00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,368 Views | 3,445 Replies

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-18 20:30:33

General discussion stuff goes in here yo.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-18 20:36:29

Love how I have a whole slew of haters and I've only been here two days. Cheers, y'all! See ya at the competition.

Much love,
XST@TYK

They say I've lost my marbles

But I got these beats

Bangin' out the back of my toy car

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-18 23:36:05

At 3 hours ago, BigRed wrote: General discussion stuff goes in here yo.

DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA DRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMADRAMA

In a way I hate to do that because of spam etc.

But at the same time, fuck all y'all.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 04:25:34

that's the problem with people, they think that because people don't like them those people are haters. it's not that we are haters, you just suck.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 10:46:40

At 6 hours ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: that's the problem with people, they think that because people don't like them those people are haters. it's not that we are haters, you just suck.

The internal rhyme scheme in your hype track is cute, but it lacks content. Next time you rhyme 50 different words, make sure you add a shout-out to your rhyming dictionary, too.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 16:31:53

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 16:56:01

At 6 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 6 hours ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: that's the problem with people, they think that because people don't like them those people are haters. it's not that we are haters, you just suck.
The internal rhyme scheme in your hype track is cute, but it lacks content. Next time you rhyme 50 different words, make sure you add a shout-out to your rhyming dictionary, too.

you want content listen to my real music, why would I waste time on a hype track my man? just understand that as far as vocal presence, flow and rhyme scheme ability i trump you in all forms and I will not be out voted.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 17:00:47

At 3 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote:
why would I waste time on a hype track my man?

I agree.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 17:07:33

At 8 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: you want content listen to my real music, why would I waste time on a hype track my man? just understand that as far as vocal presence, flow and rhyme scheme ability i trump you in all forms and I will not be out voted.

You fail to impress, you fail to intimidate, and your lack of talent will be your downfall.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 17:12:20

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 17:57:32

At 44 minutes ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: you want content listen to my real music, why would I waste time on a hype track my man? just understand that as far as vocal presence, flow and rhyme scheme ability i trump you in all forms and I will not be out voted.
You fail to impress, you fail to intimidate, and your lack of talent will be your downfall.

It's becoming less amusing, I'm serious when I ask if you are aware that you suck? do you know? You are genuinely lucky big red has no criteria for hype track submissions, don't be surprised when you are paired up with a better artist in hopes you are ejected in the first round.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:10:42

CLABTRAP.com Competition Page

If anyone notices anything weird on there let me know. Otherwise, now begins my publicity efforts :)

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:18:20

At 6 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP.com Competition Page

If anyone notices anything weird on there let me know. Otherwise, now begins my publicity efforts :)

looks good but quick question what does clabtrap even mean?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:20:21

At 1 hour ago, SoundGoodizer wrote:
It's becoming less amusing, I'm serious when I ask if you are aware that you suck? do you know? You are genuinely lucky big red has no criteria for hype track submissions, don't be surprised when you are paired up with a better artist in hopes you are ejected in the first round.

I'm surprised people like you are allowed to graduate from high school. Don't they have some sort of minimum requirement for being able to use the English language?

Oops, you're from Texas, so I guess not. When you lose, you can buy me a burrito. I love Tex-Mex.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:21:00

At A few seconds ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: looks good but quick question what does clabtrap even mean?

Short for Collaborative Rap, a play on the word claptrap.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:22:35

At 15 seconds ago, BigRed wrote: Short for Collaborative Rap, a play on the word claptrap.

(you have to make up words these days to get your site at the top of Google results)

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 19:30:45

At 6 minutes ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1 hour ago, SoundGoodizer wrote:
I'm surprised people like you are allowed to graduate from high school. Don't they have some sort of minimum requirement for being able to use the English language?

Oops, you're from Texas, so I guess not. When you lose, you can buy me a burrito. I love Tex-Mex.

I went to re-listen to your hype track to make sure you were the garbage British juggalo sounding rapper, you were. So after discovering that was indeed you, I feel no need to respond to you any more until the competition begins.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 20:29:12

At 1 hour ago, BigRed wrote: CLABTRAP.com Competition Page

Sexy.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 20:34:01

Fuck, I should have asked this in the last post instead of some stupid one word post meaning I have to do two.

My bad.

Anyway, Red, how long does the voting stay open for after the battle's finished?

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 21:43:28

At 1 hour ago, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Fuck, I should have asked this in the last post instead of some stupid one word post meaning I have to do two.

My bad.

Anyway, Red, how long does the voting stay open for after the battle's finished?

Usually a couple of days after the last track is submitted. I move things along as quick as I can, and there are generally two weeks between when a round is announced and when the winners are declared.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:07:38

At 2 hours ago, BigRed wrote:
At A few seconds ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: looks good but quick question what does clabtrap even mean?

In Korean, Clabtrap is slang for bullshit/nonsense...

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:14:36

At A few seconds ago, MickeyMao wrote:
At 2 hours ago, BigRed wrote:
In Korean, Clabtrap is slang for bullshit/nonsense...

그건 ë»" ë»" ìS¤ëY¬ìs´ ê±°ì§"ë§

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:16:49

Apparently Newgrounds loses its shit when you paste Korean text in here.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:26:34

In Korean it's pronounced CrabTrap

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:51:53

At 23 minutes ago, BigRed wrote: In Korean it's pronounced CrabTrap

/funny

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:56:01

At 2 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote: /funny

You are a gaping hole of negative.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 22:59:26

At 1 minute ago, BigRed wrote:

only for the shock value, I am in no way actually this terrible.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 23:11:20

At 9 minutes ago, SoundGoodizer wrote:
At 1 minute ago, BigRed wrote:
only for the shock value, I am in no way actually this terrible.

True story. SoundGoodizer once saved a flaming box of kittens from the back alley of a Burger King.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-02-19 23:22:27

At 9 minutes ago, MickeyMao wrote: True story. SoundGoodizer once saved a flaming box of kittens from the back alley of a Burger King.

Ya, and that was supposed to be somebody's Whopper.

~Mike~