00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '14: Auditions

38,706 Views | 545 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 16:08:43

At 8/4/14 12:33 PM, Echo wrote:
At 8/4/14 12:05 PM, SoundChris wrote: Where is the good old racoon elite reaction force action? We wanna be entertained :D
So uh...speaking of raccooons...we might have a problem.

So, a delay?

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 16:09:46

At 8/4/14 04:08 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/4/14 12:33 PM, Echo wrote:
At 8/4/14 12:05 PM, SoundChris wrote: Where is the good old racoon elite reaction force action? We wanna be entertained :D
So uh...speaking of raccooons...we might have a problem.
So, a delay?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 16:09:47

At 8/4/14 04:01 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

hahah interesting.

That controversy in the comments though , the best way to tell if she's legit or not is to ask her to sing a song WITHOUT using that vocal technique.

Cased closed.

I believe abc news featured her also, which makes for pretty strong evidence! :p

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 16:34:06

At 8/4/14 04:09 PM, etherealwinds wrote:
At 8/4/14 04:01 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:
I believe abc news featured her also, which makes for pretty strong evidence! :p

I am not saying she's fake, it's a pretty cool technique, i was just pointing out the solution for those in the comments. Her singing is not perfect pitch though (not to be confused with absolute pitch, which most musicians have), it's just the effect of the technique she uses gives that sensation when going to one note to another. Just grab her vocals on your DAW and separate all the notes she sings one by one then put a synth along the notes and you'll hear the detuning in her voice.

So i still stand that it's impossible for humans to sing a note at a specific frequency (for example someone singing an D5 at 587.33 hz)

But like I said before, everyone uses autotune and it's not a bad thing. In the end , side yodeling singing is still a waveform that can be pitch corrected.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 17:10:07

At 8/4/14 04:34 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

I am not saying she's fake, it's a pretty cool technique, i was just pointing out the solution for those in the comments. Her singing is not perfect pitch though (not to be confused with absolute pitch, which most musicians have), it's just the effect of the technique she uses gives that sensation when going to one note to another. Just grab her vocals on your DAW and separate all the notes she sings one by one then put a synth along the notes and you'll hear the detuning in her voice.

But like I said before, everyone uses autotune and it's not a bad thing. In the end , side yodeling singing is still a waveform that can be pitch corrected.

I never mentioned anything about her having perfect pitch. ^ ^ I'm not sure it's an accurate statement to say that everyone uses autotune though haha.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Auditions 2014-08-04 17:17:09

At 8/4/14 05:10 PM, etherealwinds wrote: I'm not sure it's an accurate statement to say that everyone uses autotune though haha.

I agree. I don't have proof of it and I know it's not true.

Music is my passion , not my business.