00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iblok just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

57,024 Views | 637 Replies

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-14 11:11:42

At 4/7/17 09:51 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I want to start a petition to change Canada Day to Zap Rowsdower Day.

;;;
On this date next year ...many Canadians won't care what you call it.
Concern for many will be on where can we get some munchies
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-legal-marijuana-pot-1.4041902

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-15 18:24:07

At 4/14/17 11:11 AM, morefngdbs wrote: On this date next year ...many Canadians won't care what you call it.
Concern for many will be on where can we get some munchies
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-legal-marijuana-pot-1.4041902

Supposedly Ohio may be legalizing soon. So they really CAN be round on the ends and HI in the middle!

With states like Colorado and Washington legalizing though, I wonder how stuff like drug testing in the banned states down here would work. Like, is testing positive OK if it happened while you were in a state that permitted it? That sort of thing needs to be ironed out.

Yeah, yeah, no politics in the lounge, but there is a bipartisan bill to reclassify marijuana to a Schedule III instead of a Schedule I drug, which could really make things interesting. I suppose I could make a thread, but I'm not big on drugs so I don't know enough to have a decent opinion.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-15 18:37:52

At 4/15/17 06:24 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: With states like Colorado and Washington legalizing though, I wonder how stuff like drug testing in the banned states down here would work. Like, is testing positive OK if it happened while you were in a state that permitted it? That sort of thing needs to be ironed out.

Drug laws criminalize possession of drugs, not being under the influence. There is the older doctrine of "possession by consumption". Under this, having the drug in your system counts as possession. However, this doctrine has either faded away or been decriminalized.

Think of it like gun control. While it may be illegal to carry a gun accross for buy state to ban state, it isn't illegal to shoot yourself in buy state and carry that wound into ban state.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-15 19:15:47

At 4/15/17 06:24 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Supposedly Ohio may be legalizing soon. So they really CAN be round on the ends and HI in the middle!

I have my doubts, but then again, considering that a good chunk of the Buckeye football team (and the students for that matter) gets busted for pot every season, you know that the state legislature is thinking hard about it. That just might be the most amount of brainpower that came out of Ohio State in decades if they really do legalize weed.

With states like Colorado and Washington legalizing though, I wonder how stuff like drug testing in the banned states down here would work. Like, is testing positive OK if it happened while you were in a state that permitted it? That sort of thing needs to be ironed out.

I would think it depends on the job, though I would also imagine that they would give companies some leeway. I wouldn't mind if an street artist/musician was on pot, but I would imagine that a surgeon or lawyer be clean as a whistle.

IDK about everyone else, but a lot of the pro-weed crowds use the "my body, my choice" argument, which sounds good on paper, but I honestly find that rather weak. Using that logic, I should be able to sniff paint, ram my head into the wall and watch Allen Gregory without cringing because consequences.

I hope I didn't get too political here. Cannabis is hard subject to discuss considering that it often falls into politics more often than not.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 00:33:59

Happy Easter, folks.

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 12:13:35

At 4/16/17 12:33 AM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Happy Easter, folks.

;;;;
And a very nice easter to you & yours.

Up here they are changing the laws, where like drunk driving, you have to give a breath sample, and soon also a mouth swab to check for THC. this is presently a volunteer basis by people when police request it.
I refused when asked recently, told the cop I was on too many drugs ...but would happily blow a breathilizer unit to prove I wasn't drinking.
He didn't like my reply, even when i clarified they were all 'prescription drugs' ~;)

My moto is 'fuck with them whenever you can' (because they make it their job to do it to the publicIMO ) & my heart medications do not effect a persons ability to drive & in my case I would be a bigger danger driving if I quit taking them.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 16:00:56 (edited 2017-04-16 16:01:59)

At 4/16/17 07:27 AM, SumQuodEris wrote: Wow, activity levels across the forum really are dropping steadily. Just now the only person online in the General forum was a moderator (Jonas). I'm almost certain I've never seen General empty in over ten years but that might actually happen soon.

Holidays always drop the board off a bit but....yeah, it's no secret with social media BBS's are starting to feel a bit old hat and I suppose it's only people like us that have communities we like (like this one) that will hang around. Hope I'm wrong and it's just my natural pessimism kicking up, but we'll see. I don't think I'd honestly mind more of the boards becoming more of a tighter knit community like this one has tended to be. That seems to me to be better for having a discussion that doesn't degenerate into "fuck you! No fuck you! NO FUCK YOU!". Hard to "mother fuck" people you know you're going to keep running across and be able to enjoy yourself after awhile.

Edit: Want to also wish a happy easter to all of you guys who celebrate it. If you don't, just hope your having good Sunday.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 17:23:21

At 4/16/17 04:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
Holidays always drop the board off a bit but....yeah, it's no secret with social media BBS's are starting to feel a bit old hat and I suppose it's only people like us that have communities we like (like this one) that will hang around. Hope I'm wrong and it's just my natural pessimism kicking up, but we'll see. I don't think I'd honestly mind more of the boards becoming more of a tighter knit community like this one has tended to be.

It's pretty much like that across most boards I regular... which is only one other board (ocremix.org). Yeah, with other platforms like Facebook and Twitter kicking off, boards like this really have a drop in users over the years. Unlike on here, their politics board is 100% dead, so... Yeah, at least there's some activity on here, politics-wise.

There IS still a solid community on there (for music and gaming), but as far as politics goes it pretty much died. The BBS activity is slowing down pretty much all around, for sure - it's not just here.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 17:44:46

At 4/16/17 04:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I don't think I'd honestly mind more of the boards becoming more of a tighter knit community like this one has tended to be. That seems to me to be better for having a discussion that doesn't degenerate into "fuck you! No fuck you! NO FUCK YOU!". Hard to "mother fuck" people you know you're going to keep running across and be able to enjoy yourself after awhile.

Same. I think discussions would be a lot better and I'd spend more time here in that case.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-16 19:50:55

At 4/16/17 04:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Holidays always drop the board off a bit but....yeah, it's no secret with social media BBS's are starting to feel a bit old hat and I suppose it's only people like us that have communities we like (like this one) that will hang around. Hope I'm wrong and it's just my natural pessimism kicking up, but we'll see.

When you consider that Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat main purpose is to meet up with friends and family compared to Newgrounds, which is primarily entertainment based, it's no surprise why most BBS forums like ours tend to go dark. Of course, they always tend to pick up during certain events, (i.e. Elections, Olympics or something extraordinary happens) but they tend to cool back down after a while.

I don't think I'd honestly mind more of the boards becoming more of a tighter knit community like this one has tended to be. That seems to me to be better for having a discussion that doesn't degenerate into "fuck you! No fuck you! NO FUCK YOU!". Hard to "mother fuck" people you know you're going to keep running across and be able to enjoy yourself after awhile.

If there is one thing I do not miss, it's those kind of pissing contests where you simply just insult them for it's own sake. Probably because the good majority of NG users (or at least on the forums) are adults who know better, and at least try to have a rational debate of subjects, something that would rarely happen 15 or even 10 years ago. Of course, there is always going to be trolls who do what they do, so there's that I suppose.

If nothing else, the forums here and a few others like this (though I don't really go to those ones anymore) lets me comment on a lot of things without either sounding like they're pretending to listen or is way over my head. A sweet spot of conversation if you will.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-18 09:38:41

oh my god I just found out that my town is FINALLY going to get single sort recycling. FUCKING FINALLY, I never recycled due to the fact it was time consuming and the sanitation workers were picky assholes about it. now I can just dump garbage in garbage and recyclables in recyclables! not like I already low flowed my place and put in LEDs.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-18 10:58:38

At 4/18/17 09:38 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: oh my god I just found out that my town is FINALLY going to get single sort recycling. FUCKING FINALLY, I never recycled due to the fact it was time consuming and the sanitation workers were picky assholes about it. now I can just dump garbage in garbage and recyclables in recyclables! not like I already low flowed my place and put in LEDs.

I moved to a town that offers curbside trash and recycling. When I went in to set up trash and water service they told me I was actually outside the town proper and outside their service area by just 1 street. So I called the trash company they used and asked about trash and recycling. They said they don't do recycling for my street even though they would probably use the same truck. They also were going to charge twice aa much for the service.

I figured whatever I'll just go to the dump myself. I grew up in a town without curbside trash pickup and that's what we did. Turns out there aren't any dumps for residential trash. They all charge by the ton minimum 2 tons. So I called around and got a pickup service but none of them offered recycling. It's too bad since I drink way too much soda.

I'm also working on making my house all LED. I'm glad prices are finally coming down. CFLs never seem to last as long as they claim to and they have to be recycled due to the mercury and whatnot.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-18 12:00:08

At 4/18/17 10:58 AM, Malachy wrote: I moved to a town that offers curbside trash and recycling. When I went in to set up trash and water service they told me I was actually outside the town proper and outside their service area by just 1 street. So I called the trash company they used and asked about trash and recycling. They said they don't do recycling for my street even though they would probably use the same truck. They also were going to charge twice aa much for the service.

I live right in town so i'm good also you should probably bring that up to your City Council, hell our outer boonies get it because people complained, to be disqualified you have to be 2 miles out of city limits

I'm also working on making my house all LED. I'm glad prices are finally coming down. CFLs never seem to last as long as they claim to and they have to be recycled due to the mercury and whatnot.

mmm they are I recommend a light and battery store or a place like Home Depot, Lowes or Target for the LEDs if you want the opinion of someone who switched over and helped my family my parents house used 1K-1200 KwH I for $150 worth of LEDS I managed to bring that down to the mid 500s after I unplugged unessecary shit due to phantom loads. if you are replacing 60W equivalent CFLs I recommend going with 40W or 60W LEDS depending on how much light you need 40W will be lower and 60W will be lighter but you'll be using less energy. I recommend Philips Brand LEDs they're cheap energy efficient and Energy Star Certified. the link I just gave is a 4-pack for $7!
and the Low -flow fixtures I managed to cut the utility bill down $60 and its been 3 months already. if you like here are some Amazon links these are low-flow fixtures that you can adjust the GPM Rate (Gallons Per Minute) for 0.5 GPM , 1.0 GPM and 1.5 GPM the best part you can adjust when you need to for different things and they pay themselves off in the first month!
Niagara Conservation N2615CH Tri-Max 3 Flow Rate High Efficiency Showerhead
Niagara Conservation Water Saving Toilet Tank Bank
Niagara Conservation N3610CH Tri-Max 3 Flow Rate Dual Thread Needle Spray Water-Saving Aerator, Standard, Chrome

these are great for newly weds that get a house usually I give three aerators, two shower heads, three toilet tanks and a 12 pack of LEDS. I've gotten a few thanks from people that told me they've cut their utility bill by a third.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-18 13:28:07 (edited 2017-04-18 13:29:20)

At 4/18/17 12:00 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/18/17 10:58 AM, Malachy wrote:
I live right in town so i'm good also you should probably bring that up to your City Council, hell our outer boonies get it because people complained, to be disqualified you have to be 2 miles out of city limits

Oh I don't mind so much. The utility district I'm in has cheaper water (and I usually pay slightly above the $25 minimum charge and everything is low flow. My toilets have the 2 stage flush thing too)

Also if I try to fight to be in the city limits they'll probably start wanting permits for all the sheds and chicken coops I've added. Or demanding I mow my lawn. Being in the unincorporated part of the county has some perks

mmm they are I recommend a light and battery store or a place like Home Depot, Lowes or Target for the LEDs if you want the opinion of someone who switched over and helped my family my parents house used 1K-1200 KwH I for $150 worth of LEDS I managed to bring that down to the mid 500s after I unplugged unessecary shit due to phantom loads. if you are replacing 60W equivalent CFLs I recommend going with 40W or 60W LEDS depending on how much light you need 40W will be lower and 60W will be lighter but you'll be using less energy. I recommend Philips Brand LEDs they're cheap energy efficient and Energy Star Certified. the link I just gave is a 4-pack for $7!

That's a great price! I'll keep it on hand. I'm slowly replacing the 20 odd indoor flood lights I have in ceiling recessed lighting. I've also gotten a couple of remote plugs that connect to my wifi garage door opener. Mostly it's for convenience but also cuts power to zombie items like tvs and dvd players.

these are great for newly weds that get a house usually I give three aerators, two shower heads, three toilet tanks and a 12 pack of LEDS. I've gotten a few thanks from people that told me they've cut their utility bill by a third.

More people need to give functional gifts for those events! I would have really appreciated the lights, shower heads and aerators even for apartments. Almost no utilities are included these days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-18 13:49:56

At 4/18/17 01:28 PM, Malachy wrote: Oh I don't mind so much. The utility district I'm in has cheaper water (and I usually pay slightly above the $25 minimum charge and everything is low flow. My toilets have the 2 stage flush thing too)
Also if I try to fight to be in the city limits they'll probably start wanting permits for all the sheds and chicken coops I've added. Or demanding I mow my lawn. Being in the unincorporated part of the county has some perks

oh nice I would totally make a shed for home brewing and if you got enough land make a mini makeshift shooting range.

That's a great price! I'll keep it on hand. I'm slowly replacing the 20 odd indoor flood lights I have in ceiling recessed lighting. I've also gotten a couple of remote plugs that connect to my wifi garage door opener. Mostly it's for convenience but also cuts power to zombie items like tvs and dvd players.

oh nice. I know they have flood light LEDs at Home Depot. rule of thumb for me I use 60W LED inside if the light socket allows it (there are those chandiliers that take those clear ball sized 40W) and 100W LED equivalent outside for obvious security and lighting reasons.

More people need to give functional gifts for those events! I would have really appreciated the lights, shower heads and aerators even for apartments. Almost no utilities are included these days.

I did it for my parents house because their power bill was over $300 monthly I managed to spend $200 and cut it down to $240/m. I also did it for my little sister when she moved out of the folks house with her boyfriend. the only problem with low flow fixtures is to make sure your water pressure isn't to high so it blows the thing out, but that usually never happens but when you install them the water pressure coming out is great.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 09:43:30

At 4/18/17 01:28 PM, Malachy wrote: Oh I don't mind so much. The utility district I'm in has cheaper water (and I usually pay slightly above the $25 minimum charge and everything is low flow. My toilets have the 2 stage flush thing too)

The city (60 kms away) came by last year told me with the new water treatment upgrades ,my water bill would be increasing ...I told her thanks for the info, but I won't pay any bill .
She was somewhat shocked & said , that my water would be shut down.
I told her, that would be difficult, but go ahead & try to do it ( I have a well & have never been hooked up to the new service) so far so good , my well is still pumping water everytime I turn a faucet or flush a toilet ~;)

living in the county, no charge for small coops if they are moveable , you can have something like 50 or maybe its 100 birds before a permit is needed & I don't think its a permit, I believe its a mandatory inspection or something along that line.

mmm they are I recommend a light and battery store or a place like Home Depot, Lowes or Target for the LED

My LED conversion is ongoing.
bedroom ceiling fixture was 79.99, a bigger on in the den & 2 in the kitchen were over 100 dollars each.
the 4 ft double fixtures in my basement & shop were 89.00 for double 139.99 for quads . Have changed out 20 bulbs & spent close to 1500.00 so far, have 2 of my 3 outside lights installed as LED's now .
My power bill has gone down . I like that the light ( I chose all daylight fixtures & bulbs) is definitely brighter.
Home Depot & Kent are 2 of the usual places I buy my stuff, although I got some decent marked down LED bulbs from Costco.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 11:06:23

At 4/19/17 09:43 AM, morefngdbs wrote: She was somewhat shocked & said , that my water would be shut down.
I told her, that would be difficult, but go ahead & try to do it ( I have a well & have never been hooked up to the new service) so far so good , my well is still pumping water everytime I turn a faucet or flush a toilet ~;)

Lol they probably told her to stop at every house on your road before looking at the pipe layout.

living in the county, no charge for small coops if they are moveable , you can have something like 50 or maybe its 100 birds before a permit is needed & I don't think its a permit, I believe its a mandatory inspection or something along that line.

Yeah I'm not going to come close to any agricultural limits. I asked about an ag exception for property taxes and they made it sound like unless you've got 20+ acres full of cattle you probably won't qualify. Makes sense, if every person in Texass who had 5 acres and a handful of chickens qualified for the exception then the towns wouldn't have any revenue.

Home Depot & Kent are 2 of the usual places I buy my stuff, although I got some decent marked down LED bulbs from Costco.

When I had my garage and carport rewired I got a couple of plug in LED ceiling lights to replace some very old 4 bulb florescent ballasts. But I did go with regular old florescent inside the garage because I heard LEDs can mess with the door remotes. I haven't had an issue yet so I might start replacing the bulbs with the led florescent bulbs that fit in normal ballasts. If I only do one fixture at a time I can judge if the door opener is getting interference.

At this point the only major way to reduce my power bill is to replace my HVAC and that's a little too pricey for my. At least I had all the ductwork for the downstairs replaced after an armadillo wreaked havoc under the house. Pretty sure there were already some holes before that.

In spring and fall my bill drops to $75 for a 2000sq ft 4bed house. In winter the largest has been $190.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 12:53:43

At 4/19/17 11:06 AM, Malachy wrote:

my town is trying to get chickens allowed right now I mean whats the harm if some people want 4 or 5 chickens for personal use for egg production and eventual eating?

When I had my garage and carport rewired I got a couple of plug in LED ceiling lights to replace some very old 4 bulb florescent ballasts. But I did go with regular old florescent inside the garage because I heard LEDs can mess with the door remotes. I haven't had an issue yet so I might start replacing the bulbs with the led florescent bulbs that fit in normal ballasts. If I only do one fixture at a time I can judge if the door opener is getting interference.

they fixed that with LEDs smart LEDs. Home depot has LED ballasts I think its compatible to T8, I'm going to do that with my grandparents large apartment they moved into after they sold the house they still have to pay utilities, so I low flowed their stuff and going to LED it.

At this point the only major way to reduce my power bill is to replace my HVAC and that's a little too pricey for my. At least I had all the ductwork for the downstairs replaced after an armadillo wreaked havoc under the house. Pretty sure there were already some holes before that.

you can get cheap through the window air conditioners that are Energy Star certified or a wall unless your using a central heating system Sears are having a great clearance sale of everything.

In spring and fall my bill drops to $75 for a 2000sq ft 4bed house. In winter the largest has been $190.

I could drop that to less.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 18:38:37

So, it looks like I may be getting my second root canal in as many months. The tooth next to the one that has the crown has been sensitive and will now also hurt for no reason, so I have to go to the endodontist on Monday. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run out my dental insurance if I haven't already.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 18:40:50

At 4/19/17 12:53 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: my town is trying to get chickens allowed right now I mean whats the harm if some people want 4 or 5 chickens for personal use for egg production and eventual eating?

A lot of the boroughs around here (mine included) allow about 5-6 chickens. Roosters are still banned for obvious reasons. But the weird thing is, it's not consistent which borough allows which or where the lines fall, so one guy may be legal to have them and his neighbor might get cited.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 19:05:10

At 4/19/17 06:40 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: A lot of the boroughs around here (mine included) allow about 5-6 chickens. Roosters are still banned for obvious reasons. But the weird thing is, it's not consistent which borough allows which or where the lines fall, so one guy may be legal to have them and his neighbor might get cited.

the two towns in the metro area west of us allow it, but we can't over the river and all of the small surrounding towns out in the fields can.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 20:46:08

At 4/19/17 06:40 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: A lot of the boroughs around here (mine included) allow about 5-6 chickens. Roosters are still banned for obvious reasons. But the weird thing is, it's not consistent which borough allows which or where the lines fall, so one guy may be legal to have them and his neighbor might get cited.

Ugh if these mail order chicks I got wind up being roosters I'm opening a KFC. My neighbor has a rooster that starts spazzing at 3am some days.

Last year I got about 10 guinea fowl. The females have a pretty loud call. None of them survived that long. They kept refusing to return to the coop at night and slowly got picked off in the night. I think the plan is have chickens that are good about that then introduce guineas

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 21:10:48

At 4/19/17 08:46 PM, Malachy wrote: Ugh if these mail order chicks I got....

Did anybody else get this far and fear Mal was starting to order women through the mail? Or was that just me?

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 21:31:39 (edited 2017-04-19 21:31:57)

At 4/19/17 09:10 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
Did anybody else get this far and fear Mal was starting to order women through the mail? Or was that just me?

no but I had something VERY SIMILAR.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-19 21:35:31

At 4/19/17 09:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/19/17 09:10 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
no but I had something VERY SIMILAR.

one of them nearly died yesterday - it got its foot stuck in the feeder bucket. It jumped out when I picked the bucket up and tried to get 'em loose

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-20 08:23:52

those must be the only chicks in your life if you're babying them that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

I regret nothing.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-20 17:52:32

God, I hate chickens. They stink as hell, and the roosters are tiny velociraptors, ready to tear your face off, while crowing too damn early in the morning. I don't miss them, and I can see why towns and cities have an ordinance on them.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-20 18:23:02

At 4/20/17 08:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: those must be the only chicks in your life if you're babying them that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

I regret nothing.

Lol!

I'm not even taking care of them really. It's all the spousal unit's grand plan to get animals that eat bugs in the yard to keep her horses comfortable. She doesn't even eat eggs. I swear she chose the breed of chickens based on what they'll look like (Sumatra and Yokohama). They'll be free range for the most part and we'll put them in coops at night. I'm not sure how well it'll go considering all the guineas that got eaten last year. Also there's a breeding pair of redtail hawks in the back acres so they might snack on them too

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-22 10:15:14

wtf I go away for a few years and you guys are making your own birds now

Dead.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-04-23 15:00:44

At 4/22/17 10:15 AM, Elfer wrote: wtf I go away for a few years and you guys are making your own birds now

Yes we are, all getting into the grow your own food/free range movement ~;)

Mal, I had someone on a game I play tell me that the free range eggs I mentioned one day I buy is a marketing scam. I told them, I am pretty damn sure around here its not a scam, seeing as I have to be careful not to run over the hens when I pull in the driveway to get eggs from my neighbour. I am about as sure as I can be that they are free range
LOL