00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

minecraft ripof again

4,335 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 14:58:15

wow look at this shitty minecraft rip-of. I bet notch is furious george right now

what do you guys think vg forums?

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:00:43

Looks twice as good as anything Notch or Jeb could ever hope to do. The graphics aren't pukeworthy, it looks like it has actually good combat, something to do outside of just building shit, an actual leveling system, etc, and it's not even out yet.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:04:54

So what, that's how the industry works. Someone comes up with a profitable idea and other people are going to copy it, but with their own twist. That's how genres are created and that's how they evolve. If Mojang was the only company allowed to make games that revolve around building then the genre would stagnate. If someone can take the reigns and do a better job than let's give them a shot to prove themselves.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:18:53

Man, I just found a game that TOTALLY rips off Infiniminer! WTF?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:19:05

At 2/4/12 03:16 PM, Crink wrote:
2) cube world dev was hired by mojang so if anything it's a minecraft sequel

(kind of) incorrect. He was hired by mojang, but after he started development on CubeWorld. Notch said that the developer is still developing CubeWorld independently, but really I have no reason to believe that.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:24:07

Ripoffs aren't suppose to look better then they game they're supposedly copying. I'd definitely played this if given the chance.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:35:22

This looks infinitely better than ShitCraft. You can actually do things in Cube World.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 15:48:51

Calling Cubeworld a Minecraft ripoff is like calling all the NES platformers Super Mario Bros ripoffs.

I see the 3D cube style as a new genre of game, and see more of them in the future.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:25:25

Heard of his game way before, and it looks much more fun.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:26:09

Oh no someone has a game where things are made out of cubes, must be ripping off Minecraft!
That game looks nothing like Minecraft gameplay-wise. It's just made out of fucking cubes, that looks like the only similarity between the two games.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:29:18

This looks better than Minecraft. It's not in that cancerous first person perspective.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:30:33

Reminds me of how people called FPS games "Doom rip-offs", even though Doom wasn't the first FPS.

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:43:52

I'm sick of this "This game is similar to this, therefore rip-off" bullshit. Minecraft brought forth a new genre, and other developers are trying to join that genre.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:44:50

At 2/4/12 04:29 PM, Chdonga wrote: This looks better than Minecraft. It's not in that cancerous first person perspective.

After actually watching it, it's better for more than that reason. The monsters are more than blocks with legs, you can customize the weapons a lot. And it looks like there is much more to do than build obscure things with it.

I really anticipate this game being made.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 16:44:59

Not only does this look amazing ,it looks like you could get more out of the gameplay compared to MineCraft. It's a little more on the vaine of Zelda or any other adventure game.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 17:20:48

If anything, this game resembles 3D Dot Game Heroes mroe than minecraft.

The art style, the combat, the making of weapons and characters pixel by pixel, this game looks much more like Cubeworld than Minecraft.

Admittedly, 3D dot game Heroes was called a Zelda ripoff (it even had chicken murdering and an annoying water
"sancutary").

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 17:38:48

Actually it looks more like a 3D rip of Terraria to me... and actually, this looks like a lot more fun than both Minecraft and Terraria... I might have to look into getting it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 17:40:28

That isn't a rip off. Sure, the world generation (I'm assuming, at least, it's randomly generated) and basic style is the same, but that seems to be about it. It's like saying Counter-Strike was a rip-off of Half-Life because it used the same engine.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 20:27:42

that's not a ripoff. Get your shit straight.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-04 21:48:46

#1) Voxels have been around for a while.
#2) Notch wasn't the first person to create a "cube" world, he merely got lucky and was the first to really popularize the idea.
#3) Notch borrowed the idea from Infiniminer and through feedback developed it into what we know as Minecraft today.
#4) If ideas were restricted to the "most popular" companies/people to use them (or most recognized), the world would have fewer things(especially when it comes to video games). Imagine if the first company to make a first person shooter was the only company allowed to make it, that would be fucking stupid.
#5) Cube World, for the most part, is nothing like Minecraft. It doesn't involve digging/building(at least in the way Minecraft implements it) it's mostly an RPG with experience, quests, etc etc.
#6) Notch hired one of the devs from Cube World to work on a "secret" project of he's, something tells me he isn't mad.
#7) Always end your points on an odd number, it makes people feel vierd.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 01:46:00

I'm really looking forward to this now. Looks awesome.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 02:36:17

There's no such thing as an original idea. There are only concepts which are adapted and built upon.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 02:44:58

At 2/4/12 05:20 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: If anything, this game resembles 3D Dot Game Heroes mroe than minecraft.

That's what I thought too when the weapon creation thing popped up. Best of both worlds I guess.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 05:16:50

This will henceforth be called Minecraft 3.0!

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 11:00:05

I have a feeling OP was just trying to have a little troll. But if not, then that isn't really a rip off. It's just got some similarities, namely in the design, but that's it really.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 11:13:40

So it uses blocks for it's artistic design...

It uses dungeons and monsters, so it's blatently ripping off of dungeons and dragons.

It looks like minecraft, with no focus on pissing about with blocks to build shit, and instead has decent combat system and character advancement.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-05 14:28:06

I think Minecraft didn't ACTUALLY invent cubes.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-08 01:44:17

Oh c'mon, I honestly think this is even better than Minecraft right now. An actual combat system, and RPG elements.

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-08 03:48:04

At 2 days ago, Snuff wrote: I have a feeling OP was just trying to have a little troll. But if not, then that isn't really a rip off. It's just got some similarities, namely in the design, but that's it really.

I am inclined to agree with you. You see, he still cannot articulate why that is a Minecraft ripoff. Or maybe we should just say that we need a Minecraft 3.0.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to minecraft ripof again 2012-02-08 06:39:25

Minecraft is kinda gay imo.
I like the minecraft movies on NG though.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{