00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Emoticon Collab!

77,585 Views | 502 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 06:09:24

At 51 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: coming in fashionably late with 38

im cool like that

Sorry, Leggy, but Carrion already has claim on 38. You can pick from 2, 3, 8, 12, 22, 23, 28, 29, or 32 though!

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 06:56:03

At 44 minutes ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: Sorry, Leggy, but Carrion already has claim on 38. You can pick from 2, 3, 8, 12, 22, 23, 28, 29, or 32 though!

sorry i ment 32... like the mood smiley i posted.. dont know where i got 38 from X3

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 07:39:19

Oooh. can I have 23.

-warwicks on the prowl, aww fuck man I know i'm dead-

go to my ill named thread here.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 10:14:35

I'd like to be the boring one and take 1 if thats ok :).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 10:16:30

At 19 seconds ago, Decky wrote: I'd like to be the boring one and take 1 if thats ok :)

Sorry, i see it's gone so i'll take 8 :)

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 10:44:22

At 25 minutes ago, Decky wrote:
At 19 seconds ago, Decky wrote: I'd like to be the boring one and take 1 if thats ok :)
Sorry, i see it's gone so i'll take 8 :)

Done.

The Emoticon Collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 11:58:01

At 1 hour ago, test-object wrote: Done.

I don't think anyone else could have done that mood as much justice as you have...

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 12:07:34

I'll try 3. I need to get back into this whole art thing.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 12:14:12

That's fantastic, as usual!!

Everyone is doing such cool stuff... mine's looking retarded!

Damn you Luw for stealing my faic!! lol

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 16:07:12

At 3 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
That's fantastic, as usual!!

Everyone is doing such cool stuff... mine's looking retarded!
Damn you Luw for stealing my faic!! lol

We can talk about switching spots or something. I have two or three other candidates, that's why I said it is hard to decide for one. No prob for me.

And yeah Test, yours came out pretty really cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 19:04:08

At 8 hours ago, test-object wrote: Done.

Oh that is so cool.

And completely the wrong dimensions.

But so cool.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 19:47:27

At 20 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: list

HEY WHY IS MY NAME NOT ON YOUR LIST~!?!?!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-27 23:53:17

At 3 hours ago, J-qb wrote: HEY WHY IS MY NAME NOT ON YOUR LIST~!?!?!

BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP YET~!1!1!

At 6 hours ago, SnakeSkull wrote: I'm deciding between number 3 and 23.
23, my good man.

Neither of those are available, but good try. You can pick from 2, 12, 22, 28, and 29.

At 12 hours ago, test-object wrote: Done.

Beautiful! You used your emoticon very cleverly. I just saw carvings like these the other day at the art museum. Do you want to crop it to the right size? If you don't, I will, but I don't know what you prefer qualitywise or whatever, so I'll throw it back to you if you want to mess around with it a bit more. Great work, test!

At 10 hours ago, Amaranthus wrote: Done!

Wow, I like your idea of making it into a dragon! I can totally see that face in that context. Now, I'm afraid to say I don't think what you have currently submitted is super great, so I'mma ask you to try again. Know that I like your direction though, you're on the right track. My favourite part of it is the scales, the pattern they make is cool. If I were to make some suggestions, they would be: tighten up a lil' bit because it's kinda sloppy, use brighter colours/more contrast (unless your intention is to have it look foggy/diluded/washed out, in which case, perhaps make it seem a bit more deliberate), and maybe flesh out your idea a little more. I want to see more of this dragon and its setting, maybe redo it and add a background on it. Good luck!

There are only 5 slots left: 2, 12, 22, 28, and 29. . Also, I'm implementing a rule that if a user submits something that isn't up to the quality standard, and their 2nd attempt still isn't good enough, the spot will be reopened. Since I already told M-Maher and Ignxhll they should try again, they will get a 3rd attempt, but if their newest submissions do not pass, then their spots will be renounced and then other people can have a chance to participate.

Here is the newest list.
If the name is underlined, that means their entry is completed.
If the name is italicized, that means they are submitting their 2nd attempt.
1 - test-object
2 -
3 - monsterparty
4 - JackDGreatest
5 - ZaneZansorrow
6 - DweebyHawkeyes
7 - OutcastLabs
8 - Decky
9 - Flowers10
10 - Sockembop
11 - Spaghetti14
12 -
13 - Lucky
14 - MajesticBob
15 - CloudEater
16 - ZombieMonkey
17 - QQBistro
18 - Amaranthus
19 - BlackMist75
20 - Bilalz
21 - Aigis
22 -
23 - TheDragonBoy
24 - ReNaeNae
25 - Ashman
26 - MihaP
27 - M-Maher
28 -
29 -
30 - Kinsei01
31 - creepyboy
32 - LegolaSS
33 - Lintire
34 - Ignxhll
35 - jagondudo
36 - MasterMerol
37 - Luwano
38 - Captain Carrion
39 - StevRayBro
40 - lovingthedark

Whew, that post took a while.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 00:57:56

Simple. I went for a really simple concept. I just hope it's not too simple.

The Emoticon Collab!

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 02:04:08

At 28 minutes ago, MajesticBob wrote: Simple. I went for a really simple concept. I just hope it's not too simple.

Simplicity has its place, but I don't really think it works visually in this piece. The concept is nice, albeit a bit cliche. You get another shot though, make me proud Bob!

At 13 minutes ago, SnakeSkull wrote: You're makin' me bust out the number generator Mr.Pasta-Man.

Word.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 03:34:38

I'll take 28

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 11:15:29

At 9 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, MajesticBob wrote: Simple. I went for a really simple concept. I just hope it's not too simple.
Simplicity has its place, but I don't really think it works visually in this piece. The concept is nice, albeit a bit cliche. You get another shot though, make me proud Bob!

Meh. Who am I kidding? I won't be able to hit the quality your looking for. The other submissions show I'm way outclassed. Believe it or not, though it was a simple design, it really was me trying but i guess I'll just stick to crafting. I'm out.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 12:07:00

Awesome collab Spaghetti! I'm really liking the turnout. I'm not trying to be a douchebag here, but I'm thinking a little quality control would be great. But it's your collab so it's only a friendly suggestion, you don't have to actually do it. I guess too much quality control can in turn minimize the amount of participants so I think I can understand your point of view.

Good luck! I hope you win many awards with this collab.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 13:20:47

At 1 hour ago, Fifty-50 wrote: Awesome collab Spaghetti! I'm really liking the turnout. I'm not trying to be a douchebag here, but I'm thinking a little quality control would be great. But it's your collab so it's only a friendly suggestion, you don't have to actually do it. I guess too much quality control can in turn minimize the amount of participants so I think I can understand your point of view.

Good luck! I hope you win many awards with this collab.

I think Spagz was maintaining a good kind of quality control so far, dunno what you mean actually. Not every pic you see has been accepted if that is what confuses you. Talking about quality, why don't you join, Mr. Van Fiftyheimer?

seriously, be more active here again ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 13:45:55

At 21 minutes ago, Luwano wrote: I think Spagz was maintaining a good kind of quality control so far, dunno what you mean actually. Not every pic you see has been accepted if that is what confuses you. Talking about quality, why don't you join, Mr. Van Fiftyheimer?

seriously, be more active here again ^^

Oh sorry. I thought exactly what you said. In that case keep up the good work Sphag! I think I wouldn't be able to join anytime soon since I'm currently going through a lot these days. I still need to do some work so I can go to an art university and I still need to finish that project me and a friend are working on. So yeah. :P

I'll stand by the sidelines.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 18:23:16

At 1 day ago, Spaghetti14 wrote:

:It just seems like a doodle still, very rushed. You should take your time, you have plenty of time to think about concepts, make sure your craftsmanship is good quality, all that good stuff. You can do it, you just need to hone the power of patience!

Im a very loose artist its just how i roll i understand that it may not sit well with others and ill try to actually sit down and be more controlled about my lines and actually spend more time with my art.

anyhow the following image is not my final piece nor is it a submission piece however it is merely a derivative of your idea of personalization being incorporated within the art, that and a what if,

the what if being: "what if the emoticons were ranks or titles held by soldiers, the ranks ultimately determining the weapons the soldier uses and the style of armor he or she wears"

its an interesting idea though i doubt i could go through with it.

anyhow i have 2 other concepts that are waiting to be drawn up that ill do tomorrow, obviously to a greater standard.

The Emoticon Collab!

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-28 22:59:12

OK I lied, Here's my second and final attempt. Thanks to Kinsei for the tutorial.

The Emoticon Collab!

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 00:44:04

At 10 hours ago, MajesticBob wrote: Meh. Who am I kidding? I won't be able to hit the quality your looking for. The other submissions show I'm way outclassed. Believe it or not, though it was a simple design, it really was me trying but i guess I'll just stick to crafting. I'm out.
Here's my second and final attempt. Thanks to Kinsei for the tutorial.

I'm gonna reopen your spot then, but thanks for participating though!

At 3 hours ago, M-Maher wrote: Im a very loose artist its just how i roll i understand that it may not sit well with others and ill try to actually sit down and be more controlled about my lines and actually spend more time with my art.

I appreciate your effort and spirit, but I'm afraid that you aren't quite skilled enough yet to participate. Just keep practicing!

Here's the updated list for everyone's benefit. The open spots are now as follows:
2, 12, 14, 22, 27, 29

------------

1 - test-object
2 -
3 - monsterparty
4 - JackDGreatest
5 - ZaneZansorrow
6 - DweebyHawkeyes
7 - OutcastLabs
8 - Decky
9 - Flowers10
10 - Sockembop
11 - Spaghetti14
12 -
13 - Lucky
14 -
15 - CloudEater
16 - ZombieMonkey
17 - QQBistro
18 - Amaranthus
19 - BlackMist75
20 - Bilalz
21 - Aigis
22 -
23 - TheDragonBoy
24 - ReNaeNae
25 - Ashman
26 - MihaP
27 -
28 - Knocturne
29 -
30 - Kinsei01
31 - creepyboy
32 - LegolaSS
33 - Lintire
34 - Ignxhll
35 - jagondudo
36 - MasterMerol
37 - Luwano
38 - Captain Carrion
39 - StevRayBro
40 - lovingthedark

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 03:13:33

WIP. Trying to get the colours and shading down right. Having a bit of trouble.

The Emoticon Collab!

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 05:58:38

Im done with this.
looks like shit bro

The Emoticon Collab!

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 07:54:29

At 7 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: I appreciate your effort and spirit, but I'm afraid that you aren't quite skilled enough yet to participate. Just keep practicing!

I see, okay that's fine, i understand that my skills aren't to the standard you're looking for so ill step aside, I'm sure someone is better suited for the job and i wish everyone luck on their future endeavors relating to the collaboration.

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 08:31:34

At 7 hours ago, Spaghetti14 wrote: 2, 12, 14, 22, 27, 29

*sighs*
I'll take 2.
:)

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 14:28:38

Please may I join in with this collab, It will be my first submission I would like to do number 22, if this is alright I am intrigued by the showing of emotionless and simplicity. I know that there is a lot of trust that must be used since it is my first but I am sure I will be able to manage it with some help. I will post some of my art if that will help the chances but I need to get hold of a scanner to do this.

World Keeps On Turning.

BBS Signature

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-02-29 21:49:19

At 12 hours ago, Captain-Carrion wrote: Im done with this.
looks like shit bro

If you think it looks like shit, why are you submitting it? I'll accept it, just sayin' bro..

At 9 hours ago, Kashi wrote: *sighs*
I'll take 2.
)

Sweet deal, the deed is done.

At 10 hours ago, Amaranthus wrote: Good now Spags?

Overall, I don't think you're quite up to the quality standard, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to say no to you Amaranthus. Thank you for participating and trying again though, 'preciate it!

At 4 hours ago, DEADxLORD wrote: Please may I join in with this collab, It will be my first submission I would like to do number 22, if this is alright I am intrigued by the showing of emotionless and simplicity. I know that there is a lot of trust that must be used since it is my first but I am sure I will be able to manage it with some help. I will post some of my art if that will help the chances but I need to get hold of a scanner to do this.

Sure, you can have a shot at it :D

Here's the most recent list:
Open spots: 12, 14, 18, 27, 29

1 - test-object
2 - Kashi
3 - monsterparty
4 - JackDGreatest
5 - ZaneZansorrow
6 - DweebyHawkeyes
7 - OutcastLabs
8 - Decky
9 - Flowers10
10 - Sockembop
11 - Spaghetti14
12 -
13 - Lucky
14 -
15 - CloudEater
16 - ZombieMonkey
17 - QQBistro
18 -
19 - BlackMist75
20 - Bilalz
21 - Aigis
22 - DEADxLORD
23 - TheDragonBoy
24 - ReNaeNae
25 - Ashman
26 - MihaP
27 -
28 - Knocturne
29 -
30 - Kinsei01
31 - creepyboy
32 - LegolaSS
33 - Lintire
34 - Ignxhll
35 - jagondudo
36 - MasterMerol
37 - Luwano
38 - Captain Carrion
39 - StevRayBro
40 - lovingthedark

Response to The Emoticon Collab! 2012-03-01 00:18:59

Thanks for letting me join in with this collab its kinda an honor to be able to work with such established artists when I am not established my self.

I was just wondering if I am able to post updates on my art with out submitting. The main reason I want to do this is because I do not want to slow you guys down I would rather show you what I am doing and if it does not meet expectations you can get someone else on board.

World Keeps On Turning.

BBS Signature