hope I might make it onto that winners list tho...

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 11:15:31

Wow such wonderful entrys, congrats to everybody.

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 15:57:31

Tom, how many kegs should i bring to the office on pico day.
Answer ASAP

also first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 18:37:36

At 4/26/18 05:04 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 4/26/18 03:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Naw, even with all that practice I think I'm going to start getting used to being left stone dead last.

You will not always be last. That is just silly.

You think I haven't been practising? I've been painstakingly trying to illustrate, and make my illustrations better, and have one big project at the moment -- illustrating and remodelling my entire website, something which I know I'll dedicate a lot of time and effort into perfecting.

Practice takes a long time. You have to do it everyday over and over again, but in the long run it is worth it. I have been practicing for years and it is finally starting to pay off.

And let me assure you, even with that and with other future things coming along, it won't ever be good enough. The best thing for me is to just pretend that I'm not good enough for any contest and just let go.

You should try to power of being positive. Tomorrow, will be a New Day.

BBS Signature

Seriously, so many outstandingly awesome Minit artworks, it's crazy!! And Minit deserves it. The game really touched me. It's by far the most atmospheric game I've played in years!

I almost forgot to say: CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!! :D

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 19:25:14

Congrats to the winners! Really bummed Jagondudo's isn't a real product >:(

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-26 20:00:07

At 4/26/18 03:57 PM, Luis wrote: Tom, how many kegs should i bring to the office on pico day.
Answer ASAP

also first post

Bring as many as you can.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-27 13:28:20

At 4/26/18 06:44 PM, Wiesi wrote: Seriously, so many outstandingly awesome Minit artworks, it's crazy!! And Minit deserves it. The game really touched me. It's by far the most atmospheric game I've played in years!

All of the artwork was amazing, and looking forward to this being an annual thing. To see more great work again and again yearly.

I almost forgot to say: CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!! :D

You can not forget that, it is the most important thing.

BBS Signature

Drat well at least I tried. I'll just have to try even harder next time.

Giving Toons Life! Faceme! Tweetme! Linkme! Instime! Deviantme! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-29 00:23:59

At 4/27/18 06:02 PM, Rovertarthead wrote: Drat well at least I tried. I'll just have to try even harder next time.

Giving it a try is way better than not. You will get more practice over time, and do much better next time. Just never stop trying ti improve.

BBS Signature

Response to Minit Art Contest Winners! 2018-04-29 02:35:51

At 4/29/18 12:23 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/27/18 06:02 PM, Rovertarthead wrote: Drat well at least I tried. I'll just have to try even harder next time.
Giving it a try is way better than not. You will get more practice over time, and do much better next time. Just never stop trying ti improve.

True got it thanks!

Giving Toons Life! Faceme! Tweetme! Linkme! Instime! Deviantme! ;D

BBS Signature