00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hello Newgrounds :)

8,982 Views | 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 07:11:41

Hi, I'm Hugo, freelance illustrator. I've just joined the site and would like to introduce myself to the community. I create cartoons, comics and animations.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Newgrounds, so I would like to share my creations here and get to know more fellow artists and people who share similar interests.

Cheers :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 07:33:17

Nice to meet you Hugo!

I'm new here as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 07:41:08

Hey, nice art, Welcome to Newgrounds.

What good stuff did you hear about Newgrounds?

I'm honestly super curious

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 08:33:47

Thank you guys.

I've heard this is a good community with a lot talented and diverse artist. And that is very interactive. I watched a cartoons over here, played some games earlier, and I think it's about time I join too :) So I could share my art, get to know other artists and learn new stuff.

I'll upload more of my work once I get use to the site and explore all the features :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 18:21:15

Thanks Groako. I always leaned toward cartoons, but I'm trying to base the drawings in reality. If that makes any sense :)

Here's the recent image I uploaded here.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-18 23:45:43

At 3/18/16 06:21 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Thanks Groako. I always leaned toward cartoons, but I'm trying to base the drawings in reality. If that makes any sense :)

That's often how I've been told to approach cartoons or other stylized artwork. Start with reality and then distort it to fit your purpose.

Your cartoon drawings are very good. Do you have any ambition to create animations or games here on NG?

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-19 14:40:05 (edited 2016-03-19 14:53:11)

At 3/18/16 11:45 PM, AcetheSuperVillain wrote:
At 3/18/16 06:21 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Thanks Groako. I always leaned toward cartoons, but I'm trying to base the drawings in reality. If that makes any sense :)

That's often how I've been told to approach cartoons or other stylized artwork. Start with reality and then distort it to fit your purpose.

Your cartoon drawings are very good. Do you have any ambition to create animations or games here on NG?

Thank you Ace. I like your art, too. You are right, reality is starting point to make it believable or plausible, the rest is for our imagination to kick in :)

I'll upload my animations when they are ready. Worked on a lot of stuff here and there, just need to organize them. And I would like to be a part of some games, why not. Don't have the programming skills, but would like to create some graphics one day.

Here's some of my cartoons, that I've uploaded earlier. Maybe this could be my art thread and introducing thread in the same time :) Maybe for sketches or WIPs so I don't duplicate the images.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-20 02:25:58

Nice to meet you yo!! welcome to newgrounds

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-23 12:29:57

Thanks Space3case for welcoming me.

Here's some WIP, I'm making this succubus so I though it would be good thing to share some of the process and maybe get some input since I haven't drawn too many succubus girls. They are quite interesting creatures :)

I will probably change the expression, but I like the tag line :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-23 18:56:00

lol welcome man, nice butts too.

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-23 20:23:06

Oh hey! Welcome to the Newgrounds art forums!
You have some really great stuff here. Really like your style. c:
Hope to see more of your art.

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-03-24 15:21:57

Thank you linda-mota and 123mine123. I'm already feel comfortable in this community, glad I joined :)

Continuing with sketches and WIPs in this thread. Here's Baroness from GI Joe. Not really a fan of a franchise, but love the badass women :) Hope to finish this one soon.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-09 13:47:51

Practicing some hairstyles for one of the drawings I have in mind. So I tough I could share that :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-10 16:39:38

At 3/18/16 07:11 AM, HugoTendaz wrote: I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Newgrounds, so I would like to share my creations here and get to know more fellow artists and people who share similar interests.

I'm a crappy artist,but hey,nice art.

Also,welcome to ng. Good choice.

May the Ender Be With You.

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-10 19:03:25

Hello! I'm new here too.

I like the boldness in your style :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-11 16:38:20

Thank you @SanfordMadnessNexus and @V1KK1 - I love thicker lines, so I'm glad that people find that appealing too:)

Here are some sketches that I plan to make into a final illustrations in the next few days.

I keep drawing Wonder Woman, I don't know why :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-12 02:18:20

I admire your work, youve got that voluptuous thick kinda cartoony aesthetic thing going on, but can you draw a big hunky muscly guy? I would be curious seeing how you would construct such a figure.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-12 12:58:59

Hey friend! Welcome! Real amazing stuff you have here. I'm really fond of cartoon style drawings, especially ones that are done in way that is similar to yours. Each drawing of yours has character. Make more!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-12 16:42:10

Thank you @Template88 for the compliments. Did i see a challenge in your post? :) Challenge accepted.

I was planning to do Hulk and She-Hulk pinup in the future, maybe this is a good chance to do that. I have drawn big, muscly guys efore, but haven's finish many. I was occupied with the girls :) But it will be good to expand the comfort zone.

And thank you too @Fifty-50 for digging my cartoons. I would love to have painting skills like you, but I fail every time with digital or traditional paintings. I'm a sucker for a line, that's why I create cartoons :) I'll make more, I'm finally pleased with my cartoons and the speed, that's why I started posting more and to share my drawings online.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-12 23:47:09

At 4/12/16 04:42 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Thank you @Template88 for the compliments. Did i see a challenge in your post? :) Challenge accepted.

I was planning to do Hulk and She-Hulk pinup in the future, maybe this is a good chance to do that. I have drawn big, muscly guys efore, but haven's finish many. I was occupied with the girls :) But it will be good to expand the comfort zone.

And thank you too @Fifty-50 for digging my cartoons. I would love to have painting skills like you, but I fail every time with digital or traditional paintings. I'm a sucker for a line, that's why I create cartoons :) I'll make more, I'm finally pleased with my cartoons and the speed, that's why I started posting more and to share my drawings online.

Same with me, I often try to "paint" and I just can't draw without lines. Do you know the artist Ray Cornwell "ronindude"? He does a good combination of cartoon and paint. Sometimes I say to myself I'll give that a try, but it's just too easy to do flat shading instead.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-13 16:35:33

At 4/12/16 11:47 PM, AcetheSuperVillain wrote:
At 4/12/16 04:42 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Thank you @Template88 for the compliments. Did i see a challenge in your post? :) Challenge accepted.

Same with me, I often try to "paint" and I just can't draw without lines. Do you know the artist Ray Cornwell "ronindude"? He does a good combination of cartoon and paint. Sometimes I say to myself I'll give that a try, but it's just too easy to do flat shading instead.

Thanks @AcetheSuperVillain for the link. I've just checked ronindude's art. Yeah, he's good. He adds just the right amount of painting and it still feels like a cartoon.

But I decided to work more on my lines and cell shading. Part because the painting is really time consuming and not my thing, part because I love that animation feel cell shade has. If it's done right, it can worth as any good painting. And opposite, of course :)

I still love to see painted art, especially the backgrounds. They go really well with the cartoon or anime character. Love that contrast and it so much easier to read the image that way.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-15 16:59:23

This is a rough sketch with colors. I like to make fast pass with colors while I'm still on a smaller canvas. To see the mistakes and to try different combinations before going to the final canvas size for the inking part.

Anybody with a fear of clowns out there? :) Maybe this will help conquering the fear.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-15 17:39:43

Cheers :)

Hey, how's it going?

Welcome to NG.

I make cartoons, too. What do you use?

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-15 18:41:10

Thanks @DiggidyDelRio , good to meet another fellow cartoonist :)

I use Manga Studio when I'm doing digital. It's very good for the line work. And the coloring and layer modes work pretty good as well. If that was the question.

But I still love to draw on paper. It's relaxing and refreshing to step away from the computer.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-15 22:33:19

At 4/15/16 06:41 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Thanks @DiggidyDelRio , good to meet another fellow cartoonist :)

I use Manga Studio when I'm doing digital. It's very good for the line work. And the coloring and layer modes work pretty good as well. If that was the question.

But I still love to draw on paper. It's relaxing and refreshing to step away from the computer.

That's neat.

I had Mangastudio as a trial. I like it, but I'm poor, so I use gimp.

Hope to see more of your stuff, soon!

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-04-17 16:52:47

@DiggidyDelRio - I've heard Gimp is OK, but haven't use it myself. MyPaint is nice free solution also. It doesn't have vectors, but the drawing part feels good.

I've got Manga Studio in a bundle with the graphic tablet and use it ever since.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-05-09 14:46:53

I've been busy with some project for the last couple of weeks and didn't have much time to post new stuff or to be around :)

I've also started a couple more projects. This time personal and I will share some of the progress here.

I've done one storyboard for a short animation. I'll try to finish that myself or try to find someone interested in a collaboration. Also some new pin ups are coming up, as I continue to jump between drawing girls and silly cartoons :)

Here's some WIP on a comic page I'm working. The text is missing because I don't want to screw up the joke before I have all done and posted. Hopefully I will finish this one soon. It's just a two page comic, but I'm planning on making a series of short stories. It's a fan art, but off-model.

If you have some comments or suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-05-11 01:00:02 (edited 2016-05-11 01:01:14)

At 5/9/16 02:46 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: I've been busy with some project for the last couple of weeks and didn't have much time to post new stuff or to be around :)

I've also started a couple more projects. This time personal and I will share some of the progress here.

I've done one storyboard for a short animation. I'll try to finish that myself or try to find someone interested in a collaboration. Also some new pin ups are coming up, as I continue to jump between drawing girls and silly cartoons :)

Am so excited..,can't wait to see the animation, i was really looking forward to this.

Here's some WIP on a comic page I'm working. The text is missing because I don't want to screw up the joke before I have all done and posted. Hopefully I will finish this one soon. It's just a two page comic, but I'm planning on making a series of short stories. It's a fan art, but off-model.

If you have some comments or suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Facial expression ✔ : though i feel that the body expression isn't expressive or rather exaggerated enough hence they don't match.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-05-24 15:37:30

@Akuaitance - Thank you. I'll post storyboards and layouts when I prepare them for posting on forums.

As for the exaggeration - I know what you are saying. I could push the pose more. Still don't want to make it too extreme, since it's actually an antic before extreme that will be in the next panel/page. Hope it will read better when it's complete :)

-------
This is a GIF process from sketch-inking-color. Still need some details and polishing before I can call it finished. But I wanted to share the process. I've uploaded the inking time lapse video on the YouTube, if someone is interested to see. I don't know should I upload it here also. since it's just a speed drawing not an actual movie. Any suggestions from older members?

It's a fan art of Abbey Chase, character from Danger Girl, J. Scott Campbell's comic book. Probably one of the best pin up artists.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-06-19 10:25:59

Some updates on this thread couldn't hurt :)

It's a male character for a change :) More of a worm up that anything concrete, but I want to share it anyway. To add some different content here on the Newgrounds.