00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

danlag4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Art :D

38,752 Views | 388 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Art :D 2016-02-04 21:19:23

I don't really go on the forums other than to lurk, but I keep seeing people posting their art and I want to do the same. It seems like a fun thing to do. :> So I'm mainly going to post finished stuff, but maybe also some unfinished stuff as well.

Also I can't figure about how to embed stuff from Newgrounds itself so I'm just going to post links until I figure it out. .o. Here's something I made today: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/meowberry/blue

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-04 02:35:38

I made this a while ago, but I decided to post it here today for some reason. :P
I also somehow have a feeling that my thread's going to die, but hey.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-04 02:37:28

Here's the first drawing so it's easier to see

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-04 03:11:04 (edited 2016-04-04 03:12:01)

At 4/4/16 02:35 AM, Meowberry wrote: I made this a while ago, but I decided to post it here today for some reason. :P
I also somehow have a feeling that my thread's going to die, but hey.

Your thread will never die as long as you keep posting art to it, Meowberry. Its good to see a new thread pop up, and good to see a fellow pokemon appreciator posting. Comments in threads are few and far inbetween, so dont get discouraged by the silence, I promise you, people are looking.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-04 10:29:17

Your thread will never die as long as you keep posting art to it, Meowberry. Its good to see a new thread pop up, and good to see a fellow pokemon appreciator posting. Comments in threads are few and far inbetween, so dont get discouraged by the silence, I promise you, people are looking.

Thanks man. :> I wasn't really quite sure how art threads worked, so that was extremely helpful.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-04 18:53:53

At 4/4/16 02:37 AM, Meowberry wrote: Here's the first drawing so it's easier to see

The eyes and nose look really well drawn in this picture. The expression that the eyes give off can be hard to do, but you portrayed it well. The shading on the face and hair is good, too. The ball of the nose didn't really need shading and could have been the same color as the base skin tone since it's out of the shadows the hair creates. Also, the scar on the nose seems off and makes it seem like the scar has a v shape in it on the bridge (if it were seen from the front). You could probably fix this by having the scar connect with a higher part of the bridge on the nose (unless the v was intentional). The hair's shading didn't go too dark or light, so the hair looked liked it belonged with the rest of the picture.

The character's ear with the earring seems a bit off. If the character's head is tilted, the left ear would not be on the same level as the right ear. Also, the earring seems like it's floating in mid-air. If the earring were on the ear, it would have a 3/4 view and the clasp part would not be as visible due to the character's ear hair.

The glowing look of the earring looks nice and gives it a nice metallic look. Plus, the highlighting on the earring matches the hair in a way. You probably could have gone darker on some parts of the earring since metals usually have extreme dark and light values.

Overall, I think it's a good picture that could use some adjustments.

Sorry for the long post, but I hoped something I said helped in some way. I hope you're starting to get out of your slump with drawing :)

Response to My Art :D 2016-04-05 20:31:00

Sorry for the long post, but I hoped something I said helped in some way. I hope you're starting to get out of your slump with drawing :)

Sorry for replying to you late, but thank you for the critique. :> I actually haven't noticed that the earring looked off until you pointed it out. I also had a lot of trouble with the scar about couldn't figure out how to make it look normal across his face, so that was also really helpful.
I'm slowly trying to get out of it by doing dumb (although helpful) art challenges, so hopefully I'll be back where I used to be art-wise. .w.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-05-31 22:14:43 (edited 2016-05-31 22:15:34)

I forgot to actually update this. QwQ I made something the other day, though! I tried playing around with color pallets, but ended up screwing around with the saturation filter anyway.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-06-01 21:17:41

At 6/1/16 03:12 PM, EKM wrote: I don't know if it's your style, but the chin area looks off here. I'm assuming the 'pointy edge' is the chin, but its angle is off and doesn't fit with the rest of the face. It should be more locked in the centre.

The last picture isn't bad. You might have talent for drawing androgynous characters. I like the use of colours and shading.

Yeah, I kind of screwed up on the chin. I regret not using a reference back then. QwQ
Thanks! I never really thought about my art like that, but what you're saying is that I basically draw characters that look can both male and female? I didn't really notice that at all, but I can kind of see it now and it's interesting. ovo
Thank you for the feedback! : 3

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-02 03:59:31 (edited 2016-07-02 04:01:47)

I finished outlining this today; I think I'll try to finish coloring tomorrow.
But for now, I need sleep.

P.S.: That arm and hand was a huge pain in the butt to perfect. :P At first, I drew the hand on the wrong arm, so I had to move everything over to his left arm and it was a giant mess. But it's over now. There is now peace.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-02 16:37:01

I finished the outline today (with some breaks because my hand kept cramping up).

I'm pretty satisfied- especially with the background. I usually suck at thinking of backgrounds, but this one turned out pretty decent if I do say so myself.
I also made his clothes design official.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-14 03:02:04

Usually when I draw, I have a really hard time getting in the process. This time, I went with the first thing I did but I made the lines really messy and colored over that. I think I like this a lot better than my usual routine where I rage and then either scrap everything and stop drawing for a while, or I fluke out and get a good sketch.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-20 13:54:35

I did this last night, but I forgot my thread existed. I think I'm getting a lot better with drawing the female body, but I still don't have a firm grasp at drawing things below the torso. At least this worked out for the most part though, which is surprising since I never did an outline for the lines. I just fixed up the sketch.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-25 18:09:53 (edited 2016-07-25 18:10:10)

I made this a few minutes ago. I had some trouble on the bushes in the foreground, but I'm really happy with how everything else turned out.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-25 18:46:13

At 7/25/16 06:09 PM, Oddlem wrote: I made this a few minutes ago. I had some trouble on the bushes in the foreground, but I'm really happy with how everything else turned out.

hae! this is really good. i mean with a little bit more time put in the details, this could really be an awesome piece. There is really a nice feel / mood conveyed thru it (awesome work on that). You should re-visit this after sometime. It has 4.5 star potential. i'm already inspired by it.

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-25 19:04:27

At 7/25/16 06:46 PM, Akuaitance wrote:
hae! this is really good. i mean with a little bit more time put in the details, this could really be an awesome piece. There is really a nice feel / mood conveyed thru it (awesome work on that). You should re-visit this after sometime. It has 4.5 star potential. i'm already inspired by it.

Thank you a ton! QwQ I probably should go back and touch up a few things though.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-30 04:27:34 (edited 2016-07-30 04:29:42)

My god, those curls were a pain in the butt to color. I don't think I've ever gone in that much detail over her hair, but at least it's finally curly like how it was supposed to be.
Anyways, I started this sometime at 12:00 in the morning and even though I'm extremely tired I think it was worth it.
I was going to edit with something and I somehow forgot within like two seconds. I need sleep.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-31 02:44:36

Nice, I think I like this style because of the unique stances that aren't really common. Maybe the character is often lacking a prop but they are still sort of doing something which is cool.

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-31 02:50:59

At 7/30/16 07:30 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: on some of these, the way you shade is too soft
on some of the skin shading try different shades of colors instead of a dark grey, maybe a little more reddish or orange and see how it compliments the skin

Crap, you're totally right. I've been trying to stray away from that lately but I think I slowly went back to using bad shade colors. I tried changing that up in the newer one though, thanks for the critique! :>

At 7/31/16 02:44 AM, Dubsyn wrote: Nice, I think I like this style because of the unique stances that aren't really common. Maybe the character is often lacking a prop but they are still sort of doing something which is cool.

Wait really? Coincidentally, that's what I've been focusing on for a long while so I'm extremely glad that you think that. ;w; I guess the next step would be making them interact with backgrounds which is spooky. O:

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-07-31 02:52:22

The finished version of the cat lady. Also, I'd like to mention that I named the file best v without realizing what it meant until after I named it.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-01 08:58:45

If you're drawing a cartoony style, cartoon shading would be fine. examples 1 2 This soft glowie looking shading is used by a lot of young internet artists who don't know what they're doing. If you're set on a more realistic shading, use reference, there is absolutely no substitute.

Your lines are very rigid and straight. Adding more curves will help your characters look more natural.

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-11 22:48:46 (edited 2016-08-11 22:50:18)

I started this a few hours ago, but had to stop because I felt sick. I also realize that the bottom half looks off after looking at it in a different perspective. TT*TT

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-13 02:05:51

love this work ^^,

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-24 03:35:16

At 7/20/16 01:54 PM, Oddlem wrote: I did this last night, but I forgot my thread existed. I think I'm getting a lot better with drawing the female body, but I still don't have a firm grasp at drawing things below the torso. At least this worked out for the most part though, which is surprising since I never did an outline for the lines. I just fixed up the sketch.

my fave piece you made

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-24 03:44:33

At 8/24/16 03:35 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
my fave piece you made

Thank you! QwQ

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-25 17:13:03 (edited 2016-08-25 17:14:13)

Your lineart is pretty solid, but you should try putting some more time into painting and stuff,, ?? Maybe look up some tutorials on the basics of painting, like blending, use of colors and how colors looks like if lit or unlit, then move on to more specific tutorials as you learn.. I like this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUbdyjrrJAjDIACjCsjAGFAA tho it focuses a lot on composistion(but its still very important to have good understanding of composition). Doing photo studies is also a great way of learning how to paint!

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-25 21:01:05 (edited 2016-08-25 21:02:30)

At 8/25/16 05:13 PM, Arja wrote: Your lineart is pretty solid, but you should try putting some more time into painting and stuff,, ?? Maybe look up some tutorials on the basics of painting, like blending, use of colors and how colors looks like if lit or unlit, then move on to more specific tutorials as you learn.. I like this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUbdyjrrJAjDIACjCsjAGFAA tho it focuses a lot on composistion(but its still very important to have good understanding of composition). Doing photo studies is also a great way of learning how to paint!

Crap, you're right. ;w; I tend to rush through paintings and not put much effort on detail. Lately though, I've been trying to watch other artists streaming on Picarto and it's been really helpful to observe how other people get things done.
I'll make sure to watch those tutorials though, thanks much for the links! :D

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-26 00:08:17

Made this today while I was trying to stream. O: I'm really happy with how this came out, except for a few things here and there. :>
I think I made some kind of breakthough. I also got to paint a rose, too. :D

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-08-26 00:08:59

Here's the rose from the background since it's kind of hard to see. :P

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to My Art :D 2016-09-06 02:04:35

I made this a few minutes ago, and I'm planning on inking it out tomorrow since I have to sleep soon. I'm so sad though; the top blurred up because my hand is unstable. TT^TT
It mean, I'm going to draw over it anyway but it makes it look weird at this point in time.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature