00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Maxicranky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones (Show)

59,235 Views | 630 Replies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 21:09:59

Here's what I hate. Jamie is played up to be this baddass swordsman yet the whole series he's had one fight with stark which he didn't win... his guard stopped it
he gets his ass kicked by briene, sure he was chained etc... and now his hand just gets chopped up!
LAAAAAAAMEEEEEE

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 22:39:00

At 4/15/13 09:09 PM, arcadeboredom wrote: Here's what I hate. Jamie is played up to be this baddass swordsman yet the whole series he's had one fight with stark which he didn't win... his guard stopped it
he gets his ass kicked by briene, sure he was chained etc... and now his hand just gets chopped up!
LAAAAAAAMEEEEEE

That's exactly what Brienne said, that maybe he wasn't as good as he used to be or maybe people just love to praise a famous name; maybe he was a good swordman before what we have seen on the show or maybe he's not a good swordman at all and he never was.

And I was gladly surprised to find out the band that played the closing song this episode was The Hold Steady. Great band, I liked their early stuff, I had no idea they were still making music.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-16 10:21:54

Don't be posting spoilers, it's a pathetic, attention-seeking thing to do.

If you've read the books, don't try to ruin it for those who are watching it on TV.

Anybody sees anybody posting spoilers in this thread, PM me and I'll deal with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-16 10:31:34

At 4/16/13 10:21 AM, NEVR wrote: Don't be posting spoilers, it's a pathetic, attention-seeking thing to do.

If you've read the books, don't try to ruin it for those who are watching it on TV.

Anybody sees anybody posting spoilers in this thread, PM me and I'll deal with them.

What's the policy on "spoilers" relating to things that have been cut/changed on the show? As in, it'll be a spoiler if you haven't read the book and plan to, but it isn't a spoiler if you're just watching the show because it was removed?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-16 10:42:40

At 4/16/13 10:31 AM, TheMaster wrote: What's the policy on "spoilers" relating to things that have been cut/changed on the show? As in, it'll be a spoiler if you haven't read the book and plan to, but it isn't a spoiler if you're just watching the show because it was removed?

Things which have been cut out of the books for the show are fine. Extra details on things that have already happened won't ruin the future enjoyment for anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-16 10:44:24

At 4/16/13 10:42 AM, NEVR wrote: Things which have been cut out of the books for the show are fine. Extra details on things that have already happened won't ruin the future enjoyment for anyone.

I liked how they kept in the nipple cutting scene when Dany was checking out the Unsullied.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-16 10:56:51

At 4/15/13 09:09 PM, arcadeboredom wrote: Here's what I hate. Jamie is played up to be this baddass swordsman yet the whole series he's had one fight with stark which he didn't win... his guard stopped it
LAAAAAAAMEEEEEE

This is how GRRM likes to deal with his "legends". All the amazing deeds characters have done prior to the books, or during them, happen off screen. This way instead of seeing the real man, you see their image, which is what really matters.

It's why Robb is only in one chapter in the second book. All that stuff that happened last season is told to the reader through reports Catelyn receives in Riverrun, or through Robb's enemies discussing their defeats.

We hear that Jaime single handedly killed 10 men trying to get to Robb before being captured, but we also hear that Robb rides a giant wolf into battle.

There's no doubt Jaime was a great swordsman, but perhaps not the unstoppable superman he paints himself as.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-05-26 15:23:41

How is everyone feeling about the third season so far? I have no doubt episode 9 will be a knockout, but I've been hearing by my friends(who aren't die hard fans) that they feel this season has sort flat-lined as it goes on.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 02:38:32

At 5/26/13 03:23 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: How is everyone feeling about the third season so far? I have no doubt episode 9 will be a knockout, but I've been hearing by my friends(who aren't die hard fans) that they feel this season has sort flat-lined as it goes on.

You should ask your friends what they think of it now, holy fuck that Red Wedding. I knew shit was going to go down as soon as I heard, The Rains of Castamere cue up.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 09:19:20

At 6/3/13 02:38 AM, LT-CARTERBLAKE wrote: You should ask your friends what they think of it now, holy fuck that Red Wedding. I knew shit was going to go down as soon as I heard, The Rains of Castamere cue up.

Some of my friends who read the book told me, way back when the show started, that they couldn't wait to see how the "Red Wedding" was going to be put on screen. I didn't want the moment spoiled so I didn't ask for any details and god damn I'm glad I didn't. When the doors closed in the throne room, you could see on Catelyn's face that something was wrong. The build-up was so awkward and tense and the final moment with the coat of chain was genious. Anyway, the Red Wedding didn't dissapoint. Dear god I can't wait to see the aftermath next week!

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 10:47:56

I dont have any friends that haver read the books or seen game of thrones, so i was blown away by the red wedding plot change.
It was so unexpected that i almost lost my jaw when they started attacking.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 10:50:59

Also did you guys notice there werent any lannisters in rains of castamere?

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 11:02:46

At 6/3/13 10:50 AM, godawesome wrote: Also did you guys notice there werent any lannisters in rains of castamere?

There was a mention of them at the very end when...

***SPOILER ALERT***
...Roose Bolton stabs Robb in the heart :

"The Lannisters send their regards."

Fuck that sentence sent chills down my spine...

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 11:05:44

Also did you guys notice there werent any lannisters in rains of castamere?

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 11:25:34

Red Wedding was almost perfect. I would have liked Grey Wind to get loose and fuck some Freys up before getting put down, but I guess we already had one wolf scene this episode and the budget isn't infinite.

Mildly disappointed Roose's role was changed a bit, would have liked that real twist of the knife where it looks like he's come to the rescue before his men kill Smalljon, but any slight problems are vastly outweighed by just how good Michelle Fairley is and how perfect David Bradley is as Walder Frey.

Not really sure what we'll get next episode. I was expecting Dany's stuff from this one to be what we ended the season with, so I don't know where they'll go from here. Saw Asha/Yara in the trailer there so we might even be getting a little bit from A Feast For Crows.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 12:16:41

That episode was damn amazing, I kept waking up and thinking about it during the night. I generally avoid internet chatter about Game of Thrones because I worry about reading spoilers from book readers... But just thought I'd pop in and say WOAH.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 12:41:16

At 6/3/13 12:26 PM, Bees wrote: honestly if you never read the books at least read catelyn and arya's chapters on the red wedding, they are fucking amazing. the writing and imagery and tense build up, absolutely superb. did the show include the two tents playing two different songs up until the end? that's the best fucking part to be honest. gotta watch it tonight

The camps were brushed over. Budget I suppose, you see soldiers heading from the Twins' gatehouse towards the camp which you also see from a distance as Arya approaches, but you don't see anything happening there.

I thought the music was a bit odd, too. Only Cat seemed to register that the Rains of Castamere was playing, and it stopped before the slaughter began.

Again, not a big deal, because they still nailed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 18:03:47

Am I the only one who found the Red Wedding scene kinda hilarious?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 18:09:22

All of this recent talk (and hate, if Twitter is anything to go by) had piqued my interest in the show, so today I decided to actually give Game of Thrones a shot and see what all the fuss about, starting with the first episode.
Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm officially hooked onto the show now.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 18:16:10

GOOD NEWS! George RR Martin has been working on his next book so the Show doesn't overtake the Book Series!

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 18:30:36

At 6/3/13 06:09 PM, Klobb17 wrote: All of this recent talk (and hate, if Twitter is anything to go by) had piqued my interest in the show, so today I decided to actually give Game of Thrones a shot and see what all the fuss about, starting with the first episode.

please do not ever go on the internet before you've watched everything

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-03 18:40:33

At 6/3/13 06:30 PM, Buoy wrote: please do not ever go on the internet before you've watched everything

But I need to go on the internet to watch more episodes! D :

Nah, if this is about spoilers, I'm not too worried. I figure I'd just post that I now like Game of Thrones and completely avoid any discussion related to it.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 01:15:30

The last episode was so intense.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 01:17:22

At 6/3/13 06:16 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: GOOD NEWS! George RR Martin has been working on his next book so the Show doesn't overtake the Book Series!

I'm more afraid of death overtaking GRRM at this point...

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 01:19:50

At 6/3/13 06:50 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 6/3/13 06:03 PM, Painbringer wrote: Am I the only one who found the Red Wedding scene kinda hilarious?
Nope, it was pretty pathetic in the way of special effects and looked hilarious. Shoulda hired Tom Savini to do some gore.

I also found some of the bloodier shots unconvincing. Particularly the one at the very end. (I like her character, but that scream of agony could have been a lot more persuasive.)

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 01:22:20

At 6/5/13 01:20 AM, Xenomit wrote: Isn't there royal incest in it?

there's that and killing. That's about all I know about the show.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 01:28:45

At 6/5/13 01:22 AM, silverspecks wrote:
At 6/5/13 01:20 AM, Xenomit wrote: Isn't there royal incest in it?
there's that and killing. That's about all I know about the show.

The main focus is political intrigue, power grabs and people trying to outwit other people. The cornucopia of morally questionable sex and violence is just a part of that.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 03:13:06

why did they change the line from 'jaime lannister sends his regards' to 'the lannisters send their regards

the former line is better but I guess they didn't want to confuse t.v audiences or something lol

Game of Thrones (Show)

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 03:46:25

At 6/3/13 06:09 PM, Klobb17 wrote: All of this recent talk (and hate, if Twitter is anything to go by) had piqued my interest in the show, so today I decided to actually give Game of Thrones a shot and see what all the fuss about, starting with the first episode.

The first episode immersed me, and I couldn't stop watching for a good while. I'm all caught up with the current episode, and I must say it was dead sexy. I can't wait to see the aftermath of that shit. /throat

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-06-05 08:01:48

At 6/3/13 06:16 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: GOOD NEWS! George RR Martin has been working on his next book so the Show doesn't overtake the Book Series!

GRRM has been working on The Winds of Winter for ages, and has released a couple of sample chapters and read others at cons and the like. The issue isn't if that'll be out on time, it's if A Dream of Spring will be. There's still another 3 or 4 seasons worth of content in what's left of A Storm of Swords and all of A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, which should be enough time for The Winds of Winter to come out. The problem will be getting that last book out on time.

At 6/5/13 03:13 AM, Halberd wrote: why did they change the line from 'jaime lannister sends his regards' to 'the lannisters send their regards

the former line is better but I guess they didn't want to confuse t.v audiences or something lol

Basically, yeah. They didn't want people assuming Jaime was behind it somehow.

I think that's one of my biggest problems with the show. They don't seem to have any faith in their audience. The sort of person who's going to be really invested in this type of show isn't going to get confused if you have two characters with similar names, but they still changed Asha's so she wouldn't be mixed up with Osha.

I do quite enjoy that they thought the audience would react the same way Catelyn did, since she also assumed it was Jaime's doing when she heard that line.

BBS Signature