00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Souls!

29,562 Views | 358 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-29 11:47:21

Level.40 andI still suck

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-29 15:37:24

At 1/29/12 11:47 AM, LostFaceInTrain wrote: Level.40 andI still suck

Stuck where exactly?

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-30 00:59:38

At 1/29/12 07:45 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote: fuck basilisks

fuck them

They have no melee attack. Just 2-hand your weapon and beat them to a pulp.

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-30 04:57:55

Okay guys, I've got a problem. I literally can't stop playing this game.

This game is ridiculously massive. And I just love how the difficulty extends it more so. But I feel the game has gotten considerably easier once I got the black knight sword. It went from "the hardest game I've ever played that I will most likely never finish" to "a challenging game that I can finish this month". There's nothing I can't kill with more than 2-3 hits, bosses take 6-12 hits at max. And my strength isn't even *that* high. I feel that either this sword is overpowered or they should have made the game even harder.

Your thoughts?

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-30 11:36:16

Fuck Brightwood

Just Fuck It

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-31 02:17:53

All i've got left before I finish my first playthrough is Seath and then Gwyn himself.

So in order to get myself ready for NG+ I goofed around in Anal Londo looking to Way of the White for some people.

I've probably beaten Ornsteain and Smough about 4 times now but I also got to do a little PVPing as a phantom.

We were looking for Dark Spirit 'Bambi' for maybe 15 minutes before we finally found him hiding with the painted guardians in the rafters. I pulled out my dragonslayer bow and put one in his ankle when he wasn't looking and he died like a BEEEEEITCH. It was fun.

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-01-31 09:54:15

At 1/30/12 11:36 AM, LostFaceInTrain wrote: Fuck Brightwood

Just Fuck It

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mean Blight town (it is a hell hole I agree with you). If not, then can you remind me what Brightwood is (Fable 2 reference)? If anything, I'd recommend going back to the asylum in order to get the Rusted Iron Ring (allows you to go through water with ease) as it will be helpful in order to get through the poison water with ease.

Starting out as a Deprived and just killed the Gaping Dragon...that took about 15 minutes of my life. Club is actually pretty good, but I'm going to have to upgrade to a better weapon eventually (Quelaag is gonna be a big meanie soon).

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-11 21:07:13

PC port confirmed and it will include a good amount of additional content. Only downside is that it's being released on GFWL.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-11 23:47:28

At 4/11/12 09:07 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: PC port confirmed and it will include a good amount of additional content. Only downside is that it's being released on GFWL.

The only awful thing I can see is people taking advantage of lag and such. That could ruin the game!

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-12 01:58:31

The Japanese are so stupid/unknowledgable/ignorant when it comes to the PC. WHY COULDN'T THEY PUT IT ON STEAM

DO THEY REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY THEY AREN'T GOING TO MAKE

And even worse, GFWL?!

sigh

I'll still buy it anyway though

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-12 22:23:27

At 4/12/12 01:58 AM, Halberd wrote: The Japanese are so stupid/unknowledgable/ignorant when it comes to the PC. WHY COULDN'T THEY PUT IT ON STEAM

And even worse, GFWL?!

sigh

Do GFWL not usually go on steam after a while? Dawn of War 2 did.

Also will the Xbox get DLC of the new stuff?

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-12 23:18:33

At 4/12/12 10:23 PM, LostFaceInTrain wrote:
At 4/12/12 01:58 AM, Halberd wrote: The Japanese are so stupid/unknowledgable/ignorant when it comes to the PC. WHY COULDN'T THEY PUT IT ON STEAM

And even worse, GFWL?!

sigh

Do GFWL not usually go on steam after a while? Dawn of War 2 did.

Also will the Xbox get DLC of the new stuff?

It's very likely that the PC content will be released as DLC. FROM mainly develops for consoles, so it seems they wouldn't screw over the majority of their fanbase.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-19 01:34:03

Hey guys, i need some advice. I just completed Anor Londo and I'm not sure which weapon of mine to primarily use and upgrade. Weapon move sets aside, which of the weapons I'm about to list would you suggest?

I have Qualagg's Furysword +4
Black Knight Sword +5
Lightning Spear+4
A Silver Knight Spear +6
and a Lightning Zweihander +3

I've kind of just been switching around, the stats are all different as well as some being faster or slower weapons.

Recommendations?

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-19 01:55:38

At 4/19/12 01:34 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Recommendations?

Nothing can withstand the power of the Black Knight Sword +5. Even if you don't have a lot of strength per se, but combining it with something like the Power Within spell that boosts your attack and any boss in the game falls within 4-6 hits if you're holding it two handed. (You'll notice the normal attack with two handed is much faster than one handed, also never use the heavy attacks, they're way too slow)

To me the black knight sword actually felt too overpowered that it made the game too easy. I never figured out how to upgrade it more than +5 though.

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-19 01:56:54

At 4/19/12 01:55 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 4/19/12 01:34 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Recommendations?
Nothing can withstand the power of the Black Knight Sword +5. Even if you don't have a lot of strength per se, but combining it with something like the Power Within spell that boosts your attack and any boss in the game falls within 4-6 hits if you're holding it two handed. (You'll notice the normal attack with two handed is much faster than one handed, also never use the heavy attacks, they're way too slow)

To me the black knight sword actually felt too overpowered that it made the game too easy. I never figured out how to upgrade it more than +5 though.

I just wasn't sure if it would be better to use a fire/lightning weapon over the BKS, since I don't think the BKS can be elemental.

Thanks though!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-19 03:16:52

At 4/19/12 01:55 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 4/19/12 01:34 AM, FallenMartyr wrote:

You can't. All items that have a Twinkling Titanite upgrade path only go up to +5.

The best thing to keep in mind weapon wise is that you need to focus on either strength or dexterity. Juggling both won't really help you especially since you'll want to be upgrading magic or faith alongside either one of those aforementioned stats.

I prefer strength weapons myself and the Black Knight weapons scale wonderfully with strength. It should continue to be good for PvE since the fact that it's really slow won't really play in as much as it would against other players.

My suggestion would be to continue using the BKS and keep upgrading that Lightning Zwei because lightning weapons are strong regardless of your stats and do good damage to a lot of bosses. You'll want to invest in a divine weapon though at some point because otherwise later sections of the game could become hellish.

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-20 09:52:21

At 4/20/12 02:54 AM, TerminalMontage wrote: Game wasn't hard enough in my opinion, it'll be exciting replaying it when it comes out on PC :)

I'm sure Iron Flesh won't be as cheap as it was when I beat DS on PS3.

Or you could just, you know, not use it. Took the excitement for me when I first used it. Now I just don't use it because it makes the game easier.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-21 06:36:54

Just wanted to throw out there (as a Vita owner) a Souls game on Vita would be a system seller.

Someone will probably bring up Soul Sacrifice, which looks more like MH.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-22 00:43:32

At 4/20/12 02:54 AM, TerminalMontage wrote: Game wasn't hard enough in my opinion, it'll be exciting replaying it when it comes out on PC :)

Iron flesh got nerfed to the point of uselessness. That was one of the many changes in the patch. They pretty much removed all of the really cheap shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-04-22 08:02:41

At 4/22/12 12:43 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:

Iron flesh got nerfed to the point of uselessness. That was one of the many changes in the patch. They pretty much removed all of the really cheap shit.

I believe they made the Black Knight Sword even strong though. And in my opinion I think using the Black Knight Sword is the "easy" mode for this game.

I'm gonna try to finish the game without it, THAT would be the good ol' ridiculously impossible Dark Souls we all know and love.

I mean seriously, with the black knight sword, the Four Kings boss fight was hilariously easy. A lot of guides said you need a quick sword, and not something heavy like the black knight sword, but I used it anyway and I ended up just waiting idly throughout the fight cuz I was killing the kings too fast and they were taking a lot of time to show up.

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-02 21:49:41

So, I'm an incredibly busy bastard and I just beat Dark Souls for the first time today, and all I can say is wow.

Gwyn, unlike many final bosses was actually difficult. Not THE most difficult but atleast the fight was epic. I was well geared.
Black Knight Greataxe+5
Black Knight Set +5
Dark Wood Grain Ring
Ring of Favor and Protection

SL145

AND he was STILL difficult. I had to try like four times before I got a strategy down. Basically parry the shit out of him and stun lock him. Fantastic game, just superb. Also want to say that Kiln of the First Flame is one of the COOLEST areas in a video game I've ever seen. Just feels like something right out of fucking Lord of the Rings, very dark, depressing and beautiful landscape.

I really can't wait for the next Souls game, I hope it's as good as Dark was. I never played Demon Souls and I probably won't since the online is dead. I really don't see myself enjoying it without online so I won't bother.

One last question, For people on NG+ and beyond what level range is good for co-op or pvp. I've done a shit ton of co-op and pvp on NG at Anor Londo, but have no idea for NG+ and beyond. I'm SL148 at the moment, should I quit leveling?

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-03 02:15:45

At 5/2/12 09:49 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: One last question, For people on NG+ and beyond what level range is good for co-op or pvp. I've done a shit ton of co-op and pvp on NG at Anor Londo, but have no idea for NG+ and beyond. I'm SL148 at the moment, should I quit leveling?

Co-op levels are 30-50

PVP is 125

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-03 12:22:29

At 5/3/12 02:15 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 5/2/12 09:49 PM, FallenMartyr wrote:
Co-op levels are 30-50

PVP is 125

People Co-op on NG+ at SL30-50? Why so terribly underleveled?

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-03 15:20:15

I'm level 210 and I still get plenty of pvp action going.

Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-11 18:13:46

Been doing quite a bit of invading at anor londo SL50.

Chaos Washing Pole+5 and Zaphander+5 is so beast, just tears through people.

Most people I encounter have like 0 poise so I just stunlock them to death, or the inevitable BS fish.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-11 18:53:43

I enjoyed playing Dark Souls.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-12 02:38:41

Most brilliant piece of music I've ever heard.

Raped the replay button about 36 times now.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-12 23:53:34

So I'm wanting to make a Lightning Washing Pole while keeping my chaos one, but I already killed Shiva.

SL56 at Anor Londo, anyone willing to trade me one? I have scales, demon titanite or sunlight medals... or anything else you'd want. Except BKGA, I do have Greatsword though

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-14 06:20:40

At 5/12/12 11:53 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: So I'm wanting to make a Lightning Washing Pole while keeping my chaos one, but I already killed Shiva.

SL56 at Anor Londo, anyone willing to trade me one? I have scales, demon titanite or sunlight medals... or anything else you'd want. Except BKGA, I do have Greatsword though

Bump

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls! 2012-05-21 13:51:41

Any of you faggots gonna pick up the pc version?

I probably will because I'm a real bro.

Dark Souls!

BBS Signature