00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

monsterparty drawrs.

49,138 Views | 286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-09-25 22:08:37

At 9/25/13 09:45 PM, monsterparty wrote: I ran away to Canada for the weekend....

Wait, you came to Canada and didn't visit? *cracks wrists*

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-09-26 03:29:17

this page is good

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-09-26 03:35:48

At 11/30/12 04:41 PM, monsterparty wrote: Winter break can't come fast enough. SO ready for this semester to be over.
I just finished up the final project to one of my classes... a liberal arts class, so nothing special, but I thought I'd reward myself with a visit to the old sketchbook. Can't wait til I have time for this again. :)

I like the near / far aspect of this, and the implied motion

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-10-13 01:24:17

At 9/26/13 03:35 AM, Rampager wrote:
I like the near / far aspect of this, and the implied motion

Thank you!

At 9/25/13 10:08 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
Wait, you came to Canada and didn't visit? *cracks wrists*

Huh. I guess not. How about that? C:

Nothing too special this time. Just a speed paint for a concept I'm working out with some people at school, about 30 minutes. I wanted to try out a blockier type of painting to see what I could incorporate into my usual thing

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-10-13 12:23:12

At 10/13/13 01:24 AM, monsterparty wrote:
At 9/25/13 10:08 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Wait, you came to Canada and didn't visit? *cracks wrists*
Huh. I guess not. How about that? C:

Well, you owe me one next time you do

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-12-23 01:21:53

I don't do anything anymore.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2013-12-23 11:20:46

At 9/25/13 09:45 PM, monsterparty wrote: I'm dropping off a page from my sketch book. I ran away to Canada for the weekend a few hours after I scanned them in my computer, and I didn't get to upload them. But back to homework for me now. I hope I have enough time this weekend to actually browse through the forums instead of just popping in on my own.

These 'sketches' of yours look like they're about to pop out of my screen. Seriously, they're works of art on their own.

At 12/23/13 01:21 AM, monsterparty wrote: I don't do anything anymore.

Then who made this awesome character design? Magic?
Is it for an animation? Because I'd totally watch that!

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-01-02 19:57:26

I guess I can't say I don't do anything, but I don't do nearly as much as I'd like to. Thank you so much though, Nacco. :)
I'm trying to get back into digital painting again. It's been kind of a slow start, but a slow start is better than no start.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-01-05 14:45:48

At 1/2/14 07:57 PM, monsterparty wrote: I guess I can't say I don't do anything, but I don't do nearly as much as I'd like to. Thank you so much though, Nacco. :)
I'm trying to get back into digital painting again. It's been kind of a slow start, but a slow start is better than no start.

I like the feel to it, nice work on colors & shading!
Now create more! >:(

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-01-08 23:24:10

At 1/5/14 02:45 PM, BrainworkInProgress wrote: I like the feel to it, nice work on colors & shading!
Now create more! >:(

Oh, Thankies, and I will!
Another character from the same... whatever it is that my monkey boy is a part of. Though this one isn't nearly as successful, so I'm considering this a WIP for now. I struggled with draping the cape quite a bit, so If anyone has advice on how to not make that terrible (or any advice in general), it would be much appreciated.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-01-12 01:56:46

At 9/24/13 12:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I'm back again! Hopefully for a little longer that "briefly".

For today, here's a graphite drawing of William Shatner. I messed up on his eyes and misplaced his mouth a little too low, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. Enough to put it up here!

It made me realize though that I don't practice shading nearly as much as I could and should.

wow!!! this is incredible. the shading is so soft and real. Full range of value too!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-02-02 00:19:17

At 1/12/14 01:56 AM, Spac3case916 wrote:
At 9/24/13 12:05 PM, monsterparty wrote: I'm back again! Hopefully for a little longer that "briefly".

For today, here's a graphite drawing of William Shatner. I messed up on his eyes and misplaced his mouth a little too low, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it. Enough to put it up here!

It made me realize though that I don't practice shading nearly as much as I could and should.
wow!!! this is incredible. the shading is so soft and real. Full range of value too!

Oh, thank you! There's a part of me that wishes I did realism more often. I'm not entirely sure what's holding me back.

Just stopping in to post up a quickie. A friend of mine picked up drawing again and asked for some advice on proportions and what helps define the age of a character. This is the "finished" product of my little critique/tutorial.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-02-02 02:21:18

It has been an interesting weekend. I needed to take some time and do "for no reason" sketches. The girl on the left was supposed to be a mermaid, but then I got lazy.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-02-02 03:56:35

COOL character design sketches , keep it up

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-07 13:18:51

Dropping off quick illustration for a short I'm working on in class. Spring break just started, so maybe I can work my way to a scanner this week and upload some other stuff.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-11 19:04:49

The Kyle Webster Real Watercolor Brushes have been spreading around my department at school, so I decided to give them a try. They were an excellent purchase, amazingly convincing as watercolors. I'm not exactly a delicate digital painter, so the outcome of my first attempt doesn't quite get the full effect of the brushes across. They were still super fun to use though, and I'd like to try them out with more artsy illustrations than the Pirate Prince of Pizza.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-11 21:47:05

You are seriously one of my favorite artist! I love your style and your line work is just amazing. Keep up the good work! c:

Sort of? Maybe?

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-11 23:39:59

At 3/11/14 09:47 PM, ImChase wrote: You are seriously one of my favorite artist! I love your style and your line work is just amazing. Keep up the good work! c:

Thank you so much!
Dropping off a WIP that I've hardly scratched the surface of. I'm working more with the watercolor brushes that I absolutely adore.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-16 17:06:23

Some portraits of friends at a gesture drawing party.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-16 17:10:09

More portraits, but these or from picture references. I actually would really like to color these at some point, but there's not really any time for it at the moment.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-16 19:36:29

Bleh. Environment stuff.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-16 20:09:30

They're all so clean, I'm envious on how clean but slightly sketchy they're are. Plus nice posters in that perspective drawings :D.

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-16 21:54:06

Good stuff. I haven't seen your art thread before but it's definitely a mature style with understanding of character design. I also like the western influence as well, along with a dynamic range of character styles. :D

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-26 23:06:43

Stuff. I'd like to get a more detailed shot of some of the stuff in here, but the lighting is just too bad at the moment. I'll have to wait til the morning to get some good natural light.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-27 08:13:59

At 3/26/14 11:06 PM, monsterparty wrote: Stuff. I'd like to get a more detailed shot of some of the stuff in here, but the lighting is just too bad at the moment. I'll have to wait til the morning to get some good natural light.

Awesome stuff as always! Is it some kind of apocalyptic scenario? I see zombies or something similar attacking that house.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-27 09:47:32

At 3/26/14 11:06 PM, monsterparty wrote: Stuff. I'd like to get a more detailed shot of some of the stuff in here, but the lighting is just too bad at the moment. I'll have to wait til the morning to get some good natural light.

With all that tall trees and leaves, I can imagine shadows cast by those leaves.

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-27 11:03:44

At 3/27/14 08:13 AM, Nacco wrote: Awesome stuff as always! Is it some kind of apocalyptic scenario? I see zombies or something similar attacking that house.

Thanks! And yes? I'm honestly not a hundred percent sure what scenario is taking place. I didn't really have a plan as I was drawing this. I had some characters that I wanted to use in an image, and everything else kind of just happened around them. But my friends who have looked at it say either zombies or gun smugglers, so it's gotta be in that line of thought somewhere.

At 3/27/14 09:47 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: With all that tall trees and leaves, I can imagine shadows cast by those leaves.

This is just the line drawing for now, but I definitely want to color and shade this eventually. There's a lot that I want to do with it. I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands though, so that's something that has to wait for once I get out of school for the semester.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-03-27 12:04:06

Haven't checked this thread in a while.Really love the neat character designs combined with this really elegant and soft but detailed style of yours :D.Keep it up!

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-04-08 08:55:44

At 3/27/14 12:04 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: Haven't checked this thread in a while.Really love the neat character designs combined with this really elegant and soft but detailed style of yours :D.Keep it up!

Thanks! That's really cool to hear from you, man. Your work never fails to impress me.

I'm trying out a different style with this next project. Hopefully everything turns out okay because this is going to be a really busy one.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2014-04-16 13:37:27

beep bop boop

The new thing and a slightly larger picture of it.

The background is kind of empty, but I was running out of time for working on this project. I worked on drawing more attention to the foreground to distract from that. Now I'm telling you it's a thing though, so it doesn't really matter.

monsterparty drawrs.