00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,948 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-05 22:13:28

So from watching this I learned how to get easy jet points.Now I didnt actually develop the ability to fly and then land at certain bases.When the match started I would gently accelerate the jet to point A.(I play on Ps3 this was on the map Caspian border btw)I unlocked IR flares and Heat seekers in a matter of seconds.It was awesome.Of course its not very fair but I was willing to sacrifice some integrity for an edge on the battlefield!

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-06 07:47:17

Just had a small update was only like 11MB i think, Anyone know what it was for though?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-07 22:37:37

At 1 day ago, GHOST-KILLA wrote: Just had a small update was only like 11MB i think, Anyone know what it was for though?

are you fucking serious? its the voip fix, now we can actually use mics

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 01:00:38

At 1 day ago, Cootie wrote: A tactic that a surprising number of people don't think about is hoping in a scout heli as an engineer and pulling out your repair gun. From the gunner seats you can repair the heli in the air. You miss off people with stingers and your pilot can kill folks the whole match.

We've been doing that for ages in the organized leagues and clans. We've also been doing HALO jumps since forever as well.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 06:38:25

We've been doing that for ages in the organized leagues and clans. We've also been doing HALO jumps since forever as well.

I've just always assumed this way common knowledge.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 06:41:12

At 2/3/11 09:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: It'll probably be released in March of 2012. You've still got a while.

How wrong you were.

Anyway,
Battlefield 3 is a great game and I hope they make another one with even more amazing graphics.

Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 06:50:40

What does NG think of my Aggressive Recon Playlist?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 12:29:12

At 8 days ago, SouthAsian wrote: The person who mentioned that leveling jets was hard isnt kidding.I only managed 20 points in all of my jet play.Im just grateful that the experience needed for the first unlock is only 300 points.

I'm halfway to the 3rd service star for jets! It really helps if you know real-life dogfighting tactics as well as a wingman that actually knows what he/she is doing. Also, if you don't have patience and determination, you'll get shot out of the sky pretty often. But really, having a Jet dogtag should earn a lot more respect as it is ten times harder to get kills and it takes much more skill to do so. That's what makes them so much fun!

I'm trying my hand at attack choppers now. I think I have only about 200 kills with them because flares are useless.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-08 22:56:54

use the transport.....choppa

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-10 09:10:19

As much as I like the game, I think the time it takes for EA/Dice to release patches is fucking appalling. Famas is still OP, USAS-12 with Frag round is still OP, driver assists points are still way less than they should be, and from what I gather there are still plenty of hackers in BF3, while innocent players continue to get banned on PC. There's a whole bunch more, EA really needs to get its act together, this being their biggest franchise, you'd have thought they'd care.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-13 16:24:07

I just got the Frag Rounds for the USAS-12 and I already feel like a cunt. Using it with just Buckshot felt bad enough, but the Frag rounds just feel like cheating.

Also, the FAMAS sucks, I don't know how you can say it's overpowered, the recoil is massive because it fires too quickly.

As an attempt to revamp this thread a little bit, what are everyone's Best Guns/Vehicles?

Weapon-wise I've got the M249 with 629 kills and the M1 Abrams with 137 kills as my Best Vehicle.

Almost level 44.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-13 17:43:34

I ran 2 losers over with the loader on Wake Island last night, my friend was in the back shooting at em and I was like "no bro lemme blast dese suckas"
so I did and got 30G.

I also got MVP cause i'm better than everyone ever u jelly u jelly 420 420

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-13 18:01:51

I need people to play with (PC)... I is lonely shooting people all on my lonesome... Actually, I don't do a whole lot of killing... I'm one hell of a medic though, last game I was #4 on my team (In a 32v32 game) with a KD of 7:13, but a shit ton of healing/revives/spots/suppression/kill assists/squad spawns.

I'm kind of like a beacon for my squad and a health dispenser for everyone else... True support... because I kinda suck at actually killing people.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-13 19:59:22

At 5 days ago, EmmaVolt wrote:
I'm halfway to the 3rd service star for jets! It really helps if you know real-life dogfighting tactics as well as a wingman that actually knows what he/she is doing. Also, if you don't have patience and determination, you'll get shot out of the sky pretty often. But really, having a Jet dogtag should earn a lot more respect as it is ten times harder to get kills and it takes much more skill to do so. That's what makes them so much fun!

I'm trying my hand at attack choppers now. I think I have only about 200 kills with them because flares are useless.

Lately I seem to have improved but my ability to be agile and switching between the cannon and heat seekers needs more work.Oh I guess I forgot to mention I manged to level up and get IR flares and heat seekers.One day I literally drove the jet into base A on the Caspian map.It was sort of underhanded but the youtube video showing how to do it made me curious and I realized I was moving up too slow like 20 points a match if I tried to shoot down other jets with only the cannon..lol.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-14 10:22:40

Yeeeah buddy..

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-14 19:09:02

I'm so good at flying Jets some guy even accused me of having an aimbot.

Do Xbox 360 Jet aimbots even exist?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-14 23:40:08

At 4 hours ago, Snuff wrote: I'm so good at flying Jets some guy even accused me of having an aimbot.

Do Xbox 360 Jet aimbots even exist?

No. Don't know if you know, but it would be my advice to almost every pilot. The ideal turn speed is 300ish, no under though. Annoyinhly the F-35 enters hover mode a little under that speed.

Got this message from a guy who was my gunner in an AH-1Z. I realised I was good at piloting, I can do the whole 2 feet off the ground at 70mph thing, but that's easy, it's turning around right and getting a beasty swoop in a struggle with. I'd make a hell of a transport helicopter pilot, but the damn things are so big I always hits my rear tail on something.

It's all pretty simple when you know what to do, hear a locking sound? You gotta fly mega low and they will lose you. Killing other attack helicopters is easy, you just need to get above them with heat seekers. Honestly, the biggest problem is stray soldiers targeting you from a distance.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-15 13:35:02

Attack Helicopters are a lot of fun. I had the same sort of thing happen the other day, but I was the gunner. This guy was a great pilot, he'd do all the maneuvers that I would've done in the situation, like you said, flying low at high speeds to avoid lock on's, we also defended the enemies helicopter until our team stole it. But yeah, the soldiers are very irritating, all you need to do is look at as much of the map as you can while they're locking on, then when they fire, trace the missile and light that area up.

Scout Helicopters can be a little more difficult depending on the other team. Only because the most likely place to get one is on the Canals map, where the enemy has a buttload of tanks, and it's really not too difficult to bring down a helicopter that's flying low with the main gun of a tank. I mean, I bought a jet down with one, and they fly around all crazy like.

Also, I swear so many people had started to use the AS VAL, I noticed it just as I got to around level 44 and then to 45. Didn't both using it because I hated it in the Comrades mission.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-15 17:59:18

I definitely prefer flying the scout helicopters. They're more agile and I feel more comfortable flying low in them because it's easier to pull a last minute manoeuvres and save your bacon. Plus, I just seem to get far more kills with their machine guns than I do with the cannons on the attack helicopters.

It feels like an eternity since I last played BF3. I think this weekend, once my current coursework is out the way, I'll have a few games at some point. Any of the usual Xbox BF3 crew up for a few games?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 00:06:32

Ok, you all play BF3, so it stands to reason you're pretty familiar with the mechanics...

Here's a question I can't seem to find a concrete answer to anywhere:

Does sprinting make you show up on the other teams radar/minimap?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 04:14:28

At 4 hours ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Does sprinting make you show up on the other teams radar/minimap?

Not as far as I'm aware. I think the only way to show up on the enemy minimap is if any enemy player spots you or you fire an unsuppressed weapon. It's possible that there are a few other ways, but I don't think sprinting is one of them.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 04:19:19

At 4 hours ago, Cootie wrote: As a man from the ground, I think that these are often easier for me to shoot down with a Stinger missile.

Meant to respond to this in my last post but forgot. I don't find dodging the stingers all that hard. Usually I can see who's locking on to me and then I just take them down with the machines guns. Failing that, I'll just keep flying behind cover, making them lose the lock and having to start over.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 04:36:13

At 15 minutes ago, Dean wrote:
At 4 hours ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Does sprinting make you show up on the other teams radar/minimap?
Not as far as I'm aware. I think the only way to show up on the enemy minimap is if any enemy player spots you or you fire an unsuppressed weapon. It's possible that there are a few other ways, but I don't think sprinting is one of them.

Just curious, because it seems like every time I start sprinting somewhere everyone suddenly turns around and fills me with bullets before I manage to flank them... Or I'll be stalking someone for a knife kill and moments before I get within stabbing distance they'll turn around and fire like they knew I was coming.

Guess it could just be bad luck, it's something I'd love to test out, maybe get a couple NGers together on an empty server and figure these things out. I'm anal about knowing how everything works in a game when I want to do well in said game, as I kind of rely more on my knowledge of game mechanics/physics/terrain/etc. than I do pure twitch reflex to get kills.

Mostly because my twitch reflexes suck balls.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 06:02:11

I don't see how you could come up on the map when sprinting from my experience. I've sprinted after enemies for literally a minute trying to knife him (I figure he had Sprint Spec on), and he never had any idea I was there. And when clearing buildings, the enemies never know I'm there (unless one of them is watching the stairs anyway), regardless of whether I sprint up the stairs.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 06:47:17

At 39 minutes ago, Snuff wrote: I don't see how you could come up on the map when sprinting from my experience. I've sprinted after enemies for literally a minute trying to knife him (I figure he had Sprint Spec on), and he never had any idea I was there. And when clearing buildings, the enemies never know I'm there (unless one of them is watching the stairs anyway), regardless of whether I sprint up the stairs.

Guess it's just my bad luck then, it's very, very, very rare I'm able to sneak up on anyone... even if I practically crawl up behind them, something always seems to make them want to turn around and shoot me in the face. And incidentally, people always show up behind me to slit my throat moments after I just confirmed there's no one behind me.

On another note, were you guys able to finish the campaign? I decided to do it... just because... but I'm stuck on Comrades, when I get to the point where you're supposed to progress to the second floor, the other dude just stands by the door on the first floor forever... making it impossible to move forward, tried restarting from checkpoint, restarting the level, shooting at him, throwing a grenade, waiting... everything... I can't get through the campaign because of this bug.
Worse yet... I found a post about this on the BF3 forums made back in November... so DICE should know about it... but they have yet to fix it.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 09:32:08

If they have their volume loud enough they'll be able to hear you running up behind them.

I did finish the campaign on hard, mainly for the achievements I guess. I didn't find it all that exciting, although I never do with these kind of games. I buy them for the multiplayer and that's it.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 09:32:33

Unless you want achievements then you're damned lucky that you can't experience the rest of that god awful campaign.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 09:53:55

I don't necessarily want achievements... I just figured I'd get it out of the way... I did buy the game primarily for multiplayer. I was also hoping for a jet/heli mission so I could get used to the controls without crashing my squad into the ground during a multiplayer match.

Or do such missions exist? Where you get full control over the jet or heli? I already did the mission where you're acting as the gunner in the jet... but that obviously doesn't let you control the jet itself.
If a mission like that doesn't exist... I won't be too upset that I can't continue the campaign and I'll just stick to multiplayer.

Although it would be nice to do Coop at some point.. I tried joining matchmaking for that, but apparently nobody else does coop.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 11:17:21

Nah you don't get any missions like that. Only other vehicle mission is the Tank one I think.

Also I swear there's always randomers playing Co-Op, they're usually pretty shit though.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-16 11:23:00

At 2 minutes ago, Snuff wrote: Nah you don't get any missions like that. Only other vehicle mission is the Tank one I think.

In that case, I may not bother even trying to finish the campaign, that's really all I was looking for.

Also I swear there's always randomers playing Co-Op, they're usually pretty shit though.

If there are, I chose a bad time, cause matchmaking found absolutely nobody for me to do coop with.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature