00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Samurai2513 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium)

1,721 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 19:44:05

So I am looking to buy a new tablet. Right now I have the bamboo medium.
I love to draw in my spare time and lately I have been drawing more and more and I feel I am in need for an upgrade (I have had my small bamboo for 2 years now)
I have compared both the Bamboo Fun and the Intuos 4 so I know all the technical differences, however, I always prefer to hear other people's opinions before I make such a big purchase....

The big thing for me is the price and the fact that the intuos 4 doesn't come with the photoshop elements 7 and Corel Painter 4.0.... however the higher resolution and sensitivity would be nice...

- Any ideas?
- What tablet do you guys have or prefer?
- This will most likely be the last tablet I buy for 5-10 years, so would just going full out for the intuos 4 be best?
- I have no idea where to begin with what art/ paint programs to purchase if I were to buy the Intuos 4, so some suggestions for that would be nice too... ^^""""

Any opinions would be awesome!
Thank you

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 19:51:14

Uh, this isn't the thread for that you should've probably looked at the forum rules before you posted your question.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 19:54:15

At 3/22/11 07:51 PM, GMoose14 wrote: Uh, this isn't the thread for that you should've probably looked at the forum rules before you posted your question.

oops, sorry!
Out of all the options I thought this woud be best...
Ok, i will go look again

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:01:00

...actually, this is the right place... but this has been asked like a gazillion times and I don't feel like answering it... but I'm sure others will. So while you wait for them, you could try the search bar at the bottom of the forum pages.

Good luck :)

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:02:39

At 3/22/11 07:51 PM, GMoose14 wrote: Uh, this isn't the thread for that you should've probably looked at the forum rules before you posted your question.

... what the hell are you talking about? Course this is the right place. And what rule is he breaking?

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:02:52

Thanks =)

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:08:31

I gotta run to class now but I will do as Nae suggested and go look up some past forums on this subject.
I'm really torn between the two...

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:10:27

At 3/22/11 08:08 PM, BoobyDaBunny wrote: I gotta run to class now but I will do as Nae suggested and go look up some past forums on this subject.
I'm really torn between the two...

It depends what you wanna do. Both are great tablets, the intuos4 has a few extra features that I've actually become attached to, but it is a bit pricier. I wouldn't know much about the fun, I've never used it.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:11:03

Rulebook tossing aside, I'd just like to throw in here that I actually have a review of both of them side-by-side right here.

I have an Intuos 4, which I upgraded to due to my Bamboo losing functionality. The Intuos is a great tablet. However, the bamboo is still good and the difference between the two isn't so significant that you should just go spend a lot of money on an Intuos. The Intuos can be purchased with Corel Painter 11 (the one you mention is Corel Painter ESSENTIALS 4, which is a slightly dumbed down version of the full program) for a some extra money; this is how I bought it, and I thought it was fairly worthwhile. Keep in mind, however, that my bamboo had ceased working and I was in need of a new tablet, so I figured I'd go the extra mile and get a better one.

Bottom Line: The Intuos is a better tablet, but isn't necessarily worth the price tag if you already have a functioning Wacom.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:25:45

At 3/22/11 08:02 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
... what the hell are you talking about? Course this is the right place. And what rule is he breaking?

Oh... Sorry, I remembered there being some rule about having to post some art with your first post, but I think I may have been wrong. I didn't mean to sound mean, sorry if I misread.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:28:18

At 3/22/11 08:25 PM, GMoose14 wrote:
At 3/22/11 08:02 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
Oh... Sorry, I remembered there being some rule about having to post some art with your first post, but I think I may have been wrong. I didn't mean to sound mean, sorry if I misread.

That rule used to exist, yes, but it was done away with during a tragic mishap involving various site admins.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:28:51

At 3/22/11 08:25 PM, GMoose14 wrote: Oh... Sorry, I remembered there being some rule about having to post some art with your first post, but I think I may have been wrong. I didn't mean to sound mean, sorry if I misread.

That rule was eliminated a long time ago man..... long ago.

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:30:34

At 3/22/11 08:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/22/11 08:25 PM, GMoose14 wrote: Oh... Sorry, I remembered there being some rule about having to post some art with your first post, but I think I may have been wrong. I didn't mean to sound mean, sorry if I misread.
That rule was eliminated a long time ago man..... long ago.

I haven't been on newgrounds for a while so I didn't know...

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:33:32

At 3/22/11 08:28 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
That rule used to exist, yes, but it was done away with during a tragic mishap involving various site admins.

Farewell "starter pic rule", we will never forget you and the war you died in. :'(

As for the tablets, if you are sure that you will have to upgrade to an intous someday anyway, then it's a good choice.

Do I get it right, you get photoshop elements with the Bamboo Fun but not with the Intous? In that case the Fun is a good deal at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:34:46

At 3/22/11 07:44 PM, BoobyDaBunny wrote: The big thing for me is the price and the fact that the intuos 4 doesn't come with the photoshop elements 7 and Corel Painter 4.0.... however the higher resolution and sensitivity would be nice...

Unless they've changed it since I got mine, it does come with elements 7 and corel painter
if anything they've probably put better offers since then.

Naturally intuos is better than bamboo, but is it necessary at all? Nope. The things I do with my intuos could have easily been done on my bamboo, I just like the slightly larger workspace. Although in retrospect I should have gotten at least a medium, but oh well.

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:38:23

At 3/22/11 08:34 PM, M-Vero wrote:
At 3/22/11 07:44 PM, BoobyDaBunny wrote: The big thing for me is the price and the fact that the intuos 4 doesn't come with the photoshop elements 7 and Corel Painter 4.0.... however the higher resolution and sensitivity would be nice...
Unless they've changed it since I got mine, it does come with elements 7 and corel painter
if anything they've probably put better offers since then.

Naturally intuos is better than bamboo, but is it necessary at all? Nope. The things I do with my intuos could have easily been done on my bamboo, I just like the slightly larger workspace. Although in retrospect I should have gotten at least a medium, but oh well.

I don't think the size matters, really. What makes me love my Intuos are the buttons and the wheel on the side. That wheel makes adjusting brush sizes and scrolling a hell of a lot more convenient. Same with the buttons- being able to undo and redo and such without having to move to my keyboard is much more comfortable to do.
I also find the pen far, far more comfortable to hold than the Bamboo's little plastic block.

I agree with you that it's unnecessary, though. The Bamboo works perfectly well and there isn't anything you can do with the Intuos that you wouldn't also be able to do with a Bamboo.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:53:08

I got my Intuos4 May of last year, and it came with Photoshop Elements 8.
Idk what you are talking about.
Make sure to order it from the wacom website.

Also, my intuos is awesome.

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 20:55:56

Larger drawing space means larger sweeping strokes, and all around more control.

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 22:10:35

Intuos 4 every time.

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-22 23:59:09

At 3/22/11 10:10 PM, Ne7ers wrote: Intuos 4 every time.

Hell yes. Agreed ^^

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-23 00:24:09

God damnit guys, I want to buy a camera with my savings, but you're making me want to upgrade my tablet instead!

Intuos4, stop being so appealing!

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-23 00:33:11

Thank you everyone for your input! It has been very helpful! I knew you NGers would help me make up my mind =3 Reading your posts it seems that it is the Intuos for the win eh ^^
I just want to thank Luxembourg especially for his input here and his amazing review he wrote up on his page, (Its worth checking out)! He and his review have persuaded me to just go with the intuos 4 (and get the bundel well am at it, though it will take a few more weeks of saving up ^^""")

Again, thank you guys for taking the time to help me out!

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-23 00:34:30

At 3/23/11 12:24 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: God damnit guys, I want to buy a camera with my savings, but you're making me want to upgrade my tablet instead!

It is pretty sexy looking isn't it ^^
What camera are you looking to buy?

Response to Bamboo Fun Vs Intuos 4 (medium) 2011-03-23 01:48:38

At 3/23/11 12:34 AM, BoobyDaBunny wrote:
At 3/23/11 12:24 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: God damnit guys, I want to buy a camera with my savings, but you're making me want to upgrade my tablet instead!

It is pretty sexy looking isn't it ^^
What camera are you looking to buy?

I'm debating between a Nikon d3100 and a Canon Rebel XSi.
Gonna find out where they are sold locally and try them both out, see which one i like more.
Need to save up a little more, but want one for nice picture taking/documenting big work/etc.