00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

56,915 Views | 637 Replies

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-18 10:04:51

At 11/15/16 06:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 11/15/16 10:52 AM, morefngdbs wrote: I have enjoyed John Cleese's humour for many years.
Today I seen this & had to laugh & now try sharing it with you.
Please look at it as something that is humorous & not a serious or political statement by him
http://cogink.com/cleese/
I understand that it was comedy, but I did not find it funny. Maybe it would of been better in a live routine?

;;
It is a piece that was funny, many Canadians & British people would have been hurt by rib splitting laughter if John did that as a stand up bit.
Americans , of which Newgrounds has a majority, Is the reason why I mentioned it was comedy.
But as to your past election & looking back at both Candidates ... is proof , stand up wouldn't work for this piece . As an example I offer as proof . Any of your 'Presidential or Candidate debates" you guys often don't get the joke when they are all right there on stage together & yer all watching it, very few of you get the joke !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-18 16:55:24

At 11/18/16 10:04 AM, morefngdbs wrote: It is a piece that was funny, many Canadians & British people would have been hurt by rib splitting laughter if John did that as a stand up bit.

Most jokes are better in a live performance. Timing is a major part of comedy.

Americans , of which Newgrounds has a majority, Is the reason why I mentioned it was comedy.

Not all comedy is funny to everybody.

But as to your past election & looking back at both Candidates ... is proof , stand up wouldn't work for this piece . As an example I offer as proof . Any of your 'Presidential or Candidate debates" you guys often don't get the joke when they are all right there on stage together & yer all watching it, very few of you get the joke !

Maybe its similar to Benny Hill comedy? Never found it slightly funny at all.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-21 16:45:53

At 11/18/16 04:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Maybe its similar to Benny Hill comedy? Never found it slightly funny at all.

;;;
Yeh, me either ...never found him funny his stuff belongs right in the dumpster, right there beside the 3 stooges. Even as a kid I couldn't watch those guy's never could finish a movie with them in it. They'd all start randomly hitting each other & I'd be out of the room bored outta my mind.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-23 23:16:55

I generally love what I do, but damn, there are days when I absolutely hate it. Hate it to the point of regretting what I spent the last few years of my life doing.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-24 12:54:47

At 11/23/16 11:16 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I generally love what I do, but damn, there are days when I absolutely hate it. Hate it to the point of regretting what I spent the last few years of my life doing.

I understand what you mean. I was doing my thing, and an ignorant and bias visitor really tried to ruin my day. You have to ignore small minded and unqualified people that try to ruin your professional work. Can I ask, what do you do? Which days make you hate it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-25 23:40:11

At 11/24/16 12:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I understand what you mean. I was doing my thing, and an ignorant and bias visitor really tried to ruin my day. You have to ignore small minded and unqualified people that try to ruin your professional work. Can I ask, what do you do? Which days make you hate it?

I work as an attorney in Juvenile (child welfare and juvenile criminal) law, and occasionally I step out and do other types (divorce and adult criminal). I love the job as I get to spend time and meet lots of fun and interesting kids, and good adults as well. I get to hang out and help the kids feel better (though how much effect I have is vastly overstated) and I get to help many adults through some very tough times in their lives.

What I hate is when a case just goes sideways and the client (almost always an adult) is either angry or extremely needy. These days it's difficult for me to tell not just if I have done good, but if I have done anything at all. These people make me dread going to work, and occasionally the case will stick with me (either because I can't get it out of my head, or the client is constantly contacting me). Makes me wish I had stayed in my bland, yet entirely stress free shipping job making $2/hr over minimum wage.

Being an attorney is damn stressful. In the midst of this stress it's extremely hard for me to see myself doing this job for a long time. It even makes it difficult for me to do other semi-stressful things in my life.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-27 22:07:50

At 11/25/16 11:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/24/16 12:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I understand what you mean. I was doing my thing, and an ignorant and bias visitor really tried to ruin my day. You have to ignore small minded and unqualified people that try to ruin your professional work. Can I ask, what do you do? Which days make you hate it?
I work as an attorney in Juvenile (child welfare and juvenile criminal) law, and occasionally I step out and do other types. I love the job as I get to spend time and meet lots of fun and interesting kids, and good adults as well. I get to hang out and help the kids feel better and I get to help many adults through some very tough times in their lives.

It sounds like you get to do a lot of good in your job. Actually, making the world a better place.

What I hate is when a case just goes sideways and the client (almost always an adult) is either angry or extremely needy. These days it's difficult for me to tell not just if I have done good, but if I have done anything at all. These people make me dread going to work, and occasionally the case will stick with me . Makes me wish I had stayed in my bland, yet entirely stress free shipping job making $2/hr over minimum wage.

Every job has things that are a pain in the ass, or just a hassle. However, you should stick with in, and not go back to a bland shipping job.

Being an attorney is damn stressful. In the midst of this stress it's extremely hard for me to see myself doing this job for a long time. It even makes it difficult for me to do other semi-stressful things in my life.

Do you enjoy watching attorney shows like Law and Order? Do you hate them, and point out all the fake or inaccurate parts? If you put enough time in, you could advance to becoming a judge? Correct?

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-30 17:39:46

am I banned ?

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-30 17:41:04

At 11/30/16 05:39 PM, morefngdbs wrote: am I banned ?

I guess not , but twice i tried posting & it wouldn't happen.
Just took me to a new grounds page with a big smiley face head saying redirecting .

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-11-30 18:36:48

At 11/30/16 05:41 PM, morefngdbs wrote: I guess not , but twice i tried posting & it wouldn't happen.
Just took me to a new grounds page with a big smiley face head saying redirecting .

Maybe a hiccup? If you were banned, you'd get angry face and the reason would come up. I don't think we've ever had to ban you actually.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-12 18:19:14

At 12/12/16 02:24 PM, sjwgenocide wrote: i am legitimately curious, do you guys think that the new "From The Forums..." thing has been detrimental to the politics forum? it seems like there is an influx of people who wouldn't normally post here posting here (myself included, because i keep finding myself accidentally on this forum) and i was wondering if those of you that post itt are fans of that or not.

I don't think it's inherently detrimental. I think more people giving a crap about what happens in the world around them is good....but we're also getting people who are clearly trolls, igeologues, and general assholes that don't really want to have a discussion as much as they just want to scream their agenda, post memes, and be generally nasty.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-13 15:41:27

At 12/12/16 06:19 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: but we're also getting people who are clearly trolls, igeologues, and general assholes that don't really want to have a discussion as much as they just want to scream their agenda, post memes, and be generally nasty.

;;;
I can't believe more people are coming here wanting to take my job....That's what i've been doing here for years !

Those damn Ba`tards .

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-15 21:20:15

At 12/12/16 06:19 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I don't think it's inherently detrimental. I think more people giving a crap about what happens in the world around them is good....but we're also getting people who are clearly trolls, igeologues, and general assholes that don't really want to have a discussion as much as they just want to scream their agenda, post memes, and be generally nasty.

When you have an open forum, your going to have the dredges come up and derail a lot of debates, and try as we might, the more persistent ones won't stop on just one thread.

That aside, watching basketball on TNT, and it just feels so weird without Craig Sager and those crazy suits on the sidelines. IDK if anybody here follows the NBA here, but he will certainly be missed.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-16 11:34:52

At 12/15/16 09:20 PM, orangebomb wrote: That aside, watching basketball on TNT, and it just feels so weird without Craig Sager and those crazy suits on the sidelines. IDK if anybody here follows the NBA here, but he will certainly be missed.

;;;
I can honestly say the amount of basketball in minutes, I have watched, could be counted using my thumbs. and
i wouldn't run out of thumbs to count on !

I would be curious today to see how well a basketball would work out in a schoolyard court. Its minus 30 degrees today & I'm sure that would effect its performance

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-16 12:15:29

At 12/16/16 11:34 AM, morefngdbs wrote: I would be curious today to see how well a basketball would work out in a schoolyard court. Its minus 30 degrees today & I'm sure that would effect its performance

I recall playing basketball outdoors in such weather during highschool and while I can't remember the performance of the ball I know my hands would sting real bad after only a few minutes even with gloves. At those temperatures you can get frostbite in only minutes on exposed skin. We used to get week-long stretches of -20. Even then we still went outside at recess. Even when I taught skiing and snowboarding we used to have a rule not to go out at below 0°F but they changed it so we went out anyway but go in every run to warm up. I always got the half Eskimo kids who never got cold.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-18 12:45:17

At 12/16/16 12:15 PM, Malachy wrote: I always got the half Eskimo kids who never got cold.

I seen a documentary years ago where they took heat sensitive camera's to the Arctic. Got some of the Docu, crew to volunteer along with local Innu people. They went outside in sub zero conditions with wind blowing, wearing T shirts & then brought them inside an unheated space & filmed there bodies & you could see that the Innu peoples blood returned to their hands & finger at a much faster rate than the crew from further south.

Doctors believe they have adapted/developed physiological changes to protect them from cold & allow them to warm up their extremities faster .

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-27 10:50:02

I thought I'd say a belated Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to you all.

Been away with family, so never even logged on over xmas. ...its nice to be home .
And this should put the Lounge back on the front page

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-27 11:10:30

you know I did for christmas? I went to the the local butcher shop so I could make a roast for Christmas Eve I got a 6.5LB beef roast boneless. I seasoned it with seasoning salt, cracked pepper and onion powder browned it on the grill and threw it in the roaster with two boxes of beef stock and and bottle of beer, put in two potatoes and an onion on top. and let it cook for 7 hours.

four people ate the whole fucking thing. no leftovers that was the best roast I've ever cooked too!

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-27 12:11:53 (edited 2016-12-27 12:12:38)

At 12/27/16 11:10 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: you know I did for christmas? I went to the the local butcher shop so I could make a roast for Christmas Eve I got a 6.5LB beef roast boneless. I
four people ate the whole fucking thing. no leftovers that was the best roast I've ever cooked too!

;;;
Sounds liike a couple more potato's were needed &
have you ever made some 'smash ?
that would have been awesome with it

(smash- is 4 parsnips 4 carrots ,around the same size & a small turnip...I think Americans call it a rutabaga.)
cut them into small pieces , boil until soft, add a little butter , mash the hell outta them with a potato masher & voila ...smash ~;)

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-27 19:04:10

Hi all.

Well, it's been a pretty sad day for me over here. We lost Carrie Fisher which is a case of not just my own personal loss as this is an icon for both my child hood, and my adult hood gone....but the impact it is having on friends and others.

Also I have suffered what I feel is a bad loss at work as one of my subordinates I had high high hopes for has knocked himself out of a job it looks like. He was a call out today, and between that and his other call offs, and his lates....he's out by the attendance policy. He has some advantages though, being a veteran (young one at that), and perhaps we can go to bat for him with a weak overall management....I dunno. It's a tough road. I'm mulling.

I'm glad to read so many people had such a good holiday here. We may disagree, but in the end, if you're here, I think you and I have a relationship beyond those disagreements and I like to think it's more of a "friendly disagreement" vs. any sort of "die you fucking bastard" type disagreement.

Getting a little maudlin before I expected to get maudlin on Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned for that I guess lol.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-28 00:02:39

At 12/27/16 07:04 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Hi all.

Well, it's been a pretty sad day for me over here. We lost Carrie Fisher which is a case of not just my own personal loss as this is an icon for both my child hood, and my adult hood gone....but the impact it is having on friends and others.

Also I have suffered what I feel is a bad loss at work as one of my subordinates I had high high hopes for has knocked himself out of a job it looks like. He was a call out today, and between that and his other call offs, and his lates....he's out by the attendance policy. He has some advantages though, being a veteran (young one at that), and perhaps we can go to bat for him with a weak overall management....I dunno. It's a tough road. I'm mulling.

I'm glad to read so many people had such a good holiday here. We may disagree, but in the end, if you're here, I think you and I have a relationship beyond those disagreements and I like to think it's more of a "friendly disagreement" vs. any sort of "die you fucking bastard" type disagreement.

Getting a little maudlin before I expected to get maudlin on Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned for that I guess lol.

I've had 2 subordinates let go in as many years from the attendance policy a new hire young kid (actually came from Walmart) and a youngish guy who had been with the company for 5 years. Those are always tough because although a lot of it is their own fault at least a fre times were beyond their control and the system only allows for so many absences or tardies in total.

The other guys I've had let go were more dumb actions that I was glad to see them go: stealing liquor from the hotel, I found one guy sleeping in the middle of a Christmas eve shift and his idiot buddy with a bad attitude lied to try covering for him and one guy who stole an electric leaf blower from engineering that happened to belong to the director of Operations

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-28 11:42:31

so guys I'm upgrading the home network with a new router with some fancy CAT 7 networking cables so if I'm not responding my network is offline or I've raged quit life due to trying to configure the fucking thing.

I should have paid much more attention in my Cisco class.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-28 11:48:51

At 12/28/16 11:42 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so guys I'm upgrading the home network with a new router with some fancy CAT 7 networking cables so if I'm not responding my network is offline or I've raged quit life due to trying to configure the fucking thing.

Good luck! I had a wifi router get fried by a lightning storm and I couldnt figure out why the new one wouldn't work. Turns out I had to call my ISP to have them allow it on their system. It's a WISP and my router plugs directly into the cat7 coming from a dish on a pole on my roof. I get 25mbps Internet sent via radio signal from a tower 5 miles away.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-28 20:03:02

I finally got it done 3 hours of fucking with it and 2 hours of tech support on the phone I got my router u and going. managed to fine tune it so both 5GHz bands work on the same band enabled Dynamic QOS put them on the best channel with the least interference did the same to the 2.4GHz. Everything is now smooth and fast I even found out I'm getting extra speed from my service provider! on the 2.4 i'm getting 45Mbps down and 14Mbps up and on the 5GHz I'm getting 130Mbps down and 14Mbps up

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-29 12:29:31

At 12/28/16 11:48 AM, Malachy wrote:
Good luck! I had a wifi router get fried by a lightning storm and I couldnt figure out why the new one wouldn't work. Turns out I had to call my ISP to have them allow it on their system.

Lightning, took out my surge protector, my computer & a bunch of my other electronics just over a year ago.
Fried everything...that's when I learned many surge protectors aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell.

So now I have supposedly the right get ....now if lightning will only hit in the same place or close to it again & I will find out ~;p

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2016-12-29 15:51:54

At 12/29/16 12:29 PM, morefngdbs wrote: So now I have supposedly the right get ....now if lightning will only hit in the same place or close to it again & I will find out ~;p

Yeah power strips != surge protection.

The odd thing for me was the router was on a surge protector but I think the lightning hit the pole for my internet receiver on the roof and it fried my router through the cat5 cable. It still turned on and the lights came on but no Internet connection got made and it wasnt broadcasting any signal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-01-02 18:23:11

god this router is fucking with me I changed one setting and it took 10 minutes of configuring for it to re-accept my laptops DNS.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-01-03 14:17:46

At 1/3/17 01:33 PM, RightTime wrote: Can you tell me what kind of router it is so I can make sure not to buy it Tony?

NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router (R8000) and its one of the better consumer routers, though its for more intermediate to advance users.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-01-03 19:21:28

At 1/3/17 02:17 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/3/17 01:33 PM, RightTime wrote: Can you tell me what kind of router it is so I can make sure not to buy it Tony?
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router (R8000) and its one of the better consumer routers, though its for more intermediate to advance users.

I've had pretty good luck with the tplink router I got after the edimax one I had was fried

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-C7-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00BUSDVBQ

And wireless ac support for under $100 isnt too bad. I'm hardly a power user though

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2017-01-03 21:27:24

At 1/3/17 07:21 PM, Malachy wrote: I've had pretty good luck with the tplink router I got after the edimax one I had was fried

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-C7-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00BUSDVBQ

And wireless ac support for under $100 isnt too bad. I'm hardly a power user though

yeah I got a Desktop a laptop a phone and a tablet and a TV with the router I have that seems a bit overkill but with the TV and Desktop streaming at 1440P to 4K netflix or Steam stuff its really nice plus downloads are fast. I have my phone hooked up to the 5GHz because its fast and I save data on my plan.

The Regulars Lounge 2.0