00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinions on flash player..

1,087 Views | 19 Replies

Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-12 18:34:56

Surely I'm not the only one, I hate this new flash player Newgrounds has that plays flash like a video. It's too slow for me and flash is supposed to be played like flash! Not like a video.

It is not good to eat much honey, so for men to search their own glory is not glory. Proverbs 25:27

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-12 19:32:33

I have to be honest, I have no idea what you're actually talking about. I've honestly not noticed any animations being played anything like a video, or any way radically different to how they have been for pretty much as long as I remember...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-12 20:20:31

I completely agree, it barely even works.

GOOD JOB AT ATTRACTING NEW USERS NEWGROUNDS

MIGHT WANT TO TRY DOING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 03:03:17

At 2/12/13 06:34 PM, GreeenMachine wrote: Surely I'm not the only one, I hate this new flash player Newgrounds has that plays flash like a video. It's too slow for me and flash is supposed to be played like flash! Not like a video.

That's not a Flash Player, that's an MP4 Player. The real Flash Player is the browser plugin by Adobe that's been making it possible to play Flash ever since this site was started. That one hasn't changed much at all. :/

As for the MP4 player. I'm growing to like it. The options to skim and go fullscreen are pretty neat!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 04:42:25

The video player works fine for me. I bet you're using Internet Explorer...

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 09:48:48

At 2/12/13 06:34 PM, GreeenMachine wrote: flash is supposed to be played like flash! Not like a video.

A video can be a Flash though.

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 10:19:59

At 2/12/13 06:34 PM, GreeenMachine wrote: Surely I'm not the only one, I hate this new flash player Newgrounds has that plays flash like a video. It's too slow for me and flash is supposed to be played like flash! Not like a video.

ii hate it too you have to wait and wait i like the ones that look like flash

Just a Pro Gamer

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 10:31:32

The videos are mp4 and the flash is flash. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 11:31:23

man i came into this thread talking about the benefits and drawbacks of AS3 and flash player, and a hopefully intellectual discussion
instead i get a computer illiterate 12 year old who bitches about a video player

hang on while i call tom flup and tell him about your suggestion, to change the mp4 player back to a flash player

extract taken from Cherry

beep beep boop

EY YO TOM

GREEENMACHINE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU

HAHA I KNOW WHAT A DUMB SHIT

beep

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 16:04:53

At 2/13/13 11:31 AM, Gimmick wrote: man i came into this thread talking about the benefits and drawbacks of AS3 and flash player, and a hopefully intellectual discussion
instead i get a computer illiterate 12 year old who bitches about a video player

That was the exact same reaction I got.
Because I've been getting a lot of people around me that are starting to "hate" flash and what adobe is doing with the pluging. I've even came across a guy that refused to install flash because he thinks its too "insecure". Paranoia much?

Anyway, the thread did gave me a little giggle I must admit.

But while we're on the subject anyway. Any ideas how flash will evolve and if it will really die out? It's impossible right? I mean, I don't mind using swivel, but the fact that I'm able to create interactive media as an artist with not a lot of coding knowledge is really fun and amazing. It would be sad to see my custom "play" buttons disappear just because some 12 year old wants everything to be like youtube....

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 17:50:41

At 2/13/13 04:42 AM, PyroGreg wrote: The video player works fine for me. I bet you're using Internet Explorer...

I'm using Chrome.

It is not good to eat much honey, so for men to search their own glory is not glory. Proverbs 25:27

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 17:54:06

At 2/13/13 11:31 AM, Gimmick wrote: man i came into this thread talking about the benefits and drawbacks of AS3 and flash player, and a hopefully intellectual discussion

hang on while i call tom flup and tell him about your suggestion, to change the mp4 player back to a flash player
extract taken from Cherry
beep beep boop

EY YO TOM

GREEENMACHINE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU

HAHA I KNOW WHAT A DUMB SHIT

beep

Funny..because I'm 17. Look, it's not that I don't want the MP4 player. I just don't like how it loads slowly. If it ran a bit better, I'd be fine with it.

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 18:00:40

At 2/13/13 04:04 PM, Damien wrote:
That was the exact same reaction I got.
Because I've been getting a lot of people around me that are starting to "hate" flash and what adobe is doing with the pluging. I've even came across a guy that refused to install flash because he thinks its too "insecure". Paranoia much?

Anyway, the thread did gave me a little giggle I must admit.

But while we're on the subject anyway. Any ideas how flash will evolve and if it will really die out? It's impossible right? I mean, I don't mind using swivel, but the fact that I'm able to create interactive media as an artist with not a lot of coding knowledge is really fun and amazing. It would be sad to see my custom "play" buttons disappear just because some 12 year old wants everything to be like youtube....

You're getting the wrong idea from this thread. I do not hate flash, I do hate, however, when the MP4 player won't load a video I'd like to see. I miss the good 'ol days when all the flashes played the same way and when there wasn't an MP4 player, now it seems like there's more and more flash with MP4 players. If you're referring to me as the 12 year old, I'd like to say you're looking at me completely wrong. I don't want Newgrounds to be like Youtube.

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 18:11:50

I think it's nice. It's much better than the old to be honest. I have the option to skip in movies, which is really nice if I want to re-watch certain parts or show them to friends.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 21:41:55

back then when the mp4 was new, yeah, I would've agreed with you. It runs really well for me now, and I have a terrible computer.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-13 21:49:45

It ran like shit before but its since been improved. I can watch some videos like this one just fine now.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-14 06:30:10

At 2/13/13 05:54 PM, GreeenMachine wrote: Funny..because I'm 17. Look, it's not that I don't want the MP4 player. I just don't like how it loads slowly. If it ran a bit better, I'd be fine with it.

then fix yo' damn internet

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-14 06:39:41

At 2/13/13 09:50 PM, shitposter wrote: flash oplayer is DICKS html5 master race

No sense of nostalgia at all? :O
I remember when there only was Flash Player. Good times..

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on flash player.. 2013-02-14 10:05:17

I like it. It works all fine to me.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature