00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joaomfigueiredo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones (Show)

59,226 Views | 630 Replies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 15:33:34

I feel like such a foreigner having not read the books. I suppose I'd probably agree with TheMaster if I'd read them. The Wildlings seemed so built up, but they were barely touched in the series thus far other than scenes where they were an aside to Jon and that final thing in the last episode.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 15:51:48

At 6/10/12 03:33 PM, camobch0 wrote: I feel like such a foreigner having not read the books. I suppose I'd probably agree with TheMaster if I'd read them. The Wildlings seemed so built up, but they were barely touched in the series thus far other than scenes where they were an aside to Jon and that final thing in the last episode.

In the book it's a lot more menacing. Having attacked the sentries like in the show, Qhorin's band travels further into the Frostfangs to hopefully scout Mance's army. They're pursed by a band of Wildings they never see, but one by one the rangers fall back to sacrifice themselves and stall the wildings to give the others more time to complete their mission, eventually leading to a superb scene where only Jon and Qhorin remain and Qhorin explains his plan to Jon without Jon really understanding, before it finally clicks when they're caught up with and Jon turns cloak and murders Qhorin, allowing him to infiltrate their ranks with the hope being he can escape and report back to Mormont.

It also introduces the concept of Skinchangers due to a bird (I forget what it is, a hawk maybe) that a wildling is controlling and using to spy on them, which is pretty fucking important since a lot of major characters are wargs or skinchangers.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 15:54:52

This show... ME GUSTA!

Game of Thrones (Show)

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 16:11:39

At 6/10/12 03:54 PM, SigmaNoob wrote: This show... ME GUSTA!

Your 9gag is showing.

The House of the Undying scene was fucked up. There was was so much foreshadowing in the book, it's insane reading the book a 2nd time.

But what I'm most worried about is "That Scene".

If done right, it has the potential to be the most incredible scene in TV history. But if they fuck it up, or REMOVE it, the show will be dead to me.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 16:47:43

If THAT scene is the Red Wedding, then the creators will do all in their power to make it amazing, they've said it's their dream scene to put on screen and so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 16:49:18

At 6/10/12 04:11 PM, phrozonfire wrote: But what I'm most worried about is "That Scene".

If done right, it has the potential to be the most incredible scene in TV history. But if they fuck it up, or REMOVE it, the show will be dead to me.

I'm terrified Roose and Jaime will never cross paths and he'll be unable to send Robb his regards.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 17:24:56

At 6/10/12 04:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm terrified Roose and Jaime will never cross paths and he'll be unable to send Robb his regards.

Well Bolton's in the show, it'd make no sense for their paths not to cross.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 17:33:45

At 6/10/12 05:24 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 6/10/12 04:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm terrified Roose and Jaime will never cross paths and he'll be unable to send Robb his regards.
Well Bolton's in the show, it'd make no sense for their paths not to cross.

They've fucked with Harrenhal so much though. Brave Companions (or at least Hoat) being cast is a good sign, but the lack of Weasel Soup isn't.

I really hope the Greatjon was only missing for this season and will be back, too. Need him at that wedding.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 19:21:04

Sunday nears its end, and a lack of Game of Thrones leaves me sad.

Anyway, I've started reading the books. I really wanted to hold out and watch the entire series before reading the books. Because I saw the show before I even knew about the books, I have (had?) a little more loyalty towards the show. Mainly I didn't want to see any spoilers by reading the books.

Upon the realization this series wont be over until I am at least 27 years old (I suspect longer) I have giving up on holding off from reading the books.

Finally I was wondering if anyone with video editing capabilities could create a video containing clips of Jon Snow and Ygritte set to this song. It would be so hilariously terrible.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 19:36:18

cant wait for season 3

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 19:49:10

At 6/10/12 03:54 PM, SigmaNoob wrote: This show... ME GUSTA!

Because of the titties?

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 19:49:30

At 6/10/12 07:44 PM, Crink wrote:
At 6/10/12 07:36 PM, brmalone wrote: cant wait for season 3

neither can i

i hope they put in more ros scenes and make her a main character.

me too :)

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 19:49:46

All these people saying they're not gonna read the books is amusing.

Do you really think you'll be able to avoid spoilers for 7 years?

I was Xbox Live the other day playing Max Payne 3 and someone was shouting out "**** DIES!" "****** DIES!"

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-10 23:16:58

At 6/10/12 10:08 PM, Bees wrote: i think season 1 did a good job of adapting the book. season 2 was mediocre at best.

Yeah, I read the first book up to about where Ned got captured by Jaime before I stopped for school reasons and the show adapted it spot on, though I think they might have made Tyrion slightly cooler in the show than in the book. Maybe I just didn't get through enough that had to do with Tyrion. I felt like around season 2 they just started to kinda cram shit together and cut some thinks out, mostly from Dany's story but to be fair she's not that interesting right now, cause I guess they had to fit in everything leading up to and everything happening in the Battle of Blackwater in just 10 episodes. Obviously I didn't read the book equivalent to the events of season 2 so I can't really back that claim up, but I just kinda get that feeling from the way season 2 felt more rushed than season 1. And of course from everyone saying they're skipping important stuff from Dany's story.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-15 20:52:42

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/hbo-pulls-episode-in-wake-
of-bush-head-flap/

Episode 10 of season 1 pulled from on demand services, rotation and production of DVDs/Blu-rays halted, because in that scene where Joffrey shows Sansa the heads, one of them is George Bush.

It's going to be removed from the episode permanently.

Glad I have an original print Blu-ray.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-15 20:57:42

At 6/15/12 08:52 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/hbo-pulls-episode-in-wake-
of-bush-head-flap/

Episode 10 of season 1 pulled from on demand services, rotation and production of DVDs/Blu-rays halted, because in that scene where Joffrey shows Sansa the heads, one of them is George Bush.

It's going to be removed from the episode permanently.

Glad I have an original print Blu-ray.

This is just silly. They clearly tilted the head and gave it a wig so it wouldn't be recognizable. And it isn't recognizable. Its simply a non-issue. If anything I'm only upset because it takes me out of the Song of Ice and Fire Universe ever so slightly.

LOOP

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-06-28 19:25:50

Tara Fitzgerald cast in season 3.

Judging from reference to her and Dragonstone in a twitter post by the actress playing Melisandre who's name escapes me at the minute, she's probably Selyse.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-01 08:53:12

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/clive-russell-cast-as-the-
blackfish/

We have a Blackfish.

Spot on casting. Lessens some of my worries about the recent casting of "Myranda", who appears to be another fucking original character, and we've seen how shite the show is at handling them.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-02 19:46:38

Game of Thrones
WHY IT'S AWESOME: [HOPE LOVE WARFARE DRAGONS VIOLENCE MONARCHY DESIRE DESPAIR] How does the men at Home Box Office studios balance all this into a single show AND have enough room to hold tens of hundreds of characters? If you think about it for a while, the concept is risky. You'd need actors that are willing to do ANYTHING for the camera to be perfect, a heartfelt storyline, but, most importantly, we have to care. The story is based on A Song of Ice and Fire, which isn't a well-known series, but, trust me, after finishing the first few episodes, you'll be running to a bookstore, begging for one. The actors and the dialogue they share let you bond with them as they progress through the above mentioned terms. Therefore, GoT does manage to finish the much-anticipated series and change it into a much-delivering one. You simply HAVE to check out Game of Thrones. Otherwise, you might not have lived.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-02 19:54:28

Well, here's a little smart asshole.
1. Don't judge a book by its cover. Did you hear about that one smartass?
2. Did you actually READ any medieval fantasy novels? Because if you did, you need to move on from those history books.
3. You haven't even BONDED with the characters yet. Why? Because you keep judging it.
4. Give examples of some cliche medieval fantasy. History? It's SUPPOSED to be based off history retard.
5. Are you one of those people who only like the titties? If you are, you're in the wrong place.
6. Lastly... fuck you.
GOOD DAY. :)

At 5/12/11 11:52 PM, Rallard wrote: I only watched one episode, but I didn't like it.

The story was cliche medieval fantasy bullshit that has been done a million times before, the characters are unforgettable and bland (with the exception of maybe the royal dwarf, who is only memorable because he's a dwarf who has orgies with a ton of normal sized chicks), and nothing about it impresses me.

So no, I don't like it. I heard the books are good but judging from the show, it's the same old shit. I've seen dungeon and dragon campaigns more original than this.

3.5/10.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-02 19:56:46

At 6/10/12 07:36 PM, brmalone wrote: cant wait for season 3

Me neither. So far, I just can't see how it can get any better.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-02 19:58:35

At 6/10/12 12:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: Looking back at the season as a whole the thing I'm most disappointed about is gutting of all prophecy and mystery.

The same thing happened to the Harry Potter series.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-03 12:51:35

At 7/2/12 07:58 PM, lucariopokemonsonic wrote:
At 6/10/12 12:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: Looking back at the season as a whole the thing I'm most disappointed about is gutting of all prophecy and mystery.
The same thing happened to the Harry Potter series.

LOL @ harry potter

Also, don't respond to posts from a longtime ago - I.E. your reply to that negative post from the first page. :P

Also also, next year I will audition as a character for this show. I don't care if I have to fly to LA or something for the audition, i'm doing it. FOREALZ.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-03 16:51:24

At 7/3/12 12:51 PM, AniMetal wrote: Also also, next year I will audition as a character for this show. I don't care if I have to fly to LA or something for the audition, i'm doing it. FOREALZ.

My brother tried to get in as an extra for season 3 after hearing they wanted people with martial arts experience (presumably as they'd know how to fall down and such without hurting themselves in battle scenes), but they only accept people based in Northern Ireland, even if you would be able to travel there.

Also you'd be going a bit farther afield than LA, given that most of the filming is in Ireland, Iceland and Malta.

Still a bit concerned about the casting. One woman cast as "Myranda", a character not in the books (there is a minor character, but she's much older and appears later on), and two more women cast as unspecified characters. One looks about right for Meera, but the other doesn't really fit anyone, and the only other female character for season 3 who needs casting now is Olenna Redwyne who is an old woman.

Terrified they're either massively modifying characters (ageing down Myranda Royce and moving the part of the story she's involved in forward or Nathalie Emmanuel's character being an older Missandei) or creating more new characters for the show, which has NEVER gone well. Look at fucking Talisa.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-04 09:27:30

At 7/3/12 04:51 PM, TheMaster wrote: My brother tried to get in as an extra for season 3 after hearing they wanted people with martial arts experience (presumably as they'd know how to fall down and such without hurting themselves in battle scenes), but they only accept people based in Northern Ireland, even if you would be able to travel there.

Also you'd be going a bit farther afield than LA, given that most of the filming is in Ireland, Iceland and Malta.

DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMZZZZZ

Look at fucking Talisa.

At least that Robb / Talisa sexscene is probably the only sex scene in the entire show that was actually cute and not some kind of disgusting.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-05 18:24:11

I laughed.

Game of Thrones (Show)

LOOP

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-05 18:34:56

At 7/3/12 04:51 PM, TheMaster wrote: but they only accept people based in Northern Ireland, even if you would be able to travel there.

I think they film the scenes in Winterfell just down the road from where I live. I forget if they still do stuff there but I know that they still film here in County Antrim.

My brother and me actually wanted to sign up as extras before, but they have a weird new casting system that involves owning a credit card or something, apparently.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-05 18:57:10

I really want to watch it, 'cause my friend is always telling me how good it is, so I guess I'll have to catch up sometime.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-05 23:02:41

season two was really a huge disappointment

-replacing Jeyne with "strong independent woman who don't need no man" Talisa
-making Stannis seem like a power-hungry villain rather than someone who is only begrudgingly chasing the throne out of a sense of duty
-making Robb marry under the fucking Seven
-changing Robb's motivation from "ashamed of his actions and marrying out of honor" to "fuck my oaths imma marry this chick"
-that awful clusterfuck that was the Mereen storyline
-completely ruining the entire House of the Undying sequence
-Arya not killing the guard
-weasel soup being removed
-Roose being changed from "creepy as fuck" to "generic angry lord #9473291209"

those are just a few i can think of off the top of my head, but there were certainly more

the only thing I can think of that they improved was Theon's storyline

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-05 23:05:02

At 7/5/12 11:02 PM, Ptero wrote: -that awful clusterfuck that was the Mereen storyline

Qarth, not Mereen.

my bad.