00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are Americans really that dumb?

7,340 Views | 188 Replies

Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 07:54:44

Once i was in Paris as a tourist on a tourist buss. Me and my parents were sitting next to an American couple;

The woman leaned over to me and said "where do you come from young man?" in a friendly tone, to which i replied
"Australia".
"Ooow, she said, i've never been there. it must be very nice there."
"It is." i said.
She gave a thoughtful look. "Do you see the moon in Australia?"
"No, this is the first time i've seen it, in Paris." i replied.
"Ooow really, we see it every night back home."

I'll never ever forget that. It is like my most memorable memory. (too anyone who doesn't know, people in Australia, as well as the rest of the world, DO see the moon).

I was just wondering, becasue in Australia there is currently a parody show called "CNNNN" which will sometimes interview some American citizens. some of the questions they asked were "where is the Berling Wall" and "How many Eifel towers are there?", they got answers like, "Russia", and "10". Another question was "What do you think about Australia" the anwser was something similar to "they're all bluddy terroists aint they?"

I also hear that in some states of the USA it is Illigal to teach Darwin's "theory of evolution".

Are some people in the US really this ignorent and stupid? Because i find it hard to belive!
Is that show being selective, or is a percentage of the populus really like that!

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 07:58:10

yes. americans are that dumb. only kidding, some of them are.

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 07:59:21

Austrailians don't see the moon?!

...fair dooz.

The worst member.

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:00:12

yes, many americans are that ignorant ans stupid. and i wouldnt doubt for a second that some states cant teach evolution because that would go against people's precious fucking christian beliefs, we wouldnt wanna do that, would we?

I don't like you.

BBS Signature

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:01:29

At 6/16/04 07:54 AM, ThaRedSkull wrote:
I was just wondering, becasue in Australia there is currently a parody show called "CNNNN" which will sometimes interview some American citizens. some of the questions they asked were "where is the Berling Wall" and "How many Eifel towers are there?", they got answers like, "Russia", and "10". Another question was "What do you think about Australia" the anwser was something similar to "they're all bluddy terroists aint they?"

HAhahah! CNNNN Rocks! I use to watch it until it got axed.
....or maybe the season just ended
Meh the ABC channel sux0rs anyway!

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:03:39

At 6/16/04 08:00 AM, FourStar wrote: yes, many americans are that ignorant ans stupid. and i wouldnt doubt for a second that some states cant teach evolution because that would go against people's precious fucking christian beliefs, we wouldnt wanna do that, would we?

My biology teacher said they were passing something about banning the teaching of evolution a while ago. I'm guessing it actually passed then.
How sad...

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:17:54

At 6/16/04 07:54 AM, ThaRedSkull wrote: Are some people in the US really this ignorent and stupid?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Because i find it hard to belive!

When you've been on the Internet for at least a year, you learn not to ask questions like this. The answer stares at you in the face. You begin to ask other questions instead, like "Are the Americans going to evolve?"

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:27:58

I'd like to say no, But...Alas, I can't exactly be a good example of a smart American. o.o;

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:32:56

Yea they are dumb. In Cali, only 1/2 are dumb....

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:35:41

At 6/16/04 07:54 AM, ThaRedSkull wrote:
"CNNNN"

presenting Fungry's Aussie Tilt Burger.

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:40:43

Here is a thought, would that show still be on the air if all the americans answered all the questions correctly?

Must be selective for the stupid people, dooooy.

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:46:27

At 6/16/04 08:40 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Must be selective for the stupid people, dooooy.

Quite a big selection, then, don't you think?

*bizatch!*

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:50:08

hahhahahah yes!!!
that is soooo true americans dont have a clue what goes on outside their country (well the majority dont) i knew an american who asked me if we rode kangaroos to school and when the visisted australia the were like "OMG!!!!11!!! you have a really big city"
they though we were like a convict village hahahhahaha
yes this is the 21st century

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:52:17

i have read nothing on this forum but YES!

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 08:58:06

on the american weakest link bout a year ago the question was "who is the primeinister of Britain" 2 witch this dappy bitch replied "i dunno like er henry VIII"

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:00:20

sadly so we have a show here called street smarts that just like cnnnn, and its some countys in alabama and ohio that thay cant teach the truth

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:05:52

There's dumb Americans and smart Americans. Unfortunately, you found a dumb one. Yes, there's quite a lot of people in dire need to learn more about the English language and its applications. There are also people in America who don't know anything about world geography, and they can't tell you where Beijing is.

I remember chatting to some random person through AIM. This is basically what happened:

RANDOM PERSON: a/s/l?
Slash808: 14/M/Beijing
RANDOM PERSON: o cool
RANDOM PERSON: wat state is beijing in??

I think I was 14 at the time. Oh well.

you didn't see nothing, capisce?

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:09:22

At 6/16/04 08:58 AM, The_Patriot wrote: on the american weakest link bout a year ago the question was "who is the primeinister of Britain" 2 witch this dappy bitch replied "i dunno like er henry VIII"

That could be forgivable if someone was found to have no idea of American politics (such as myself, heh), and to compare the two in terms of stupidity.

But even I know who the Prime Minister of Britain is. it's King Kong, duh! (taking the piss)

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:09:24

americans are pretty stupid take the president....

how to make a speach

start of with "my fellow americans"

use the childrent to make it sound sweet "the children of our great country want us to steal oil"

and finnihs with "godbless america.... and no place else" just to make it patriotic

no ofence all you yanks

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:11:58

At 6/16/04 09:09 AM, ph33r_clock wrote: americans are pretty stupid take the president....

If you ever find a show called 'Dead Ringers' or '2DTV', watch them They regularly take the mick out of old Dubya, with unusually fun results.

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:12:07

No, we are not all the dumb. In fact, some of us aren't dumb at all unless we do it on purpose.

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:17:07

At 6/16/04 09:12 AM, Carmilla wrote: No, we are not all the dumb. In fact, some of us aren't dumb at all unless we do it on purpose.

Sadly, not only are the select few intelligent, but (as far as we've seen) they're pretty bloody good at hiding as well.

Anyway, let's focus. It's a bit stupid posting an Anti-USA topic on an American website, so if the mod comes around... blam. Be careful.

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:17:20

people everywhere are dumb,

there are dumb people and smart people in every country

if you go on to the street anywhere and ask questions of that sort you will eventually find someone who answers like that

america is just the favorite target :)

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:25:19

From experience, Americans are especially stupid when it comes to Australia. It's because the mentality of the US is quite self-centred: it doesn't really extend past their national boundaries... and when it does.. it's to mock or generate stereotypes.

CNNN was totally great... I can't wait until it returns.

I remember the episode where they spend the entire 30 minutes totally bagging out America.. "blue true". ehehahha. And the one where George Bush would visit Australia but not leave his bed (which is sorta true... he didn't even stay in Australia for 24 hours).

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:26:24

At 6/16/04 09:11 AM, Soldier_S wrote:
At 6/16/04 09:09 AM, ph33r_clock wrote: americans are pretty stupid take the president....
If you ever find a show called 'Dead Ringers' or '2DTV', watch them They regularly take the mick out of old Dubya, with unusually fun results.

hahaha dead ringer rules and so does 2dtv Arnold shligerigadiga
http://www.2dtv.co.uk/movie/arnie_and_bush.htm i uge any american 2 c this link and c a english perspective of american politics

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:28:48

any americans please tell wot u think of it

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:36:16

I'm American, and I've been hopping back and forth from the States and China. I'd say there's more stupid people in China than in America. There's dumb people everywhere. There's also dumb Australians, like the Health teacher I email-bombed.

you didn't see nothing, capisce?

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:39:50

I think that some americans are dumb although most of them are, I mean what's up with them thinking that they're smart and cool, but it's actually us asians who are the smart ones and maybe some of us are cool. The only reason you never get alot of asians students for your school is because they to smart for ya, I mean they're mostly in all of the smart classes!

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:43:41

yes, but so r belgiuns

Response to Are Americans really that dumb? 2004-06-16 09:45:01

And thus, the war began.