00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

monsterparty drawrs.

49,141 Views | 286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-02-01 13:14:27

There's so much dope in here someone could die from overdose.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-02-01 15:07:16

At 2/1/15 01:14 PM, Cairos wrote: There's so much dope in here someone could die from overdose.

Oh me, oh my.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-11-14 23:55:19 (edited 2015-11-14 23:56:19)

I've hardly had any time outside of my classes to work on more rendered paintings, so about a week ago, I started doing daily photo studies just to keep me practicing without the pressure of trying to create something awesome. I've already learned a lot, especially about value and the gradation of colored light. Hopefully as I keep doing these, a lot of the stuff I'm learning will just naturally start showing up in my own work. We'll see when winter break hits, and I'll actually have time to work on large personal projects again!

Also, hi forum! It has been a long time.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-11-14 23:59:43

And here's a ninja because I've been sketching these during all my homework breaks today.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-12-22 23:27:56

Just started the probably last winter break of my life. I'm trying desperately to avoid not drawing over these next few weeks, which is what tends to happen when I find myself back home, so I started a character design challenge with a school friend in the hopes of maintaining the motivation to work. If all goes well, here is the first of many.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-12-23 15:12:06

Cool! monsterparty still here!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2015-12-24 02:37:10

At 12/23/15 03:12 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Cool! monsterparty still here!

Hey, Flowers! Yeah, I pop in and out, usually just as a lurker. Not that I was very active to begin with. It's still nice to still see some familiar people around though!

And here's another musically themed character design. A weird synth robot thing that could have been posed in a way that you could actually see the synth. I also should've taken a little more time on it to get the lighting more accurate, but stuff happens. I originally wanted to try and knock a design out everyday, but those little bits that would give it the extra push will inevitably go missing when the images are rushed through like I've been rushing them. My attention span just isn't large enough to get it all in a night, so for the sake of better designs, I think I'm going to start giving myself two days at a time for them. And maybe I'll revisit this tomorrow to try and nail the lighting against its surface.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-01-28 22:20:15

A relatively quick painting based on a view of a stick sculpture I made last week. My last semester of college is off to an interesting start!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-05 13:18:55

a skootch from the skatchbook.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-05 13:23:15

Another from the same "series". It was a busy sketchbook night last night.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-05 13:23:42

Last one.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-06 03:40:24 (edited 2016-02-06 03:40:54)

Painting over one of the sketches and having sort of a difficult time figuring out what style I want to render it in.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-07 22:12:13

Another WIP, about an hour into a poster for my brother's band.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-19 19:38:39

New thing I'm working on.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-02-21 01:49:50

beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful
lovely!!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-03-21 02:40:35

At 2/21/16 01:49 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful
lovely!!

A bit of a late response from me, but thank you so much!

And here's a quick update on the poster from some time ago. I haven't had the chance to pick it up for a while, but I had some time today and surprisingly managed to make a lot of big jumps on it much quicker than I anticipated. If I can squeeze in the time between work, homework and classes, I think I might actually be able to get this done this week.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-03-22 02:28:48

Love the little changes you've done.
Personally, It's a great feeling to be able to make progress on a piece that has been stagnant for a while.

You're truly talented and I like your work ; reminds me of how behind I am but it's also motivating.Hopefully one day I'll reach your level.

All the best in your web-comic btw.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-03-22 13:23:53

The colours and rendering in you poster tho! Really awesome, I also really like the wolf people and the movement in the pieces

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-03-27 02:31:59

At 3/22/16 02:28 AM, Akuaitance wrote: Love the little changes you've done.
Personally, It's a great feeling to be able to make progress on a piece that has been stagnant for a while.

You're truly talented and I like your work ; reminds me of how behind I am but it's also motivating.Hopefully one day I'll reach your level.

All the best in your web-comic btw.

Thanks a lot! And just keep studying and practice, practice, practice. Growth can happen really fast when the time and effort is put into it, and in a community like this one, there are a lot of people around who are willing to help out!

At 3/22/16 01:23 PM, Pokenuts wrote: The colours and rendering in you poster tho! Really awesome, I also really like the wolf people and the movement in the pieces

Thanks! Haha, this poster turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to. It's been a while since I've rendered to this level, so it has been a journey for sure.

Here is what is probably the final version of this piece. Just waiting on feedback from the band now!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-03-31 23:57:28 (edited 2016-04-01 00:06:23)

Found a rough painting in my WIP folder tonight. I remember doing this first pass just around this time last year, and I never really picked it up after that first night because I was irritated with how it was going. After finding it again though, I decided that I probably had the knowledge now to bring it to a finish, so the second image a couple hours of new progress. There are still quite a few more hours left to put in, but I'm really excited about how much I've learned this year and how this particular painting is coming along. I can't wait to finally be able to call it done!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-04-01 00:05:30

I don't think anyone needs to think twice about you if you were to apply somewhere. I hope you get accepted no matter where you go.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-04-02 03:14:12

At 4/1/16 12:05 AM, Cairos wrote: I don't think anyone needs to think twice about you if you were to apply somewhere. I hope you get accepted no matter where you go.

Thanks! That means a lot!
---

Here's a new thing. Using an old character to try out a new style.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-04-02 05:03:07

So much awesomeness in here! :0

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-05-22 01:10:30

Home from school. I'm trying not to get into the habit of not drawing while I apply for jobs and internships, so I forced myself to knock out a quick little painting yesterday to keep me motivated. Did some little color touch ups today after sleeping on it, but in my mind it's still not finished. I'm making sure to post it somewhere though, so I don't get hung up on it and can move on to a new thing.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-05-22 23:27:22

I've been watching quite a bit of Zorro this past week, and so far Tyrone Power takes the cake for me. We'll see if he holds up as I make my way through more renditions!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-06-10 20:52:09

I started writing a story for my previously posted wizard boy, so I've been doodling him and changing his design around a bit as I develop his world a little more. Still working on his clothes, but I'm liking his proportions so far.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-07-10 18:34:47

A new sketch page from my wizard story from earlier in the summer.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-07-10 21:23:50

And another one!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-07-11 01:19:35

sweeeet.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2016-07-11 11:48:09

Awesome thread. And I just read the preview of your comic - Knight and Beard. Looking good. Love that animation style in comics.