00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Souls!

29,584 Views | 358 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 03:24:39

At 10/11/11 02:44 AM, Luke wrote: Got the gargoyles, didn't get the drop.
I'll survive I suppose, though I really wanted it.

Why? You'll never be able to use it, nor any other boss drops.

To hold it you need 50 strength. 50. If you somehow ever got you strength that high, there would be weapons 20x better by then anyway.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 05:44:08

At 10/11/11 03:24 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Why? You'll never be able to use it, nor any other boss drops.

To hold it you need 50 strength. 50. If you somehow ever got you strength that high, there would be weapons 20x better by then anyway.

Trophy Huntin bro..

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 08:40:45

At 10/11/11 05:44 AM, Luke wrote:
At 10/11/11 03:24 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Why? You'll never be able to use it, nor any other boss drops.

Trophy Huntin bro..

I heard that if you can beat the asylum demon at the beginning before you collect your weapon and shield, he'll sometimes drop that big club of his. Bit of a suicidal and near impossible task, I'm sure, but hey, if you want trophies and weapon drops...

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 08:58:19

At 10/11/11 08:40 AM, megakill wrote: I heard that if you can beat the asylum demon at the beginning before you collect your weapon and shield, he'll sometimes drop that big club of his. Bit of a suicidal and near impossible task, I'm sure, but hey, if you want trophies and weapon drops...

I'm trying that right now because I'm motherfuckin HARDCORE. I will provide picture proof when I am done.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 09:31:45

2 damage?

NOPE

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 10:17:26

At 10/11/11 09:31 AM, phrozonfire wrote: 2 damage?

NOPE

It's okay. He raped me enough times too.
I'm supposed to be heading into the depths but my tv is fucked. The pictures too dark so I can't see anything. I'm grinding in the meantime and just got the stone greatsword. 40 strength to wield. Mines 23. Fml.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 16:27:59

At 10/9/11 10:51 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 10/9/11 01:58 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I approve of the evil auras in this thread.

I got cursed, and I had to backtrack for a fucking hour to cure it.

Being cursed is the worst possible thing that can happen. I don't want to go through the frogs again.
There's only 1 frog you have to fight as long as you don't fall down one of the trap doors, and he has low hp.

theres also a wicked shortcut near the meat table and crates where those butcher knife dudes used to be (until you kill them). Its a small hole. You go down there, and get past the giant effing rat (i used arrows), and slide down the side walkway where all the streaming water is from. You literally can get to the boss stage if you haven't already unlocked the other shortcut door that brings you back to the bonfire.l

So I'm about to head into the depths, and so far I've been using the drake sword.

Has anyone found a weapon that's superior to the drake sword this far into the game, and is it worth pursuing, or would it be a suicidal mission to try and get it, only offering minor superiorities as a reward?

its definitely a suicide mission but Astora's Straight Sword is in the Valley of Drakes in front of a sleeping dragon. You don't have to fight any enemys to get there from firelink. Need a master key through new londo ruins if you haven't gotten through blighttown yet. Requires 14 faith, and only 12 strength but it does 80 additional magic damage on top of 80 standard. And you can spear with it in small corridors where you can't with the drake sword, so it's but safer to use. Also great for melee casters!

@luke
your next step is lower burgs, you should have a key now to open a door that was previously locked in undead burg. It's a rather short area, but beating it will lead you to the sewers(depths) which is the next area after lower b. I haven't actually attempted the lightning dude yet, but it seems too knarely and the path i took was much easier.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 17:05:09

Killing the undead dragon on the Valley of Drakes/Blighttown crossing on low levels is easy if:
You bring a LOT of firebombs
You bought some Fire Pine Resin from the undead lady AND you have a spear with decent reach (Winged Spear on Cementery/Pike bought from Andrei, normal spear is shit range)
You have pyBROmancy flame on a decent level

The undead dragon is very susceptible to flame attacks. let him vomit and then quickly poke him in its hand (Lock on not recommended). It's cool if you touch the toxic vomit as long as it doesn't build up, but it doesn't hurt to have Blooming Moss around (Bushmen drop em).

If you kill him and venture a little into Blighttown you can find a key to New Londo on a chest on the scaffolding, once you open that steel door on Valley of Drakes that it connects to New Londo and then Firelink.

I wouldn't brother braving the Drakes yet until you have ascended weapons or something that makes thing BLEED (Bleed takes away 33% of HP once it builds up).

You also need FAITH to with Astora's Sword, keep that in mind if you want to invest a little on it, specially if you are a Wanderer (which i am).

THIS REALLY SAVES YOU A PAIN IN THE ASS IF YOU HATED VALLEY OF DEFILEMENT ON DEMON'S SOULS, SINCE YOU'LL BE SKIPPING 3/4 OF THIS AREA.

But you'll be also skipping Ninja Set and Iaito (Badass draw stance katana), among other goodies.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 17:20:56

The lightning guy is pretty easy. After you get past him, you can go through Darkroot Garden, Darkroot Basin, or if you have 20,000 souls, Darkroot forest. If you go to the basin, you can fight the hyrdra, pick up some good armor, and unlock a shortcut back to Undead Burg. The hydra is hard as fuck though, so you should continue on in Darkroot Garden, which is pretty short and easy. After you clear the boss there, you get a key and a divine ember, which allows you to ascend weapons if you give it to the blacksmith.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 17:29:22

At 10/11/11 05:05 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote: But you'll be also skipping Ninja Set and Iaito (Badass draw stance katana), among other goodies.

I got that shit, then when I finally escaped I picked up Astora's Sword & Shield then that undead dragon killed me.

Also, trying to kill Kellog, because I hear her sword is even better because It does Fire damage.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 17:37:18

What are everyone's stats looking like right now? I started as a bandit and stick to melee.
I've currently got something like:

Strength - 24
Vitality - 19
Endurance - 19
Resistance - 20
Dexterity - 12

Something along those lines anyway, all the other skills are relatively untouched. I'm level 40 in total and just starting the depths which is proving to be one touch son of a bitch.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 18:12:31

At 10/11/11 05:29 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Also, trying to kill Kellog, because I hear her sword is even better because It does Fire damage.

Quelaag's Curved sword rapes shit, scales with Dex AND has fire damage,
Chaos blade Katana is just Hiltless 2.0 (Take damage each time you land a hit.)

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 18:44:41

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Path of the Dragon

Upon joining you will receive the Eye of the Dragon, a multiplayer item which allows you to invade the world of anyone carrying a Dragon Scale and fight the player for that drop, and a Dragon Head Stone which, when you remove your helmet, transforms your head into that of a dragon and grants lightning breath which uses your endurance bar. At rank 1 you will receive nothing. At rank 2 you will receive the Dragon Torso Stone which transforms you fully into a dragon and buffs your resistance stats as well as your fist attack pow

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 18:52:08

At 10/11/11 06:44 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
Path of the Dragon

...Are you shitting me?
Where the fuck do I sign up?
TELL ME NAO!

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 19:32:55

Hey, I've got a question for you guys. What starting gift should I pick? I don't really want the master key, as I want to experience the game as it was intended to be played the first time. So any suggestions?

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 20:34:45

At 10/11/11 07:32 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Hey, I've got a question for you guys. What starting gift should I pick? I don't really want the master key, as I want to experience the game as it was intended to be played the first time. So any suggestions?

No get master key!

Game is intended to be played with or without a master key. It alters your starting experience like any of the other gifts. That said, master key is the most beneficial simply because you get more options. It's not the be all end all key of awesome. However it opens up different paths to the same areas. Usually if you make it to an area that can be opened with the master key, you could of found the other real key already however at a cost of souls. Its a soul saver!

The name of the game is exploration, master key helps kill the linearity. Don't think of it as some sort of cheat code because it wont help you in that aspect at all. It just opens up more branching paths and gives you more choice for your game progression.

In my opinion best strategy is to start thief, and get master key automatically, then choose a different gift and just change your build as you progress.

If you truely want some sort of handicap, then dont get master key, drop your gift, and choose the deprived class. Have fun.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 20:44:12

At 10/11/11 08:34 PM, narf wrote:
At 10/11/11 07:32 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Hey, I've got a question for you guys. What starting gift should I pick? I don't really want the master key, as I want to experience the game as it was intended to be played the first time. So any suggestions?
No get master key!

The name of the game is exploration, master key helps kill the linearity. Don't think of it as some sort of cheat code because it wont help you in that aspect at all. It just opens up more branching paths and gives you more choice for your game progression.

Alright thanks man, the way the master key was described to me was that it broke the shit out of the game and made it easy. I'm going with the master key. None of the other gifts sounded good anyway.

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 20:54:11

demon souls is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 21:32:59

At 10/11/11 08:54 PM, DARKELEMENT101199 wrote: demon souls is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard.

Maybe you just suck.

Killed they Hydra and Kellog, got a bitchin Lightning Spear, now I'm gonna kill the guy who killed the firekeeper.

Guys, keep in mind if you kill Lotrec, you can stop him from killing the Firekeeper and disabling the bonfire at firelink shrine for several hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-11 22:22:52

My character is cursed...so I restarted all over. This time I started as a warrior. Granted they don't have any magic or what not, they are the most fun in my opinion.

Killed taurus demon easily, got the drake sword (really OP btw), and killed the gargoyles. I'm guessing that I should either go back to where the blacksmith is or go to the tower and use the basement key (near the area where dragon is breathing fire) to continue my quest.

Pumping in points to strength, vitality, endurance, and dexterity.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 01:37:50

i don't know where to go now that i killed the gargoyles so i'm just going to run around for a bit tonight and see where the roads take me, i know i don't want to go to the forest area yet, so i'm going to try the tombs or whatever.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 02:35:21

At 10/11/11 04:27 PM, narf wrote: @luke
your next step is lower burgs, you should have a key now to open a door that was previously locked in undead burg. It's a rather short area, but beating it will lead you to the sewers(depths) which is the next area after lower b. I haven't actually attempted the lightning dude yet, but it seems too knarely and the path i took was much easier.

thanks man - ill run around later on probably and try finding it ... hopefully i will have no problem doing so, not sure where it is for sure, but i'm sure it wont be too tough to find.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 06:23:30

Wow the Capra Demon is a real bitch, tried her twice and gave up... Just wow.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 07:30:57

This master key is a mixed blessing. It has found me some cool items, but it also has unlocked some doors that were not meant to be unlocked. I unlocked one of them and got destroyed by some dick and his 30 foot sword.

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 07:36:56

At 10/12/11 07:30 AM, wafflecake12 wrote: This master key is a mixed blessing. It has found me some cool items, but it also has unlocked some doors that were not meant to be unlocked. I unlocked one of them and got destroyed by some dick and his 30 foot sword.

Garl 2.0?

If you can get passed him, get around the ice atronarchs (that's what I call them), go left, and follow a traverse path, you can get the Grass Crest Shield. Pretty good shield imo as it provides faster stamina regeneration. But beware of the black knight.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 13:46:41

At 10/11/11 10:22 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: My character is cursed...so I restarted all over. This time I started as a warrior. Granted they don't have any magic or what not, they are the most fun in my opinion.

You serious? That priest guy at the Belfry heals it for 3k. And while you are cursed you can take on the ghost of New Londo...

...And there's a guy on New Londo that cures it for 1 humanity.

...And some ghosts drop a weapon that hurts them.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 14:16:44

At 10/12/11 01:46 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
At 10/11/11 10:22 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: My character is cursed...so I restarted all over. This time I started as a warrior. Granted they don't have any magic or what not, they are the most fun in my opinion.
You serious? That priest guy at the Belfry heals it for 3k. And while you are cursed you can take on the ghost of New Londo...

...And there's a guy on New Londo that cures it for 1 humanity.

...And some ghosts drop a weapon that hurts them.

This.

If you get cured twice then you should still at least give it a good shot trying to get it healed, but 3 times and I don't think anyone would blame you for giving up.

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 15:40:14

At 10/12/11 02:16 PM, megakill wrote:
If you get cured twice then you should still at least give it a good shot trying to get it healed, but 3 times and I don't think anyone would blame you for giving up.

Yeah...it was three times. Hall mates just love to get some of that DS action. I'm actually doing a lot better with my other character anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 15:48:45

Making a character choice... I think I'm going to go with the Hunter like I did in Demon's Souls.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2011-10-12 16:56:06

At 10/12/11 07:30 AM, wafflecake12 wrote: This master key is a mixed blessing. It has found me some cool items, but it also has unlocked some doors that were not meant to be unlocked. I unlocked one of them and got destroyed by some dick and his 30 foot sword.

Come back later and kill him. He drops a really useful ring.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature