00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best single player game ever played

6,473 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 00:09:48

Also worth mentioning is:

Halo 3

Protoype

Hulk Ultimate destruction

Spiderman 2

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 01:54:01

At 1/19/12 03:28 PM, Jackho wrote:
why? cuz i wannna expand my games collection for xbox 360 :)
Oh. Good job reading the thread before replying guys.

Well, he did ask what was the best single player game you've EVER played before mentioning that he wants to expand his collection for the 360, he COULD have been much clearer about that, but w/e.

For the 360, games which I particularly played for a while and lasted me long were:

-Red Dead Redemption, I liked this game a lot, the missions were interesting and I enjoyed the story as well. John Marston was an interesting character as well. This game should last you a while.

-Bioshock, this game has an interesting story that pulls you in, good gameplay mechanics, I enjoyed it a lot. There's a lot of stuff to do, and lot of secrets to find.

-Fable 2, I have mixed feelings about this game. Sometimes I love it and other times I say it sucks. It's a good game but with some bad aspects, I always feel slightly disappointed because of it's differences from the first one, but once I start playing it I can't stop. Again, lots of shit to do.

-Skyrim and Oblivion, these two have to be mentioned. They both have similar style of gameplay, with hack n slash, firing spells or arrows depending on what you choose to use in the game. There's a huge map to explore, great character customization and plenty of quests to take your time. Skyrim has an easier to get into style, with an easier system to level up, while Oblivion's system is annoying but way more complex.

But between Skyrim and Oblivion, Oblivion had much better replay value, since making characters with different races actually felt different, while in Skyrim they're all the same basically except for their skills. Also, the game always feels the same to me, when I made a new character it felt like a chore to redo the quests I had already done. I don't know why, in Oblivion it was sort of different.

-Forza 4 if you're into racing, but you'll get pretty bored of it if you have no friends to play with at least in split screen. But there's hundreds of cars to choose from, you can paint various different styles to customize them all, there's a lot of stuff to do with your car.

There's more games I'd like to mention but I'm really tired right now...

xD
Never do that again.

Aye.

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 03:41:37

At 1/25/12 12:09 AM, II2none wrote: Also worth mentioning is:

Halo 3

Protoype

Hulk Ultimate destruction

Spiderman 2

ape escape

Kingdom hearts

Kingdom hearts 2

sonic unleashed (xbox/ps3 versions only)

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 07:35:57

At 1/24/12 09:56 PM, II2none wrote: No and according to the you tube comments it hasn't even been released yet. It does look cool though.

Oh, that's odd. It's been so long since it was announced.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 12:40:50

At 1/19/12 02:50 PM, Dapper wrote: Hurrr kids these days don't know gaming I'm so superior because I used to have an N64 and I don't give anything a chance hurr

Delayed response but I may as well defend what I meant. Don't really care if anyone acknowledges it, but I'd like to get it off my chest.

At no point in my earlier post did I claim that all modern games were bad. I implied that the person who finds AC2 to be the "best singleplayer game ever" is a good representation of kids this generation. Meaning, I don't think they understand what a good game is.

AC2 has a decent enough story, I'll give it that. It's original and has fluid parkour mechanics. That said, everything else about the game is garbage. It's painfully easy. The greatest game ever needs to be the whole package -- not just some interactive movie with one good thing going for it.

Inb4 "hurrrdurr opinions," it's my opinion on an opinion.

There's no doubt in my mind that modern games have taken the "casual" route to appeal to everyone. Normal difficulty has become the new hardest difficulty. Regenerating health plagues every game. Streamlined RPGs have become so unlike a traditional RPG that you may as well just call them action games.

I'm not blinded by nostalgia, I'm just stating the facts. I'm honestly having more fun playing BG2, NWN and Deus Ex for the first time than I've had with my 360 in years.

tldr; my favorite single player games for 360 are ME1, COD4 (hardest difficulty tho), and Bioshock (vita-chambers turned off)

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 22:46:50

Diablo II, Assassin's Creed series, Final Fantasy series and Metal Gear

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-25 23:09:52

Either TES IV: Oblivion or Skyrim, two very amazing games that you can sink hundreds of hours into and not see everything.

Also, Dragon Age: Origins is simply fantastic for tactic-based RPG combat, but Dragon Age 2 sucks so make sure to avoid it like the plague.

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-27 09:42:47

yes

Wade Fulp replying to me = greatest day of my life

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-27 11:27:02

Interchangeably, mine are Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Huge worlds stemming from an even bigger hub world with tons of things to collect and do in each one.

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-27 12:05:35

As far as my opinion is concerned I believe some of the best Single player experiance would have to be of a quality that feels timeless even if the visuals hadn't age well since when it was released. I remember spending a lot of time with these games without feeling bored or to Tedious
Spyro the Dragon
Yoshi's island
DKC Series
Chrono trigger
Final fantasy for snes in the following order 5>6>4
FF 7

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-28 10:36:28

At 1/19/12 12:47 PM, illuminate wrote: I can't believe I'll be the first to mention Final Fantasy 7.

Now you're talking!

Gamers Unite!

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-28 11:01:01

The single most best game I've ever played on the Xbox360 would be Fallout New Vegas. I liked Fallout 3, but it was based in Washington DC, whereas New Vegas was based all the way in the desert in Las Vegas.

Reasons why I prefer Fallout New Vegas to Fallout 3 and why it's my favourite game:

- Better setting (desert)
- Good graphics and world map/good design
- More selections of clans to join and work for
- More towns and settlements
- Different variety of weapons
- New weapons and perks
- Seemed like there was more people and more things to do/less lonely
- New enemies

Okay. Some of the things I listed were opinions or preference, but overall it is better than its predecessor. Oh yeah, another thing that makes it really good is the character customization too.

Neo Classical Shredder

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-28 23:18:08

Easily any pokemon games preferably the early ones. they reached out to all age groups truly making it a game in the charts

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-29 00:45:41

At 1/27/12 09:42 AM, s0und wrote: yes

What the hell is this?

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-29 04:39:44

Super Mario 64 is and always will be my favorite single-player video gaming experience.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-29 04:59:14

Pretty much the whole Zelda series, especially OOT.

Also Metroid Prime, GTA SA, and I could name a few others that'd probably count as multiplayer games that I typically still play alone on.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 11:55:48

Super Ghouls N' Ghosts

Be prepared to get pwned by a Real video game. Don't even try to look for a difficulty setting.

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 14:31:49

Alan Wake, that game may have had repetitive gameplay, but the story was so darn good I want to play through it again. I even bought the DLC, but sadly, it was only an hour long. IDC though, it was totally worth it =D

Hey, gotta calm down there Chuck

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 15:28:24

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 17:52:45

At 1/19/12 12:47 PM, illuminate wrote: I can't believe I'll be the first to mention Final Fantasy 7.

I'll second this. Definitely one of the best RPG games ever made. Great game mechanics and a very colorful and captivating storyline.

Although, Final Fantasy 8 was amazing as well. It'd have to be a toss up between these two games for me.

At 1/30/12 04:49 PM, Travis wrote:
At 1/20/12 06:13 PM, kiljoy96 wrote: Where are your facts to back up your claims? You say there are many great old games and many great games today, yet you give no examples. Why is that, exactly?
I'll answer this just for the fun of it.

Examples of GREAT GAMES

Older Games (Previous Console Generations)

Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Parasite Eve
Vagrant Story
Chrono Trigger
The Legend of Zelda Link To The Past
The Legend of Zelda The Adventure of Link

Newer Games (This generation)

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Dante's Inferno
God of War
Mortal Kombat
Castle Crashers

You want me to go on? Lol.

Fantastic list. Let me continue for you:
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Contra
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Dreamland
Secret of Mana
...I can keep this up all day.

Little kids know nothing of the classics

They must be educated.

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 18:10:22

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
A Lin To The Past
Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
Oblivion
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Skate
Half Life 2
Super Mario 64
Ghost Recon: Modern Warfare
Mario Galaxy
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Resident Evil 4
Mass Effect 1,2
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay
Goldeneye 64

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 18:37:31

Metal gear solid 4 is one of the best single player experiences I've ever had.
Oh and sly cooper is jolly good fun.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-30 19:12:19

Deus Ex
Ocarina of Time
Half Life 1 and 2
Zelda: Alttp
Metal Gear Solid 1
Donkey Kong
Duke Nukem
Medal of Honor 1 and 2 (PSX)
Call of Duty 1
Doom 1

You'll never forget these once you've played them

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Best single player game ever played 2012-01-31 07:51:56

Forgot about Super Mario World & 64, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Twillight Princess.
Now i'm thinking about it, i want to replay half of my list again xD

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature