00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,950 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 16:00:46

At 10/2/11 03:56 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Not really. The fact is, is that the first day of the beta, there were little to zero bugs present. Second day, people falling through the ground, grenades getting stuck in bushes, flashing green and black screens, etc. etc.

Clearly testing code.

Hmm, I wasn't there for the first 2 days (27th and 28th), so if that is indeed the case, my mistake and apologies.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 16:36:52

I'm kind of tempted to just push the Beta aside for now and just wait it out. But I agree, this does feel much more like Call of Duty than Battlefield right now. Meanwhile, the framerate seems awfully low on my machine, which can't be on my end with two Nvida GeForce GTX 550 Ti cards, 12 GM RAM, and a 3.46 GHZ processor going. Regardless, the FPS feels like its something around 10-15, which pretty much ruins my aiming.

So yeah, I don't know what it is, but I seriously hope the frames per second in the actual game won't be this bad.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 17:03:50

At 10/2/11 04:36 PM, RazorHawk wrote: I'm kind of tempted to just push the Beta aside for now and just wait it out. But I agree, this does feel much more like Call of Duty than Battlefield right now. Meanwhile, the framerate seems awfully low on my machine, which can't be on my end with two Nvida GeForce GTX 550 Ti cards, 12 GM RAM, and a 3.46 GHZ processor going. Regardless, the FPS feels like its something around 10-15, which pretty much ruins my aiming.

So yeah, I don't know what it is, but I seriously hope the frames per second in the actual game won't be this bad.

run the beta again, then hold down CTRL + SHIFT + S
This will display your current framerate.

Also, did you download the new drivers for your cards?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 20:43:16

I have not tried the beta, and I doubt I will, but the game still looks interesting from what I have seen from videos and pictures. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was amazing and I expect the sequel to be even more riveting. Campaign has never held my attention, though; I've always played on multiplayer before anything else.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 20:44:48

I've picked up the beta for ps3 (please don't crucify me), and I'm really enjoying it. I probably won't purchase this game for a while though, I need a break from the FPS genre.

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 22:16:14

At 10/2/11 05:03 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:

run the beta again, then hold down CTRL + SHIFT + S
This will display your current framerate.

Also, did you download the new drivers for your cards?

Sorry, CTRL + ALT + S

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 22:21:26

Excuse me, but at what level do you actually unlock the m1911 and mp7 for I have not yet seen anyone with these weapons.
Were they taken out.
Also pp2000 is an overpowered piece of shit. Deal.

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 22:32:04

At 10/2/11 10:21 PM, Freddythealien wrote: Excuse me, but at what level do you actually unlock the m1911 and mp7 for I have not yet seen anyone with these weapons.
Were they taken out.
Also pp2000 is an overpowered piece of shit. Deal.

http://www.google.com/

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 22:38:04

The 870 is my hammer of justice on the fools who are on the other team. M16+ACOG+heavy barrel+foregrip is also sweet. Sucks that anything I unlocked will be reset on the real game.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 23:06:08

LMAO, fun with C4! 3 kills, one boom! Anyone even goes NEAR the com stations, BOOM! To be honest, thats the only use I can find for a C4, I can't just babysit a bomb all day. Well, they do make craters in the ground, and knock down walls.
Im a medic, and a damn good one, it feels so satisfying imaging some guy raging, "Oh he got me! BITCH!" Then all of a sudden "will you accept the revive?" You can just see the "what?" as soon as someone gets revived, you can tell, because they look around as though they have no idea whats going on.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 23:10:08

I'm really enjoying it now. Can't beat the fun you have when you actually manage to get in a squad with a friend.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 00:03:13

At 10/2/11 11:45 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't get how people can say that the PP-2000 is over powered. It kills in an average amount of bullets, has a lower amount of recoil, and has a small-ish magazine. Also, learn to hide... nobody can shoot you if they never know you are there.

This isn't COD, cootie. Battlefield players have different expectations.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 00:23:44

At 10/3/11 12:03 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: This isn't COD, cootie. Battlefield players have different expectations.

Yeah. In Bad Company 2 you would take so many rounds before dieing.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 00:37:03

At 10/3/11 12:23 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/3/11 12:03 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/2/11 11:45 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't get how people can say that the PP-2000 is over powered. It kills in an average amount of bullets, has a lower amount of recoil, and has a small-ish magazine. Also, learn to hide... nobody can shoot you if they never know you are there.
This isn't COD, cootie. Battlefield players have different expectations.
This isn't the first Battlefield game I've played/owned. But regardless, I have absolutely no idea how anyone can say this gun is overpowered. Come back when we have a gun like the M60 in BC2 pre-patch.

The only other obviously being BC2. Which hardly resembles the others at all. Again. This isn't COD. Actual veterans of the series are looking for something closer to battlefield 2 regarding balance. Not the complete horse shit in BC2.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 08:08:48

does anyone else LOVE the M1014? I've got a RDS on it and it's so amazing!

Also, G17 Silenced. Nuff Said

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 09:10:04

At 10/3/11 07:35 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/3/11 12:37 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: \
The only other obviously being BC2. Which hardly resembles the others at all. Again. This isn't COD. Actual veterans of the series are looking for something closer to battlefield 2 regarding balance. Not the complete horse shit in BC2.
You still haven't explained how this gun is unbalanced.

Especially considering in wider more open areas (that I expect will be more prevalent in bigger more BF2-esque maps) the pp-2000 will be next to useless.

pp2k is fine

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 09:15:38

I would have gotten it on the PC if it wasnt for Origin. The console version will be a port too. This is the first BF game I will not have bought for a very long time, so Im kind of disappointed.

On the other hand, its really broken apparently, so heres some flying vehicles.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 09:39:54

At 10/3/11 09:10 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: pp2k is fine

It's fine in comparison to something like the UMP-45 which you have to admit, is a killing machine.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 09:52:18

At 10/3/11 09:39 AM, simon wrote: It's fine in comparison to something like the UMP-45 which you have to admit, is a killing machine.

Sweet. I unlocked that yesterday so I'll maybe put it to use at some point tonight if I'm on. I still really love using the LMGs with bipods though. Those things really are awesome if you find a good spot.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 10:14:45

On the PS3 version there is a glitch on the first part of operation metro, am I the only one seeing people sinking halfway into the stage, then back up? People crouch, and then sink in, this happens to me. When they die they just fall through.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 10:44:19

At 10/3/11 09:52 AM, Dean wrote: Sweet. I unlocked that yesterday so I'll maybe put it to use at some point tonight if I'm on. I still really love using the LMGs with bipods though. Those things really are awesome if you find a good spot.

It's best at close-medium range so if you like picking off people from a distance I would stick to the LMG w/ bipod.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 10:52:42

At 10/3/11 10:44 AM, simon wrote: It's best at close-medium range so if you like picking off people from a distance I would stick to the LMG w/ bipod.

Understandable I guess, but I might as well try as much out as I can while the beta is around. I've still not found myself using shotguns yet, which is something that I use A LOT in Bad Company 2. Mainly because when you load them with slugs rather than shot, they're incredibly accurate and do loads of damage. Any idea if you can unlock slugs for the shotguns on BF3?

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 10:57:24

At 10/3/11 10:52 AM, Dean wrote: Mainly because when you load them with slugs rather than shot, they're incredibly accurate and do loads of damage. Any idea if you can unlock slugs for the shotguns on BF3?

No idea, but they're INCREDIBLE at sniping with when you shove a scope on them LOL.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 11:06:11

At 10/3/11 10:57 AM, simon wrote: No idea, but they're INCREDIBLE at sniping with when you shove a scope on them LOL.

Oh man if I could get a scope on my shotgun I'd be loving it. One thing I haven't really been enjoying so much with the BF3 beta is the sniping. I don't really like the first rifles and I recently unlocked the bolt action one (forgot which rifle it is already) and still don't find it to be that great. Maybe I just need to work on that class a little more and get some more of the unlocks.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 11:55:13

At 10/3/11 11:06 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/3/11 10:57 AM, simon wrote: No idea, but they're INCREDIBLE at sniping with when you shove a scope on them LOL.
Oh man if I could get a scope on my shotgun I'd be loving it. One thing I haven't really been enjoying so much with the BF3 beta is the sniping. I don't really like the first rifles and I recently unlocked the bolt action one (forgot which rifle it is already) and still don't find it to be that great. Maybe I just need to work on that class a little more and get some more of the unlocks.

I just put the p2k on the recon class. (Also unlocked ump last night, will try that). Respawn beacon + short range weapon? yes plz

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 15:09:30

At 10/3/11 11:55 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I just put the p2k on the recon class. (Also unlocked ump last night, will try that). Respawn beacon + short range weapon? yes plz

Ah, good thinking batman. Got home a little later than I expected but I still have a couple of hours that I can waste on the beta.

Also, EA have been sending me a "Welcome to the beta" (or something to that effect) email each day for the last 3 days now. It's the exact same email every time. Been happening to anyone else?

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 16:30:06

At 10/3/11 07:35 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/3/11 12:37 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: \
You still haven't explained how this gun is unbalanced.

I don't have to. I don't play with it. Those who do play with it and are vets will explain the unbalance to the devs.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 17:54:50

I sure do appreciate you boys mentioning the UMP45 to me. I just tore each and every one of the guys I was playing with a new ass hole.

46 kills, 17 deaths and a final score of 7606. Pretty sure that I destroyed all but 2 or 3 of the M-Com stations as well.

Second best player in that match got: 36 kills, 24 deaths and a final score of 4763

Image of the scoreboard, which will no doubt be unreadable anyway:

A Thread for Battlefield 3

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 18:16:39

At 10/3/11 10:57 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/3/11 10:52 AM, Dean wrote: Mainly because when you load them with slugs rather than shot, they're incredibly accurate and do loads of damage. Any idea if you can unlock slugs for the shotguns on BF3?
No idea, but they're INCREDIBLE at sniping with when you shove a scope on them LOL.

Yes, you get slug rounds with all of the shotguns around 90 kills, I believe. At least with the 870MCS, which is probably one of the better ones.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-03 21:36:14

That fucking tunnel people camp in during the transition to the metro...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature