00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,563 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 06:58:25

i can't wait to see it finished, It's on a whole new level.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 11:33:54

At 12/7/11 06:58 AM, mega-supreme wrote: i can't wait to see it finished, It's on a whole new level.

thanx, bud it's gettin there. the base shadows are on, now on to the base highlights then i can finally start the background.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 15:14:59

now that i got the highlights in i can start on the background hopefully i don't mess the piece up with it. i'm working extremely hard on this one but any hopes of it being frontpage flew out the window with these boobs and seductive pose.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 17:19:04

At 12/7/11 03:14 PM, Ramatsu wrote: now that i got the highlights in i can start on the background hopefully i don't mess the piece up with it. i'm working extremely hard on this one but any hopes of it being frontpage flew out the window with these boobs and seductive pose.

It's looking great! But the lights on the rifle are bothering me, I think you're blurring them too much which makes it look a little weird. I actually liked it better in the picture you posted before.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 17:26:44

the background is still in abstract mode, using a relatively close technique that of ZaneZanSorrow which is what i was inspired from. helicopter was slightly referenced from this picture. also the brown orangy thingys are going to be buildings.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 19:15:21

At 12/7/11 05:19 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 12/7/11 03:14 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
It's looking great! But the lights on the rifle are bothering me, I think you're blurring them too much which makes it look a little weird. I actually liked it better in the picture you posted before.

you are totally right, I didn't notice you had posted something earlier I had to hurry up and post. I'll make it less weird looking in the finishing touches when I figure where I'm going to put a bunch of smoke and flames.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 20:35:10

At 12/7/11 05:26 PM, Ramatsu wrote: the background is still in abstract mode, using a relatively close technique that of ZaneZanSorrow which is what i was inspired from. helicopter was slightly referenced from this picture. also the brown orangy thingys are going to be buildings.

damn, those colors really make it pop! this is def. your best piece yet. my only recommendation is to not draw too much attention to the background. make it really detailed and everything, but maybe blur it slightly or use darker colors. you don't want the focus of the picture (IE, the pinup chick) to blend in to the background or be muddied out.

great work so far! looks like you're really taking your time on it.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 23:19:18

At 12/7/11 08:35 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
damn, those colors really make it pop! this is def. your best piece yet. my only recommendation is to not draw too much attention to the background. make it really detailed and everything, but maybe blur it slightly or use darker colors. you don't want the focus of the picture (IE, the pinup chick) to blend in to the background or be muddied out.

great work so far! looks like you're really taking your time on it.

Yeah i know lol, just the base colors probably won't be able to tell once i get all the darks and highlights in. oh yeah and fire and smoke also. now this part honestly it doesnt look like it's hours of work but this sure as hell took long(maybe because i were partly distracted). i'll try not to put much more WIPS of this piece.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-08 16:44:37

got some more details out there, lost some progress earlier but its not gonna get me down got some prime color for a few of the buildings down, and some more work done on the helicopter and such. had to post to keep going. and at the moment im debating of how i want the sky, ill figure it out.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-09 15:14:36

gettin there but still have alot of work to do, but i gotta run some errands... rage in a rush.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-10 22:36:55

well it's up in the Art Portal, just added a few things to it before i posted it. I pretty proud of the outcome, but now on to something new.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-10 23:25:20

At 12/10/11 10:36 PM, Ramatsu wrote: well it's up in the Art Portal, just added a few things to it before i posted it. I pretty proud of the outcome, but now on to something new.

You almost could have named the piece "Destruction and D-cups" lol.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-10 23:51:21

At 12/10/11 11:25 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
You almost could have named the piece "Destruction and D-cups" lol.

i was thinking more along the lines of guns and boobs= this (image below). Not allowed to have symbols in the title, or have a longer title. or else it would be something different. that is definately a good title though :) lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-11 00:04:09

At 12/10/11 11:51 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 12/10/11 11:25 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You almost could have named the piece "Destruction and D-cups" lol.
i was thinking more along the lines of guns and boobs= this (image below). Not allowed to have symbols in the title, or have a longer title. or else it would be something different. that is definately a good title though :) lol.

Well, remove the hyphen and just be "Destruction and D Cups".
Definitely a bit more catchy than what you currently have ;)

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-11 03:34:05

lol! i totally changed the title to that, but looking at the score it got would have totally broke my lil heart if i took that voting system seriously, hard work pay off? in some cases yes, but this not so much. people can just vote a 0 if they don't like the person. but as a head's up this next piece is going to be sketched out traditionally and colored digitally... honestly if i had money to blow i'd be doing a bunch of stuff traditionally but i don't all's i have is a pencil and some computer paper. and now my tablet which is better in ways such as keeping things organised and better money wise.

I don't know where i'm going with any of this but it's like 4 am i haven't slept at all, Damn! i am so random and out of place.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-11 03:36:39

i know what you mean dude. Me and deviantart have an understanding that I will be showered with praise as long as it's fan art.....lol

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-11 03:59:39

well , if you enjoy doing what you do just do it, when i start commissioning i'd be taking up almost anything ppl throw at me except no furries.. oh god i hate those, no chicks with dicks thats wtf man really? and possibly realism.. very tedious work, with a reference its the easiest "shift" ever i don't use references for shit, i rarely use them. besides the latest piece last time i used a reference was that big buff guy in my comic thread.

i think i should get some sleep im talking nonsense.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-11 13:40:29

At 12/11/11 03:34 AM, Ramatsu wrote: lol! i totally changed the title to that, but looking at the score it got would have totally broke my lil heart if i took that voting system seriously, hard work pay off? i

You got 2 reviews, both of them 10s. I wouldn't worry about the score ;)

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-12 03:11:06

some line art, i was inspired by this Piece and i also referenced it. This is an old character of mine, in a santa suit just for the holidays. i found out you can change the lines with a brush in the brush drop down window! this is an epic find for me!(that is also why the face is like that) this line work took me an hour and 45 min. I guess i can make this a WIP im liking the way its coming out.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-12 03:14:38

At 12/12/11 03:11 AM, Ramatsu wrote: some line art, i was inspired by this Piece and i also referenced it. This is an old character of mine, in a santa suit just for the holidays. i found out you can change the lines with a brush in the brush drop down window! this is an epic find for me!(that is also why the face is like that) this line work took me an hour and 45 min. I guess i can make this a WIP im liking the way its coming out.

i also apologise for it looking like that, i changed the dpi in the create new thing, i didnt think it'll come out on here looking like this... shame and i apologise for the double post as well.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-12 14:34:24

i so over slept... i honestly don't know what im actually do with it. but off to find something to eat, im starving!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-12 21:18:22

Hopefully this doesnt look as bad as the others if it does then i might have to change the sise? but this is coming along nice on my end.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-12 23:12:46

wow

I left a review on your Destruction and D cups

great work!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-13 06:11:47

At 12/12/11 11:12 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: wow

I left a review on your Destruction and D cups

great work!

Thanx bud, and i can't seem to figure out why my to latest post pictures look like that, does anyone have an idea why?

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-13 09:32:29

At 12/13/11 06:11 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 12/12/11 11:12 PM, Spac3case916 wrote:
Thanx bud, and i can't seem to figure out why my to latest post pictures look like that, does anyone have an idea why?

Is it more than 599x700? You could also say screw the BBS and its silly shit and put it on the dump.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-13 10:46:50

At 12/13/11 09:32 AM, Felis wrote:
At 12/13/11 06:11 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Thanx bud, and i can't seem to figure out why my to latest post pictures look like that, does anyone have an idea why?
Is it more than 599x700? You could also say screw the BBS and its silly shit and put it on the dump.

Well, the BBS usually just scales down the image but keeps the proportions maintained. So unless Zane is working in a stretched proportionality, the image shouldn't be distorted like that.....

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-13 12:45:16

At 12/13/11 10:46 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/13/11 09:32 AM, Felis wrote:
At 12/13/11 06:11 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
Is it more than 599x700? You could also say screw the BBS and its silly shit and put it on the dump
Well, the BBS usually just scales down the image but keeps the proportions maintained. So unless Zane is working in a stretched proportionality, the image shouldn't be distorted like that.....

Well i'm still fairly new to this computer drawing mess so i tend to experiment, Honestly didnt know what the dpi was and i changed it to like 600 lol! the height is much larger than the width than could be the reason, but i think its the dpi... i Tried to change it i don't know if it worked or not. we will see when i post this..

Also it is basically finished any last minute things i should add or anything?

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-16 04:14:32

well, I added a little something to it not much, but it is now complete HI-RES not really a big difference but if you wish to check it out you may do so .

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-16 05:44:10

I'm guessing your character is looking a bit squashed since it was scaled during the scan, making the pixels rectangular.
See if this helps you out.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-16 12:56:14

At 12/16/11 05:44 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'm guessing your character is looking a bit squashed since it was scaled during the scan, making the pixels rectangular.
See if this helps you out.

Thanx TOAS, i really appreciate that. it looks so much better. also i think that other link is now dead so here is the NEW one, and again happy holidays everyone.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature