00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArmoredRed just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS

21,680 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 16:41:17

At 3/20/17 12:22 PM, lisatoole85 wrote: Hi all,

I've submitted my picture and added the tag but can't see it when i search the tag. Is that normal? this is my first time entering and using newgrounds. I used the tag b-cotmloth.

Thanks

Lisa

My doesn't show up either but as long as COTMLOTH is in the tags and some where in the description you should be good.

At 3/20/17 04:41 PM, TopazAzul wrote:

I've submitted my picture and added the tag but can't see it when i search the tag. Is that normal? this is my first time entering and using newgrounds. I used the tag b-cotmloth.

Thanks

Lisa
My doesn't show up either but as long as COTMLOTH is in the tags and some where in the description you should be good.

If you are unscouted you won't see your artwork in the art portal. Yours should be here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/browse/artists/unscouted/search/cotmloth

At 3/20/17 05:28 PM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote:

Thanks

Lisa
If you are unscouted you won't see your artwork in the art portal. Yours should be here:

Jazza, said it doesn't matter Scouted or Unscouted with correct tags and links etc. He'll find the entry. Thankyou for the link for Open category.

You have type B-COTHLOTH in the Search atop right corner for beginner category

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 22:35:25

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 2

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 3

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 22:37:48

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 4

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 22:38:54

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 5

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 22:40:35

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 1. Very light quick drawing for idea.

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 6 Everything coming together.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 23:00:56

My Mid-Development COTM sketch 7

Color added just one more for the home stretch.

Been awhile since I did a major drawing.
The whole idea of mine is meant to be"Visual Art" hung on a wall looked at from a few feet back.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-20 23:46:39

WIP, not sure how I feel about this and how to encorporate it into a bigger design. Running out of time ha any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 01:41:35

At 3/20/17 11:46 PM, Okb wrote: WIP, not sure how I feel about this and how to encorporate it into a bigger design. Running out of time ha any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I really like the design. I don't know if it would work, or if you would have time to do it, but you could use it as a poster on a wall kind of like in the Leaky Cauldron in Prisoner of Azkaban. But, if that would take too long, you could make it look kind of weathered so it looks more like the wanted posters in Harry Potter. Hope any of that helps :)

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 07:01:27

At 3/20/17 05:28 PM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote:

Thanks

Lisa

Thanks everyone for the replies and the link, it makes sense now :-)

and i was thinking i might stand a chance as i couldn't see any entries ha ha some very talented people out there!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 07:07:33

At 3/21/17 01:41 AM, PeculiarDoodles wrote:
I really like the design. I don't know if it would work, or if you would have time to do it, but you could use it as a poster on a wall kind of like in the Leaky Cauldron in Prisoner of Azkaban. But, if that would take too long, you could make it look kind of weathered so it looks more like the wanted posters in Harry Potter. Hope any of that helps :)

Yeah! I like the idea of putting it in somewhere like leaky cauldron, I'm going to give it a go. Thankyou so much ! Also I tried adding the weathered look

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 10:04:52

Heres the progress to my enrty :) I hope its good enough for the open category

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez12DJqmvTA

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 11:27:17

i was thinking of combining alastor moody and legolas.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 11:31:20

my finished sketch

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 15:41:56

I don´t know whether it is okay to ask the question here, but what timezone is considered as the cut off point for the 26th?

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 16:22:47

My Entry for the March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS COTHLOTH

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-21 16:46:47

At 3/21/17 03:41 PM, tatianavictors wrote: I don´t know whether it is okay to ask the question here, but what timezone is considered as the cut off point for the 26th?

Should submit a week or few days before, to be safe. Jazza, lives in Melbourne Aus. which is a day ahead of people in the States.

Honestly, I don't know I asked Jazza on his youtube & got No response. Do it early would help

At 3/21/17 03:41 PM, tatianavictors wrote: I don´t know whether it is okay to ask the question here, but what timezone is considered as the cut off point for the 26th?

When the last hour has passed on the last time-zone. But if you want to be 100% sure just post it before 23:59 in your time zone.

I have done this several times and no problem here. You can also check the date you submitted your art on the left side after submitting.

Don't rush things, the deadline is March 25th 23:59. spend all the time on your illustration until you feel you can't improve it anymore. Do something else for an hour and then look again. I noticed I always spot some things I can improve afterwards.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 00:51:43

Sketch/Concept for my entry :)

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 00:52:54

Finalizing my entry :)

Grr, I hate colouring! So difficult. I think I prefer my non-coloured inks (but I feel it is probably necessary to add some colour for a COTM no matter how bad it turns out :( ).
Still yet to add EmeraldPhoenix's suggestion, but having got the majority of the colouring done (for now), does anyone have any suggestions? Is it maybe a little too dark? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 12:19:04

this is my WIP

At 3/22/17 09:23 AM, B-astion wrote: Grr, I hate colouring! So difficult. I think I prefer my non-coloured inks (but I feel it is probably necessary to add some colour for a COTM no matter how bad it turns out :( ).
Still yet to add EmeraldPhoenix's suggestion, but having got the majority of the colouring done (for now), does anyone have any suggestions? Is it maybe a little too dark? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I've added a rough idea for the background fight but not sure if it is prominent enough (can you even see it on the upload?)
EDIT: Just enlarged the fight a tiny bit, still very difficult to see in this low res version I think...

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 12:46:06

Here's another update, it's been awhile, but I have been very busy with work and school. I'll do my very best to get it done in time. I still have to refine the background and finish off the people, but it's getting there. I hope it turns out good...

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 14:36:59

At 3/22/17 12:46 PM, RADTECHARTIST wrote: Here's another update, it's been awhile, but I have been very busy with work and school. I'll do my very best to get it done in time. I still have to refine the background and finish off the people, but it's getting there. I hope it turns out good...

Very nice! I especially love the texturing in the hair. (Ron doesn't look too pleased :P )

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 15:00:10

Thank you! I thought it would be funny to make Ron jealous, because Pippen is singing to his girl. I still have to finish all the people up and get started on re working the background. I'm enjoying this project very much.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-22 15:09:18

Wow MeganRhoden, this looks amazing so far. I am looking forwards to seeing your final result
Thank you! I am really enjoying this one a lot. Trying out new techniques and brushes. I really appreciate your kind words. :)

You're most welcome