00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted GeoTheCAt supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,560 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-15 13:07:41

I lied, this will be the last WIP of "dragons flight", from here on im going to mess with it in gimp Any skills or technique or tools i should use for it.It'll help me out alot if you pointed me an a direction thanx.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-15 15:38:31

At 9/15/11 01:07 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I lied, this will be the last WIP of "dragons flight", from here on im going to mess with it in gimp Any skills or technique or tools i should use for it.It'll help me out alot if you pointed me an a direction thanx.

Bump! How would layering or stuff work? As of now I'm pretty lost and so far the digital rendering is so noob I should have really took the time to practice this.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-15 19:52:10

Well im finally considering it done, That took longer than it should have. But im not arguing how it came out, Im a noob with programs. I wouldnt mind Tips on what i should do next time i edit a piece on a program.

HI-RES you'll see all the marker warps and pen etchings when you enlarge it and probably everything else i did.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-15 23:03:27

Not bad for your first time coloring digitally.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-16 01:03:42

At 9/15/11 11:03 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Not bad for your first time coloring digitally.

Thanx 50, but it's actually my 2nd time, 1st one was from AVAT contest but about really adding colors too it and using different tools yeah my 1st. I sound like a confused gut lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-20 00:24:41

finally decided to just buy the tablet this piece here is my 1st experience with it. just screwing around with different tools and such. it is still a WIP sucks that i won't have much time to mess with it as much. ive been quite busy recently and shit.. figures when i actually do get the tablet. This piece here is the protagonist to the series i plan to do... (in a bikini.. a friend wanted to see her in a bikini) i just thought i'd add the Chibi version of her as well.)

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-22 15:07:39

another WIP of this, and now im noticing her fucking calves are abit too much on the short side. i hate when i do that... it is really upsetting but its too late to change it now better luck next time... but yeah i have a question i also noticed i did the characters in the background layer is there a way i can draw the background and put it behind them, if anyone can tell me i would highlly appreciate it. Thanx in advance

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-22 18:31:10

This is the begining phase of the background, looks crumby at the moment but those are the colors nd stuff ill use just putting them in places where will be. comments thoughts and feedback are always welcome and appreciated.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-23 16:44:02

At 9/22/11 06:31 PM, Ramatsu wrote: This is the begining phase of the background, looks crumby at the moment but those are the colors nd stuff ill use just putting them in places where will be. comments thoughts and feedback are always welcome and appreciated.

The bows on the adult one looks a bit off. You were probably trying to do foreshortening with the right (our right) side of the bow, but to me it doesn't look that way, more that it really is uneven. Take this with a grain of salt though as I suck at foreshortening. Happy drawing!

-Your buddy,
iLoveNantes

be my fan... because.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-23 16:54:58

At 9/23/11 04:44 PM, IloveNantes wrote:
The bows on the adult one looks a bit off. You were probably trying to do foreshortening with the right (our right) side of the bow, but to me it doesn't look that way, more that it really is uneven. Take this with a grain of salt though as I suck at foreshortening. Happy drawing!

-Your buddy,
iLoveNantes

Thanks bud, I didn't even notice that. I'm going to fix it up right now.. ATM I'm stressing over this water it is epic fail :( and it makes me want to quit working on the piece altogether.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-23 22:54:43

last freaking WIP!! i cant stand the water, it bugs me more than her calves... just have to clean it up and put the finishing touches in. but i wanted to any last minute thoughts if any ( mainly about the water).

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-24 17:51:35

okay its done, moving on to new practices and projects. here is the piece in the Art Portal, welp i guess im going to get started on something new now, not really sure what though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-27 15:40:16

very rough WIP of the new piece... it is to be submitted to the calender contest thing... if finished. Im really not liking the remake of this, like at all... if this somehow gets incompatible i quit.. you can not imagine how upset i am about losing the other piece -__-.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-27 20:35:57

1st phase of the coloring.. ill continue with it later on tomorrow got a few places to run before it gets to late. comments on the piece itself or anything ill come back to check it later.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-28 17:24:30

I have a feeling i'd be able to get this done before October 3rd, let me not jinx it. here is maybe the 2nd to last WIP of it. i now have to color the houses and things and put in the rest of the shadows and highlights and im calling it complete. thoughts and feedback are always appreciated.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-30 15:13:30

Last WIP, i didnt see it in the Recently edited folder and was about to flip out because i thought this one got corrupted to. i dont know why it wasnt in there but it wasnt corrupted( thank Goodness).Hopefully i can finish it before the the due date, im going to be pretty busy this weekend.. had to rush most of this piece already... i hate being rushed. I just have to put the finishing touches such as the color for the side walk and add some misplaced windows on the buildings and some highlights for the rest of the characters.( except tankman, hes to epic to put any type of light reflection on him ill keep him that contrast ( notice hes the only one looking the other way).

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-02 14:29:54

this is an old character redraw sketch i did in exactly 17 minutes. the Kingdom hearts franchise had a mega influence on him. i might go ahead and refine him abit later when i get back from runnin around. lol he looks so stupid 1st drawing in paint tool sai( free version), im liking this program.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-02 14:31:18

At 10/2/11 02:29 PM, Ramatsu wrote: this is an old character redraw sketch i did in exactly 17 minutes. the Kingdom hearts franchise had a mega influence on him. i might go ahead and refine him abit later when i get back from runnin around. lol he looks so stupid 1st drawing in paint tool sai( free version), im liking this program.

OOPS! here forgot the picture in a rush lol!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-04 16:06:08

A random piece for the main antagonists in the series im working on. WIPing it up, there is one that shouldn't even be with the rest of them, but who cares just bumping my art thread, trying to get used to paint tool sai.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-04 17:57:08

one of my fav art threads

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-04 18:26:25

At 10/4/11 05:57 PM, mega-supreme wrote: one of my fav art threads

Really? I appreciate that bud. These recent pieces are just me screwing with paint tool SAI, working with more than one piece at a time at the moment.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-04 21:49:40

and this is the last WIP for the night, to me i think its the most promising. im also taking a "Different Approach" with this piece. thats the name of the part where this is to happen in the series and is what ill name the piece. Lol atm it looks like that neon glow stuff or what ever.. it had a commercial for it before. i dont know i dont watch T.V. often if at all. It is probably hard to see what is going on right now, but ill keep you posted.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-06 21:14:00

well i wont have much time this week with the pieces, ill just post up what i've continued with in the passed 2 days. this piece is completely experimental just trying a few things getting used to the tablet and the overwhelming things you can just screw around with in the software. And its pretty fun, i think for now ill mess wiith different technigues and styles just to see what i can come up with.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-08 02:06:40

Random Line work experiment i had to cut out a bunch of the top part and some of the bottom beacuse it was too big for Paint tool SAI, i wanted to see how the linework layer thing worked, and honestly i didnt know how to work with the other tools except the pen so i just compltely made my own lines. It is also a WIP

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-08 02:15:31

And i totally effed it up, they now look totally smashed!! I should learn not to screw with things so much. well that's pretty much upsetting. I should have not made the canvas so fiefdom big in the 1st place but ehh whatever it is what it is( shame though).

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-11 13:41:14

Traditional piece i plan to turn into semi realistic(well i mean ill put no Bold black lines just a different tone of the normal color.) I didn't know how to put that so it was easier to follow. But yeah I'm Going to try and install the tablet onto my Pc and see where that goes, but if it doesnt work ill just stick to traditional until i am able to get the laptop back.

Hopefully i get it soon, my calendar piece is on there.. i am way behind now.

i apologize if it is too light for you to see.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-11 21:36:06

So i had installed the tablet and stuff to my Slow ass pc, well its not really slow its more like retarded. WIP 2 this took much longer than it would have on my sisters laptop... having to save like every few minutes because photoshop decides when ever it wants to crash... it gets very annoying lol. but here is my semi-realistic(not really just my failed attempt at it) WIP for my main protagonist. Though i do like how it is coming along. i was wondering if it should be night or day i am unsure, comments thoughts and criticism is always welcome.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-12 18:24:42

WIP 3, i am further than i were yesterday after the pc done restarted itself after i told it not to. today everything went smoothly no crashes no nothing. i filtered some textures into the piece i dont know if thats looked down upon but hey i like the way it looks and im still learning a bunch of things. Dont mind the random colors Lol i put those there so i can eye drop them just in case i need them again.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-13 01:30:47

Hi Ramatsu,
I seen your all pictures and really enjoy your thread too. you are such a good artist i honestly say that. i really wanted to see you more.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-13 09:45:29