00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underground Collective

24,458 Views | 339 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-24 18:35:52

At 2/24/16 06:24 PM, AliceMako wrote:
At 2/24/16 05:57 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
I don't know, somebody should tell me what i generally make some time.

Electronica?

Electronic music might be fair enough then :)

At 2/24/16 04:09 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 2/24/16 03:35 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: @Strykur - Techno/Dance/Electronic
I would note that it's dubstep, not electronic, as electronic could also be something completely different like Ambient or Chiptune.

In the doubt, Electronic would be pretty much the parent genre, so it technically wouldn't be wrong to say Electronic. But again, it's just to have a little bit of a reference frame for everyone, I don't feel like going over genre-related wars since also many people here, including myself, encompass many different styles at once. ;)

And I see we got a writing contribution, that's interesting. :)
If this collab grows large enough, I think it would also be nice to make a PDF with writing contributions from the users. It's just a thought I'm dropping. We can focus on just audio for now.

Here's the updated list:

@ForgottenDawn - Hybrid/Cinematic and/or Experimental/Electronic
@Tacticat - Hybrid/Cinematic/Misc
@RealFaction - TBD
@sequenced - 8bit/Chiptune-ish
@Gragon73 - Chill/Atmospheric Drum and Bass
@Ultramartyr - Heavy Metal
@Lich - probably Industrial
@Zechnition - TBD
@Strykur - Techno/Dance/Dubstep/Electronic
@Chris354 - Classical
@AliceMako - Electronic/Multiple

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-24 18:51:30

At 2/24/16 06:35 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
Electronic music might be fair enough then :)

In the doubt, Electronic would be pretty much the parent genre, so it technically wouldn't be wrong to say Electronic. But
again, it's just to have a little bit of a reference frame for everyone, I don't feel like going over genre-related wars since
also many people here, including myself, encompass many different styles at once. ;)

Well it's just that i do an extremely poor job of adhering to genre templates and i go through phases in my private production.

Like i focus on a given sound for a while and then i'll move on to whatever is inspiring me most next, the only recurring theme i am aware of is that i never live up to the audience' expectations, so at least that's consistent.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-24 18:51:51

At 2/24/16 01:37 PM, Gragon73 wrote: It might be a good idea to touch base on what kind of songs we're all making just to make sure that we are in fact all doing different stuff.
The easiest thing to do would have all of us make songs in genres that we are used to.
That said, I will probably end up submitting a chill DnB track. Others?

I am more than likely going to do a chiptune / electronic song, though there is a slight possibility of changing it to a cinematic track.

hi!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-24 19:04:01

At 2/24/16 06:51 PM, AliceMako wrote: Well it's just that i do an extremely poor job of adhering to genre templates and i go through phases in my private production.

Like i focus on a given sound for a while and then i'll move on to whatever is inspiring me most next, the only recurring theme i am aware of is that i never live up to the audience' expectations, so at least that's consistent.

And I'm loving that, since I tend to do that as well.
Go ahead and surprise us. We'd love to see what you can come up with. :)

At 2/24/16 06:51 PM, Zechnition wrote: I am more than likely going to do a chiptune / electronic song, though there is a slight possibility of changing it to a cinematic track.

Awesome, that sounds great!
If you do a chiptune/electronic song it would be easier to tie it up to Sequenced/AcidParadox's entry.
But again, don't feel tied by genres, feel free to go wild!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-24 19:14:54

At 2/24/16 07:13 PM, RealFaction wrote: @ForgottenDawn I'm doing er....I'm trying to think of what to call it...I mean technically you could put it under "Classic Rock", so yeah that's what I'll be doing, that classic rock comedy ballad thing. I'll get around to it sometime eventually soon.

Alright, gotcha :)
Take your time

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 01:11:09

Hello fellows.

I'm rebuilding some old rock tracks like this :

Is there a place for something like this in "The Underground Collective" ?
If so, count me in and I'll prepare something for it.

If there is a singer/songwriter interested, I'll be glad to collab.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Hey, @ForgottenDawn, are we allowed to post previews of our song on NG whilst promoting the album at the same time?

Also, I'm probably going to be doing something similar to this:

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 09:33:40

At 2/25/16 01:11 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Hello fellows.

I'm rebuilding some old rock tracks like this :
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/670676
Is there a place for something like this in "The Underground Collective" ?
If so, count me in and I'll prepare something for it.

If there is a singer/songwriter interested, I'll be glad to collab.

Hey, that sounds pretty cool!
As long as you're the original author, then, welcome on board :)
Feel free to experiment as you wish.

If you need any help with mastering feel also free to ask! That goes for everyone involved here.

At 2/25/16 02:39 AM, Strykur wrote: Hey, @ForgottenDawn, are we allowed to post previews of our song on NG whilst promoting the album at the same time?

Also, I'm probably going to be doing something similar to this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/665652

Absolutely! And I already like what you're doing.
This is going to be really interesting. :))

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 16:54:56

@ForgottenDawn, what is the deadline for the tracks? I'm about 3 hours into my song (I have school and other things to do :() and would just like to know how long we have to see if I can experiment around more.

Cheers :D

At 2/25/16 04:54 PM, Strykur wrote: @ForgottenDawn, what is the deadline for the tracks? I'm about 3 hours into my song (I have school and other things to do :() and would just like to know how long we have to see if I can experiment around more.

Hey :) Well, there's no real deadline so far. I could give everyone a soft deadline of say, the 6th of May at 12:00 AM EST.
It's fine if you all need some extra time after that, there's no rush!
Of course, let's try not to kill all the hype we've built so far, haha

And here's the updated list:

@ForgottenDawn - Hybrid/Cinematic and/or Electronic/Misc
@RealFaction - Classic Rock
@Lich - Industrial
@Zechnition - Chiptune/Electronic or Cinematic
@Strykur - Electronic/Melodic Dubstep
@Chris354 - Classical
@LexaHergon - Rock/Metal

Keep it up, guys!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 18:55:36

It's been a while since I've been on this site due to some life changes, but I'm all for this. A place like this would be ideal and perfect for all of us to exercise our creativity and allow for future content as well as partnerships. I'm a bit of a loner from time to time and it would be refreshing to make some new contacts on this site. would you want folks to post any music they have done already?

At 2/25/16 06:55 PM, MicFamiliar wrote: It's been a while since I've been on this site due to some life changes, but I'm all for this. A place like this would be ideal and perfect for all of us to exercise our creativity and allow for future content as well as partnerships. I'm a bit of a loner from time to time and it would be refreshing to make some new contacts on this site. would you want folks to post any music they have done already?

Howdy! I'm glad you're welcoming the idea :)

Well, the spirit of the initiative would be to make something from scratch for it, since it's pretty much a celebration of creativity, in the form of Creators and their works. The idea of a collab album is just a starting point for something potentially bigger able to welcome more activities and mediums, such as writing, visual art, game design, animation, and so on.

I'd like to bring a positive influence on the community, and have a place for Creators to feel like they can freely share their works and grow up as both individuals and Creators. :)

I'm a dreamer and I like to dream big, but it doesn't sound to me like it's anything impossible to achieve. I personally know many people that either don't have the tools or don't feel confident enough to bring themselves to do what they like doing the most. And it's a shame, frankly, cause I'd love to see that potential. I'd love to see what they can come up with.

So yeah, that's pretty much the core of the idea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 19:28:28

Well that's perfect. Has anyone done anything on here yet? Interested in combining my art with anyone who is interested. I can produce, write lyrics, Freestyle, and if need be...do voice overs. I loved this site a lot as a teen and would hope to see something WE have done on the site or at least featured before building an audience to it. It would be awesome as well for all of us to create drop box folders we would like to share for collaborations.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 19:48:33

At 2/25/16 07:28 PM, MicFamiliar wrote: Well that's perfect. Has anyone done anything on here yet? Interested in combining my art with anyone who is interested. I can produce, write lyrics, Freestyle, and if need be...do voice overs. I loved this site a lot as a teen and would hope to see something WE have done on the site or at least featured before building an audience to it. It would be awesome as well for all of us to create drop box folders we would like to share for collaborations.

We got a couple of audio submissions ready and a writing contribution.
The people listed above have shown their interest in the initiative and are preparing something for it. :)
Well, feel free to do whatever you like, man! As I've mentioned above, I'm leading an audio collab because I consider it to be a starting point for something that can potentially grow and because I myself am more familiar with the audio community.
We can create Dropbox folders once the initiative starts growing in both scale and numbers :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 20:29:16

All right I'll do something in the vein of experimental hip hop w/ a touch of spoken word. I'll have something for you by next thursday.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-25 20:32:56

At 2/25/16 08:29 PM, MicFamiliar wrote: All right I'll do something in the vein of experimental hip hop w/ a touch of spoken word. I'll have something for you by next thursday.

Sounds good :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 02:26:48

At 2/25/16 05:36 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
At 2/25/16 04:54 PM, Strykur wrote: @ForgottenDawn, what is the deadline for the tracks? I'm about 3 hours into my song (I have school and other things to do :() and would just like to know how long we have to see if I can experiment around more.

Hey :) Well, there's no real deadline so far. I could give everyone a soft deadline of say, the 6th of May at 12:00 AM EST.
It's fine if you all need some extra time after that, there's no rush!
Of course, let's try not to kill all the hype we've built so far, haha

Well then, this is definitely going to be my best track. Thanks for clearing that up, this will be fun to work on :D

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 04:11:54

At 2/24/16 03:35 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
I was thinking about contacting someone from the Art Portal, but I have no clue about who to contact in particular.
Do you guys have any recommendations?

On the NGMT 2015 @kiabugboy contributed doing some cool art pieces.
I wonder if he would be interested on taking part on this.

Also a question. Should we use a tag like "udergrouncollective" or "TUC" when publishing our tracks ?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 04:43:09

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 10:15:55

At 2/26/16 04:11 AM, LexaHergon wrote: On the NGMT 2015 @kiabugboy contributed doing some cool art pieces.
I wonder if he would be interested on taking part on this.

Also a question. Should we use a tag like "udergrouncollective" or "TUC" when publishing our tracks ?

I see, thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely look that artist up.

I was thinking about using tags, yeah.
We could start using the "TUC001" tag since this won't be the only collab I have in mind to organize. :)

At 2/26/16 04:43 AM, Azhthar wrote: Hey this sounds like a great idea. Count me in:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/672888

Hey, good to have you on board!
Did you made the track specifically for the initiative?
If so, could you please tag your own entry with the aforementioned tag? :)
Mentioning the project in the description is optional, don't worry about it.
Thanks!

--

You know, the more I'm into this thing, the more I am adding bits to what the concept is really about.
This is bringing a lot more people together than I expected and it's just the beginning.
Like, this "collective" isn't even a community-within-a-community or a separate entity from what Newgrounds is.
This is potentially the start of something going beyond that notion because it has virtually no boundaries.
It's an idea about ideas, walking on the minds of many people simultaneously.
If we want to use a shape analogy, it's not a circle, but more like a cloud.
It's kind of meta, isn't it? A collective consciousness that thrives on creativity, bringing positive energy to the places it influences either directly or indirectly.

Or maybe I'm just rambling, but I think it's cool :))

I've been also thinking of designing some kind of logotype for the initiative so that it becomes instantly recognizable and it would be then easier to create some sort of visual identity around it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 10:32:29

At 2/26/16 10:15 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: If so, could you please tag your own entry with the aforementioned tag? :)

No problem... Tagged it :)

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 10:34:41

At 2/26/16 10:32 AM, Azhthar wrote:
At 2/26/16 10:15 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote: If so, could you please tag your own entry with the aforementioned tag? :)
No problem... Tagged it :)

Thanks! I'll update the list of contributors soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 17:04:35

So, while dropping the updated list, I was thinking of something neat.

What if every participant was given an interview?

I was thinking that I could write a written interview form for every participant to fill up. We could well use a dropbox for this or the dumping grounds, that's not a problem. Once all the interviews are gathered, I could assemble them in a PDF that would come along with the album, separate from any potential writing contribution.

I'd like to basically make this PDF explaining who are the authors that contributed to the initiative along with their interview.

What do you guys think?

@ForgottenDawn - Hybrid/Cinematic and/or Electronic/Misc
@RealFaction - Classic Rock
@Lich - Industrial
@Zechnition - Chiptune/Electronic or Cinematic
@Strykur - Electronic/Melodic Dubstep
@Chris354 - Classical
@LexaHergon - Rock/Metal
@Azhthar - Ambient/Electronic
@MicFamiliar - Experimental Hip-Hop

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-26 18:07:55

My senses are tingling

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-27 00:15:56

Hi guys! It is admirable that you wish to contribute to sharing the music of the NG community. I am interested in participating, because I would like to share my music. Also I have a project that I dedicate myself to compose soundtracks for videogames. I hope that you have in mind my project. I wanna to improve every day my music and my computer xD

You can listen my track if you want!! :) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/673113

Thanks!!!

I'm a VG and electronic music composer. I can make music/soundtracks for your games,

if you wish to contact me, please message me at keypat.reborn03@gmail.com

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-27 04:54:30

At 2/26/16 05:04 PM, ForgottenDawn wrote: So, while dropping the updated list, I was thinking of something neat.

What if every participant was given an interview?

I was thinking that I could write a written interview form for every participant to fill up. We could well use a dropbox for this or the dumping grounds, that's not a problem. Once all the interviews are gathered, I could assemble them in a PDF that would come along with the album, separate from any potential writing contribution.

I'd like to basically make this PDF explaining who are the authors that contributed to the initiative along with their interview.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, that sounds like it could work. I'd be more than happy to do an interview if everybody else is. Maybe it could explain as to why people make the music they do, which would be really cool.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-27 06:58:23

By the way guys, I've uploaded a preview of the song I'm working on. Like the description says, it is very much unfinished in areas. Hope you like it though.

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-27 13:21:08

This is a vocal about evil, I offer this vocal into the cauldron if there's room and the fire's still on.

-Slimm

So many replies *w*

At 2/27/16 12:15 AM, Keypat wrote: Hi guys! It is admirable that you wish to contribute to sharing the music of the NG community. I am interested in participating, because I would like to share my music. Also I have a project that I dedicate myself to compose soundtracks for videogames. I hope that you have in mind my project. I wanna to improve every day my music and my computer xD

You can listen my track if you want!! :) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/673113

Thanks!!!

Hi! Thanks for joining us :)
We'd be glad to have you on board if you make something for the initiative from scratch.
Otherwise it wouldn't be much different from an audio advertisement thread. ;)

At 2/27/16 06:58 AM, Strykur wrote: By the way guys, I've uploaded a preview of the song I'm working on. Like the description says, it is very much unfinished in areas. Hope you like it though.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/673250

This is pretty interesting so far, I like it!
Keep expanding on it, maybe with some variations here and there a bit more grit on the bass. =)

I'm also glad you like the interview idea. Let's see if more people would like to be interviewed among the contributors.
I would take it as a chance to introduce yourself to your potential public, so of course I wouldn't exactly expect one-liners from our answers. :) I still want to keep it as a choice however. It's fine if someone doesn't want to be interviewed for whatever reason, I would respect that decision. But we'll see.

At 2/27/16 01:21 PM, Virginia-Slimm wrote: This is a vocal about evil, I offer this vocal into the cauldron if there's room and the fire's still on.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/673305
-Slimm

Hey, this is really cool, welcome on board!
If anyone is interested in grabbing these nice vocals, feel free to have a look and make a cool track out of it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underground Collective 2016-02-27 14:41:08

I'd like to be a part of this, I've been making a lot of ambient music lately, this is my most recent one but I have lots of ideas if all the musics gonna be fresh.

Do you like pork sausages?

BBS Signature