00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

alexautum just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

424,458 Views | 4,078 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-06 02:53:32

Hello.

i go by John Calword.
I brought my self here, because of the awesome stuff.

i have nothing else to say.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-07 03:24:09

At 1/6/18 02:53 AM, j-calword wrote: i have nothing else to say.

That's not a lot to say but welcome aboard John it will be fun.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-11 05:23:59

At 1/10/18 07:41 PM, klimisthebest wrote: hello

Well hello there and welcome to the grounds hope you enjoy it here, its a pretty fun site full of flash and animation.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-11 14:10:38

Hi I am Rex. 20 years old from Canada. I'm trying to learn how to draw. I used to have good skills when I was younger when I was forced to take art classes, but I have neglected them because I was a stubborn little shit going through puberty. I'm paying the price for it now because my skills aren't developed. I believe I have a decent amount of knowledge of techniques and whatnot but because of my shitty skills I'm essentially starting from square one.

I used to visit Newgrounds when I was young and only recently discovered it again when I found out it was asking for donations. I think this is a wonderful place and I'm happy to support the site. I hope that soon enough I can contribute more through my artwork.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-11 14:14:04

At 1/11/18 02:10 PM, RatedRex wrote: I used to visit Newgrounds when I was young and only recently discovered it again when I found out it was asking for donations. I think this is a wonderful place and I'm happy to support the site. I hope that soon enough I can contribute more through my artwork.

Thanks for returning as a supporter! Hope things go well with your art endeavors, hoping we'll all have a great year here!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-11 14:17:42

Thanks for returning as a supporter! Hope things go well with your art endeavors, hoping we'll all have a great year here!

And thank you for all the hard work you put in for all of us :)

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-12 08:35:01

At 1/11/18 02:10 PM, RatedRex wrote: I used to visit Newgrounds when I was young and only recently discovered it again

Welcome back to the grounds hope you enjoy your stay here its a pretty fun and entertaining place.

At 1/11/18 06:26 AM, ByrneHammer wrote: Hi, I used to browse newgrounds a lot years back on different accounts,

Welcome hope you like it here theres lots of resources you can find and help on any drawing tips aswell.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-13 08:01:41

At 1/13/18 06:37 AM, Scuinox wrote: hi I'm that scuinox person guy on an internet page
I'm not exactly new although about 14 years ago I watched some kind of disgusting and explicit content on here.

Welcome to newgrounds hope you like it here, its kinda fun.

At 1/12/18 10:33 PM, S-C-R-G wrote: Hi everyone. Been a lurker for awhile

Welcome aboard the ng ship.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-13 21:26:17

Hello, I just joined today! I draw stuff, and I'd like to try and get into animating as well at one point or another. I've known about Newgrounds for a while, but only decided to make an account now for some reason? Oh well, I hope to meet cool people and get my art seen!

At 1/13/18 09:26 PM, SleepySylvi wrote: Hello, I just joined today! I draw stuff, and I'd like to try and get into animating as well at one point or another. I've known about Newgrounds for a while, but only decided to make an account now for some reason? Oh well, I hope to meet cool people and get my art seen!

Hey there SleepySylvi, and welcome to the community! Probably a ton of reasons not to sign up to this strange place but... way more reasons to do so. ;) Hope you enjoy your stay; looking forward to seeing your artistry in the portal(s)!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-14 16:43:47

At 1/13/18 09:26 PM, SleepySylvi wrote: Hello, I just joined today! I draw stuff, and I'd like to try and get into animating as well at one point or another.

Welcome aboard its always nice to have new people come in and want to do the fun stuff so welcome aboard, hope to see your stuff sometime soon.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-14 17:10:10

Hello everyone!

Just dropped in to say howdy doody. Joined a few days ago and I would like to share my musical creations with you all. Been making music on and off for many years now, even released a 14 track album that got printed to CD (woop).

Mostly into video game stuff, but I do like to make my own original material as well.
I invite you to my page.Lend me your ears! Convince me to get back into noise creation!

I hope some of you will like what I've done, and I look forward to hearing any comments.

Thanks for having me :)

New User Introduction Thread!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-16 06:38:46

At 1/14/18 05:10 PM, xendraven wrote: Hello everyone!

Hey there xendraven!

Just dropped in to say howdy doody. Joined a few days ago and I would like to share my musical creations with you all. Been making music on and off for many years now, even released a 14 track album that got printed to CD (woop).

Not so often we get a howdy doody up in here. XD Howdy doody to you too dude! Looking forward to listening to some of your musical stuff, Congrats on the album and...

Thanks for having me :)

...thanks for joining! :) May your stay be fruitful and full of great things/opportunities/stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-22 17:18:09

Technically, I am still new here... I have been an on and off viewer of Newgrounds since about 2010.

I have visited tons of times over the years, had spent a few hours looking at others creations, donated a couple bucks here and there (on either this or a profile I lost a long time ago), but never had been involved in the community.

I have always had a passion for drawing, painting, writing, ideas for games that I thought would be cool (but probably would have flopped had I actually tried them out, or not), liked flash for years and in the back of my mind I would say "I am going to learn that someday" (insert a bunch of changes from Macromedia to Adobe, now Animate CC), and still want to do all of the above somehow, some day (now 36 and have children who love art and different media).

After that long sentence there, it goes to show how much life got in the way of the things I really wanted to do, and, after I get some financial things in order, will put more effort into.

It may be a month, or 6, but I have seen a lot of good people here helping people (even with simple suggestions) go from horrible artwork and video/game development to some of the best stuff out there.

Though I have innate art skills, I will most definitely submit products my children have the capabilities to produce, until I get it right, like a 90 year old going back to college.

So here's to all the great (and even the very negative) people here on Newgrounds, who have just started, or been here for the long haul.

You have been appreciated by artists for years now (even the haters, for every successful person has a ton of haters, without them, none can become better).

And to Newgrounds itself, the starting spot for many many artists (whatever media), and have been here for many a year when others have come and gone.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-22 20:45:51

At 1/14/18 05:10 PM, xendraven wrote: Hello everyone!

Just dropped in to say howdy doody. Joined a few days ago and I would like to share my musical creations with you all.

Welcome to the grounds looking forward to checking out some of your work.

At 1/22/18 05:18 PM, jhernandezsitel050 wrote: Technically, I am still new here... I have been an on and off viewer of Newgrounds since about 2010.

Then welcome back and continue to enjoy all that newgrounds has to offer.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Hello Guys, my name is Kieran Doherty aka Kieran D, aka Bubba Kane aka Kieran Master i discovered,Tha NG Site in 2004 when i used to play flash games alot on sites like MoFunZone, smashing games, Miniclip etc. I signed up in 2008 for no reason then i forgot about my account, i remembered it in 2013 and forgot it again untill 2016 when i started using it again. I want to make some animation one day but untill then ill just wait thanks.
I will also deposit my exp daily and get to level 60 and be a 'god'

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-24 01:04:00

At 1/23/18 05:10 PM, KieranMaster10 wrote: Hello Guys,

Hello to you and welcome to the site you will find lots of fun games movies and always something new

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-24 08:29:04

At 1/23/18 05:10 PM, KieranMaster10 wrote: Hello Guys, my name is Kieran Doherty aka Kieran D, aka Bubba Kane aka Kieran Master i discovered,Tha NG Site in 2004 when i used to play flash games alot on sites like MoFunZone, smashing games, Miniclip etc. I signed up in 2008 for no reason then i forgot about my account, i remembered it in 2013 and forgot it again untill 2016 when i started using it again. I want to make some animation one day but untill then ill just wait thanks.
I will also deposit my exp daily and get to level 60 and be a 'god'

Hey there Kieran! :D Have a very belated Official welcome to the site, and good luck with that leveling! It's a long road... but rewarding in intervals!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-24 12:19:23

Hey there Kieran! :D Have a very belated Official welcome to the site, and good luck with that leveling! It's a long road... but rewarding in intervals!

Thanks Cyberdevil

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-01-26 04:00:19

Hi, a little off topic but join our Discord art server

https://discord.gg/Rbx4AMv

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-02 15:38:04

Hello, gals and pals. First time in the forums but I certainly knew Newgrounds since the Dinosaurs' time when it had another design and it helped me to cope with boredom when I was working as a store clerk. The store had dull days in which seemingly nobody entered 'cept for, maybe, asking for directions. In such dull days them good ol' flash animations and games were godsend.

I didn't have an account back then, so this one is relatively recent. Now I'm even thinking about creating a game or something, but unsurprisingly dat sheet is hard, yo, I'm reading tutorials and whatnot and I'm sucking at that even before properly starting in the craft so I would probably bother people in the proper subforum about that in the near future. Ha, ha... sorry.

Anyway, Newgrounds rocks! The content is pretty sweet, there's truly something for everyone in here.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-02 18:06:25

At 2/2/18 03:38 PM, DanRope wrote: Hello, gals and pals. First time in the forums but I certainly knew Newgrounds since the Dinosaurs' time when it had another design and it helped me to cope with boredom when I was working as a store clerk. The store had dull days in which seemingly nobody entered 'cept for, maybe, asking for directions. In such dull days them good ol' flash animations and games were godsend.

Welcome back to the site Dan! Great to see someone make an account after years of lurking. Glad to have you in the ol' BBS.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-03 13:40:33

Danrope

Welcome to the forums just one part of the site that is fun hope you get time to explore it all it's a fun place or it can be anyways welcome to the grounds

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-04 17:05:03

Thank you for the welcome, guys.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-05 16:50:58

At 2/2/18 03:38 PM, DanRope wrote: Anyway, Newgrounds rocks! The content is pretty sweet, there's truly something for everyone in here.

Fo rizzle! Welcome back/officially to the community Dan; hope you do get some outlet for those creative ambitions! It's really not that hard once you get started, just practice, practice... before you know it you'll be up there with the greats. :P Wish I had a job like that btw, paid days of spare time to spend on this place... sounds like paradise! :D

BBS Signature

At 2/5/18 04:50 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Fo rizzle! Welcome back/officially to the community Dan; hope you do get some outlet for those creative ambitions! It's really not that hard once you get started, just practice, practice... before you know it you'll be up there with the greats. :P

Thanks. True enough, practice is the only way. Of all the game making software I have seen only Stencyl looks accessible to me, the others not so much since they involve lots of coding and I, sadly, don't have prior experience in coding. That's ok, though. Some of my favorite flash games were made with Stencyl.

At 2/5/18 04:50 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Wish I had a job like that btw, paid days of spare time to spend on this place... sounds like paradise! :D

Yeah, it was... but not for long. Dull days with few costumers meant that I could pass the time on Newgrounds with my laptop, true, it also meant that after a fashion the boss realized that maybe keeping the shop open was not profitable enough... and there we go, back to unemployment limbo. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-06 11:58:39

At 2/6/18 09:32 AM, DanRope wrote: Thanks. True enough, practice is the only way. Of all the game making software I have seen only Stencyl looks accessible to me, the others not so much since they involve lots of coding and I, sadly, don't have prior experience in coding. That's ok, though. Some of my favorite flash games were made with Stencyl.

For sure, there are some pretty amazing Stencyl games out there! I've never tried it myself (still stuck with Flash... old habits die hard) but it seems simple and solid.

Yeah, it was... but not for long. Dull days with few costumers meant that I could pass the time on Newgrounds with my laptop, true, it also meant that after a fashion the boss realized that maybe keeping the shop open was not profitable enough... and there we go, back to unemployment limbo. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

Ah, well, the downsides of upsides are they don't last forever... hope you find some similar suite to work in! With moderate doses of spare time that allow continual spare time in moderate doses...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-08 00:34:35

Been visiting Ng since ages, I remember when Zelda UO was the thing also I still miss AlvinEarthworm work, Had this account since 2012 I believe, but never had the need to use it (neither the propper english)

So About me? My name's Cesar, I make comics from time to time and I'm learning animation (also trying to make a living out of it)

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-08 17:59:50

Welcome Cesar

Welcome to newgrounds again lurkers are always great we we're all lurkers at one point but hope you enjoy this place with lots of flash animations and great art

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2018-02-09 06:41:03

At 2/8/18 12:34 AM, nitelini wrote: Been visiting Ng since ages, I remember when Zelda UO was the thing also I still miss AlvinEarthworm work, Had this account since 2012 I believe, but never had the need to use it (neither the propper english)

So About me? My name's Cesar, I make comics from time to time and I'm learning animation (also trying to make a living out of it)

Nice to meet you Cesar! Though you've been around here's an official welcome; hope you stick around for many years yet! Any plans on posting some of those comics on site too?

BBS Signature