00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Regulars Lounge 2.0

56,923 Views | 637 Replies

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-12 22:58:06

At 11/12/20 09:50 PM, Malachy wrote: I'm doing well. No jam handed nose pickers here, just way too many cats. This year has been a real doozy. But thank the gods my family and friends are mostly intact and well.

Amen. I think... I hope we’re past the worst of it now. But my inner pessimist has taken to calling himself “The Pissimist” and figuratively pissing on every ray of sunshine I have these days.

He stuck to General mostly.

iu_193656_114637.jpg

I must admit my time in Poli is just reading the discourse and not participating much in eons. Sometimes I'll write a long winded reply to some asshat in a thread and then realize 13 paragraphs and 7 source links is a college essay and not worth the effort when replying to a guy who only said 'umad tho' about climate change.

Yeah... that’s about the feels I had years ago. And now, too. But it feels like there’s so much tribalism and misinformation out there these days, and due to that I feel obligated to at least throw a word in here or there. I suppose that’s how I find myself back here.

TOAS and Rydia are mostly keeping the hordes at bay round here.

Rydia’s always been level headed, so that’s good to know. Is TOAS an acronym I’ve maybe forgotten? I don’t recognize the username.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-12 23:49:04 (edited 2020-11-12 23:49:58)

At 11/12/20 10:58 PM, TheShrike wrote: Is TOAS an acronym I’ve maybe forgotten? I don’t recognize the username.

It’s short for @TurkeyOnAStick. You know, the handsome artist guy.

Also, I remember you from back in the day. Glad you’re well!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-12 23:56:22

At 11/12/20 11:49 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 11/12/20 10:58 PM, TheShrike wrote: Is TOAS an acronym I’ve maybe forgotten? I don’t recognize the username.

D’oh. I remember something else on a stick. But yeah. Got it.

I... don’t really remember you, but I hope you’re doing well as well. BTW, I’ll buy ya a beer sometime post-pandemic, because I suspect we’re neighbors after creeping your profile.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 00:03:06

At 11/12/20 11:56 PM, TheShrike wrote:

I... don’t really remember you, but I hope you’re doing well as well. BTW, I’ll buy ya a beer sometime post-pandemic, because I suspect we’re neighbors after creeping your profile.

I was way more active on the video games board back in the day rather than here but lurked everywhere. I just vaguely remember your name from combing through old shit. Also, I changed the name from puddinn64 to this in 2011.

Always down for a beer when this shit blows over.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 00:25:59

At 11/13/20 12:03 AM, ZJ wrote: I was way more active on the video games board back in the day rather than here but lurked everywhere. I just vaguely remember your name from combing through old shit. Also, I changed the name from puddinn64 to this in 2011.

That’d do it. I’ve literally seen people come into existence and learn to speak during sabbaticals from NG. But I love this place, deep down. I mostly lurked everywhere but vented on politics for giggles. And by vent, I mean crawled out of an air vent, intent on murder. Naturally.

Always down for a beer when this shit blows over.

🍻

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 01:21:27

At 11/12/20 04:50 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 11/12/20 04:39 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Seven Seize is still around. Cyberdevil is still around. I can't remember if a lot of the people I see knocking around General are politics users or not, but there's certainly a hardened cadre.
I saw that, actually. Cyberdevil doesn't ring a bell for me. Probably after my time. I was looking for AmongUs videos to share with my demon spawn and ended in a rabbit hole that left me here. How's life?

Hahaha oh man. I almost don't wanna tell you. I've seen a man burn to death and tourniqueted a gunshot wound since last we talked.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 01:40:56

At 11/13/20 01:21 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Hahaha oh man. I almost don't wanna tell you. I've seen a man burn to death and tourniqueted a gunshot wound since last we talked.

Same guy?

iu_193680_114637.jpg

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 08:21:48

At 11/13/20 01:40 AM, TheShrike wrote:
At 11/13/20 01:21 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Hahaha oh man. I almost don't wanna tell you. I've seen a man burn to death and tourniqueted a gunshot wound since last we talked.
Same guy?

Nope, two different dudes a year apart from each other.

Gun shot first. Ended up covered in blood in a Family Dollar bathroom in rural TN. Had to rush him to emergerncy services, but he lived and kept all his fingers. Dumbass shot himself at a range accident.

The second one... the second one made international news, and I had to step around his charred body while he was apparently still alive to load out my friend's stage gear at Murphy's. Do a google for "Jared Mclemore." apparently someone took down all the videos after they were hosted. Set himself on fire with kerosene and ran inside the bar I was in. Took him forever to stop screaming.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 10:28:55

At 11/13/20 08:21 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Gun shot first. Ended up covered in blood in a Family Dollar bathroom in rural TN. Had to rush him to emergerncy services, but he lived and kept all his fingers. Dumbass shot himself at a range accident.

I mean, that's a great hero story for you, unless some brand of sitcom hijinks landed you in that position with a laugh track, in which case... maybe you're guest starring on Too Many Cooks.

The second one... the second one made international news, and I had to step around his charred body while he was apparently still alive to load out my friend's stage gear at Murphy's. Do a google for "Jared Mclemore." apparently someone took down all the videos after they were hosted. Set himself on fire with kerosene and ran inside the bar I was in. Took him forever to stop screaming.

That is horrific. Nothing got on the gear, did it? Really though. Horrific. The news stories read like something from an episode of Black Mirror.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 10:52:34

At 11/13/20 10:28 AM, TheShrike wrote:
At 11/13/20 08:21 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Gun shot first. Ended up covered in blood in a Family Dollar bathroom in rural TN. Had to rush him to emergerncy services, but he lived and kept all his fingers. Dumbass shot himself at a range accident.
I mean, that's a great hero story for you, unless some brand of sitcom hijinks landed you in that position with a laugh track, in which case... maybe you're guest starring on Too Many Cooks.

That is horrific. Nothing got on the gear, did it? Really though. Horrific. The news stories read like something from an episode of Black Mirror.

Nah, gear was fine. We all stank like burnt hair and kerosene for two days, though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 10:56:28

At 11/13/20 10:52 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Nah, gear was fine. We all stank like burnt hair and kerosene for two days, though.

So just like any other weekend?

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-13 11:50:59

At 11/13/20 10:56 AM, TheShrike wrote:
At 11/13/20 10:52 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Nah, gear was fine. We all stank like burnt hair and kerosene for two days, though.
So just like any other weekend?

In my life? Yes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-15 20:48:19

maybe you are thinking of @shitonastick who is a different person. If you consider french canadians people.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-15 21:49:13

At 11/15/20 08:48 PM, Malachy wrote:
maybe you are thinking of @shitonastick who is a different person. If you consider french canadians people.

We believe so little in ourselves we have to enforce laws to be more French.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-16 00:16:38 (edited 2020-11-16 00:17:16)

At 11/15/20 09:49 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
At 11/15/20 08:48 PM, Malachy wrote:
We believe so little in ourselves we have to enforce laws to be more French.

Honhonhon

What is shit on a stick in French, anyway? Google tells me it is merde sur un bâton, but I don’t know enough to question it.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-11-16 11:28:02 (edited 2020-11-16 11:29:43)

I don't blame Olskoo for deleting his account, shortly after returning from a 15 to 20 year hiatus. If someone here was a malicious actor and found out his real life identity, they could hold the dumb stuff he said decades ago against him, and show his friends, colleagues, etc some stupid stuff he wrote aeons ago.

I remember SOAS was a woman. It's true, there are no women on the internet (15 or 20 years ago).

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-01 15:14:13

At 12/1/20 06:46 AM, UggoSonno wrote: NSFW but not for reasons you’d expect only kinda funny translator
Gizoogle copy and paste any text

A spectre is hustlin Europe. the spectre of communizzle fo' realz. All tha powerz of oldschool Europe have entered tha fuck into a holy alliizzle ta exorcise dis spectre.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-01 20:20:42

At 12/1/20 06:46 AM, UggoSonno wrote: NSFW but not for reasons you’d expect only kinda funny translator
Gizoogle copy and paste any text

Four score n' seven muthafuckin years ago our fathers brought forth on dis continent, a freshly smoked up nation, conceived up in Liberty, n' all bout tha proposizzle dat all pimps is pimped equal.

Now we is engaged up in a pimped out civil war, testin whether dat nation, or any hood so conceived n' so dedicated, can long endure. We is kicked it wit on a pimped out battle-field of dat war. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Our thugged-out asses have come ta dedicate a portion of dat field, as a gangbangin' final restin place fo' dem playas whoz ass here gave they lives dat that hood might live. Well shiiiit, it be altogether fittin n' proper dat we should do this.

But, up in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- dis ground. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Da brave men, livin n' dead, whoz ass struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our skanky juice ta add or detract. Da ghetto will lil note, nor long remember what tha fuck we say here yo, but it can never forget what tha fuck they did here, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho. Well shiiiit, it is fo' our asses tha living, rather, ta be dedicated here ta tha unfinished work which they whoz ass fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Well shiiiit, it is rather fo' our asses ta be here all bout tha pimped out task remainin before our asses -- dat from these honored dead we take increased devotion ta dat cause fo' which they gave tha last full measure of devotion -- dat our crazy asses here highly resolve dat these dead shall not have took a dirt nap up in vain -- dat dis nation, under God, shall gotz a freshly smoked up birth of freedom -- n' dat posse of tha people, by tha people, fo' tha people, shall not perish from tha earth.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-22 17:06:41

Well its almost time for the stolen holiday the Christians relabeled christmas, What was actually the winter solstice celebration welcoming back the increase aka the lengthening of day light. But whatever you call it, once you get past the greed and plastic phoniness I do enjoy being with family & the good food & over abundance of sweet treats & alcohol

Merry Christmas one and all

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-22 19:17:13

What happened to the old lounge?

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-22 20:44:19

At 12/22/20 05:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Well its almost time for the stolen holiday the Christians relabeled christmas, What was actually the winter solstice celebration welcoming back the increase aka the lengthening of day light. But whatever you call it, once you get past the greed and plastic phoniness I do enjoy being with family & the good food & over abundance of sweet treats & alcohol

Merry Christmas one and all

We always got invited to Yule parties held by a pagan couple we know. Last year we couldn't go because we both had the flu really badly. Go figure.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-22 21:00:14

At 12/22/20 08:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: We always got invited to Yule parties held by a pagan couple we know. Last year we couldn't go because we both had the flu really badly. Go figure.

I hope after all of this we can finally normalize people staying home from work/school/family if they feel sick. Imagine if con crud or that nasty cold you get after traveling to see family after xmas were a thing of the past because everyone has finally developed the ability to wash their damn hands and stay home if they aren't feeling well

At 12/22/20 07:17 PM, UncleLad wrote: What happened to the old lounge?

The user who made the old thread asked for his account to be deleted a while ago and with his account went all the threads he authored.

At 12/22/20 05:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Merry Christmas one and all

Thanks man! I finally have a good excuse to ignore my family invitations.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2020-12-30 15:22:10

At 12/22/20 08:44 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 12/22/20 05:06 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Merry Christmas one and all
We always got invited to Yule parties held by a pagan couple we know. Last year we couldn't go because we both had the flu really badly. Go figure.

;;;

That sounds like it would have been fun.

We got together with my Brother & his wife as well as our Mum & Dad, they are well into their 80's now. As Dad said who knows if we'll be around to get together next year. We have had deaths in the family young & old last year ...none by Covid. Every day is a gamble & seeing family for possibly the last time makes it sweeter.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-01-02 21:34:34

I don't really know where else to post this but I suppose since poli reg lounge was my home for so long I just wanna remark that my account turned 18 years old today. It's a gorram adult now. I have...feelings? About this?

Anyway I mostly just read politics for the cringe these days and though many of us aren't as active as we once were I feel like I'm among old friends.

I wish you all many more years and many old friends wherever you find them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-01-02 22:25:41

At 1/2/21 09:34 PM, Malachy wrote: I don't really know where else to post this but I suppose since poli reg lounge was my home for so long I just wanna remark that my account turned 18 years old today. It's a gorram adult now. I have...feelings? About this?

Anyway I mostly just read politics for the cringe these days and though many of us aren't as active as we once were I feel like I'm among old friends.

I wish you all many more years and many old friends wherever you find them.

OMG STOP MAKING STATWHORING THREADS OR IM GOING TO REPORT YOU TO THE MODS!!!

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-01-05 11:39:59

At 1/2/21 09:34 PM, Malachy wrote: I wish you all many more years and many old friends wherever you find them.

;;;;

Well got yer wish with me , another birthday .

So I turned 21 today, its my 40th time !I've decided that I am changing this date into my Unbirthday next year

Which means i'll be counting down from now on & it'll be my 39th , 21st birthday next year . period fullstops

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-05-23 18:45:54

Ahhhhh......We had a good day today, regs and newcummers. Very productive. Can’t wait to do it again tomorrow

🐱 🍻😭

hello

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-05-29 23:00:21

So my husband and I were at the Ross Park Mall about three hours before the shooting. We left around 1. Just buying shirts and sleepwear. I stopped in the food court for lunch.

Funny thing is, I never would have figured out anything was going on if I didn't try to go up the street later that day to grab dinner since we had no idea what to have. Once I got my way out of the traffic jam, I came home and made spaghetti instead. I initially thought there was an accident, but then I saw the SWAT van and knew something was up, so I pulled out my phone.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. Once the bus line was added last year, things started getting pretty ratchet there.

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-06-08 12:17:37

Has anyone played Silent Hill? You know how most of the doors were just for show, and locked?

This forum is starting to look like silent hill lmao

hello

Response to The Regulars Lounge 2.0 2021-06-08 19:37:00

At 6/8/21 12:55 PM, Poseidon00 wrote: Wait, what happened at Ross Park Mall? I went there all the time growing up.

Some juvenile gangbangers from the North Side took the bus line there and got into a fight, then started pulling out guns and firing. What's amazing is nobody got hurt.

The one had four prior gun violations and one drug possession charge. He's 17. The Court of Common Pleas judge has some explaining to do.