00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '14: Group Stages

34,732 Views | 522 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:41:08

Heya! Welcome to the official thread for the first round of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch 2014 (NGADM '14) - the Group Stages! Are you lost? Head on over to the auditions thread to find out more. If you're not lost, check out THIS newspost for the schedule, prizes and most importantly the rules!

Now that the auditions phase is over, the knockout contest will actually begin. We started with 184 auditions and had to narrow it down to only 64 participants. This could only have been done with the help of our professional, experienced and only somewhat sane panel of judges - Step, samulis, Neon-Bard, midimachine, headphoamz and MetalRenard! Please proceed to clap for the hard work they all did, followed by the realisation that clapping at your computer monitor probably isn't very useful.

We were very happy with the turnout this year. Nearly 200 auditions is nothing to scoff at, and the quality was through the roof, with great diversity, and a plethora of new names among the NGADM veterans. If you didn't make it through, then remember that narrowing down the 184 auditions to 64 participants was one hell of a difficult task to undertake, and tons of extremely talented people didn't make the cut. Essentially, only ~35% of the original artists who auditioned made it through, so don't be hard on yourself. Like we say every year, there's always the next!

If you are one of the 64 competitors in the below list, then congratulations! Pat yourself on the back and prepare for what's to come. For this first round, you've been assigned to a group among 16 groups of 4 (see below). You have 2 weeks to create a track (up till 18th of August @ 12:00 PM EDT) which will be scored by each judge when the 2 weeks are up. We will compute the average of each track's scores, post the results on the 25th, and each competitor with the highest score from his/her group will move on to the next round. Expect judge reviews on your first round track showing up during the 2 weeks of the second round.

A quick thing to note before posting the top 64 is that if you've suddenly realised that you can't take part, then let us know instantly! Walkovers suck, and we can easily replace you with someone who was next in-line to the top 64.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the list of the top 64 artists who made it through to the knockout contest, in no particular order, split into 16 groups:

GROUP A

- ZipZipper + steampianist
- SonicWombat
- InvisibleObserver
- Cimba

GROUP B

- PeterSatera
- Veneox
- KatMaestro + Jrob
- PascalPalomino

GROUP C

- SoundChris + Hitokirito
- SilverPoyozo
- SourJovis
- TheBenjerman

GROUP D

- SkyeWint + camoshark
- larrylarrybb
- Jernemies
- Basset-Hound

GROUP E

- Kor-Rune + Bosa
- acmeDyne
- CoredxBitch
- LunyAlex

GROUP F

- JacobCadmus
- FlaggedOnArrival
- papkee
- johnfn

GROUP G

- PirateCrab
- Metallica1136
- Phonometrologist
- MattBat27

GROUP H

- introstalge
- RetromanOMG
- Cross666
- Chemiqals

GROUP I

- SolarexMusic
- dexarson
- Kabalist
- TetratonMusic

GROUP J

- etherealwinds
- Azhthar
- DamienFleisch
- Nimble

GROUP K

- IglicaV
- Spadezer
- secantwave
- Ceevro

GROUP L

- Braiton
- BrainLight
- TheMoebiusProject
- Jay-Turner

GROUP M

- JDawg00100
- InYourDreams
- DuttonsaysHi
- garlagan

GROUP N

- AeronMusic
- Mawnz
- MrStr8face
- Tosmatobeef

GROUP O

- Troisnyx
- Jimmypig
- ChronoNomad
- Guylee

GROUP P

- soulblud
- Sequenced
- Pandasticality
- Acid-Paradox

I'd also like to thank:
@Artist-Lost for being an amazing artist, providing a badass NGADM logo (including the one you see below) for three years straight!
All the people offering to sponsor in this thread.
All the judges for a job well done, but @MetalRenard and @Neon-Bard in particular for helping with the grouping.

That concludes everything! Send any questions, complaints, feedback, flaming and death threats to me or Echo via PM.

Best of luck!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:45:26

whoaaaaa this is gonna be totally cool and stuff!!
GLHF

wat

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:48:24

Yeah that will become epic! Good luck everyone. I am looking forward to hear a lot of great tunes in the contest :D

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:48:33

The suspense was too much. I'm not sure whether to feel relief at getting through or sudden pressure for Round 1.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:49:11

Aww yeah, this year is looking great! Good luck to everybody! :)

As per tradition, I'll be whipping up a detailed list of of every competitor, as well as their respective tracks and scores (when they arrive). It should be up shortly.

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:50:01

AWESOME! Congratulations and good luck to everyone who made it! Let's get this started!!

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:56:09

Oof, made it. <3 Grats all around.

Alright, I will keep chipping at this song as much as I can.

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 15:56:13

Seems like I didn't make it this year either XD.
I don't feel to bad about it though :). I felt like I was able to submit a track that I was satisfied with and that showed my skill,
And every single one of the 64 participants are awesome artists that deserved it :).
Well, guess I'll try again next year XD.

Just a random idiot

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:05:50

Wooooo, dodged Satera and Cadmus and Ka...

w...

- Kor-Rune + Bosa
- acmeDyne
- CoredxBitch

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:21:32

I saw larry in group D and got my hopes up. Then I saw it wasn't me.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:26:29

Congratulations to everyone who made the cut! I'll try to take you guys on again next year.

Also, I laughed pretty hard at this:

At 8/3/14 01:27 AM, Sequenced wrote: if I get put vs acid paradox round 1 i will quit music
At 8/4/14 03:41 PM, Step wrote: - soulblud
- Sequenced
- Pandasticality
- Acid-Paradox

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:26:39

Awesome, glad I made it this year! Good luck to everyone involved, it's gonna be tough!

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:28:38

At 8/4/14 04:05 PM, LunyAlex wrote: Wooooo, dodged Satera and Cadmus and Ka...

w...

- Kor-Rune + Bosa
- acmeDyne
- CoredxBitch

Ye this is probably going to be more painful than not geting in! :D :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:36:31

Darn, 2nd time I didn't make it in. Come on guys what's the problem? Huh? Wanna fight? Well too bad, I can't teleport. Lol

I am currently in need of a 2D animator! If you think you can help me out, please visit this topic: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1339130

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:42:53

At 8/4/14 04:36 PM, SonicYM2612 wrote: Darn, 2nd time I didn't make it in. Come on guys what's the problem? Huh? Wanna fight? Well too bad, I can't teleport. Lol

My 2nd time not making it too :/
Makes me feel like my music is worthless... especially outta 64 slots... Outta all the bad things that are going on nothing wants to give. Welp ill try again next year.

Smashescupcakes.newgrounds.com/follow

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:43:10

Ooooof didn't make it this year, well I'll be back next year with lots more to offer. Congrats to all who passed and good luck!

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:47:02

Blood for the blood gods.!

Luck to everyone, hope you're prompted to write some of your best.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:50:57

Oh I made it? Awesome! I better get started. Congrats and good luck to all!

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:51:27

At 8/4/14 03:49 PM, camoshark wrote: Aww yeah, this year is looking great! Good luck to everybody! :)

As per tradition, I'll be whipping up a detailed list of of every competitor, as well as their respective tracks and scores (when they arrive). It should be up shortly.

There we go, all finished up!

If you have any complaints, comments nd/or recommendations, feel free to say so in the comments or by PM, as I try to make this as comprehensive and detailed as a third-party newspost can be without involving spreadsheets! ^^'

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 16:56:41

Awriiiiight! This is the third time I've entered, and the first time I've made the cut! All it took was for me to play guitar like Tommy Emmanuel... Looks like the level for this match is through the roof! You are ALL worthy opponents! Congrats to those who made it!

-Ceevro

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:00:24

Some of these replies are hilarious.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:03:09

- etherealwinds
- Azhthar
- DamienFleisch

oh man, going up against some hard hitters. I'm relieved I even made it in the first place. Even if I don't get past this round I'm going to be content getting put up against such solid musicians.

Best of luck to all, and may the best musician win.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:03:14

Props to the judges by going through all the submissions. Last time I had an emergency so I had to leave Internet for some time but this year i am not gonna quit.

I have a question though

Can I use another account for submitting my entries?

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:03:18

Didn't make it... welp! I'll just have to improve for next year~!

Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:16:51

Guess I'm still too nooby for such contests lol.... Guess I'll have to rename to DUHshiel now.

ya know... cuz DUH.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:21:10

Didnt make it i guess.. but yea i dont mind either. The diversity is just too extreme and i wish every one of you who made it good luck!

Beware that whenever the sun rays touch my skin i will pop like a flower and show my true colors.

Oh and you might see me play rocket league lol

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:27:06

Oh my god I made it in! Good luck to everyone that made it! I have no clue what I'm going to do now, I wasn't expecting to get in. Time to go panic write some music

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:31:05

Awesome! Looks like @johnfn and I are picking up right where we left off last year.

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:42:56

Goodluck everyone. Can't wait to hear what others come up with!

Response to N G A D M '14: Group Stages 2014-08-04 17:48:16

At 8/4/14 05:31 PM, JacobCadmus wrote: Awesome! Looks like @johnfn and I are picking up right where we left off last year.

Avenge me jacob! For the sake of us orchestral guys muha :D I hope we can get the chance to survive this round. Would be awesome to have the chance to encounter you! But before that it will be a hard fight to survive in my group.

BBS Signature