00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GalaxyOfVal just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS

21,695 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 13:26:28

At 3/12/17 01:11 PM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote: I had way to many ideas for this, since last time I participated was such a close call I decided to just take one and not think about all the other options. I'd appeciate it if anyone lets me know what you like or dislike about the this so far.

I also need some fun idea's for objects to put on the table.

- just had a thought that it would be neat to see a house elf fighting a goblin on the table xD
or two little dragons.
It already looks like Voldemort is trying to affect the outcome of the match and dumbledore is disappointed lol.
Great work so far though!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 15:03:28

At 3/7/17 06:21 PM, Caspertinne wrote: I'm so super nervous! I've never entered a contest before!

In all honestly, I'm not familiar with LOTR, but Harry Potter is something I absolutely -adore-! So I hope this sketch shows my attempt at Smaug the dragon, who still needs a lot of work lmao. I'm not sure if I should add Ron and Hermione or if I should just have Harry vs Smaug. Thanks for looking!

Maybe you could have harry looking out from under the invisibility cloak that would be epic :-) good start.

Pet Walk
#B-COTMLOTH

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 17:22:03

Have made a start on the shading. Not overly happy with how Gimli is looking but i will come back to him at another time with fresh eyes and see what i can do. Other than that I'm happy with how its turning out.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 17:41:49

At 3/12/17 05:22 PM, J-R-Cousins wrote: Have made a start on the shading. Not overly happy with how Gimli is looking but i will come back to him at another time with fresh eyes and see what i can do. Other than that I'm happy with how its turning out.

wow its very good! good luck!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 17:49:03

At 3/12/17 05:41 PM, mariomanRULES wrote:
At 3/12/17 05:22 PM, J-R-Cousins wrote: Have made a start on the shading. Not overly happy with how Gimli is looking but i will come back to him at another time with fresh eyes and see what i can do. Other than that I'm happy with how its turning out.
wow its very good! good luck!

Thank you! :)

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 18:43:53

My rough idea of what I want to do. I'm not the best at doing rough drawings, my final pieces always come out better. I'm having fun with this project and I hope to finish it before the deadline, I'm busy with work and school. My idea for this entry is to have everyone at Hogwarts having fun and doing different activities, I have Pippin singing to Hermione while she and the others are on the couch. Ron sits next to her jealous, I have Harry sitting at the end with a chocolate frog on his head while Frodo tries to reach for it. In the bottom corner, I going to have Sam and Merry eating every flavor jelly beans, Sam gets sick from a bad flavor while Merry is smiling getting a good flavor. To the upper left, I'm going to make a hobbit character of Jazza and have a spell blow up in his face as a result of mishandling the wand. I will upload my progress as I go, any other ideas are welcome.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 18:53:53

wow RADTECHARTIST It is very good!are joining open or beginner? you a good chance in both!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-12 19:28:07

At 3/12/17 06:53 PM, mariomanRULES wrote: wow RADTECHARTIST It is very good!are joining open or beginner? you a good chance in both!

Why thank you! I will do the open category, I have been drawing for years, but I don't spend much time as I should drawing because of work. I work in a hospital and it gets so busy and when I get home I'm to tired to do much. I've never been really good at rough drawings, it's funny when ever I do I finished piece I always look at my rough and think " I got this from that???" Anyway I hope to have a great finish drawing for you guys and I'm happy to be apart of it with you all!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 01:08:51

heres my sketch

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 02:28:34

Welp heres the wip for mine :D Battle of two evils

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 07:53:09

For some strange reason... I feel a strong urge to par-take in this... I wonder why

BBS Signature

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 09:10:29

Last sketch is done) Ready to refine and line)

...one more idiot with graphic tablet...

BBS Signature

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 09:12:31

Hey guys! I have an entry I am working on, not finished yet, but I wanted to do research into asking, as a first timer on this site, how do I post my image here? in this forum post, or where? Sorry, but please assist a newcomer to newgrounds. XD

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 09:53:30

At 3/13/17 09:12 AM, ThreadstoTwelve wrote: Hey guys! I have an entry I am working on, not finished yet, but I wanted to do research into asking, as a first timer on this site, how do I post my image here? in this forum post, or where? Sorry, but please assist a newcomer to newgrounds. XD

To post in this section click on [Respond to this topic] on top of the page.
Write your questions or remarks in the message box.
Click on upload and select the file contaning your illustration.
Click post.
Voila

If you want to add an illustration to your account.
Click on [Upload your creations!] at the top of the page next to the search bar.
Click Art
Fill in the empty spaces
upload your illustration
post.
Voila

If you are not scouted yet your illustration wont be shown in the art portal. Just use the correct tags for Jazza to find it.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 09:57:07

At 3/12/17 01:26 PM, snoboxstudio wrote:
At 3/12/17 01:11 PM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote: I had way to many ideas for this, since last time I participated was such a close call I decided to just take one and not think about all the other options. I'd appeciate it if anyone lets me know what you like or dislike about the this so far.

I also need some fun idea's for objects to put on the table.
- just had a thought that it would be neat to see a house elf fighting a goblin on the table xD
or two little dragons.
It already looks like Voldemort is trying to affect the outcome of the match and dumbledore is disappointed lol.
Great work so far though!

I do like the idea of the house elf, but to make it into a cock fight is not my style. Maybe I place one in the roof support. or with an owl or both! Good idea's thanks!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 09:58:41

At 3/12/17 03:03 PM, MidnightBlack63 wrote:
At 3/7/17 06:21 PM, Caspertinne wrote: I'm so super nervous! I've never entered a contest before!

In all honestly, I'm not familiar with LOTR, but Harry Potter is something I absolutely -adore-! So I hope this sketch shows my attempt at Smaug the dragon, who still needs a lot of work lmao. I'm not sure if I should add Ron and Hermione or if I should just have Harry vs Smaug. Thanks for looking!
Maybe you could have harry looking out from under the invisibility cloak that would be epic :-) good start.

I love that idea! I was looking for something to add behind gandalf and that would be perfect! If I can do it time-wise I definitely put it in. thanks!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 10:03:26

At 3/13/17 09:53 AM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote:
At 3/13/17 09:12 AM, ThreadstoTwelve wrote: Hey guys! I have an entry I am working on, not finished yet, but I wanted to do research into asking, as a first timer on this site, how do I post my image here? in this forum post, or where? Sorry, but please assist a newcomer to newgrounds. XD
Click post.
Voila

Click on [Upload your creations!] at the top of the page next to the search bar.
Click Art
Fill in the empty spaces
upload your illustration
post.
Voila

If you are not scouted yet your illustration wont be shown in the art portal. Just use the correct tags for Jazza to find it.

Thank you for your response, I am getting an option that forces me to crop the image so that you can't see the top or the bottom as I have intended for the picture. How can I upload the full picture, or is there a limit? If so I hope I can post the full image somewhere for the contest. :/

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 11:13:23

Cotmloth finished piece.. still trying to figure out how to link the work in progress photos lol

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 11:54:28

Sooo.... I'm drunk and start spaming here)

...one more idiot with graphic tablet...

BBS Signature

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 12:43:18

At 3/13/17 10:03 AM, ThreadstoTwelve wrote:
At 3/13/17 09:53 AM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote:
Click post.
Voila

Click Art
Fill in the empty spaces
upload your illustration
post.
Voila

Thank you for your response, I am getting an option that forces me to crop the image so that you can't see the top or the bottom as I have intended for the picture. How can I upload the full picture, or is there a limit? If so I hope I can post the full image somewhere for the contest. :/

Don't worry, you are not cutting the image. It's just the thumbnail. Just select an interesting area then continue, when people click the thumbnail they will see the entire image.

There is indeed a limit to how much you can upload. But if you get the option to crop your image, then it's fine.
When the file is to large you either need to make it a jpg. file or use the crop tool in photoshop and make the illustration smaller.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 12:46:24

At 3/13/17 11:54 AM, dapao13 wrote: Sooo.... I'm drunk and start spaming here)

Whadiditell-ya he can't hold his liquor *clunck*

Hagrids head seems abit flat, try mirroring the image to fix the blindness you get when looking at a illustration to long.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 16:42:49

Haven't done an online competition yet and when I heard of the theme for this one I jumped all over it. This is probably the most ambitious piece I've ever tried to do, I hope to finish it in time. still outlining and planning to add more uruk-hai in the background, on the ground "sleeping" and adding maybe one more main characters from harry potter. shading it will take forever lol.

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 17:29:29

At 3/13/17 09:58 AM, EmeraldPhoenix wrote:
At 3/12/17 03:03 PM, MidnightBlack63 wrote:

I love that idea! I was looking for something to add behind gandalf and that would be perfect! If I can do it time-wise I definitely put it in. thanks!

Your welcome :-) my mum also suggested that you don't even have to draw Harry or one of the characters from LOTR u could just put an arrow to say that's where they are wearing the invisibility cloak or the one ring, this would be cool if u wanted to add more humour to the piece :-) I can't wait to see if final piece...

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-13 20:33:04

At 3/11/17 08:33 AM, rezahales wrote: Hi guys,

I am joining the open category. Here is my first sketch. Hope you like it! :)

This is amazing!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-14 01:41:42

Looking to enter this contest, but I fear it might violate rules. Does anyone know if this, based on two photos, is considered 'stolen material'? Thanks

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-14 03:11:11

This is an idea for my entry. First ever time entering

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-14 03:11:25

Apologies for the terrible quality >< but this is my WIP. I've never entered a contest before and my skills are certainly lacking but, considering this is a mashup of my two favourite worlds I had to have a go! This is Thranduil and Severus, the latter showing off his potions to The King. I'm thinking of naming it Arrogance & Mistrust. Everyone's is looking so good! I can't wait to see the showcase!

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-14 08:01:44

So I've done a little more work. I'd say I'm 15% of the way there

Response to March COTM: LORD of the HOGWARTS 2017-03-14 08:29:52

My WIP so far, its going to have harry and Frodo at the end