00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

IronBrandon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

League of Legends: 100% More Foxy!

27,420 Views | 184 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Alright losers, it's time for a League of Legends thread that hopefully won't go south after 2 pages.

What is League of Legends:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_L egends

It's a MOBA based off of the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3. It features 89 unique champions so far, and lore and story for each of them. Champions are unlocked through Influence Point which is gained through playing the game and Riot Points which you can buy. Influence points also unlock Runes to give your champions an edge and RP can unlock skins or more champions or extra game items. In the game you take a role of a summoner and you chose which champion to summon onto the Fields of Justice. Summoners Rift (5v5), Twisted Treeline (3v3) or The Crystal Scar (Dominion). As you level you gain masteries up to 30 and 30 rune slots.

There's also some extra lore which you can get a dose of in a minute if you really care: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJR2lBZs Oc

Important Links:
Where To Download, Play and Rage: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/
Their Very Own Wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RiotGamesInc
Guides, Fan-Creations and the Like: http://leaguecraft.com/
More Guides: http://www.solomid.net/

And with that, good luck on the Fields of Justice and remember, spin to win!

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 11:24:41

I've had this on my HDD for months upon months but never played it. Generally everything's fine, right through the launch, and then the moment I'm actually inside the map I get a sudden freezeup and have to tab out in order to continue using the computer. This is especially annoying as in the past month two good IRL friends have started playing the game and both talk about it a lot. Within a few months (whenever HDD prices drop, likely), I'll be building a new rig, and when I do I hope to successfully run this game and be able to join in the discussion here.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 11:40:59

At 12/18/11 11:24 AM, EmmDubya wrote: I've had this on my HDD for months upon months but never played it. Generally everything's fine, right through the launch, and then the moment I'm actually inside the map I get a sudden freezeup and have to tab out in order to continue using the computer. This is especially annoying as in the past month two good IRL friends have started playing the game and both talk about it a lot. Within a few months (whenever HDD prices drop, likely), I'll be building a new rig, and when I do I hope to successfully run this game and be able to join in the discussion here.

For a free to play game made by an mostly independent developer it requires quite a lot of power from your computer. My old computer couldn't play it whatsoever. But it was a pretty sluggish piece of shit to begin with. My current one, runs it just fine.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 12:23:47

At 12/18/11 11:40 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: For a free to play game made by an mostly independent developer it requires quite a lot of power from your computer.

This could well be the issue, as I was thinking that I may get a lot of FPS lag out of it before trying it out considering I'm on a beaten up old thing now which can run very few games, but the fact that it simply froze up and crashed the moment the game engine would be starting up (the main client was fine) made me think it could be some other kind of issue. At the time (maybe still), there was no documentation about this and nobody else seemed to be having similar issues that I could see, so I just moved on with it.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 12:31:33

League is pretty enjoyable except for the community who I sometime question is worse than the COD fan base. Anyway my best champion at the moment is Ashe since I'm still pretty new and I hope to get enough IP to unlock riven.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 12:31:52

Looks like a typical generic fantasy rpg to me.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 13:04:23

I played League way back when, but I had to stop a while back when I lost my computer. But I recently started playing again because god damn it I love this game.

I haven't had as much time as I want with this game, as such, I'm only level 17 on this new account of mine. I mostly main AD carry, although I keep trying to get into this new jungle.

Uh, that's all I can think to post now. I'll definitely be active in this thread for a while.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 13:04:29

At 12/18/11 12:31 PM, argile wrote: Looks like a typical generic fantasy rpg to me.

The setting isn't too different from many regular RPGs, however the DotA-inspired gameplay is actually quite different, although arguably the clickity-click aspect of it is comparable to that of Diablo, there's a far different feeling (this having a more cartoony atmosphere as opposed to the 'grimdark' feel Diablo had going for it) and this is and purely online.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 14:02:31

At 12/18/11 01:04 PM, EmmDubya wrote:
At 12/18/11 12:31 PM, argile wrote: Looks like a typical generic fantasy rpg to me.
The setting isn't too different from many regular RPGs, however the DotA-inspired gameplay is actually quite different, although arguably the clickity-click aspect of it is comparable to that of Diablo, there's a far different feeling (this having a more cartoony atmosphere as opposed to the 'grimdark' feel Diablo had going for it) and this is and purely online.

I did enjoy the gameplay of Diablo but i haven't played league of legends to completely know what the feel of the game is like and watching someone beside myself playing it would be pretty boring, would you say the whole aesthetic of it as a whole good by any chance?

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 14:15:44

At 12/18/11 02:02 PM, argile wrote: Would you say the whole aesthetic of it as a whole good by any chance?

I'd say the game has good aesthetics, although the graphics aren't too good. By that I mean I like the art style (some people compare it to TF2, which I can see, but I wouldn't use it myself), and the art seems to have a bit of thought put into it, however technically it's not incredible. The thing about the look of it that I don't like is that, I'm not sure why, I find it hard to focus on one particular thing when watching videos, but playing it myself would likely give me the experience needed to know that.

Also, one thing about it I've heard that is very negative is the fact that apparently there's only two maps, each for a different number of players. I think with all the new characters being added in patches and such, in addition to the skins, some of that developer effort should be put into making a more varied selection of maps for them to play on. That may be less cost-effective, however from what I've heard that's the largest shortfall I can think of.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 14:22:00

I love this game so much. Came when Nocturne was a new champ, been playing since. My name is Kman355 if anyone wants to add me. Im level 30.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-18 14:33:26

At 12/18/11 02:15 PM, EmmDubya wrote:
At 12/18/11 02:02 PM, argile wrote: Would you say the whole aesthetic of it as a whole good by any chance?
I'd say the game has good aesthetics, although the graphics aren't too good. By that I mean I like the art style (some people compare it to TF2, which I can see, but I wouldn't use it myself), and the art seems to have a bit of thought put into it, however technically it's not incredible. The thing about the look of it that I don't like is that, I'm not sure why, I find it hard to focus on one particular thing when watching videos, but playing it myself would likely give me the experience needed to know that.

Also, one thing about it I've heard that is very negative is the fact that apparently there's only two maps, each for a different number of players. I think with all the new characters being added in patches and such, in addition to the skins, some of that developer effort should be put into making a more varied selection of maps for them to play on. That may be less cost-effective, however from what I've heard that's the largest shortfall I can think of.

The graphics are actually kind of alright for a Free to play independant Mmorpg though i kind of think think that the art for it is a little to colorful and vibrant for my liking but that's what most video games are suppose to be not realistic.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-19 05:10:24

At 12/18/11 02:22 PM, kman355 wrote: I love this game so much. Came when Nocturne was a new champ, been playing since. My name is Kman355 if anyone wants to add me. Im level 30.

Also, probably a good idea to put my name into the collection pool aswell.

MattTheSpoonyKat

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-19 08:15:55

Failed at DotA? No worries! Play LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-19 12:49:17

At 12/19/11 08:15 AM, Jin wrote: Failed at DotA? No worries! Play LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-19 15:54:01

Figured i might add : I main DPS and Casters. Im bad at tanks, and i dont go on too often anymore, so if you want to add me, request me. I wont be requesting anyone.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-19 23:50:07

Hi!

I'm actually an engineer at Riot, so I'm totally in favor of having a good LoL thread.

"Indie" might not be the best descriptor anymore, as Riot and LoL seem to have become industry giants over the past year or so. We have a crazy amount of players (That infographic is probably already out of date). Heck, we're the only non-Korean game developer to have ever become a top 10 game in Korea other than Blizzard (Which they last did 7 years ago) and we haven't even been in open beta for a week there.

Oh, and my favorite champion is Fizz. Nothing feels better than executing a good trollpole.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-20 09:46:12

At 12/19/11 11:50 PM, Rage wrote: Hi!

I'm actually an engineer at Riot, so I'm totally in favor of having a good LoL thread.

Really? Could you perhaps provide some sort of proof for that? It's pretty cool if it's true.

If you can't, well hey I work there too yay

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-20 11:53:19

I'm one of the top players of LoL world wide. Ask me anything about the game idc

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-23 20:08:53

At 12/20/11 09:46 AM, Shmossy wrote:
Really? Could you perhaps provide some sort of proof for that? It's pretty cool if it's true.

I could, but I'm okay with you assuming I'm a liar if I don't have to give out information that would prove it. Maybe at a later time :p

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-24 13:52:00

So Rage, insider information bro. When are they getting rid of Dodge for good. ETA? When Viktor comes out?

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-28 08:35:15

At 12/24/11 01:52 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: So Rage, insider information bro. When are they getting rid of Dodge for good. ETA? When Viktor comes out?

And my Dodge Rune is no more so yay, it has arrived.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-29 08:53:32

I have been playing this game for about 3 months and am really enjoying it. Sure some of the comminity can be assholes at times but it is quite a fun game once you get into it. I play quite frequently so if anyone wants to have a game my name is LostHeretic and i am LVL 26 or 27 i can't remember.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2011-12-29 10:39:29

I like LoL, dispite being bad at it, if you ever need a feeder, let me know and I'll try and be on the other side! It's possibly because I don't play it very often but I remember playing against bots one time with a team of people and one of my team mates was raging at me, I finished the game better than him.

Fun game, I like the taunts and jokes they come up with, I often play as Sivir.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-01-01 01:30:05

got my first Quadra ever for in League, came in a PVP game where I was playing Katarina. I killed Miss Fortune, Lux, Blitzcrank and Leona with Death Lotus after a Shunpo. Teemo wasn't there... if he was, it could've been a penta.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-01-01 19:17:01

Quite literally the most intense/fun game I've every played. I got two quads (one should have been a penta, but w/e). I swear their inhib was down to almost no health 2 different times.

League of Legends: 100% More Foxy!

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-01-01 20:21:32

At 1/1/12 07:17 PM, xports wrote: inhib

And by inhib, I totally mean nexus.

BBS Signature

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-01-04 01:49:08

At 1/1/12 07:17 PM, xports wrote: Quite literally the most intense/fun game I've every played. I got two quads (one should have been a penta, but w/e). I swear their inhib was down to almost no health 2 different times.

Ohhhh, a fed Akali is a dangerous thing. I know from experience.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-02-08 03:49:15

And to resurrect this bitch, playing Ranked is a horrible horrible experience. Never do it alone.

Response to League of Legends: 100% More Foxy! 2012-02-08 10:30:26

Awesome, a thread on my favourite online game on my favourite site.

I play support for my team. Usually using Sona (or Janna)

Any supports here willing to share some trade secrets?