00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,911 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-24 13:00:05

At 1/22/12 02:17 PM, Cootie wrote: I have moved away from shotguns in this game because they have only served to piss me off and they are gimped at long ranges. Spraying at close range with a full auto is just as good.

We've already had this discussion. You came to the wrong place for realism bud.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-27 05:59:08

At 1/27/12 03:44 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'll have to give the campaign a go one of these days when I'm not so damn busy.

The campaign is avoidable, in my opinion. The only reason I played through it was for the achievements. It wasn't anything special, which I expected anyway and wasn't bothered about seeing as the only reason I bought this game was for the multiplayer.

I'm back to playing with NG users on Xbox a fair bit. We seem to do pretty well most of the time and I managed to hit Colonel Service Star 4 last night. Still have the "It goes boom!" and the "Scarred Veteran" assignments to finish and then I'll have all of the Karkland weapons.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-27 06:00:16

At 1/27/12 05:59 AM, Dean wrote: Karkland

Why do I keep calling it that? I just can't seem to drop the L.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-27 06:35:57

I was being so half arsed last night, I wish I had more friends to play with. Being literally the only person in the game with a headset is a bit awkward, i'm worried that I sound like a prat when I'm asking for backup. Not that it matters because my team mates are either brain dead or don't speak English.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-27 07:06:42

At 1/27/12 06:35 AM, Quinny wrote: I wish I had more friends to play with.

I'm sure you could round up some NGers who have it on PS3 to play with. It's a good way to become more familiar with some of the users and you get people who aren't totally retarded on your team. It's a win win situation really. Maybe you could even get a little [NG] clan tag going :P

At 1/27/12 06:44 AM, doberman7 wrote: It's because you're Scottish and can't talk properly.

Did you just go there? I think you just went there!

Karkand is alright I guess. I got it free so I can't complain really. I think it's about £10 to purchase which isn't so bad considering what you get with it. Few new maps, vehicles and weapons. The assignments keep you busy for a while, assuming they're your thing.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-28 19:32:44

So I wanted to get Battlefield 3 for awhile but I had no money to make that dream a reality.I remember seeing it for $50 at my Wal Mart a month or two ago when I was with friends but I figured I could come back again.Anyways I checked today there and it was regular price.After coming home I just chilled for a couple hours until I decided to check the web to see where I could get the game for a cheaper price.I saw it for $39.99 at my BestBuy.I just got it and its installing an update right now.I got it for the PS3, but can somebody explain to me why its only $40 for the PS3 and $60 for the 360?It makes no sense.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-28 21:51:41

At 1/28/12 07:32 PM, SouthAsian wrote: I got it for the PS3, but can somebody explain to me why its only $40 for the PS3 and $60 for the 360?It makes no sense.

Me and Dean play on 360. Therefore its better.

I rest my case.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 06:32:40

At 1/29/12 12:47 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: orly? I play on Xbox too. Who wants to play with a newb?

We can try to get a game set up at some point, if you want. I'm not too sure when I'll next be on for any reasonable amount of time. Currently have a fair bit of coursework to do that has been left fairly last minute, so I trying to spend less time on Xbox to get that done.

If we can round up a full squad it would be cool. I'm sure Ryan will be up for it and we could probably get iMini or my mate Tony to join us.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 12:40:22

Anyone else getting the odd bit of lag on the PC version? It's incredibly irritating and I know it's a server problem because every other online game is lag free.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 12:44:31

just finished this, thought id show you: im pretty pleased with it since its my first, plus i made it in a day with movie maker.
Click here,

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 18:54:51

At 1/29/12 03:01 PM, doberman7 wrote:
At 1/29/12 12:44 PM, Arachnus wrote: Click here,
GUYS, GUYS. LOOK AT MY REALLY COOL AMAZING MONTAGE. I AM COOL AND YOU GUYS ARE GAY LOL.

That made me LOL hard, liked and added to favorites!

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 20:10:17

Was getting disconnected today and yesterday for no reason. One time it happened when I'd just busted some fool in the head with the M98 and I was SO pissed off because i didn't get the points. Had a few good jet kills though, even managed some firing in 3rd person :O

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 20:46:26

Add me on PSN

ChewyOwnz

Gawd. I hate my NG username.

PSN: ChewyOwnz

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 21:24:15

At 1/22/12 05:30 PM, Quinny wrote:
Was carrying my team (again) just now on conquest, I nearly always end up with the shit team for some reason. Some of them couldn't even manage 10 kills, they must have been playing with their elbows.

I don't care how many kills people get in Conquest versus as much as long as they're either defending or going after the control points. It pisses me off when people try to do nothing but get kills during conquest.

Also, seriously if people are going to play recon. They need to call out enemies. I can't say the amount of times, I've seen 3 other people playing recon and no one calls out a single enemy.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-29 22:33:46

At 1/28/12 09:51 PM, Ryan wrote:
At 1/28/12 07:32 PM, SouthAsian wrote: I got it for the PS3, but can somebody explain to me why its only $40 for the PS3 and $60 for the 360?It makes no sense.
Me and Dean play on 360. Therefore its better.

I rest my case.

lol maybe...but yeah ive been really enjoying the game, sure are a lot more weapons.Definitely is a COD vibe they tried to implement especially wth the customization/camo etc but im not complaining its all about adding and innovating.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-30 08:28:21

Snipers that don't spot because they don't want someone to "steal" their kill irk me. Especially when they miss the guy like three times and he gets away.

Spotting shows an orange triangle above the enemies head which is extremely useful when sniping long range. The challenge for me is finding the guy not shotting him. But I'm usually pretty close to the enemy when I snipe and provide useful spawns with the beacon for my team.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-30 09:51:44

I only snipe when I can't be arsed playing properly. I'm usually assault or in a jet humming Ride Of The Valkyries.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-30 15:34:51

At 1/27/12 07:52 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 1/24/12 01:00 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 1/22/12 02:17 PM, Cootie wrote: I have moved away from shotguns in this game because they have only served to piss me off and they are gimped at long ranges. Spraying at close range with a full auto is just as good.
We've already had this discussion. You came to the wrong place for realism bud.
Well, what about balance?

You mean the way that it's been properly balanced for the past 4 games that you couldn't be arsed to play?

Just because you don't like the way something is, does not mean that it is unbalanced. It's great that you don't play starcraft, because you'd probably be QQing all over the thread.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-30 18:22:57

At 1/30/12 03:01 PM, doberman7 wrote: Oh God, I should totally join in.

Tried to join you a few times but the server is always full ;___;

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 00:34:07

At 1/30/12 03:01 PM, doberman7 wrote:
At 1/30/12 09:51 AM, Quinny wrote: Ride Of The Valkyries.
Oh God, I should totally join in.

Note: flying a jet while playing Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" is another rather good choice IMO.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 04:24:09

I'm something like 10 AT rocket kills away from finishing my second last assignment. I think you get an achievement for beating them all and then another for getting 10 kills with each of the unlocked weapons. Assuming I'm able to get them this week, they will be my first achievements in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 06:32:05

Anyone here playing this on the Xbox 360?

Playing with complete strangers isn't cutting it anymore. Need to put a team together-- Expendables style and shit.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 11:58:47

The person who mentioned that leveling jets was hard isnt kidding.I only managed 20 points in all of my jet play.Im just grateful that the experience needed for the first unlock is only 300 points.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 12:41:44

Jets are the best vehicle IMO, always get a lotta points in them, though I am only one or two unlocks away from having all of them, I don't know, I just too to flying them easier than most people it seems...

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 17:01:56

At 1/31/12 06:32 AM, Jack wrote: Anyone here playing this on the Xbox 360?

I'm still on from time to time, but not as much as usual right now because of my coursework deadlines approaching. In about two weeks time I'll probably be back on more regularly again, for a while at least.

At 1/31/12 12:41 PM, Snuff wrote: Jets are the best vehicle IMO,

I prefer the helicopters. Especially the scout ones. Most of the time I seem to do really well with them.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 17:14:28

This game needs more steeds.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-01-31 19:41:21

The choppers are too sensitive for me. I'm a good gunner but I always balls it up as pilot. Jets are much more fun, air radar and extinguisher are essential though or you won't last long. Sometimes near the end I like to find the nearest tank and do a kamikaze for shits and giggles.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-01 12:43:27

Jets are the best vehicle IMO, always get a lotta points in them, though I am only one or two unlocks away from having all of them, I don't know, I just too to flying them easier than most people it seems...

I find them impossible to fly. I have a pretty low vehicle sensitivity for tankin and I just end up sliding my mouse of my mouse pad. I've been meaning to fly a bit more but my love for the little bird is enough for now.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-01 13:44:41

I use Air Radar, IR Flares and Heat Seekers. Do just fine with that. Air Radar I've just unlocked and it really is a life saver, countless times I've not known that I had an enemy jet on my tail and payed the price for it. I'm thinking of using the Extinguisher but I figure if you the missile doesn't hit you in the first place why bother?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2012-02-01 14:52:04

Air Radar I've just unlocked and it really is a life saver, countless times I've not known that I had an enemy jet on my tail and payed the price for it.

As a scout heli pilot I just zoom out my mini map. I really don't see the need for Air Radar plus I need my laser painter for my guided anyway. But I guess because jets can travel so fast that they would be a lot harder to keep track of.