00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My SOPA Post

100,270 Views | 360 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 00:48:50

UHHH i looovveee you sopa!!! support sopa full on man ERRR i mean dont support sopa what will i do without newgrounds fk u sopa you can suck my dick ahahahahaha

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 01:07:33

What we really need to do is get this protest noticed by more than just the internet savvy folks. If you've watched any of the news stations for the whole time that SOPA has been a major problem, NOT ONE SINGLE bit of it was talked about on the television. Many people of the older generations probably aren't even aware of this dangerous bill because they don't venture too far into the interwebs save for their e-mail, facebook and possibly twitter or youtube.

How much more support do you think we'll generate for the Anti-SOPA/PIPA movements if it was actually broadcast and explained to its fullest extent? A lot of the people who will be greatly affected by this bill probably can't even vote yet, so they wouldn't even be able to vote out those who are in support of this, and thousands more will undoubtedly lose their jobs and possibly go to jail because of their involvement with the internet. Heck even good-meaning grandparents could get thrown in jail because they were sending/passing on stuff that they probably didn't know was copyrighted. If need be, we need to force this onto the local news stations across this nation. People need, (and have a right) to be informed, especially if it's going to indirectly affect them.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 01:47:11

At 1/17/12 08:31 PM, Shanejaya wrote: Sometimes, the government gets stupid.

Even in California.
Like how their breaking up the rule in the Second Amendments.
And for SOPA, that's breaking a rule in the Constitution!

The government has laws/Constitutions just to break them. There the government they can do whatever the hell they want, which is why SOPA is coming around.
SOPA is bullshit though, it needs to be immediately destroyed.
Also the part where websites can be taken down because of just one small pictur WITHOUT FAIR TRIAL is the leading example of how much they dont care about constitutional rights.

DOWN WITH SOPA!! BLACKOUT IN PROTEST

My SOPA Post

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 06:29:14

Newgrounds is up today? Booooo.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 20:10:17

I have a but 1 question.... If the bill does pass, will we ever see newgrounds again?

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 20:16:57

At 1/18/12 08:10 PM, Shanejaya wrote: I have a but 1 question.... If the bill does pass, will we ever see newgrounds again?

sure!
as far as i remember, the supreme court has the final word regarding the constitution.
just like marbury v. madison, judicial review will take sopa by the throat.
also, i dont think that this will look good for obama next election, anyway.

HAH HAH!!!! fish heads.

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 20:28:04

VIVA LA TOM FULP

VIVA LA NEWGROUNDS

LONG LIVE TOM FULP

LONG LIVE NEWGROUNDS

FUCK U S.O.P.A.

DEATH TO S.O.P.A.

[End]

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 20:51:37

C'mon man. It's fine to rip on our government.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 20:55:50

Our government is being retarded thinking that this internet would do something for economy if they just soundly went on and passed this mother fucking law and making us in the US suffer for their most retarded mistakes they have made.

We are the people and we have something to tell those mother fuckers sitting on their fat asses talking shit and all I hear most of the time is the sound of SHIT rolling out of their mouths and the sound of the dumb asses smacking their fat cunt lips off their candy asses.

WE the people will have to say what goes on around here or the fucking government will have a real problem to deal with those dumb mother fuckers!

t(-__-)t

My SOPA Post

YEEHYEEH

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 21:32:00

Goddamnit Obama, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NOW?

Next thing you know, he's going to make himself Supreme Being of the Confederacy of the All-Powerful American Lands

Crazy motherfucker is off his chain, if this bill passes I might just do things to politicians that religious people would consider immoral.

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 21:56:30

the petitions are a amazing idea to the contrary the black out was super effective and is still getting steam fantastic but we must keep watching this bill

That guy

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-18 21:56:54

Why promote the wares of a massive consolidated industry when you can support individuals working alongside you on NG?

i nearly wanted to think about possibly crying.
i tried to make a facebook post this morning about having the creators of the websites that embody the meaning of what the internet is (it didnt post properly because my iphone was being shit)
i had a little list of people like Tom Fulp, and the creators of websites like youtube (original creators) google, myspace, facebook (think what you want but they created awesome platforms for sharing information) tumlr, 4chan and reddit.
these are the people that should be coming up with strategies to fairly protect copyright on the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 09:32:18

The Big Brother is coming.

Controling all. SOPA is attacking and fucking the freedom on Internet, and not ONLY in America.

Google and many services hosted in EUA would suffer with SOPA.

But this isn't the end.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 17:36:11

If SOPA passes, it'll ruin the Internet. If Newgrounds ends up ruined as well, then about half of my life is ruined.

There will be a LOT of pissed off people if this thing passes. I will be one of them.

You cannot kill me. After all, you can't kill what isn't alive.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 19:24:51

i dont think the government has the right to censor the internet. its completely unconstitutional.

BOOM!

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 20:37:54

Whelp,

The internet had a good run.

Guess its time to go do something else.

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 20:53:56

At 1/19/12 08:37 PM, REDSPADES wrote: Whelp,

No.... ITS NOT OVER..... Sopa Can go fuck itself.

VIVA LA TOM FULP

VIVA LA NEWGROUNDS

VIVA LA INTERNET FREEDOM!

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-19 20:57:03

At 1/19/12 08:53 PM, Shanejaya wrote:
At 1/19/12 08:37 PM, REDSPADES wrote: Whelp,

No.... ITS NOT OVER..... Sopa Can go fuck itself.

VIVA LA TOM FULP

VIVA LA NEWGROUNDS

VIVA LA INTERNET FREEDOM!

We can do this. Together, we can make a difference.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-21 12:33:41

If this passes, it will completely take our rights as American citizens away, even to those who never pirated or posted any illegal content on the web and all because some member posts a picture of copyrighted material causes these people to loose their websites! :(

BTW: How will SOPA and PIPA fix anything? People still can pirate without the web, what they gonna do about it? I used to be proud to be an American, but with this Government, I'm not even sure anymore! >:(

Kevin O'Ryan - WakianTech | DJ K-ManZ

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-21 15:05:05

SOPA is a load of B.S

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-21 23:06:17

At 1/21/12 02:22 AM, thdrkside wrote: You do all realize that SOPA and PIPA will pass, right? The government will do anything to control us, especially the new dictatorship our country has.

I recently heard that it might not pass and we have a chance.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-23 01:32:18

SOPA: Some Overpowered Political Assholes

My SOPA Post

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-23 11:54:47

SOPA=BUTTHURT INTERNET NEWBIES

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-24 00:36:17

Hey guys, just wanted to voice some logic in this thread of brainwashed medialovers.

Read the actual bill. Please. Stop believing some guys blog, stop believing the corporate (yes CORPORATE) propoganda that wants to stop SOPA.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c1 12:H.R.3261:

Your site could have hundreds of illegal posts and still be OK under SOPA. Why? because a complain-ee would have to convince the DOJ that the majority of your site is dedicated to promoting, enabling, or encouraging piracy.

The majority of newgrounds is legit. The majority of the piratebay is not.

The first section of the ACTUAL bill says that no part of the bill may be interpreted as corrosion of free speech or freedom of the press. Everyone yelling "WE ARE CHINA" is simply WRONG, and has taken the propoganda delivered to them at face value.

SEARCH FOR YOUR OWN FACTS PEOPLE

The NDAA:
This is a bill that gets passed EVERY YEAR
the ACTUAL bill (not what liberal media or blogs say) says that no part of it may be interpreted to apply to american citizens.

Want to disagree with me?
Game on. Go find an exact quote from the CURRENT LEGISLATION that says otherwise.
Until then you are simply regurgitating the stuff you read on the internet, because everything on the internet is true!

I don't mean to be an asshole, I also don't support SOPA (i love me some torrents). But the arguments made in opposition are completely idiotic.
Why does congress work against you all the time?
BECAUSE THEY READ THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS

It's funny. The people who call other people sheep are the ones who do not search for the truth.

F is for FOSHIZZLE watch hairypirates HERE

deviantart

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-25 21:28:13

Oney has already been threaten with jail for his parodies, will this have any effect of Newgrounds.com ? home of the parodies (and original stuff of course.)
2012 is coming fast boys, I have a feeling that if sopa and pipa win violence will follow......

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-26 20:23:56

but then I can't buy pizza over the Internet!
the phone's... so... far... away...
:c

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-26 20:29:48

quayquay17
^^^^^^^^^^ is the best dude ever, stop barfing the Webs

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-27 19:25:53

SOPA is currently being put on the shelf for now.

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-01-28 18:24:54

Lalalalalalal

SOPA

Lalalalalalal

ACTA

Lalalalalalal

PROTECT IP

Lalalalalalal

BBS Signature

Response to My SOPA Post 2012-02-03 18:42:37

Let me make this REALLY clear...

First of all, SOPA and PIPA are now gone, though we still have censorship topics to talk about because there's still more to come.

Secondly, there's a third bill called ACTA (Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement) which, again, goes against internet and sharing, and is yet another censoring bill.

Lastly, not only there's ACTA, but there's also HR 1981, the bill that's meant to eliminate internet privacy. And you know how nuts we can get without our nice, warm privacy, don't you? So we have to make yet another blackout. This time, by making sure we DON'T buy/download ANYTHING from entertainment such as movies, books, games, music, etc.

Our next blackout will begin in the first day of March, and instead of lasting a single day, IT WILL LAST THE WHOLE MONTH. We also need to rate down all movies from many movie websites (especially on Rotten Tomatoes) to prevent ANY crappy movie from being released on Bluray starting with Jim Carry's worst, most recent movie (it has to do with penguins).

Also, we have stop using Limewire, Bittorrent, uTorrent, any sharing software in order to protest more effectively.

In other news, I'll post some videos about this long lasting internet crisis:

Mike Mozart's response to the president:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBLuOelC 88&feature=g-u-u&

Message from Anonymous on not buying/downloading anything in protest against ACTA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWzRHnVbw 5I&

Know about ACTA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOOhccwY7 4Y&

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature