00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,167 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-01 16:43:32

At 1/1/14 02:27 AM, Atlas wrote: I feel like this thread is mostly for hip hop on NG but I believe I was told once bringing up non-NG artists was cool as well. So anyone hear like Rizzle Kicks and/or Dizzee Rascal? I'm a fan of both but I must say Rizzle Kicks is a lot better.

Hmmn, I havnt heard of any of those guys. Just listened to Rizzle Kicks': "Down with the Trumpets" and Dizzee Rascal's: Bassline Junkie

Rizzle Kicks is a pretty dope artist. I like his style. MV was really good.

Dizzee Rascal.. lol, hes quite unique, though I do like his style as well. My favorite part of the music video was at the bar, lmaoo

Theyre both dope but I prefer Rizzle Kicks.

Ever heard of The Palmer Squares?

Over a modern type beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRD3hMRjUU

Over an old school beat (my favorite song from them): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaOAqEeats

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-01 17:16:34

At 1/1/14 04:43 PM, KleptoidKat wrote:
At 1/1/14 02:27 AM, Atlas wrote: I feel like this thread is mostly for hip hop on NG but I believe I was told once bringing up non-NG artists was cool as well. So anyone hear like Rizzle Kicks and/or Dizzee Rascal? I'm a fan of both but I must say Rizzle Kicks is a lot better.
Hmmn, I havnt heard of any of those guys. Just listened to Rizzle Kicks': "Down with the Trumpets" and Dizzee Rascal's: Bassline Junkie

Good choices.

Rizzle Kicks is a pretty dope artist. I like his style. MV was really good.

Dizzee Rascal.. lol, hes quite unique, though I do like his style as well. My favorite part of the music video was at the bar, lmaoo

Theyre both dope but I prefer Rizzle Kicks.

I prefer Rizzle Kicks as well.

Ever heard of The Palmer Squares?

Over a modern type beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRD3hMRjUU

This modern beat was okay but can't say I'm a huge fan of it.

Over an old school beat (my favorite song from them): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaOAqEeats

I liked this old school beat a lot better. Thanks for the recommendations!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-01 19:21:34

AWWWWW SHEEEIIIIIIIIT SONS!

Clabtrap Final battle is outn (Eye-Cue vs Teqneek); go listen and leave a vote for whoever you think took it!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-02 22:17:09

At 12/30/13 10:32 PM, KleptoidKat wrote:

Promethicus: I just DLd your mixtape, Ill let you know what I thought

- Qwaint

Thanks dude, im checking ur stuff out right now!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-04 16:48:42

new year new tape!

GDSK EVERYDAY Music - free downloadhttp://www.mediafire.com/?8kh2e2b3ok17lj0

there's the link, its almost twice as big as the last tape!

as for hip hop in general, ive been bumping FLATBUSH ZOMBIES they're good.
also DEATH GRIPS

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-04 21:42:52

At 1/4/14 04:48 PM, Promethicus wrote: new year new tape!

Congrats on the mixtape brutha, I hope you become famous and force my demo upon every labelhead you see.

You guys- Be sure to check out my latest songs AND the newly released Clabtrap Final Battle (which I'm in and is currently open for voting)! I've been dropping a ton of stuff lately and haven't been getting much feedback...

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-07 02:26:57

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-07 10:50:25

WELL, Clabtrap's over, back to this thread I suppose.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-07 10:56:25

Can't say I'm much of a fan of either. Rizzle Kicks strike me as hipster asshats (regardless of level of skill - haven't listened to enough to comment). Dizzee Rascal had some good early stuff, but it's pretty grime. As far as that goes I do like Dabbla (of LDZ - They have a free EP here) and Buggsy, and a couple of others but they don't spring to mind.

Anyone into other UK Hip Hop?
I think we have a pretty sick scene right now.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-18 13:29:56

bumping darkleaf right now

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-22 12:37:34

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-23 23:20:53

At 1/23/14 08:17 PM, Addict wrote: i was coming here expecting you folks to drop some trill bars

but nope i was disappointed

please come over to the rap battle thread in general so i can eat some of you guys alive

You've been on Newgrounds since 2007 and haven't uploaded a single track you troll.

Either way I know I got bars, suckadihhhhhhhh

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-01-25 11:47:00

At 1/23/14 11:44 PM, Addict wrote:
Just because I have no music on here doesn't mean I can't rap. That's like saying an artist cannot paint just because he has no canvas or materials. Your tracks you've uploaded on here blow hard btw.

POST SOMETHING YOU BIG FAT TERRIFIED PUSSY!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-04 19:39:43

Hey there guys. New arrival.

I'm looking to start out as a general rapper, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good setup for a recording mic and everything. What do all the rappers around here use in terms of vocal-recording hardware (oh, and software too)?

The equipment would go in a room which is a sort of isolated study away from the rest of the house, it's the most soundproofed part.

So yeah, beginner in the game asking for some advice on how to start out. If anyone could direct me to some actual products, then that would be ace. Please let me know if there is another more specific thread for discussion on audio equipment and stuff. Peace.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-07 00:14:41

At 2/4/14 07:39 PM, Dread-Fox wrote: Hey there guys. New arrival.

I'm looking to start out as a general rapper, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good setup for a recording mic and everything. What do all the rappers around here use in terms of vocal-recording hardware (oh, and software too)?

The equipment would go in a room which is a sort of isolated study away from the rest of the house, it's the most soundproofed part.

So yeah, beginner in the game asking for some advice on how to start out. If anyone could direct me to some actual products, then that would be ace. Please let me know if there is another more specific thread for discussion on audio equipment and stuff. Peace.

Welcome to the hip hop community homie! IBe suere to check some artists out and drop some reviews, and we'll return the favor with your uplaods. But anyway, back to the topic at hand,,,

I'm upgrading my laptop and mic soon, but I've been using a Blue Yeti USB mic. $100 at Best Buy a year ago, and you can probably find one cheap online nowadays. It's always been faithful to me, and I'd recommend it if you're tight on funds, yet want decent sound.

And I use Samplitude as my recording program. It's by Magix, and nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about when it gets brought up in conversation. But I love it and I hope I can transfer it over to my new laptop when I get it.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-07 01:03:00

Hey. Only just found this club. Glad it exists. Here's my debut single: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/565649
If ya could drop a listen or review that'd be great. When I got the time, I'll try and go through and check some of the other stuff.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-07 16:14:26

At 2/7/14 12:14 AM, Teqneek wrote:

Welcome to the hip hop community homie! IBe suere to check some artists out and drop some reviews, and we'll return the favor with your uplaods. But anyway, back to the topic at hand,,,

I'm upgrading my laptop and mic soon, but I've been using a Blue Yeti USB mic. $100 at Best Buy a year ago, and you can probably find one cheap online nowadays. It's always been faithful to me, and I'd recommend it if you're tight on funds, yet want decent sound.

And I use Samplitude as my recording program. It's by Magix, and nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about when it gets brought up in conversation. But I love it and I hope I can transfer it over to my new laptop when I get it.

Respect man, thanks a lot for the info. Until I can get my hands on some gear, I'll be certain to explore and comment on some tracks, the community here seems inviting and helpful.

I've been reading around and found out that the Blue Snowball is also a good USB mic for vocals. I can't honestly say that I've heard of Samplitude: most people on other sites and forums mainly point towards Audacity and Adobe Audition.

Thanks again, Teqneek.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-08 15:17:49

At 2/7/14 04:14 PM, Dread-Fox wrote:
At 2/7/14 12:14 AM, Teqneek wrote:

Respect man, thanks a lot for the info. Until I can get my hands on some gear, I'll be certain to explore and comment on some tracks, the community here seems inviting and helpful.

I've been reading around and found out that the Blue Snowball is also a good USB mic for vocals. I can't honestly say that I've heard of Samplitude: most people on other sites and forums mainly point towards Audacity and Adobe Audition.

Thanks again, Teqneek.

When you say that your study is the most sound proofed part, is it a 'dead' space? By this I mean, do you have anything lining the walls to stop your voice reverbing in an ugly way? That's what professional vocal booths do (the reason for them), to create the most controlled pure vocal sound. Because, as important as choosing a mic that suits you and your needs, its important to have a good space to record in. Many bedrooms will have ugly resonating frequencies if you just rap openly in them. And the more high end the microphone you get, the more likely this is to be picked up. There are cheap ways about this though (the internet is littered with pictures and advice on how to acoustically dampen an area). Studios will usually spend a lot on specially designed boards on walls to dampen a space. But some people recommend just coating areas in doonas. Big thick sweaty doonas. Like, you can make a dead space, by kinda draping it over your head, the mic and the mic stand. Or if you have a closet, you can place a mic inside, and line it with doonas. I've heard of some people going crazy layering rooms with blankets all over them walls.

Anyways. These links may help yeah.
This is a great Aus producer (worked with some of the best in US hip hop) showing how to make top acoustic boards with insulation foam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ufZbS_0Qc&list=UUS6ZpiVt-SZbBTjdVypPZwA&feature=c4-overview

This is a product that I haven't tried, but looks a cheapish, easy way to get a nice space.
https://www.vocalboothtogo.com/acoustic-and-soundproofing-products-vocal-booths/acoustic-%28sound%29-blankets-for-sound-absorption---producer%E2%80%99s-choice/large-sound-blankets-producers-choice-w-grommets.black-white/8-27#ja-pathway

If anyone has read this, felt I didn't explain that the best, please chip in. Sometimes I'm not quite right on the terminology.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-15 00:39:38

Imma be uploading tons of stuff on youtube in the next few weeks, so be on the lookout. Imma start with all my batshit crazy songs, such as Lotion and Doo Doo, * and of course- Black Moses.

And Milk Dud
And Flojay Simpson
And Flobama
And last but also least... DSnuts

Plus I won another contest and I'm deep into my upcoming album.
Hooray me.

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-02-19 02:54:23

Off an upcoming mixtape called CRY BABY. Just some raps where I bitch about things and stuff.
Here's the first track, more will be coming in time. I'm really focused on this side project me and two other emcees are working on.

Leave a review on the audio page please!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-03-03 23:41:18

So, from what I've heard around in the NGHH rumour pool, Teq will be hosting this year's CLAB. Any chance of a NG Sample Battle this year, Teq? We haven't had one since 2012....

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-03-09 17:19:38

anybody looking for a beat to use?

i'll upload my track later tonight.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-03-26 01:26:11

Hey yall, I've notice that there's a lot of Artists on this site. If you wanna talk about the music you like, then check out this page. All we do is talk about Hip-Hop, whether it's new or old. Feel free to join, and if you don't like it, I can just un-add you!
Hopefully I can be an active member of newgrounds as well! I'm homies with veteran, E.T (aka. Chalky White.) So Thanks yall!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealFlowDebates/

AMAZING HIP-HOP TALK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealFlowDebates/

JOIN NOW!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-03-26 15:56:00

I'll join in. I'm a fan, and a producer.(creator) I have one or two really old tracks on NG that are hip hop, some are electronic, some other. Haven't uploaded any new stuff in a year or more. Newer stuff is on the way, tho, once I get some verses recorded over it, and uploaded. I'm taking Audio Production at college at the moment to refine my skills.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-03-29 18:17:21

At 3/26/14 03:56 PM, WallofYawn wrote: I'll join in. I'm a fan, and a producer.(creator) I have one or two really old tracks on NG that are hip hop, some are electronic, some other. Haven't uploaded any new stuff in a year or more.

Thats awesome. Hope to see some your work bro

AMAZING HIP-HOP TALK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealFlowDebates/

JOIN NOW!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-04-01 06:36:05

omfg I FOUND MY HOMEE!!!, i belong here ladies and gentlemen XD glad im able to join you guys

Im vicious vice aka reddevilx and i was wondering how guys here feel about the song i made called cruel reality

if any more ppl would like to review it i would love u guys for forever XD i was blessed enough to have tom put it up on the front page last week and for that i am enternally grateful .... Ng has been my home since i was a kid this place is just too epic for me to stay lurking in the shadows for any more time XD

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-05-05 02:46:49

much love to all the new guys!
for real hip hop is universal like afrika bambatta said, i believe that. keep making and posting shit even if ur not sure about it!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-05-23 11:46:11

Hey people's. This is my debut EP. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I attempt to progress skillwise before I put anything else out. Also, I'm from Australia, so for the American's on here the accent may sound a bit weird, but hopefully that won't deter ya.
https://cautiouskieran.bandcamp.com/

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-05-23 16:12:30

I'm just asking out of curiosity:

For all the MCs and Producers out there, who are your inspirations?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-05-27 12:25:13

At 5/23/14 04:12 PM, CiviLies wrote: I'm just asking out of curiosity:

For all the MCs and Producers out there, who are your inspirations?

My Mum.
Intellectual pursuits.
Fucked shit I seen on the world news.
Wack rappers.

... It's not easy to pin done something specific, when it's all so broad and diverse. I try and keep it diverse musically, so that what I'm listening to or am inspired by never gets stale. In that sense, I like searching for fresh shit. Like artists on Stones Throw who are mad productive and creative, like Jonwayne and Homeboy Sandman. They are mad inspiring.