00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Launch Imminent

44,823 Views | 260 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:55:58

We're still barreling towards the anticipated redesign launch on Monday - wish everyone luck! Once the site goes down it will remain down for several to many hours. During that time, we'll have a fun placeholder page by Luis, with much more to see and do than that old tank welding page.

When the redesign finally does arrive, there's always the chance NG will totally crash. If that happens, please be patient with us while things get fixed.

Also if the change is a total shock to your system and you go into a panic, remember we are a small group of sensitive human beings so try to be polite. If you don't like something, come up with a constructive way to explain why you don't like it and what you would prefer to see instead. We intend to rapidly iterate with improvements after launch; no more three year redesigns for the rest of this decade... I hope. We also have our own massive list of post-launch tweaks and improvements that were set aside to avoid scope-creep.

Other than that... Hope everyone loves it! I'll make a launch post that tries to explain as much as possible. I probably should have written that by now.

Various News:

Aigis is organizing Comic Jam 2 for all you artists out there who want to participate!

Chronamut has announced a February Audio Contest with a theme of love. Also check out the January winners from the FUNK themed competition.

Bryce Milburn is raising money for a new cartoon series! It involves Tomamoto and Joe Lo Truglio from Superbad and Reno 911. Check out his post for more info and help if you can on his Kickstarter.

Kempt is organizing a game jam in Margate (UK, Kent) on the weekend of February 18-19th. If you're near there, check out his post!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:57:44

Looking forward to it!

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:57:45

Radicool.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:57:57

I came.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:59:05

Hell yeah!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:59:20

Ya, let's hope for a better Audio Portal. :)

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 11:59:42

I suggest you block ZJ from pm'in on Monday. He already claimed he already compiled a horde of pm's to send out.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:01:11

"Some account type thingy here" never got any love.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:05:48

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:06:00

I already hate it you all suck learn to web design

I'm probably gonna fucking love it

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:08:14

Awesome, nice one Dude, looking forward to it.

Though with that said, and this might be a totally stupid and contradictory question but; why are you redesigning the site? For years I've seen people reply to each one of your news posts with "When's the site redesign coming out" regardless of the topic you're discussing and I'm thinking "Why, what's wrong with the current one?".

I might have missed it somewhere but what's the reason behind the redesign? Time for a change or what?

Genuine interest, not being a douche. Well I am a douche but I mean I'm not trying to be one here.

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:08:15

GOOD LUCK NG TEAM!

I can't wait to see how you revamped the systems! Im sure there will be much discussion, but knowing you guys there, hopefully, shouldn't be TOO many problems haha.

I can't wait to see it! I'm pretty pumped to see how everything changes, along with the audio portal!

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:14:29

Nice! I'm sure it will be awesome.

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:19:05

Here's hoping the literature portal will finally open.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:22:58

I'm looking forward to seeing what this page is going to be. I'm sure everything else will be cool as well.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:23:00

Hope the voting system gets changed. :'D

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:28:35

Well good luck to you Tom, I hope the launch goes well for you, we don't need another "challenger launch" like I have seen with so many other site redesigns. And I order you to buy a nice bottle of champagne (not too expensive) and share it with your team at the official launch... for good luck.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:33:19

Will it be better than Geocities?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:34:41

Now we have to find something small and insignificant to miss like Tank_sm :P

I can't wait for the redesign. I feel like I'm a kid at Christmas waiting to open his gifts. (and I can't even shale the box, or carefully undo the wrapping just enough to sneak a peak when other are sleeping. :C )

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:37:45

I'm super psyched, hope i'm back from school in time to see it's opening moments!

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:39:16

Holy crap, you mean the redesign actually exists? All this time I though it was an urban legend, like Bigfoot, or Bono. I guess on Monday I'll find out whether I get to like the new design, or write incessant emo hatemail about it while relenting and using it anyway until I get used to it and it no longer matters what I originally thought of it, rendering my impotent cries out outrage both moot and stupid.

Really though, I'm looking forward to it. Newgrounds is run by a talented group of individuals, and I know that you wouldn't launch a new design unless you were happy with it and felt that it was an overall improvement over what we have now. Dramatic changes always take some getting used to, so that's absolutely to be expected, and I'll see you in the future.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:39:43

Let's see how this so much anticipated redesign turns out to be.

Good thing I don't have anything to submit right now XD

and I reeeally hope I won't lose any data here.

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:40:56

OMG CAN'T WAIT

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:42:47

Will there be a link to the placeholder site thing so we can still see it if we're not able to be in front of a computer when the redesign is happening?

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:47:49

i hope NG dont change to much

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:51:05

Great.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:51:41

At 2/4/12 12:34 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Now we have to find something small and insignificant to miss like Tank_sm :P

Also I pray there won't be 1,000,000 Redesign topics filling the BBS like last time.

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:52:28

I saw that countdown timer yesterday and I was like awwww shieeeet. can't wait man.

Find a mountain to stand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:52:55

Can't wait to see it!

Response to Launch Imminent 2012-02-04 12:57:30

Like I said in the redesign collab thread, shooulddd beee a a a shhhitttt shooowwwwww!