00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Cleanup

705,659 Views | 5,426 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-04 01:46:51

At 2/3/17 08:22 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 2/2/17 09:49 PM, infinitepowersource wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/726281
this is made mostly of VR sample pack sounds, if im hearing correctly
Not really a valid assumption. I have that pack and have never heard those sounds.

And if using sample packs is not allowed these days, boy am I screwed for having using them.

As long as the samples aren't copyrighted, you should be fine. We're not worried about "oh, that kick sample is from X". We're more so concerned with "Christ, did he really rip a Bieber acapella and paste it on a Skrillex track with Mozart reversed over top?" Big chunks of songs are a no-no. Copyright is a no-no (not even a millesecond, if you read the rules). Sampling stuff in an original arrangement should be totally fine unless you're breaking other rules, like midi ripping the same synthesia shit we've all seen 500 times on YT.

Tending to your reports right now btw. Thank you!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-04 02:14:39

At 2/4/17 02:02 AM, MonsterboyGD wrote: Im back, how is everyones day

I keep a daily diary for that. Today, cold, slow. Just rounded off the last reports from @BlueAlpha14. Some things have changed regarding NG and GD btw. Thought you should know from now on that AP artists have the option to disallow their tracks for GD, and people will no longer be able to scout themselves into GD. No more new artists are getting in without RobTop's approval. NG will have no control over who gets in or who doesn't.

What this means for your GD friends is that effectively no illegitimate songs are going to make it into GD, so you might as well just report them here and spread the word that brute forcing the AP isn't gonna work anymore.

Also, now that we have the choice whether we want our songs ingame or not, I'm going to be updating my licensing, and possibly doing requests for people IF they ask nicely.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-04 02:24:58

At 2/4/17 01:46 AM, EDM364 wrote: As long as the samples aren't copyrighted, you should be fine. We're not worried about "oh, that kick sample is from X".

That's why I didn't think the track should be removed. I think just about every dubstep noob has used that sample pack. I only use the bass samples when ABSOLUTELY necessary, but most of the drums I've been using since This is the End was from that pack.

Copyright is a no-no (not even a millesecond, if you read the rules).

I assume this applies to remixing as well, but I still follow the 10% rule.

Tending to your reports right now btw. Thank you!

Your welcome, I'm glad to be helping out. And I'm glad to hear about the Geometry Dash thing. Now maybe artists like Xtrullor can have a say in if they want their songs overused and disable them. Now I'm just waiting for the unscouted section to realize they are wasting their time and membership lol.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-04 15:46:36

At 2/3/17 08:22 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 2/2/17 09:49 PM, infinitepowersource wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/726281
this is made mostly of VR sample pack sounds, if im hearing correctly
Not really a valid assumption. I have that pack and have never heard those sounds.

And if using sample packs is not allowed these days, boy am I screwed for having using them.

it's not just using sample packs, i'm pretty sure they just edited the demo track?

https://youtu.be/A56Hia5JAsQ?t=165

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 14:04:14

REALLY?

Why upload an f-777 song if he will/will not upload it later?

This was obviously copied off somewhere

Doesn't belong in the audio portal

Some copy off some artist.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 14:49:32 (edited 2017-02-05 14:50:15)

At 2/5/17 02:16 PM, cank wrote: Hey, I hope you're flagging these for the whistle points.
Also, I'd like to know exactly who they're stolen from so I can do the same.

2nd one was copied from IOSYS, 1st one was copied from F-777, and 4th one was copied from JJD.

AND yes, i flagged all of them. They should be off the portal.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 16:02:00

At 2/5/17 03:47 PM, cank wrote:

Well, that, and I highly doubt Miku Music Network would change their name for NG, only upload this one song from their collection, and never mention it along the list of every other link in the YT video description.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 16:13:50

At 2/5/17 02:04 PM, UltraMX wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/726510
Doesn't belong in the audio portal

Others are gone. Can you recall where this is from or if it's ripped from a YT video? It sounds like it, but I'm just gonna v0te appropriately and change the genre to misc for now.

Also, seems morons on the disreputable end of the GD kitty pool aren't getting it, still stealing like the dickens. Mayhap because our banner doesn't yet reflect that soon, it won't matter whether they're scouted or not, they still won't get to use their duplicitous uploads in GD.

@Cank, can you take a listen to some of that b3yond guy's stuff? I'm scratching my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 22:17:25

^Original song plays in the background

^All 3 of those are Virtual Riot. I'll provide links if any mod needs me to, right now I'm lazy :P

^I cannot remember the original song, but I know it's not theirs. Even so, they're not Etzer anyways...

^GOD SAVE US ALL

^Anyone familiar with EH!DE? I've been adding so much of his stuff on my phone lately..

If it isn't obvious this is stolen lol

^Well by the title and picture it's obvious it's by Marshmello but I'm not familiar with the dude enough to know which song it is.

^I've mentioned who Pendulum is before, right? This duo is what later became Knife Party (and any long time user on this thread knows who they are)

^Credits original artist in the description

^I have reported this song so many times...

^The "megalovania" caught my attention, but I don't know if it's for sure stolen. Familiar with this @cank?

^MDK

^Different Heaven and EH!DE

^F-777

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 22:20:08

At 2/5/17 02:49 PM, UltraMX wrote: AND yes, i flagged all of them. They should be off the portal.

Oh, hey, welcome. Nice to see you on the AP cleanup thread :)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-05 23:38:27 (edited 2017-02-05 23:38:41)

At 2/5/17 10:20 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 2/5/17 02:49 PM, UltraMX wrote: AND yes, i flagged all of them. They should be off the portal.
Oh, hey, welcome. Nice to see you on the AP cleanup thread :)

I've been here before... but thanks anyway!

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-06 15:03:34

^Admits in description it's not theirs. Free to use doesn't mean it's okay to use here, dumbo.

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bznxx12Ptl0

^Zomboy - Nuclear (Dillon Francis remix)

^At first I thought it was Spag Heddy, but it was made in Music Maker Jam so it's disallowed anyways.

^Haha, they did the work for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJCKJOF3b4

^Not a remix

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11caQ8PFt90

^NoCopyrightSounds

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-06 21:58:28

At 2/6/17 03:03 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Some wack ass rule breaches

Nice batch. All gone now

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-06 23:20:53

Stolen from Bridge And Law. Thanks Squirrel.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 00:46:33

^A mashup is not a remix. Literally they took the drops from Evil, 211, Fairydust, Figures, and ripped a big chunk from Sweet Dreams

^Basically edited the remix of another person's work, and from the looks of the description they didn't do much. Even so I think this isn't allowed because Coldplay is represented by a large record label? Correct me if I'm wrong.

^Source for both: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHiovIidNas

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 01:09:05

At 2/7/17 12:46 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: AP dirty laundry

Took 'em to the cleaners. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 02:58:27

At 2/7/17 01:09 AM, EDM364 wrote:
At 2/7/17 12:46 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: AP dirty laundry
Took 'em to the cleaners. ;)

lol

I've been meaning to post some older stuff I found that's bookmarked on my tablet from all the "get the song" levels. My tablet's dead atm, so I'll get around to it tomorrow.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 12:04:00

^Both are not remixes

^You can't avoid copyright strikes here, bro

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 14:10:20

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 17:39:32

At 2/7/17 02:10 PM, Jackho wrote: a big list

+

At 2/7/17 12:04 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: a big list

= a big list of bans.

Thank you both for the links and listing reasons. it does help us. :)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 19:35:00

At 2/7/17 05:39 PM, Exedor wrote:
Thank you both for the links and listing reasons. it does help us. :)

Np, after EDM364 told me to do so I realized I shouldn't have expected the moderators to know the same artists as I.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 20:38:47

At 2/7/17 07:51 PM, cank wrote:
Yes, especially when one of the moderators says that they should be called dubstep "things" instead of songs lmfao.

Which didn't make sense, because there's some dubstep that's quite melodic. Most of the AirwaveMusicTV's dubstep section is mostly chill/melodic. Even if it's "Skrill-like", there's still melody and structure. It's just really bass heavy and violent, which I like.

Most stolen, ahem, content is dubstep.

That's because that's all these people think their levels will be fit for. And, dubstep is kind of popular on the internet. Yet, I think these people just enjoy dubstep parodies and "dankstep" more than the actual principle of the genre, which gives dubstep more of a bad rap than it already accumulated after 2013.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 21:03:33

At 2/7/17 09:00 PM, cank wrote:
At 2/7/17 08:38 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Yet, I think these people just enjoy dubstep parodies and "dankstep" more than the actual principle of the genre, which gives dubstep more of a bad rap than it already accumulated after 2013.
I actually like "dankstep." Especially when it's violent and bass heavy. Like the Fuck Her Right In The Pussy dubstep made by Personal Dennibro on YouTube. Wobble, wobble, wobble!

True, I did like Trumstep by Arius, and I've thought of making some kind of "step", but let's be honest I'm struggling trying to make a simple drumstep drop kill me

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-07 21:53:06

They're the same song, and the second guy admits to stealing it, so they're both stolen.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-08 13:54:50

At 2/8/17 01:43 PM, MonsterboyGD wrote: Jibberish.

I already told you why your art gets removed, and why your movies get removed. Are you stupid?Seriously, son, are you stupid? Knock it off.

now go before I get more mad

Too bad. So sad. Grow some balls, bro. Or some brains. Both are necessary in your case.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-09 13:52:38

I know these songs were removed a long time ago, but why were FireStorm & PartyStorm (both by Tygrysek) removed exactly? ~S~

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-10 04:25:56

At 2/9/17 01:52 PM, Skiddle wrote: I know these songs were removed a long time ago, but why were FireStorm & PartyStorm (both by Tygrysek) removed exactly? ~S~

If I remember correctly, they were made primarily out of pre-made loops.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-10 04:32:22

At 2/10/17 04:25 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 2/9/17 01:52 PM, Skiddle wrote: I know these songs were removed a long time ago, but why were FireStorm & PartyStorm (both by Tygrysek) removed exactly? ~S~
If I remember correctly, they were made primarily out of pre-made loops.

Oh. It's just that PartyStorm has blown up since then. I was just wondering. ~S~

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-11 15:34:20

At 9/24/14 07:56 AM, B16 wrote: In this thread, report any Audio Portal submissions which break the rules detailed in the Audio Portal Guidelines.

I report tens of Illegal Skrillex, MDK and Video Game songs every day

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-02-13 06:12:45 (edited 2017-02-13 06:24:59)

This audio

is stolen from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du1UJyRwmts

and this

is stolen from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2tjNqGyJI

this

stolen from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsXo6fsmso

BBS Signature