00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab

15,418 Views | 176 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 16:40:51

Artpocalypse Now Collab

This is an art collab centered around THE END OF THE WORLD/THE END OF MANKIND. Each artist will make a rendering of an apocalyptic scenario, easy enough. All acceptable art recieved will be put into a flash to be submitted to the Flash Portal here on Newgrounds. YOU CAN DO THIS!

--

The Rules

1) Each image must be 550 px wide by 400 px tall.
2) Scanned images must be cropped to the dimensions outlined above.
3) Images must use the entire canvas.
4) Each image must represent the end of the world and/or the end of mankind.
5) I will chose co-authors by the quality of their submission(s).
6) Nudity should be tasteful and artistic if included.
7) Be creative!
8) Have fun!

--

The deadline for art is: Feburary 28th at 11:59 pm. If you do not have your art done by that time but feel that it is good enough to be included SEND ME A PM and show me your work.

I will have the flash submission ready to go when it's done, it shouldn't take too long.

K? Go!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 16:52:50

I'll join. Just got to think how it'll end now :P

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 17:58:02

You waste no time in starting it eh?
Just a few things.
1) How long before someone submits a movie reference picture?
2) Kraig, if she's side-straddling the missile, she needs to be moved up in the picture/more to her left. As of now, she's a bit to much on the right side, and liable to slide off.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 18:03:30

At 1/24/11 05:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You waste no time in starting it eh?

I was bored and I just felt like starting something fun. =]

Just a few things.

That's not up to me, silly.

2) Kraig, if she's side-straddling the missile, she needs to be moved up in the picture/more to her left. As of now, she's a bit to much on the right side, and liable to slide off.

Because it's a totally plausible scenario in the first place; a naked woman riding on a bomb as it drops.
I will try to get her seated more... realistically..? Lol. =P

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 18:06:43

At 1/24/11 06:03 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 1/24/11 05:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You waste no time in starting it eh?
I was bored and I just felt like starting something fun. =]

All's fun in love and apocalypse.

Just a few things.
That's not up to me, silly.

I'm figuring it will come from someone like Kinsei.

Because it's a totally plausible scenario in the first place; a naked woman riding on a bomb as it drops.
I will try to get her seated more... realistically..? Lol. =P

The original script of Dr Strangelove had a female lead where she got naked for the film's climactic ending. They changed it to a male lead after test readers had erections lasting over 24 hours.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 18:12:50

At 1/24/11 05:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Kraig, if she's side-straddling the missile, she needs to be moved up in the picture/more to her left. As of now, she's a bit to much on the right side, and liable to slide off.

left your eyes on the bedside table again? shes got her leg folded underneath her other leg.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 18:17:27

The world can't end soon enough! COUNT ME IN!!

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 18:17:34

At 1/24/11 06:12 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/24/11 05:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Kraig, if she's side-straddling the missile, she needs to be moved up in the picture/more to her left. As of now, she's a bit to much on the right side, and liable to slide off.
left your eyes on the bedside table again? shes got her leg folded underneath her other leg.

Yeah, it's a modified side-straddle.

I don't ride horses.

Either way, she'll still fall off.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 22:05:56

This is relevant to my interests. I'm almost done.

Sure glad I check this forum once a month. Never know what kind of neat stuff you'll find.

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 22:15:25

I'm gonna try and participate in this one. I don't do enough of the collabs.

Or in general, as of late.

Not gonna go with a traditional "nuclear holocaust" armageddon, though. I'm gonna try and do something more unusual than that.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 22:16:56

Aww man, another great collab. I want to join but I have to much going on. Oh well, I'll post a pic sometime.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 22:24:43

At 1/24/11 10:15 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I'm gonna try and participate in this one. I don't do enough of the collabs.
Or in general, as of late.
Not gonna go with a traditional "nuclear holocaust" armageddon, though. I'm gonna try and do something more unusual than that.

I should hope most people get creative with their ideas, there are endless possible ways for the world to come to an end, from the traditional to the very silly; robot rebellion, rising sea levels, mad science experiment gone awry, solar flare, zombies, one massive cataclysmic fart -- the only limit is imagination!

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 22:50:42

At 1/24/11 10:24 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I should hope most people get creative with their ideas, there are endless possible ways for the world to come to an end, from the traditional to the very silly; robot rebellion, rising sea levels, mad science experiment gone awry, solar flare, zombies, one massive cataclysmic fart -- the only limit is imagination!

Jonny got his hands on nuclear weapons.... you know, that sort of imaginative stuff.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-24 23:05:46

At 1/24/11 10:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Jonny got his hands on nuclear weapons.... you know, that sort of imaginative stuff

Ninjacalypse.

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-25 07:55:58

At 1/24/11 10:24 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I should hope most people get creative with their ideas, there are endless possible ways for the world to come to an end, from the traditional to the very silly; robot rebellion, rising sea levels, mad science experiment gone awry, solar flare, zombies, one massive cataclysmic fart -- the only limit is imagination!

I'm think a zombies for my one, going to try and put some comedy in there as well though. Best start sketching some ideas :).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 04:08:01

I've got an idea, but I'm lagging it on my collab and a little tied up. Hopefully I can participate.

And yay for Dr. Strangelove.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 06:02:11

I'm drawing an invisible Scott Pilgrim, a gang of bikers, 2 sharks wrestling and a zebra eating a lion with REM playing on the background for this.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 06:09:08

At 1/26/11 06:02 AM, test-object wrote: I'm drawing an invisible Scott Pilgrim, a gang of bikers, 2 sharks wrestling and a zebra eating a lion with REM playing on the background for this.

ALSO I'M NOT DONE, I will draw real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 06:14:55

At 1/26/11 06:09 AM, test-object wrote:
At 1/26/11 06:02 AM, test-object wrote: I'm drawing an invisible Scott Pilgrim, a gang of bikers, 2 sharks wrestling and a zebra eating a lion with REM playing on the background for this.
ALSO I'M NOT DONE, I will draw real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!

all in a 550 x 400 dimension space, that's too much apocalyptic for newgrounds to handle

Count me in

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 08:58:25

i know its gunna be quality over quantity, but is there a limit on amount of pics each person can do?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 09:18:36

At 1/26/11 08:58 AM, Ashman wrote: i know its gunna be quality over quantity, but is there a limit on amount of pics each person can do?

Hmm... I didn't think there needed to be one. I figure if someone wants to spend a lot of time and energy making several decent pictures then there's no harm in letting them.

IF someone does a bunch of lower quality pictures just to lock down ideas so that other people won't do them that creates a bit of a problem, but I won't be including pictures that don't pass a certain quality threshold and I will let a person know right away if I feel that their work isn't up to standard.

I will be doing more than one, I'm going to start on my next idea today.

So, I guess what I want to say is that there isn't a limit to the number of pictures a single person can do (so long as it's a reasonable percentage of the whole). But I do expect people to put more effort into making fewer pictures shine as opposed to cranking out a larger number of pictures.

If any problems arise from this policy I will reconsider it.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 15:20:51

I am not going to read into some of the ideas some that the others have posted on here but how many Kind of scenarios am I aloud to portray here?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 15:42:16

At 1/26/11 03:20 PM, argile wrote: I am not going to read into some of the ideas some that the others have posted on here but how many Kind of scenarios am I aloud to portray here?

Anything that could result in the end of the world and/or the end of mankind is fair. Like I said in an earlier post; I'd like people to get creative with their scenarios no matter how far out there they get.

If you want sharks to evolve legs and eat up everyone, that's fine with me. =]

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 17:13:48

I am willing to join.

Also, She seems North Korean.
Kim Jong Il go over the top?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 19:53:40

'So THAT'S what that key does!'

Any critique?

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 19:56:32

At 1/26/11 07:53 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: 'So THAT'S what that key does!'

Any critique?

I like it.

Can I do an angry birds kind of art?

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 19:57:42

I've got an idea, but I want some input on it.

I want to do a piece that's (pretty heavily) inspired by one of my favorite painters, Moki Mioke. Various paintings of hers feature marvelously detailed settings surrounding a starkly simple character. To give some examples: My current wallpaper, Some jolly bears, and others.

In a similar strain, I wanted to make a character that resembles one of hers (completely black with white eyes) standing in a city, collecting the souls of all of its inhabitants.
I've made a very rough, quick pencil sketch to show the basic idea, but I want some opinions before I actually sink any time into this drawing.

Is this too unclear? Is there a way I can make what she's doing more clear? Is using an idea of another artist for my own piece too unoriginal?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 19:57:56

At 1/26/11 06:02 AM, test-object wrote: a zebra eating a lion

I love it. Lol.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 20:04:38

At 1/26/11 07:53 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: 'So THAT'S what that key does!'

Any critique?

Hehehe, I love it! nice idea.

At 1/26/11 07:57 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I've got an idea, but I want some input on it.
idea
Is this too unclear? Is there a way I can make what she's doing more clear? Is using an idea of another artist for my own piece too unoriginal?

I think the only way it could be made more clear is if maybe you had some skeletons laying around and some of those ghosts you like to draw coming out of them. Maybe even just one in the foreground. And as for being unoriginal, I don't think it is. Nothing wrong with being inspired by a role model.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Artpocalypse Now: Art Collab 2011-01-26 20:07:38

At 1/26/11 08:04 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:

At 1/26/11 07:57 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I've got an idea, but I want some input on it.
idea
I think the only way it could be made more clear is if maybe you had some skeletons laying around and some of those ghosts you like to draw coming out of them. Maybe even just one in the foreground. And as for being unoriginal, I don't think it is. Nothing wrong with being inspired by a role model.

That actually occurred to me; have what I've sketched there in the background and have a much closer image in the foreground depicting someone's soul quietly leaving their body and heading off towards the soul-gatherer.
I think I'll go forward with it. Thanks.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature