00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Party Playlist

10,383 Views | 50 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 17:06:32

Check out the Pico Day Party Playlist!

Every year I put together a playlist for the Pico Day Party at the office. It plays in the side garage, where a lot of the "mingling" happens outside of the main room where movies are played. The cool thing this year is that we have a playlist feature on NG, so I can share it with everyone!

Each Pico Day playlist is special because it tries to encapsulate themes from the past year, mixed with some old favorites. The mix this year includes music from Pico Day 2012, Robot Day 2012 and Halloween 2012, alongside new genres such as Chipstep and Trap and music featured in some of the Best of 2012 Game and Movie Nominees.

Which brings me to an important observation - it would be great if more of the nominated games and movies next year had links to music in the NG Audio Portal! Not only does it generate massive publicity for the musicians, it also makes for an even more endearing Pico Day playlist, which can now be shared for eternity on NG instead of just the day-of.

Listen to the Pico Day Party Playlist while reading these interviews with Nothins and Magical-Zorse! Reply to this thread with suggestions for songs you'd like to hear on the list, including explanations about why they are special and relevant.

And keep the Audio Portal in mind when producing games and movies this year, or ask your musician friend to share his music with the rest of NG!

Pico Day 2013 is this Saturday, April 27th. We'll be streaming live from the office and will have the chat window open all day.

If you made a game or movie for Pico Day, feel welcome to pop this logo in there. You can also link it to the Pico Day 2013 collection to spread awareness!

Pico Day Party Playlist

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 17:08:30

Cool stuff Tom! Hope you have a happy birthday!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 17:08:33

awesome stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 17:14:12

Awesome! I'm excited there will be chat and streaming!

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 17:15:20

Niceeee. Cant wait for it! Hope the chat will reach over 200, haha

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 18:12:56

Cant wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 18:26:38

Sounds awesome!

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 18:27:57

Unfortunately for me, prom is poorly placed on Pico Day. I'll still try to watch what I can! I hope to have something special uploaded though. BIG update for my game I actually did last year. ( fell victim to the Newgrounds delay effect )

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 18:47:58

Haha cool, I'm on the playlist :)

Hope pico day goes well!

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 19:06:11

Happy Early Pico Day everyone.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 19:48:48

Aaah 2 days! I gotta get this game done!!

:)

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 20:24:18

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 20:26:56

@NoLanLabs I am in the same boat with you buddy. So much work... so little time.
@TomFulp PICO Space Marine? Man, I hope there is more to that picture? Also, who drew it? MindChamber?

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 20:49:02

As much as I would've loved to make a game for Pico Day, I couldn't because I've been too busy with this HTML5 RPG game and college, etc. However, I'm happy to already hear that there's two good games on their way, and I hope lots of great, unique content gets submitted that day.

Oh, and will there be a livestream going on?

ALLLSO doesn't the next Annual NG Tank Awards get announced on Pico Day? I've never had much knowledge over how the Tank Awards works.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 20:54:34

At 4/25/13 07:44 PM, MetalBooster wrote: I will be submitting the game by 30,Will that do?

For a 14 yr old, not bad kid.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 20:56:12

At 4/25/13 08:49 PM, Spudzy wrote: As much as I would've loved to make a game for Pico Day, I couldn't because I've been too busy with this HTML5 RPG game and college, etc.

I hear that, man...

Almost done both, thankfully

Is it an interactive feed or like a camera on the ceiling? I vaguely remember it being the former, but that could have been some other event.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 21:00:38

oh, you are streaming. Maybe I should actually read the post properly before posting, I'm one silly goose.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 22:09:15

Here's a song that deserves to be on the Pico Day Playlist more than anything ever.

It has special meaning to me because of balls butt boobs cock:

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 23:24:33

Cool, I made it on the playlist!

Games? More like GAMES! | ROBOTS! MORE ROBOTS! COWS! ROBOTS AGAIN!

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-25 23:42:07

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 00:48:58

How come Pico Day isn't on April 30th this year like previous years?

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 00:54:34

At 4/26/13 12:48 AM, Crazymonkey154 wrote: How come Pico Day isn't on April 30th this year like previous years?

Prolly cuz it's at the end of the week this year. No one would show up on a Tuesday.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 03:39:45

I'm going to get naked in preparation!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 03:55:20

We can create our own audio playlist on NG now? How do I access that option from my NG dashboard?

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 04:13:54

Tomorrow is the big day, I can't wait!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 05:02:00

At 4/25/13 05:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check out the Pico Day Party Playlist!

Man! I wish I could go to this party. One day (when I have a steady income) I am flying the fuck over there.

I love the idea that for a minute or so, the party will be listening to my stupid voice singing about size exchanges. Cool playlist!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 05:28:46

Make sure to stick some Battleblock Theater soundtracks in there!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 05:53:09

Yay! I hope y'all will have a blast! ^___^

Wakka wakka

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 07:43:07

At 4/26/13 03:55 AM, Jess-The-Dragoon wrote: We can create our own audio playlist on NG now? How do I access that option from my NG dashboard?

I don't usually do that: if there's a song I want to put into a playlist, all I do is go to said song, click on the sign with three horizontal lines (that's the Playlist sign), and then it'll give the option to put it into a new playlist, or an existing one if I already have one.

Immediately once you put the song into your playlist you'll be directed to the playlist page, where you can edit the description etc.

Response to Pico Day Party Playlist 2013-04-26 09:39:08

This could be used on the playlist:

The song was used in the Halloween Collab, but more importantly this guy is awesome. He plays all the instruments heard: trumpet, guitar, keyboard. He is a very talented artist. I think if he keeps putting stuff out we might see some really cool stuff coming from him. Right now it seems to be all covers, but perhaps some originals might come one day.

Also this should be on every playlist ever:

II II lI

BBS Signature