00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bladerolsh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones (Show)

59,285 Views | 630 Replies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-14 17:54:25

At 6/14/14 05:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I love watching this cunt getting his head smashed in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOkRuuejR9s

I dunno why you don't like him but yeah, I too love rewinding that scene.

BORN IS THE FANTASY!+++ REGISTER HERE!+++ LOG IN+++ FORUM(CLASSIC VIEW)

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-14 17:56:20

At 6/14/14 05:54 PM, EpicGamingFantasy wrote:
At 6/14/14 05:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I love watching this cunt getting his head smashed in

Although I DID like him ...

BORN IS THE FANTASY!+++ REGISTER HERE!+++ LOG IN+++ FORUM(CLASSIC VIEW)

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-14 19:59:03

he was a pretentious asshole.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 04:04:58

CLEGANE BOWL CONFIRMED

GET HYPE
E
T

H
Y
P
E

Game of Thrones (Show)

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 05:34:50

Wow, you love watching one of the only interesting new characters die? so edgy.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 06:46:40

All I gotta say is.... like Elvis.

Thank yuh very much

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 13:47:56

At 6/16/14 04:22 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: but it seems now that violent entertainment is being presented in a neat little harry potter-style package it's suddenly socially acceptable?

what's wrong with that

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 15:54:39

At 6/16/14 04:22 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: but it seems now that violent entertainment is being presented in a neat little harry potter-style package it's suddenly socially acceptable?

Huh, if anything my (very, very slight) beef with GoT's popularity is the other way around. For the past 50 years nerds have been laughed at and harassed for reading fantasy and sci-fi novels/playing RPGs/whatever and obsessing over the mythology and minutiae of these fictional universes, but now that it's a sexy, violent, popular HBO show it's totally cool for anyone to gush about lines of succession and White Walkers and Valyrian steel and so on. Hmmph.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 17:10:06

Way to go HBO you fucked up the season finale. I take back what I said, Season 1 isn't the worst, this one is, looking back, I wasn't even that entertained, also MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE BOOKS they didn't even show Lady fucking Stoneheart. They better show her in the beginning of Season 5.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 17:15:15

MORE SPOILERS Also, why the hell did the kill Jojen? The show is just a complete mess now.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 17:21:47

At 6/16/14 05:10 PM, darkjam wrote: Way to go HBO you fucked up the season finale. I take back what I said, Season 1 isn't the worst, this one is, looking back, I wasn't even that entertained, also MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE BOOKS they didn't even show Lady fucking Stoneheart. They better show her in the beginning of Season 5.

I would be entirely unsurprised if we don't see Stoneheart until Brienne meets her. I was a bit disappointed, but I don't think it's a massive deal.

At 6/16/14 05:15 PM, darkjam wrote: MORE SPOILERS Also, why the hell did the kill Jojen? The show is just a complete mess now.

Jojen doesn't exactly do a whole lot from here on in, and I'd guess at it being a scheduling thing. Like the actor has something else he wants to do, he's not essential, so just kill him off and let him do his own thing. Disappointing, but it's the reality of an adaptation. The same thing has fucked us over before with the likes of the Greatjon.

The only thing in the finale I really missed was "wherever whores go". Making it about Shae rather than Tysha has less bite, since Tywin was much more directly involved with Tysha, and the fact that he doesn't even remember it hits all the harder. Plus, it's just a really cool line.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 17:38:49

At 6/16/14 05:21 PM, TheMaster wrote: I would be entirely unsurprised if we don't see Stoneheart until Brienne meets her. I was a bit disappointed, but I don't think it's a massive deal.

It sort of is, they had every major event from Storm of Swords except for that. Maybe they will show it in the scene before the title credits in Season 5, if they don't, then it shows that the fame and fortune has gone to the producers heads.

And no Coldhands

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 17:53:43

At 6/16/14 05:38 PM, darkjam wrote: And no Coldhands

Coldhands wasn't the one who brought back Sam and Gilly in season 3, so they either got rid of him, or he's coming in later. I was also disappointed by the lack of StoneHeart and "Wherever whores go", but I'll get over it.

Anyone else feel that Tywin was a bit...out of sorts? He didn't seem himself. I get the impression that maybe they want to hint a bit more at the possibilty that Oberyn poisoned someone other than Gregor, but I'm not sure. They have a lot of ground to cover with the Iron Islands and Dorne next season.

Jojen wasn't really doing much anyway. He served his purpose. I'd feel a bit worse if they introduced him and Meera in season 2 before Winterfell burned, so Bran would have developed a friendship beforehand, but it worked well enough. They're really shaking things up from the books.

Speaking of which, Cleganebowl is totally confirmed. Utterly and completely, it is happening.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-16 22:17:11

have to imagine this is what was going through Seleyse and Shireens head at the wall.

Game of Thrones (Show)

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-17 11:07:13

As a non book reader I really enjoyed the finale. The fight between Brienne and The Hound was very entertaining, and it was so satisfying to see Bran's storyline finally go somewhere, he's going to be a major player in the later seasons I think.

Arya leaving The Hound to die was horrible, when he says to her "Do I have to beg?... Please... Please" Oh Jesus, that was just so harsh, very cold of Arya.

I had heard of this LSH turning up, but that's all I knew, so I guess it's for the best that I didn't go searching for information regarding that.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-17 12:32:18

SPOILERS BELOW!

As a non-book reader, I also liked the season finale. It's nice to see that some plot lines are finally going somewhere again after many, many episodes of uninteresting walking/standing around (specifically referring to Aria's, Stannis' and Bran's plot lines).

Some other thoughts:
-Fight between The Hound and Brianne was awesome
-Hated to see Tywin Lannister die as he was one of my favourite characters
-I agree with the criticism that Jaime and Cersei's relationship is becoming less and less believable
-No idea why and how Stannis ended up north of the wall all of a sudden
-Felt like Bran reaching that tree guy was a bit more significant than this episode made it out to be

At 6/14/14 07:59 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

he was a pretentious asshole.

I don't know why people were so invested in him. Sure, he was likeable if you ignore his attitude, but on the whole he was hardly a significant character as far as I can see.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-18 00:02:51

At 6/17/14 12:32 PM, Auz wrote: -No idea why and how Stannis ended up north of the wall all of a sudden

It was hinted at in the finale of season 3. Davos received Maester Aemon (the blind man of the Night's Watch) letter requesting aid, and Davos convinced Stannis that his presence was needed there.

Sort of SPOILERS but Jojen didn't die in the books at that point. He's actually alive and well. Various characters are like that in the books. G.R.R.M may have had second thoughts about certain characters, or (more likely) the showrunners want a smaller cast to less confusing.

I don't know why people were so invested in him. Sure, he was likeable if you ignore his attitude, but on the whole he was hardly a significant character as far as I can see.

The way the series works is that a lot of ground work is done early so you forget about things that happened, and then you realize their full importance later in the story. Personally I don't the show puts enough emphasis on who Rhaegar is, and how different he was from his father. Rhaegar being killed and his wife and children being murdered is a really huge event that ties together a lot of character motivations, especially Oberyn's. They need to put more focus on Rhaegar's history if they want later seasons to have a large impact.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-06-21 19:43:19

MORE SPOILERS

Anyone else a bit surprised that the show hasn't even mentioned Jon and Arya's warg abilities? I can understand why they didn't show off Arya's, but Jon's warg ability seems to be something that is becoming a major thing in the books.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-03 22:35:09

At 5/20/14 12:53 PM, darkjam wrote: Anyone else think that Robin is the new Joffrey? He's a pretty big ass to just destroy Sansa's model of Winterfell and also talk about her families' death so casually.

I don't see much reason to think so yet. He just seems like he might be autistic or something.

Also, this occured to me as I watched the show and apparently, I wasn't the only one.

Game of Thrones (Show)

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 00:49:33

At 7/3/14 10:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, this occured to me as I watched the show and apparently, I wasn't the only one.

Ditto for this.

Game of Thrones (Show)

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 02:25:32

At 7/4/14 12:49 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/3/14 10:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Also, this occured to me as I watched the show and apparently, I wasn't the only one.
Ditto for this.

their ginger curls are similar yeah but if you were to shave them both bald, the differences would be a lot more noticeable

was wondering if i was the only guy wondering about the shrek character and jamie as well

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 14:17:10

At 7/4/14 02:25 AM, Natick wrote:
Ditto for this.
their ginger curls are similar yeah but if you were to shave them both bald, the differences would be a lot more noticeable

His face reminded me of him, though. I was thinking "who does he remind me of?" for a while. I think it finally came to me during that drowned god scene where the guy pours water on him.

Spoilers ahead.

Also, I don't quite get why he's so completely loyal to Ramsay. I can get being too scared to act against him, but he could have escaped with his sister. Plus, he let him ride off to "negotiate" and he came back. Most men would have slit his throat in front of his father when he had him shave him and then let themselves be killed by the guards because they'd want to be dead anyway.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 21:30:13

At 7/4/14 08:50 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/4/14 12:49 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Ditto for this.
One of the Game Of Thrones characters' faces reminded you of Alex Delarge from the Clockwork Orange?

No, Alfie Allen reminded me of a young Malcom McDowell.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 21:43:41

At 7/4/14 02:17 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/4/14 02:25 AM, Natick wrote:
At 7/3/14 10:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Also, I don't quite get why he's so completely loyal to Ramsay. I can get being too scared to act against him, but he could have escaped with his sister. Plus, he let him ride off to "negotiate" and he came back. Most men would have slit his throat in front of his father when he had him shave him and then let themselves be killed by the guards because they'd want to be dead anyway.

the scene where asha went to save him wasn't actually in the original books and was kind of weird, but i can understand that he was still too scared of trying to escape because after all it might have failed and he would have got caught again and punished. remember there was a part earlier where ramsay allowed him to escape, only to hunt him down again and punish him. he is pretty much driven to insanity by all the torture inflicted on him, even if he had killed ramsay the other boltons would have flayed him alive.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-04 21:47:42

At 7/4/14 09:36 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/4/14 09:30 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/4/14 08:50 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 7/4/14 12:49 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Ditto for this.
One of the Game Of Thrones characters' faces reminded you of Alex Delarge from the Clockwork Orange?
No, Alfie Allen reminded me of a young Malcom McDowell.
Yeah, but you are also reminding him of Malcom's character in the Clockwork Orange.

I didn't make the picture.

Malcolm did appear in other movies when he was young besides the Clockwork Orange.

Yes, I know this. I've seen Cat People and a portion of Caligula and I've been meaning to see If... and Time After Time.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-05 10:40:58

At 7/3/14 10:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I don't see much reason to think so yet. He just seems like he might be autistic or something.

I gave it a bit more thought, and it's probably how Lysa raised him, but even still, he's a pretty unlikable character. Especially after what he did to Sansa's Winterfell.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-05 12:58:08

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the actors for Viserys and Jojen were both in Human Nature/the Family of Blood.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-07-05 14:34:15

At 7/5/14 10:40 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 7/3/14 10:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I don't see much reason to think so yet. He just seems like he might be autistic or something.
I gave it a bit more thought, and it's probably how Lysa raised him, but even still, he's a pretty unlikable character. Especially after what he did to Sansa's Winterfell.

you cant really blame him for it, it's his mom's fault that he's like that, whereas joffrey was pretty much born the way he is. i feel bad for him if anything, it's weird how people antagonize a character like this.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-10-21 17:30:46

got to see george do a 90 minute discussion panel at the jean cocteau theater he redesigned while i was in santa fe

incredibly nice guy. they banned GoT questions because we were in his hometown and he wanted to relax and just get to know people, not fans

Game of Thrones (Show)

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2014-10-21 18:19:12

At 10/21/14 06:13 PM, ManDeep wrote: Those who didn't obey were sentenced to death, i presume?

he referenced westeros, the wall and kings landing when he received a lifetime achievement from a local film festival so no

Game of Thrones (Show)

BBS Signature