00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underground Collective

24,510 Views | 339 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-04 15:27:08

At 5/4/16 02:44 PM, DeadlyAlchemy wrote: Uploading to MF and sending you the link via PM now.

You got it! Thanks :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-05 13:11:23

I have something good going again. Now I just hope I don't finish it before the second one starts.

At this rate I will. Oh well.
Also WIP in my audio if anyone wants to listen.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-10 08:41:31

Alright folks, sorry for the radio silence!

I've been very busy myself, and I have been trying to catch up with many things lately.

I'm preparing the PDF with the interviews and as well as ordering all the tracks. My personal deadline is before the 22nd, so that it doesn't overlap with A.I.M.

Thanks for your patience!

PS: @sequenced and @neBSounds I still need your WAV. :s Please send it over ASAP

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-20 18:13:17

Update? How's it goin' there?

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-22 03:51:46

At 5/20/16 06:13 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Update? How's it goin' there?

I wanted to post an update yesterday but the website was down.

The PDF with the interviews is almost done. I'm still missing @Sequenced's WAV, it's literally the only one left. Things have been slow due to things and commitments piling up IRL, but I am expecting this album to be released before June starts.

About the release, I was thinking that Bandcamp could be a good place for releasing our collab albums - present and future. What do you people think?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-22 09:52:51

At 5/22/16 03:51 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
The PDF with the interviews is almost done. I'm still missing @Sequenced's WAV, it's literally the only one left. Things have been slow due to things and commitments piling up IRL, but I am expecting this album to be released before June starts.

About the release, I was thinking that Bandcamp could be a good place for releasing our collab albums - present and future. What do you people think?

I've been afk with other stuff right now

I don't have the original project file anymore. I have plenty of other finished projects I could render out to wav if you want.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-22 10:59:24

At 5/22/16 09:52 AM, Sequenced wrote: I've been afk with other stuff right now

I don't have the original project file anymore. I have plenty of other finished projects I could render out to wav if you want.

OK, then please select one if you're still up for the initiative.
Feel free to shoot me a PM after that

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-05-22 14:13:55

At 5/22/16 03:51 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote:

Bandcamp is a good site. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-04 08:36:59

Hey folks, little update for you all.

I know it's been quite a while since my last post here, but I've been incredibly busy as things have been piling up IRL and I probably won't know peace until July. I didn't originally want to overlap this project with the A.I.M. contest, but I couldn't foresee things would get this busy, so it's certainly something to keep in mind for the future.

HOWEVER, I am making sure that the PDF with all the interviews meet a certain quality standard, looking as clean and professional as possible. I have been also performing some basic spellchecking just to make sure any sneaky typo doesn't slip into the final product.

If I have any preview images to share, I will gladly post them here as updates.
Thank you for sticking out, everyone. It really means a lot :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-04 16:32:53

At 6/4/16 08:36 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: HOWEVER, I am making sure that the PDF with all the interviews meet a certain quality standard, looking as clean and professional as possible. I have been also performing some basic spellchecking just to make sure any sneaky typo doesn't slip into the final product.

I can totally proofread if you need me to.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-04 16:51:23

At 6/4/16 04:32 PM, Gragon73 wrote: I can totally proofread if you need me to.

That'd be great! x_x

Do you have a Skype?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-04 16:54:23

At 6/4/16 04:51 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Do you have a Skype?

gragongd.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-04 16:59:00

At 6/4/16 04:54 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 6/4/16 04:51 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Do you have a Skype?
gragongd.

Invited!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-05 12:02:28

At 6/4/16 04:32 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 6/4/16 08:36 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: I have been also performing some basic spellchecking just to make sure any sneaky typo doesn't slip into the final product.
I can totally proofread if you need me to.

I second this, as well as any other assistance you may require.

if i knew, i'd tell you.

sig by Homicidee

you can feel your mouse pointer being inevitably drawn to the banner. and clicking it.

BBS Signature

Hey folks!

We did it.

Our very first album is now published on Bandcamp. :)

https://the-underground-collective.bandcamp.com/album/volume-i

Let's just have a moment to say how awesome we are.

We started with literally nothing but a simple rule: be creative.
Some people dismissed the idea, while the rest of us persisted and made this beast of an album.

This would also mark my first collab album in years, and I couldn't be more proud to have gathered this massive assembly of musicians and inspiring people.

Thank you, guys.

I hope this will be the first of a long series of collaborations. :)
Let's make it a gathering point for veterans and newcomers alike, bringing more communities together.

The future is in our hands.

When will the next collab be? Well... we'll see. For now, let's just enjoy Volume I. :))

PS.: Did I mention SHARE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW?

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-18 08:31:47

At 6/18/16 08:30 AM, Anarkat wrote: shouldn't this be creative common since it's free?

Weird, I thought I changed that... It's all rights reserved by default. Let me change that quickly

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-18 09:36:22

Well done ! <3

Wow !

Okay.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-18 10:22:42

At 6/18/16 09:36 AM, MysteriousPresence wrote: Well done ! <3

Likewise :)

At 6/18/16 09:54 AM, MrSmash64 wrote: darn! i forgot about this and now volume 1 is released! it's a shame that i wasn't able to do any music for this, but nice job for everyone who did!

There's always next time!

Also, I hope you guys enjoy the PDF that goes with the album. :)
You can all have it if you download the album first, it's included in the package.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-18 10:35:27

At 6/18/16 08:20 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Hey folks!

We did it.

Some people dismissed the idea, while the rest of us persisted and made this beast of an album.

This would also mark my first collab album in years, and I couldn't be more proud to have gathered this massive assembly of musicians and inspiring people.

Thank you, guys.

Let's make it a gathering point for veterans and newcomers alike, bringing more communities together.

When will the next collab be? Well... we'll see. For now, let's just enjoy Volume I. :))

PS.: Did I mention SHARE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW?

Yaaay!

I'm downloading the album in both Wav and Mp3 320, just for the heck of it. Can't wait to hear what everyone else has made for it! Thanks for the huge effort by everyone. We managed to create something wonderful together. Now let us all enjoy it, and share it indeed <3

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-19 02:14:39

Nice !

It's been fun to take part on this. Plenty of creativity, lots of good tracks, all made just for the win.
Pat yourselves on the back fellows, specially you @ForgottenDawn.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-19 04:45:41

Amazing! Congrats.

Learn the Rules like a pro, so you can Break them like an artist.

Sig by homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-19 05:40:19

At 6/19/16 02:14 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Nice !

It's been fun to take part on this. Plenty of creativity, lots of good tracks, all made just for the win.
Pat yourselves on the back fellows, specially you @ForgottenDawn.

Thank you, but thanks to everyone who has been taking part of this. :)
We all made this possible and I'm definitely looking forward to making more of these.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-20 15:53:56

At 6/18/16 08:20 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Hey folks!

We did it.

Thank you, guys.

PS.: Did I mention SHARE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Dude, thanks so much for letting me be a part of this and organising everything. I think I can speak on behalf of everybody that, without you, none of this would have happened. So, again, epic thanks to you for all you did for the project and how friendly, patient and just downright awesome you've been throughout.

Can I be in the next collab too :^)

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-20 16:18:18

At 6/20/16 03:53 PM, Strykur wrote: Dude, thanks so much for letting me be a part of this and organising everything. I think I can speak on behalf of everybody that, without you, none of this would have happened. So, again, epic thanks to you for all you did for the project and how friendly, patient and just downright awesome you've been throughout.

Can I be in the next collab too :^)

Aw, I'm flattered. :) Of course you can! We'll be here when the time comes.
Old faces, new faces, everyone is welcome. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-20 17:06:18

At 6/20/16 04:18 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Aw, I'm flattered. :) Of course you can! We'll be here when the time comes.
Old faces, new faces, everyone is welcome. :)

Thanks dude! Looking forward to working with everybody again!

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 01:28:27

I also would like to work with everyone, in next collab.

Learn the Rules like a pro, so you can Break them like an artist.

Sig by homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 03:39:54

Awesome job bringing all this together! Thanks again @ForgottenDawn, really enjoyed being a small part of this, and the finished Bandcamp page looks great :) Looking forward to taking part again next time!

BBS Signature

At 6/21/16 03:39 AM, TSRBand wrote: Awesome job bringing all this together! Thanks again @ForgottenDawn, really enjoyed being a small part of this, and the finished Bandcamp page looks great :) Looking forward to taking part again next time!

Thank you guys for making it possible! I'm looking forward to see you all again for the next collab :)
It'll be bigger and will likely involve more communities, which is what I'm hoping for.

I'd like to... basically involve the writing community and possibly the art portal in our next installment.
The idea is to experiment and try to create a continuum of ideas based on what we create.
In other words, one makes something and the other gets inspired and makes something. It's like a chain reaction.

So let's say I create something, like an audio track, one may step up and write something based on my audio. Then another artist steps up and creates an art piece based on that track or writing.

I'm still brainstorming, but that's sort of what I have in mind. I don't definitely wanna force inspiration on you guys, nor force any particular theme. It's still a ground for creativity and experimentation, so one should feel free to do whatever it takes as long as it's within Newgrounds's ToS.

Also, I was thinking, do we have anything like a NG radio? I think it'd be neat if we manage to stream the album somewhere

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 14:20:18

At 6/21/16 08:42 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: Also, I was thinking, do we have anything like a NG radio? I think it'd be neat if we manage to stream the album somewhere

As far as I know, @BrenTheMan is working hard at it. I'm not sure about good places to stream the album online apart from Bandcamp, which you folks have already done. Maybe a preview clip on YouTube?

The one thing I CAN recommend would only be in a local context, though: those participants from within Britain, try your luck at submitting your Underground Collective track to BBC Introducing, talk about the album and how it came to be in the description, and if your regional presenter really likes it, he'll give the album a plug!

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-06-21 14:32:24

At 6/21/16 02:20 PM, Troisnyx wrote: As far as I know, @BrenTheMan is working hard at it. I'm not sure about good places to stream the album online apart from Bandcamp, which you folks have already done. Maybe a preview clip on YouTube?

I see, then I might make a preview clip on Youtube at some point.
I actually haven't been uploading anything on my YT channel for a while because I am in the process of planning things, so we'll see.

The one thing I CAN recommend would only be in a local context, though: those participants from within Britain, try your luck at submitting your Underground Collective track to BBC Introducing, talk about the album and how it came to be in the description, and if your regional presenter really likes it, he'll give the album a plug!

That sounds pretty neat! I actually don't know who's located in the UK among us participants, aside probably @Lich?
Any Brit friend in the house?

BBS Signature